Del Piero
Gerrard
Inzaghi

Let’s get this fixed @EA_Andy :)
Post edited by MaddMike3711 on

Comments

• Navraat
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    lol, they still havent even changed del piero to buzzcut since last fifa, give up
  • MaddMike3711
    10185 posts Has That Special Something
    Navraat wrote: »
    lol, they still havent even changed del piero to buzzcut since last fifa, give up
    Imo commentary is more important than hair. Having the match just be silent apart from crowd noise is really irritating. :D
  • hjdjydyufu
    6216 posts Big Money Move
    It's true. It is kind of annoying.
  • MaddMike3711
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    It's true. It is kind of annoying.
    Agreed, not quite sure if it’s just a glitch with these cards, or if there really isn’t any commentary.

It’s hard to believe that Martin Tyler would do a Nakata commentary line, yet can’t even say the name of one of the all time PL greats (saying that as a diehard Chelsea fan).
  • MaddMike3711
    edited March 20
    Yeah it’s 100% a glitch with certain Moments cards. I just played against 89 Sócrates and Martin Tyler said “Here’s Sócrates” about 40 times...

@EA_Andy :neutral:

Edit: Btw, both of those are SBC cards (Sócrates and Bergkamp), it could just be something to do with that if you investigate it.
  • LeonidasJB
    14493 posts Has That Special Something
    My SBC PIM Seedorf has commentary.
    So it may just be those 2 you have.
  • DaveSmith89
    70 posts Park Captain
    Anyone else turn the commentary and music off? I hate the fake repetitive stuff.
  • EA_Andy
    2599 posts EA Community Manager
    @MaddMike3711 - Thanks for the info, will get this over to our QA teams.
  • Manutelli
    17774 posts World Class
    Well when my Blanc is on the ball the commentary is about Bobby Moore :joy:
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25974 posts Player of the Year
    Seedorf does, but it’s limited.
  • WFCBagnall
    67182 posts Moderator
    Seedorf does, but it’s limited.

Abit like his hair
  • DarthGrowler
    14052 posts Has That Special Something
    I never noticed until now but I have literally not heard the commentator say Matthaus since I got him lol
  • LeonidasJB
    14493 posts Has That Special Something
    I never noticed until now but I have literally not heard the commentator say Matthaus since I got him lol

When I had his Loan PIM, it was fine. It said it regularly.
  • MaddMike3711
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Thank you! :)
  • Tof33z
    5153 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 20
    Wait, EA have a QA team?

I'm guessing it stands for quallity asurrance

• MaddMike3711
    @DarthGrowler Yeah at first I didn’t think too much of it, but as time went on it really started to annoy me, I knew something wasn’t quite right. :D
  • RebelRob
    4444 posts National Call-Up
    EA_Andy wrote: »

I’d advise you get them to look at the whole game tbh
  • GoonerJoe88
    907 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 20
    Now that I come to think of it I haven't heard Arrrryyyyyy when my Moments Henry scores a banger. His old Prime and also Bergkamp's Prime used to have a lot of commentary.

Actually I'm not too sure, but I'll check later.
  • MaddMike3711
    Now that I come to think of it I haven't heard Arrrryyyyyy when my Moments Henry scores a banger. His old Prime and also Bergkamp's Prime used to have a lot of commentary.
    Yeah, it seems to be pretty widespread. The only Moments card that has commentary for me is Cannavaro, like I mentioned. It has to be something in the coding of the cards or something.
  • Sixtech
    2195 posts Fans' Favourite
    You managed to make the community manager respond and you ask for commentary instead of icon SBCs?
  • Keano
    10642 posts Has That Special Something
    Sixtech wrote: »
    You managed to make the community manager respond and you ask for commentary instead of icon SBCs?

There's a whole Sbc thread where people are on about that, he must've missed it... again... and again... and again :trollface:
  • MaddMike3711
    Well better it’s fixed now before the big ones are released. Imagine dropping 5 million on a Ronaldo SBC and there’s no commentary? How dumb would that be? :D
  • Sixtech wrote: »

Well it does seem like the subject is more their job to pass bugs similar to the one described by the OP rather than asking for information they wouldn't release not even to the community manager.
  • Tof33z
    5153 posts Big Money Move
    People still have the commentary on?
  • Diggy
    12926 posts Has That Special Something
    Tof33z wrote: »
    People still have the commentary on?

I missed “SOL CAMPBELL”
  • Sixtech
    2195 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well better it’s fixed now before the big ones are released. Imagine dropping 5 million on a Ronaldo SBC and there’s no commentary? How dumb would that be? :D

I dont really rate commentary that much. Fifa is one of the few games where you can listen to music while you play without influencing the gameplay. I probably would not even notice that if i had a prime moment icon.

You are right about this, it needs to be fixed but you probably just postponed icon releases a few weeks with your request.
  • MaddMike3711
    edited March 20

I dont really rate commentary that much. Fifa is one of the few games where you can listen to music while you play without influencing the gameplay. I probably would not even notice that if i had a prime moment icon.

You are right about this, it needs to be fixed but you probably just postponed icon releases a few weeks with your request.
    I did this for the community, don’t make me out to be the bad guy. :trollface:

• tauras
    3547 posts National Call-Up
    Desailly and seedorf is grand.
  • MaddMike3711
    edited March 20
    tauras wrote: »
    Desailly and seedorf is grand.
    So those two have ig commentary then?

So far we have :
    Sócrates, Bergkamp, Matthaus, and possibly Henry without it.

Cannavaro, Desailly, and Seedorf with it.
    Really strange. :D