Forgetting to register...

Comments

• ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    March Madness this weekend - plenty of reason not to be tied up playing weekend league. I took an intentional miss on this one.

With my luck it will end up being some randomly good TOTW, but oh well!
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    limjitwe wrote: »
    You’ve enough time. Sorry guys but It’s totally your fault you forgot to enter. Just enjoy the weekend off :D

yeah of course its our fault, but why is it like this? I don't understand what would be the downside of allowing people to register at any time (like in previous game)
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2582 posts Fans' Favourite
    March Madness this weekend - plenty of reason not to be tied up playing weekend league. I took an intentional miss on this one.

Unless you're in the UK and internationals week, so no prem on Saturday. FML
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2241 posts Fans' Favourite
    Clancy wrote: »
    limjitwe wrote: »
    You’ve enough time. Sorry guys but It’s totally your fault you forgot to enter. Just enjoy the weekend off :D

yeah of course its our fault, but why is it like this? I don't understand what would be the downside of allowing people to register at any time (like in previous game)

I think it's something to do with EA knowing how many players will play and the servers.

How many mice can they turn off etc
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4847 posts Big Money Move
    How does it hurt anyone or give any kind of advantage to be able to register after weekend league has started? It’s meaningless. It gives no unfair advantage in any way shape or form.
  • ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero

Out of curiosity, do any other countries really pay attention to March Madness? I'm not the biggest college basketball watcher during the regular season, but I have two tv's going and watch most every game I can once the tournament rolls around.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2582 posts Fans' Favourite

Out of curiosity, do any other countries really pay attention to March Madness? I'm not the biggest college basketball watcher during the regular season, but I have two tv's going and watch most every game I can once the tournament rolls around.

I genuinely had to google it to find out what March Madness was lol. Sounds like the kind of thing I'd watch if I was American, but there's no coverage in the UK at all from what I've seen.
  • ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    @FootyFootyFootball Whoa! Mind blown :) It's massive here...even non-sports people get into it, everyone fills out a bracket and follows along, there's usually an office pool to enter, etc. It generally destroys productivity more than FUT and is a lot of fun. In some ways it's kinda like the league cup where the minnows have a chance to take down the giants - that's the real draw of it for me.
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    @FootyFootyFootball Whoa! Mind blown :) It's massive here...even non-sports people get into it, everyone fills out a bracket and follows along, there's usually an office pool to enter, etc. It generally destroys productivity more than FUT and is a lot of fun. In some ways it's kinda like the league cup where the minnows have a chance to take down the giants - that's the real draw of it for me.

what part of the country are you from? I live in the northeast and don't hear as much about it these days, but when I lived in the mid west literally everyone had a bracket
  • ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Clancy wrote: »

what part of the country are you from? I live in the northeast and don't hear as much about it these days, but when I lived in the mid west literally everyone had a bracket

@Clancy I'm in Ohio...some call it the midwest, but I think Great Lakes State sounds a bit more sophisticated :) With Syracuse and UConn down a bit I can see why you'd hear a little less, although Villanova has been pulling their weight.