Same Icon Card - Performs differently!

DaveSmith89
70 posts Park Captain
I bought and sold a Prime Cruyff twice over the span of 2 weeks or so.

The first one was clinical and the second couldn't hit the side of a barn (same chem style and position).

Has anyone else experienced this issue with any card?

Comments

• chokosc
    2841 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's all in your head
  • Cantona84
    7378 posts League Winner
    You probably got the same Prime Cruyff card I had. Underwhelming and bad all around.
  • DaveSmith89
    70 posts Park Captain
    chokosc wrote: »
    It's all in your head

More likley in Cruyff's head; I play in a very mechanical fashion, so, I can make out if the shooting is sub-par or not.
  • DaveSmith89
    70 posts Park Captain
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    You probably got the same Prime Cruyff card I had. Underwhelming and bad all around.

I had similar issues with some other cards and came to the conclusion that there could be some coding eff up which is causing this. Would be great if we could check this before we buy; it's like spending a few million on a Lambo with a VW engine.
  • Azof
    14781 posts World Class
    All of the cards are the exact same, if you get a fresh prime or one with 1000 games it makes no difference
  • DaveSmith89
    70 posts Park Captain
    edited March 20
    Azof wrote: »
    All of the cards are the exact same, if you get a fresh prime or one with 1000 games it makes no difference

That's what I thought as well; it's just bloody code with pixels on screen... And then I saw Cruyff missing so many easy opportunities inside the box which would go in 10/10 with my previous Cruyff.
  • Scutch
    8893 posts League Winner
    Azof wrote: »

That's what I thought as well; it's just bloody code with pixels on screen... And then I saw Cruyff missing so many easy opportunities inside the box which would go in 10/10 with my previous Cruyff.

I'm having similar issues with my TOTY Mbappe. Last one I had was scoring 2:1 goals per game. This one is far, far worse and falling over his own feet. Nothing has changed in my team or formation. Don't understand it.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    2618 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's all in your head

:joy:
  • iBarçaBoy
    1453 posts Professional
    It's all in your head

• LeonidasJB
    13325 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 20
    It's all in your head

Probably this.
    Could also be;
    Different patches/updates, different connection qualities, creating slightly more 'delay', giving more chance for human error.
    It is NOT that 1 card was good and 1 card was broke.
  • Crossland
    5657 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 20
    It's because you lose all the excitement the second time round because you've already used them,and it's more likely the players haven't got worse we just think they are better than they are first time round because they are brand new to us
  • It's just gameplay. Sometimes the players feel out of form and then 2 games later they are scoring hat tricks. I noticed this a lot more with really high rated players.

When I put Moments Henry in my team for one or two games whatever I do he would miss easy chances, especially against a NIF Gold team with maybe a rebound tap in as my only goal.

The next game he is weaving through players and scoring beautiful hat tricks. I think it's the way the coding of this game is. It is very dynamic.
  • krakos000
    16872 posts World Class
    It's just gameplay. Sometimes the players feel out of form and then 2 games later they are scoring hat tricks. I noticed this a lot more with really high rated players.

When I put Moments Henry in my team for one or two games whatever I do he would miss easy chances, especially against a NIF Gold team with maybe a rebound tap in as my only goal.

The next game he is weaving through players and scoring beautiful hat tricks. I think it's the way the coding of this game is. It is very dynamic.

This. Anyone who says otherwise needs checking
  • DaveSmith89
    70 posts Park Captain
    It's just gameplay. Sometimes the players feel out of form and then 2 games later they are scoring hat tricks. I noticed this a lot more with really high rated players.

I suspect the coding as well...
  • Danic123
    2262 posts Fans' Favourite
    It’s not the cards, it’s the gameplay.

One day your players / tactics / formation all works and it plays like a dream. Next day it’s not working and you’re wondering what’s gone wrong.

Makes it very difficult to accurately gage how well certain things are working for you.

Example, I could get a loan icon and play him when nothing is working, then get a different icon and this is during a period where everything clicks. I would of course believe the first icon to not work for me, whilst believing the second is fantastic. But this wouldn’t necessarily be true..... confusing tbh.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1457 posts Play-Off Hero
    I always think morale is still in the game. Had lineker and he was so poor for 10-12 games. He felt like A bronze or something. Once I got him scoring though he was absolutely unstoppable and became my most clinical striker ever