Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• Jdreew
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah curious about Bergkamp's dribbling. How does he turn?
  • limjitwe
    6798 posts Big Money Move
    Nivaze wrote: »
    limjitwe wrote: »
    I’ve used PIM Bergkamp, his shooting and passing is excellent. You prob won’t regret doing him for that price. I used him for 20 games before selling him. He scored more than Prime Cruyff and POTM Aguero for me.

Why did you end up selling him tho? How was his dribbling? Only thing holding me back is his height and balance altho with an engine all his dribbling stats go to 99.

Well I sold him for just 2 reasons.

1) I realised I’ve enough for Prime Cruyff by selling some stuff and I really wanted to try him.

2) Just from an economical stand point, he doesn’t seem to be too popular and I think he wouldn’t hold his 1.7+ value.

His balance and ball control are just fine. I used engine as him as well. His height is decent but his jumping isn’t 99, so it was strange playing him and Aguero for me as normally I’ll prefer at least 1 striker who can win 90% of the aerial duels as an extra outlet against high pressure

But his shooting is the stand out for him imo.

• Nivaze
    2457 posts Fans' Favourite
    Any idea how much his SBC costs? I have the IFs covered with untradeables already, and also the 83/84 SBCs are covered.

I also have FB Casillias and Salah to throw in.
  • Nivaze
    4 games in and I’m underwhelmed tbh, obviously he has a crazy good shot but I feel like he doesn’t have as much impact as I wanted him to have. He kinda seems to go missing in the game most of the times.

Griezmann also seems to forgot how to score, missed a few chances he would put in the back of the net before.
  • Jdreew
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Notice that he comes back deep for the ball often. He's smooth on the ball and passes pretty accurately.
  • Seandimes
    1892 posts Play-Off Hero
    4 games in and I’m underwhelmed tbh, obviously he has a crazy good shot but I feel like he doesn’t have as much impact as I wanted him to have. He kinda seems to go missing in the game most of the times.

Griezmann also seems to forgot how to score, missed a few chances he would put in the back of the net before.

Played any more games with him? Still wondering what sbc I want to do, and heard very mixed reviews on Bergkamp so far.

Also just saw that 88 Petit is only 650k, thats insane value for the card
  • Nivaze
    Seandimes wrote: »

Played any more games with him? Still wondering what sbc I want to do, and heard very mixed reviews on Bergkamp so far.

Also just saw that 88 Petit is only 650k, thats insane value for the card

Yeah, I played 7 rival games with him and I think he scored 3 games and got 3 assists which is alright considering there’s like 4 goalscorers in the formation but he’s just not it for me.

Might be down to me personally tho, I prefer small agile players so I guess I don’t get the most out of him, I subbed him out twice for NIF Mertens who had a bigger impact for me than Bergkamp did.

I also noticed Petit went down to 650k too, which makes me want to give him another try, I could pair him up with RTTF Kondogbia as Pogba is annoying me the past few games but then I’ll have 2 left footed midfielders.
  • Seandimes
    1892 posts Play-Off Hero
    That Kondogbia card for 400k is a must buy in my opinion. Compared his stats with PIM Petit, and he is not far behind and even better in some aspects - taller, 2*4* vs 3*3*, better dribbling and physical stats, and only slightly worse in the other aspects
  • Nivaze
    If he gets one more upgrade he will have better stats than PM Petit besides shooting, and that for not even 1/4 of the price.

His NIF was such a beast for me, and scored quite a few bangers for me. If I could get an icon striker I could play Kondogbia with Pogba in the midfield, that would be nice!
  • Nivaze
    Finished the 10 loan games and the conclusion is PM Bergkamp is not worth it for me. Too bad as on paper he seems good value for money.

Ended up with 5 assists and 6 goals, not bad but if I compare it to Griezmann who has 23 assists and 34 goals in 20 games it’s kinda dissapointing.
  • Seandimes
    1892 posts Play-Off Hero
    That doesnt sound too good. Gonna try the loan tomorrow
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    That doesnt sound too good. Gonna try the loan tomorrow

PIM DB is incredible for me.
  • Nivaze
    It’s kinda dissapointing PM DB didn’t work out, my friend thinks he’s amazing and already did his SBC. After playing a game against him he scored a hattrick with DB...

Eversince I started doing first time shots I realized how annoying a 3* WF can be. I’d love a strike force with 5* WF on both, would love to have PM ADP and WBY up top together. I could do ADP and play Neymar on 7 chem and then play ADP striker.

• Kaptentegel
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Currently have sif belotti as striker partner to CR7. Are there any better options in serie A?
  • Nivaze
    Currently have sif belotti as striker partner to CR7. Are there any better options in serie A?

Carniball Mertens or Gomez, if you can’t afford these try IF Mertens, he’s cheap and really good!
  • Nivaze
    Just did the loan ADP and got WBY back and wow what a strikeforce, won me 3 games in a row to get back in D2! ADP got 5 goals and 7 assists!
  • strings79
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    any improvements for 100k xbox ?

2yv59qf.jpg
  • diavolo
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just did the loan ADP and got WBY back and wow what a strikeforce, won me 3 games in a row to get back in D2! ADP got 5 goals and 7 assists!

Can you show your team? How is adp for you?
  • Nivaze
    diavolo wrote: »

Can you show your team? How is adp for you?

I currently play with untradeables so I don’t really have a team as I sold up but currently playing:

WBY - ADP
    Neymar - Matuidi - Pogba - Mbappe
    Marcelo - Gimenez - Varane - Lala
    Courtois

Sold up half my team besides Neymar as he’s first owner and Pogba/Mbappe are tradeable but I’d like to keep them.

ADP is simply amazing at striker, I sub his loan in so he’s only on 5 chem also but he currently got 6 goals and 8 assists in 3 games in D3 and 1 game in D2.
  • ASX
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mostly running a new tactic with drop back and more players in the box, think I already posted it a couple pages ago:

Drop back 6 width 5 depth
    longball 5 width 7 players in box

This is working great for me right now.

I'm using these tactics from the start of the game now, create a lot of chances against most opponents and if it doesn't quite click then I revert back to the default tactics you provided and they normally work.

I've been struggling in division 5 for ages, even though I have a good team, never been the best player but using 442(2) for about a month now and understanding where players will be and what they can and can't do has really helped. In the last week or so gone from 1150 SP to 1480 SP and only lost 2-3 games in the last 10 or so.

Cruyff is simply amazing in ST with False 9, scores every game, 1 or 2 or 3 goals. Pogba and Petit are beasts in midfield and I'm finding my way with ADP now with free role on the LM he contributes a lot.

One thing I'm surprised with is how good Kurzawa CL SBC card is. With Anchor chem he's fast, strong, great passing and tackling and scores plenty of goals from corners too.
  • wHaTyOuLoOkiN
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ASX wrote: »
    Mostly running a new tactic with drop back and more players in the box, think I already posted it a couple pages ago:

I'm using these tactics from the start of the game now, create a lot of chances against most opponents and if it doesn't quite click then I revert back to the default tactics you provided and they normally work.

I've been struggling in division 5 for ages, even though I have a good team, never been the best player but using 442(2) for about a month now and understanding where players will be and what they can and can't do has really helped. In the last week or so gone from 1150 SP to 1480 SP and only lost 2-3 games in the last 10 or so.

Cruyff is simply amazing in ST with False 9, scores every game, 1 or 2 or 3 goals. Pogba and Petit are beasts in midfield and I'm finding my way with ADP now with free role on the LM he contributes a lot.

One thing I'm surprised with is how good Kurzawa CL SBC card is. With Anchor chem he's fast, strong, great passing and tackling and scores plenty of goals from corners too.

Team please? @ASX
  • ASX
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero

Team please? @ASX

EKm4NoY.jpg

Should be in a higher division than div5 but spent months switching players and formations which led to inconsistent results.

Expecting to be in div4 this week and see how it goes from there.
  • wHaTyOuLoOkiN
    Great team. Good luck for Div4. You will get it!
  • ASX
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero

Cheers :)

I'm thinking about changing keepers but Van Der Sar is perfect for 10 chem on Van Dijk.

I can get TOTY De Gea and VVD will be on 8 chem, his speed boost from Shadow won't be as much but his defensive stats will still be maxed out pretty much. Will see how much De Gea drops the next few days, currently 800k
  • Nivaze

Team please? @ASX

EKm4NoY.jpg

Should be in a higher division than div5 but spent months switching players and formations which led to inconsistent results.

ADP is amazing right? You should try him as striker, he’s like WBY on steroids!

I also regret not doing Kurzawa as his 84 card was pretty damn good and he gives a strong link to Neymar!
  • ASX
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero

Team please? @ASX

EKm4NoY.jpg

ADP is amazing right? You should try him as striker, he’s like WBY on steroids!

I also regret not doing Kurzawa as his 84 card was pretty damn good and he gives a strong link to Neymar!

Yeah he's great and still getting used to him since I put him on free role.

He seems to appear out of nowhere and score goals and nice link up with Cruyff and CDMs when in the last third of the pitch. His dribbling is excellent too. He's very similar to prime Nedved but the shooting is noticeably better and his dribbling seems better too, theres quite big difference (14 points) between Composure stat between the two and I think thats making a difference.
  • wHaTyOuLoOkiN

I'm thinking about changing keepers but Van Der Sar is perfect for 10 chem on Van Dijk.

I can get TOTY De Gea and VVD will be on 8 chem, his speed boost from Shadow won't be as much but his defensive stats will still be maxed out pretty much. Will see how much De Gea drops the next few days, currently 800k

@ASX which tactics and player instructions do you now use exactly please?
  • ASX
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero

@ASX which tactics and player instructions do you now use exactly please?

I use both of the below, depending on if I'm creating enough chances I switch between them, these are Seandimes tactics:

Defensive style: balanced
    Width: 4
    Depth: 4

Offensive style: long ball
    Width: 6
    Players in box: 5

Or

Defensive style: drop back
    Width: 6
    Depth: 5

Offensive style: long ball
    Width: 5
    Players in box: 7

Player instructions the same for both:

Fullbacks - Default
    CDMS - Stay back while attacking
    Wingers - Get in the box for crosses - LM (Del Peiro) is also set as free role
    Striker 1 - Default
    Striker 2 - False 9

The players are chosen based on the ideal work rates from the first page of this guide.
  • wHaTyOuLoOkiN
    :) Thanks.
  • ASX
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero
    :) Thanks.

Forgot to add that I only use false 9 on one striker because his work rates are H/L. Ideally should be H/H but setting false 9 makes him drop back and link up the midfield.