424 ....Opinions

Mobehta
178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited March 22
Been using it mostly in offline squad battles on legendary level with this team and so far it has been good but tends to be too open some times after attacking.
My wingers are more involved in the games and same goes for my midfielders as well .
only issue I have with the formation is it leaves my mid really open when i attack and was wondering if maybe there is a way to tweak this
5c3867e6111997dbd91ffde7fb56fe38-full.jpg

Post edited by Mobehta on

Comments

• Cyodine
    1311 posts Professional
    I can't see your teams, but maybe have your CMs stay back when attacking or have one attack and one defend.

Does anyone use this formation in Rivals effectively?
  • Maximus AK47
    1443 posts Play-Off Hero
    Never lost a game to players using this formation .

It’s to offensive and just wide open in the middle ... I usually have 3,4,5 players in the middle (433 or 4411)

So opponent just runs around to get a ball....

Pros:- it’s good for high pressure (4 forwards vs 4 defenders ) . But only if you are good at counter press in final 1/3.

Cons- if you face a good (not top, just good ) player , he easily would pass a ball to the center mid area cutting your 4 players behind

It might work if you have 2 tank CMs , strong , aggressive , fast ( like Gullit/ Viera/ TOTY Kante etc . ) who are forced to stay back ...

Ps: this formation is used by PROs as super attack when they are loosing 1-2 goals. But other than that - it’s not competitive in WL
  • Mobehta

It’s to offensive and just wide open in the middle ... I usually have 3,4,5 players in the middle (433 or 4411)

Pros:- it’s good for high pressure (4 forwards vs 4 defenders ) . But only if you are good at counter press in final 1/3.

Cons- if you face a good (not top, just good ) player , he easily would pass a ball to the center mid area cutting your 4 players behind

It might work if you have 2 tank CMs , strong , aggressive , fast ( like Gullit/ Viera/ TOTY Kante etc . ) who are forced to stay back ...

Ps: this formation is used by PROs as super attack when they are loosing 1-2 goals. But other than that - it’s not competitive in WL

very incisive post...have not used it against online players yet so have no idea what it might be like but you are very right with regards to how open my mid seem to be with this formation
    its ore like a 41212 wide if you have a combative midfielder who can run every where or 2 combative mids who can run everywhere and have an eye for attacks and also good to decent defensive abilities
  • Maximus AK47
    1443 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mobehta wrote: »

very incisive post...have not used it against online players yet so have no idea what it might be like but you are very right with regards to how open my mid seem to be with this formation
    its ore like a 41212 wide if you have a combative midfielder who can run every where or 2 combative mids who can run everywhere and have an eye for attacks and also good to decent defensive abilities

True ! And I hardly remember I lost many games to 41212 wide either .. maybe 2-3 games out of 50-60 ones

It’s up to you but I personally don’t play either of those ...

Ps: when loosing and need to score I switch to 352 or 3412 . All in :)))

Works 7-8 times out of 10 I score 1 or 2 ..
  • Mobehta

True ! And I hardly remember I lost many games to 41212 wide either .. maybe 2-3 games out of 50-60 ones

never tried 3 at the back...might give it a go
  • Tasch
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    I use this formation, and find it enjoyable to use. I use prime Ballack and Futmas Torreira as cm. Torreira at stay back, and get in the box with Ballack. Torreira is a beast, covers a lot of ground. Sure, I get countered sometimes, but hey, downside of playing offensive football.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2608 posts Fans' Favourite
    I use this as my all out attack option and works relatively well. I wouldn't use it for an entire game though, linking defence and attack becomes a problem.
  • Maximus AK47
    1443 posts Play-Off Hero

never tried 3 at the back...might give it a go

Small tip - 3 at back with attacking instructions is very effective VS people using 4312 or similar with only 2 players up front .

You got 3 CBs VS 2 ST ...

Plus tons of space on the wing with your winger mids
  • HDouble
    2293 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is the main formation I've used all year I normally get Gold 2 Weekend league almost Gold 1 and i'm in division 3 on Rivals. What I realised early on is whatever formation you have if opponent is better or EA wants them to win theres nothing you can do. Formation is fun and can leave you open but you instruct CM to stay back which helps a bit. I've beat every formation with this this year full icon teams etc
  • freakjas
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    8/10 people i play against use it to go all in.
    Barely works though, probably cause of the lack of midfielders.
    I lways switch to 3412 when im down in the end of the game.
  • Mobehta
    I also think it depends on how good a player you are and can play almost all formations..if you take the time to find your players and make intelligent decisions,you do have a chance
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cyodine wrote: »
    I can't see your teams, but maybe have your CMs stay back when attacking or have one attack and one defend.

Does anyone use this formation in Rivals effectively?

Yes I always play this formation if u get a early lead they tend to quit its most effective to have 1 cm on high high and the other on low high I have potm geortza and sbc de rossi it's much better than the 4231 which is sooooo boring to play I rather attk n score lots
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    I love coming up against 424 it's always a pretty easy win. Leaves so much space in the middle of the park.
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    I love coming up against 424 it's always a pretty easy win. Leaves so much space in the middle of the park.

Lmao not against me u wouldn't if u know how to use the formation most effectively it's best formation on the game
  • Fifa_Hawk_85

Lmao not against me u wouldn't if u know how to use the formation most effectively it's best formation on the game

It's wide open in midfield. I love playing against it as I get so much space and time on the ball.
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero

It's wide open in midfield. I love playing against it as I get so much space and time on the ball.

Not if ur good at passing its not if u just want to keep lumping the ball in behind will leave to much space but it's perfect for a passing build up game
  • Fifa_Hawk_85

Not if ur good at passing its not if u just want to keep lumping the ball in behind will leave to much space but it's perfect for a passing build up game

Do you use it in WL? And if so how many wins do you usually get?
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero

Do you use it in WL? And if so how many wins do you usually get?

I get more wins using 424 than any other formation on the game yh on WL to and around 20 to 22
  • Mobehta

very good for passing for your mids are very active due to having to compensate for less mids
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero

very good for passing for your mids are very active due to having to compensate for less mids

Your forgetting the 2 wide players come back and support the cm and are always looking at making runs to the cm have got to be beasts u can have a eriksen pogba duo takes a while to get used to it but been using to for 4 months and I get more wins than being defensive entire game
  • Mobehta

Your forgetting the 2 wide players come back and support the cm and are always looking at making runs to the cm have got to be beasts u can have a eriksen pogba duo takes a while to get used to it but been using to for 4 months and I get more wins than being defensive entire game

oh very true,i forgot about that and your wide men actually play like strikers when you attack with them while one of your strikers move back a little for the other one
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero

oh very true,i forgot about that and your wide men actually play like strikers when you attack with them while one of your strikers move back a little for the other one

Yeah and when ur attacking if the player ur against isn't the greatest he can't handle all 4 running against him at once I have ibra Davies as St Figo and brandt potm wide geortza potm de rossi cm cancelo OTW mendy sbc as full back and kompany and Cannavaro as cb it works for me but everyone plays a different way