OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    32136 posts National Team Captain
    Argie8 wrote: »

Oh god. That article is so bad I genuinely had to make sure it wasn't satire
    Low Ki wrote: »

What a load of garbage. This was because a bunch loudmouth alt right 8chan incels were bombarding social media, forums and reddit with wild claims about Brie Larson's 'war on straight white males'. They did this by cherry picking quotes from her out of context and twisting them into 15+ minute youtube rants where they patted themselves on the back in a circle in their comment sections.

Cosmicbooknews is basically a shill machine for some dumb movement called Comicsgate btw. I first encountered it a couple weeks back when their 'journalist' wrote a story claiming Disney was looking at shutting down Marvel's publishing section and then it devolved into a rant how the beginning of the end was a Nova book being cancelled over a decade ago. Avoid that site, it's worse for your health than FIFA.

Just for clarification, I meant “interesting” in the sense that I can’t believe someone actually wrote the article and believed what they were typing. Lmao.

Yeah comicbooknews has gone downhill over the last couple of years. About the only time they are decent is when they are actually quoting other sources
  • Argie8
    5888 posts Big Money Move

Oh god. That article is so bad I genuinely had to make sure it wasn't satire

What a load of garbage. This was because a bunch loudmouth alt right 8chan incels were bombarding social media, forums and reddit with wild claims about Brie Larson's 'war on straight white males'. They did this by cherry picking quotes from her out of context and twisting them into 15+ minute youtube rants where they patted themselves on the back in a circle in their comment sections.

Cosmicbooknews is basically a shill machine for some dumb movement called Comicsgate btw. I first encountered it a couple weeks back when their 'journalist' wrote a story claiming Disney was looking at shutting down Marvel's publishing section and then it devolved into a rant how the beginning of the end was a Nova book being cancelled over a decade ago. Avoid that site, it's worse for your health than FIFA.

Just for clarification, I meant “interesting” in the sense that I can’t believe someone actually wrote the article and believed what they were typing. Lmao.

Yeah comicbooknews has gone downhill over the last couple of years. About the only time they are decent is when they are actually quoting other sources

its a shame because there are a lot of impressionable guys out there who will read it and take it as the 100% truth, when a lot of what has been written is so incredible biased it makes the article worthless. I'm down for some interesting pieces about the Captain Marvel situation but stuff like that ain't helping anyone smh (not blaming you for linking it at all btw). There's so much stuff like that on the internet nowadays :/
  • GL
    7339 posts Big Money Move
    Captain Marvel is the pre patch timed finesse shot
  • XxRichiexRichxX
  • Apollo
    16127 posts World Class
    Finally watched Captain Marvel. I thought it would be good from the trailers I'd seen, but I was a little surprised just how much I enjoyed it. Really good film
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    Finally watched Captain Marvel. I thought it would be good from the trailers I'd seen, but I was a little surprised just how much I enjoyed it. Really good film

Glad to hear!! I enjoyed it a lot too to be honest and I want to see it again already if only to see her go binary again ha
  • Apollo
    16127 posts World Class
    I can only see Endgame two days after it comes out, will be staying away from the internet for two days it seems :sweat_smile:
  • P
    7673 posts League Winner
    Damn this being moved is a hassle. Anyway James gunn back is epic. GOTG is still easily the best MCU film. Inspired so many of the films after it.
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class
    I can only see Endgame two days after it comes out, will be staying away from the internet for two days it seems :sweat_smile:

Same I'll probably have to go the next day:(
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class
    This storyline seems pretty interesting I might give it a read
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Disney And Fox deal nearly finished.
  • Low Ki
    11844 posts Has That Special Something
    hickman-marvel-july.png

Supposed to be X-Men. His Avengers book was the last monthly title I bought....easily a top 5 for me.
  • P
    7673 posts League Winner

Completed last night or this morning. RIP fox. Only 5 big studios now. Disney looking to destroy Netflix.

• P
    7673 posts League Winner
    Spawn has cast Jamie Foxx and Jeremy Renner. Really hope it's good. Can't wait for the watchmen TV show either.
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class
    Waiting for the fantastic 4/x men announcements now...
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    P wrote: »

Completed last night or this morning. RIP fox. Only 5 big studios now. Disney looking to destroy Netflix.

Yep completed this morning
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Supposedly Deadpool is the only Fox character not expected to be rebooted...and rightfully so.
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class
    Supposedly Deadpool is the only Fox character not expected to be rebooted...and rightfully so.

Thank god
  • Apollo
    16127 posts World Class
    I understand why it's completely not feasible and is never going to happen, but it's a shame that Hugh Jackman isn't continuing his role as Wolverine. For me he is the one I associate with it, and I can't see any other actor overtaking that. Like I say I get why he won't be continuing, it's just a shame.
  • P
    7673 posts League Winner
    I understand why it's completely not feasible and is never going to happen, but it's a shame that Hugh Jackman isn't continuing his role as Wolverine. For me he is the one I associate with it, and I can't see any other actor overtaking that. Like I say I get why he won't be continuing, it's just a shame.

I think we will see him cameo at some point, in a deadpool movie or in a multiverse story line. Not the same thing obviously but he's had a good run. Would love to see Tom Hardy take it on.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I’d love to see Tom Hardy or Anthony Starr take over Wolverine
  • Low Ki
    11844 posts Has That Special Something
    Marvel Netflix props are being auctioned off.

https://propstore.com/marvel-television-live-auction-preview-gallery/
  • Argie8

oh god. theyre not coming back are they? :'(
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Not unless Netflix/Disney execs (whoever’s actually at fault) changes their mind.

Also, guarantee they’ve got several copies of their props.
  • xHerdie
    4114 posts National Call-Up
    No one has talked about flash/arrow in a while but anyone else notice that both shows mentioned Spider-Man this week? Lol

• Argie8

Not unless Netflix/Disney execs (whoever’s actually at fault) changes their mind.

Also, guarantee they’ve got several copies of their props.

i'm so confused why this has happened. Assumed it was a PR thing and theyd be back but it aint looking likely :/
  • P
    7673 posts League Winner
    I think it happened because Disney is looking to crush netflix.
  • Shshj
    4268 posts National Call-Up
    Finally saw Captain Marvel last night. I haven't got anything to add on top of what people have already said, the reviews and scores are justified.

I really didn't want to have to say this given the controversy around her but my biggest problem with the film is Brie Larson. The rest of the cast was good but she was just so wooden and dull. There were a few comedic and personal moments that just didn't land with me in the way the other characters do.

That mid-credits scene was great though. Roll on Endgame, not long left now!