Fifa community toxicity

FAL
375 posts An Exciting Prospect
This people in this game are the absolute worst and I mostly blame the gameplay. Let me explain:

Just lost to a guy 3-2 and his club was easily worth at least 5 Mil more than mine. After every goal he shushed me and did some stupid celebration as if the reason he’s beating me is because he’s far superior of a player than I am. Not the fact that his team are able to complete passes and score goals that defy the laws of physics.

The reason it’s the game’s fault is because it allows players like this to compete. If we played with even teams I would have dominated this player. As a result, the community will always be this crappy because it turns down the people who actually enjoy real football and appeals more to these YouTube gamers that just want to win at all costs, including every exploit possible.

Comments

• nj10
    2247 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2019
    Seems like he was playing to frustrate you... seems to have worked

Tactics like that can often make you think ”i’ll Show you.” Then you try and be more aggressive in your play and lose your composure. Just try to relax man
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up
    nj10 wrote: »

Tactics like that can often make you think”i’ll Show you” and you try and be more aggressive in your play and lose your composure. Just try and relax man

• Messi181
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2019
    Lol you need to look at the bigger picture instead of calling people toxic, clearly your getting triggered. Answer this, if ea never added the shushing and dab would you be saying this? So clearly ea implemented it to be used to trigger other people.

Next time you get triggered and blame the community remember why is it in there in the first place.
  • JordVorenholt
    434 posts Sunday League Hero
    When my opponent shushes which isn't very often I usually think it must be just a kid I'm playing.
  • FAL
    nj10 wrote: »

Tactics like that can often make you think ”i’ll Show you.” Then you try and be more aggressive in your play and lose your composure. Just try to relax man

I’m not triggered at all. I was laughing the whole time because most of his goals I knew I couldn’t do anything about. Maybe I’m just more of a sportsman and don’t rub it in when I’m beating them.
  • Foxsake
    2680 posts Fans' Favourite
    It’s not toxic it’s competative
  • FAL
    Messi181 wrote: »
    Lol you need to look at the bigger picture instead of calling people toxic, clearly your getting triggered. Answer this, if ea never added the shushing and dab would you be saying this? So clearly ea implemented it to be used to trigger other people.

Next time you get triggered and blame the community remember why is it in there in the first place.

The bigger picture is this game doesn’t appeal to true footballers. It appeals to kids and people that EA can exploit for money.

The only thing that keeps me coming back to this game is my love for the sport and even then at times it’s like pulling teeth.
  • FAL
    Foxsake wrote: »

Lol competitive? The only thing competitive about this game is getting the best cards possible. As a football game it’s bad and there’s not a whole lot to do with how good someone plays.
  • JURITO1000
    1670 posts Play-Off Hero
    I dont watch celebrations,if i concede i take the phone and chceck insta or something
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    If I come up against that kind of player (stacked Icon/TOTY team) with no skill against my 250k team and he scores first/rubs it in I usually just go ultra D and wait him out.

I'll either score the equalizer and then he opens up because he wants to 'shove it in' and gets eaten for breakfest as a consequence or it'll end 0-1 for him.

Either way instead of being only enjoyable for him it's either a grind fir both of us or I'll get the upper hand.

Way better than to open myself up and get eaten alive allowing him the impression that he's actually better when he isn't..
  • Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional

Community made the dab toxic. Dab is all about being cool at first ;)
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6486 posts Big Money Move

Gotta disagree here. You see messages all the time of people saying they hope you die or get cancer or wish harm on your family. That isn’t competitive.
  • Phuong
    79 posts Park Captain
    He's clearly playing mind games with you and it seemed to have work as here you are right now. Would tell you to try to keep cool etc. but i get tilted myself so know how you feel.
  • Nodge86
    2538 posts Fans' Favourite
    bberger wrote: »
    If I come up against that kind of player (stacked Icon/TOTY team) with no skill against my 250k team and he scores first/rubs it in I usually just go ultra D and wait him out.

I'll either score the equalizer and then he opens up because he wants to 'shove it in' and gets eaten for breakfest as a consequence or it'll end 0-1 for him.

Either way instead of being only enjoyable for him it's either a grind fir both of us or I'll get the upper hand.

Way better than to open myself up and get eaten alive allowing him the impression that he's actually better when he isn't..

You beating him is absolutely nothing to do with the game levelling stacked/non-stacked teams out at all. It’s definitely because you’re better than him and he has no skill.
  • QceCapo
    5632 posts Big Money Move
    Jeyj38 wrote: »

Community made the dab toxic. Dab is all about being cool at first ;)

the dab was never cool fam.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner

Gotta disagree here. You see messages all the time of people saying they hope you die or get cancer or wish harm on your family. That isn’t competitive.

Honestly I haven't received a single vitriolic rage message in about 2 years, seems to me like people can't be bothered these days

I've got maybe 3 angry messages in FUT19 and they've all been some variation of "your lucky, that goal was BS"
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Play proclubs.
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1250 posts Professional
    1v1 games will always be toxic mortal kombat is also very toxic the amount of hate mail i used to get from people on mk9 when i destroyed them with johny cage was hilarious.

However that being said fifa is by far the most toxic game you can play because the game has no skill involved and is very random the best community on the other hand i have seen is the trials games always willing to help each other.
  • BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yesterday I had someone pause the game 3 times in the 75th min, I messaged him asking why... he said "you was 5-1 up and still trying to score, so I decided to waste your time because you was wasting mine" His logic was because I couldn't get any more points I should have let him pass it around his back 4 so the game was over quickly

The community is toxic and everyone is prone to a bit of sh**housery. If someone dabs/shushes me, I'll run it to the corner flag if I'm 2-1 with 5 to go. I honestly don't care... I usually press rb and lb when I score because I just want to get on with the game. But if I score the winner against someone who's been a wind up merchant all game, you can bet that I'm shushing him and watching all the replays

It's not just the fifa community that's toxic, all online competitive gaming communities are toxic

• Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Football community is toxic.

Just look at the "fans". I put that in quotes 'cause i mean for example the people from Bristol who support Man U who in real life if one of their players scores they run a round shouting like player is best in world in a very manic fashion.

The very plastic kind of fan, only there to get loud when and mouthy when it's celebration time. Zero authenticity.

These are the people who will get a rebound goal/spill and dab shush watch the crowd and celebrate like they're the best player in the world.

Theyre just here for cheap victories, that's why they support teams 100s of miles away from where they live and have never been.
  • GLAN12
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I used to get wound up to be fair . But I just realised what a sad little man you must be trying to wind or antagonise someone on a game . Very odd behaviour . This made me relax a little more .

• abbey621
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2019
    Lol...true sports fan? FIFA 19 is a game, a simulation. Like any other simulation, the better your team the more you win. Then again we have people with actual skills and then gameplay manipulation. So when you see someone with a MEGA team celebrate after each goal, know that it comes from a place of pure joy. Actually investing money, time and so on, which resulted in a satisfying win. Don't hate, git gud :D
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    I just pity my opponent. How awful must someone'e life be to want to try to trigger someone they don't know?

Must be pathetic.
  • BILLYT96
    abbey621 wrote: »
    Lol...true sports fan? FIFA 19 is a game, a simulation. Like ay other simulation, the better your team the more you win. Then again we have people with actual skills and then gameplay manipulation. So when you see someone with a MEGA team celebrate after each goal, know that it comes from a place of pure joy. Actually investing money, time and so on, which resulted in a satisfying win. Don't hate, git gud :D

Doubt the cocky kids that make up most of the toxic community have invested their own money, more like the bank of mum/dad

People with a mega team celebrating after each goal aren't doing it out a "place of pure joy", they're doing it to rub it in because they think their sik m8
  • Rookie_Gold1
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    I dont watch celebrations,if i concede i take the phone and chceck insta or something

Winner
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think people over estimate the effect of having a better team. Fairly sure the AI makes some adjustments to keep games on an even keel when there a big difference between teams.
    Can do almost as well rocking with an all NIF team, in rivals at least.
  • JURITO1000
    1670 posts Play-Off Hero
    For me the biggest dissapointment is that even when i skip r1l1 my goal thrn when my opponent scoring he watching his goal and doing stupid celebrations. When your are kind to players they doesnt give it back to you.Im skipping it always when i score first and maybe 1/10 skip it too.I understand that not everybody knows about r1l1 skip so im okay if he skip it after few seconds but they doesnt

Then im enjoying the moment when i start scoring and i watch every single replay,animations,doing stupid celebrations into the camera and just keeping the ball.... i hate it but they deserve it.
  • abbey621
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BILLYT96 wrote: »
    Lol...true sports fan? FIFA 19 is a game, a simulation. Like ay other simulation, the better your team the more you win. Then again we have people with actual skills and then gameplay manipulation. So when you see someone with a MEGA team celebrate after each goal, know that it comes from a place of pure joy. Actually investing money, time and so on, which resulted in a satisfying win. Don't hate, git gud :D

Doubt the cocky kids that make up most of the toxic community have invested their own money, more like the bank of mum/dad

People with a mega team celebrating after each goal aren't doing it out a "place of pure joy", they're doing it to rub it in because they think their sik m8

You'll be surprised how many people ages 20 and above actually plays FIFA 19 and invested over $500.
  • mway
    2009 posts Fans' Favourite
    A toxic game has a toxic community.
  • BILLYT96
    BILLYT96 wrote: »

You'll be surprised how many people ages 20 and above actually plays FIFA 19 and invested over $500.

I doubt even those people are watching replays and celebrating excessively because of "pure joy"

If you feel satisfied with winning with a stacked team that's miles better than your opponents because of the money and time you've invested, and you celebrate like a pr**k because of it, you need to get another hobby