EA Access could reportedly be on the way to PlayStation 4

Vichy360
84 posts Park Captain
https://altchar.com/games-news/rumours/591391/ea-access-could-be-on-its-way-to-playstation-4

EA Access could reportedly be on the way to PlayStation 4

EA Access could soon be coming to PlayStation 4, according to a screenshot of the Brazilian PlayStation store. If the rumour turns out to be true, Sony's PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus would be joined by a third subscription service.

EA Access is a paid subscription service that allows users to download and play select EA titles for a price of $4.99/£3.99/€3.99 a month, or $29.99/£19.99/€24.99 if you decide to get the yearly subscription.

The list of games included in the service consists of almost every sports title by EA: NBA Live, NHL, Madden, UFC and FIFA. Other major titles from different genres are also up for grabs, with the likes of Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II, Need for Speed Payback, Titanfall 2 and many others.

Back in 2014, when the service first launched on Xbox One, a Sony representative stated that PlayStation is not interested in what EA Access has to offer, describing the service as low value for its subscription price. The same source gave a statement to Game Informer, saying "We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect."

Bringing its service to PC as well in 2016, called Origin Access, EA was recently quoted saying that they are planning on offering a subscription service on another major platform.

With Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 being the only two "major platforms" without EA Access at the moment, a recent post on Reddit leads us to believe that it is indeed Sony who may have had a change of heart regarding the addition of EA's enticing service.

Namely, a Reddit user named Sabazin uploaded a screenshot of the Brazilian PlayStation Store that shows the EA Access icon above a text that reads "Now available" in Portuguese.

The user went on to explain in the comments section of his post that the screenshot was not taken by him, and that he only received it in a local PS4 chat group, so he could not confirm that the photo is indeed legitimate nor could he give any more details as to where pressing on the EA icon would take you. Being only a rumour thus far, we suggest taking it with a grain of salt, as per usual.

RedditScreenshot of the Brazilian PSN Store with EA Access card.The screenshot does look pretty convincing.

Nevertheless, taking into consideration EA's earlier statements about the expansion of their service to another major platform and the alleged screenshot, it certainly seems as though things are pointing to Sony finally reaching an agreement with EA and allowing the service to be added to their flagship console.

Comments

• Grown93
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    In the beginning of the gen, sony talks trash about it. now since got some success on xbox, yea lets take it to :D
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    Grown93 wrote: »
    In the beginning of the gen, sony talks trash about it. now since got some success on xbox, yea lets take it to :D

Sony: Our users don't want to pay for that crap, it's not even close to worth the $

FIFA players: EA wants more cash? Hold my beer!
  • BGAlum
    870 posts Semi-Pro
    EA is a joke... why would people pay a subscription for titles that require or expect even more cash in the game to be spent? The goal is to get you coming and going. Generate a regular revenue stream through the service while still trying to fleece people with in game purchases as well.
  • Smithy78
    85 posts Park Captain
    Is this in anticipation of FIFA points removal, so fut becomes monthly subscription with packs included ,just a idea with my tinfoil hat on.
  • Mako_Sulu
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wait so if I paid £19.99 for my years subscription I could play FIFA for free? Rather than the 50 odd quid it costs...

Seems a no brainer or are there other costs involved?
  • MadScorpion12
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Depending on what games you play this could be a good deal. In my home FIFA and NBA Live is all that we've been playing for some time. So a yearly subscription providing those titles are included would mean massive savings for me.
  • A_Snipe
    1863 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pretty sure it takes 6 months or even a year for the titles to come out. So fifa 19 would have just been launched on it now but not 100 percent sure
  • MadScorpion12
    A_Snipe wrote: »
    Pretty sure it takes 6 months or even a year for the titles to come out. So fifa 19 would have just been launched on it now but not 100 percent sure

If so then that wouldn't make sense for lots of people except those wanting to play older titles
  • Xx_iou_cheesecake_xX
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mako_Sulu wrote: »
    Wait so if I paid £19.99 for my years subscription I could play FIFA for free? Rather than the 50 odd quid it costs...

Nah you need the premium one for instant access, I think it costs about 100 a year
  • Djkhalid1921
    9273 posts League Winner
    Depending on what games you play this could be a good deal. In my home FIFA and NBA Live is all that we've been playing for some time. So a yearly subscription providing those titles are included would mean massive savings for me.

I thought NBA Live died like 10 years ago :lol:
  • MadScorpion12

I thought NBA Live died like 10 years ago :lol:

Came back about 3/4 seasons ago. When it first came back it was blah but its good competition for 2K now
  • A_Snipe
    1863 posts Play-Off Hero
    A_Snipe wrote: »

If so then that wouldn't make sense for lots of people except those wanting to play older titles

I looked up the titles on Xbox access right now and fifa 18 and lower were on it but newest games were madden 19 and I think nba 19. Could have been looking at the wrong thing but I don’t recall it being that great of a deal when I looked into it when I had my Xbox
  • daydreamer45
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    Smithy78 wrote: »
    Is this in anticipation of FIFA points removal, so fut becomes monthly subscription with packs included ,just a idea with my tinfoil hat on.

nah, fifa point still available in PC and XBOX although they have EA access.
  • BaccaTheNet
    896 posts Professional

New fifa on comes out on ea access at about January
  • Mako_Sulu
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect

New fifa on comes out on ea access at about January

Ah ok, won't be signing up for that then.