Weekend League Match Making Question

Phuong
157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited March 2019
Hey guys i usually finish anywhere between 17 to 20 wins every weekend. I was thinking, If i intentionally lost my first 10 games, would the next 20 games be relatively easy? Is that how elo works? The reason i ask this is because i'm just not bothered to play all my games this week and just wanted to get 14 wins as quick as possible. If anyone has any insights into this, it would be very appreciated.

Comments

• madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    Trying to win 20 in a row is dangerous, but I'm generally fine with my first 20 games being peppered with a few def3ats
    Means I don't come up against the people that are just far too good at the game for me
  • Phuong
    I'll try it out anyways, ill lose my first 10 games intentionally. I'll keep this thread up if anyone is interested.
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    No chance for it to work you will loose some games you're not meant to with a silver/bronze guy because he will have a better connection, don't do it
  • Skinner249
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not something I'd suggest doing on a Friday, you could be 0-4 and play a top player that's yet to play a game.

You'd also probably end up wasting more time doing this as well as risking finishing higher. It's almost impossible for a G1 player to win 20 straight games in WL
  • Safk001
    967 posts Professional
    Just play the game and stop trying to manipulate everything. What possible benefit would it be to you besides having a few easy games against people who don’t deserve to have a class player manipulating the system potentially costing them a rank?
  • Phuong
    Safk001 wrote: »
    Just play the game and stop trying to manipulate everything. What possible benefit would it be to you besides having a few easy games against people who don’t deserve to have a class player manipulating the system potentially costing them a rank?

Fair point mate. this could be quite selfish of me at the expense of others.
  • Murphdogz
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    My bets are you will finish same rank
  • Metab0lic
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    The only way I can see this working is if you actually just leave your games till Sunday. That way after the first 5 you will be coming up against similar ELO who have actually played a load more games (and therefore are probably pretty bad).

Does make Sunday a mad rush though
  • Momus
    1836 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you’re quitting those 10 matches it, apparently, won’t affect ELO so you’ll still face the same standard of opponent