Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• Seandimes
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    What do you think of quaresma on 8 chem as rm to replace cuadrado in my serie a squad? link with cancelo and ronaldo. Perisic as lm and fb de Rossi and rttf hamsik cdms. Quaresmas if looks lika a nasty card with h/l 4wf 5skill and 96 crossing😀 Other striker is currently sif belotti.

He looks great, but 68 stamina is a big con. Dont think he is playable outside of a supersub.
    WZRD7 wrote: »
    Would Nedved work well as a CDM? paired with someone taller?

Dont think he is really suited to that position
  • diavolo
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 18
    anyone tried Baggio this year? As Striker or on the wings?
  • Saiber_Summia
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 18
    Seandimes wrote: »
    4222 vs 41212 large

How would you compare the two formations?

I play the 41212 and the reason is that I find it a bit more balanced as the CAM can grant me a bit more shots/goals, as the LM/RM have in general pretty low gpg statistics (except Mbappè TOTY 🙄), and in my teams usually even lower than for the rest of the people...

in 4222 and 442(2) you mostly attack through the wings, since you dont have a cam like in the 41212. Both are a lot more solid in defense due to the 2 cdms. The 41212 wide is pretty tricky to defend with, since you only have the one cdm, and almost no midfielders to help him

I see...maybe I could change Eusebio CAM with KDB that has H/H workrates...
    This would give a bit more support to the cdm (nif kante)
  • ASX
    1639 posts Play-Off Hero
    ASX wrote: »
    diavolo wrote: »
    yeah, maybe i try this. But the next question is, is Rabiot good enough to replace De Bruyne? I like his normal card but is he good enough for the big battles in WL with all the icon coming up... not sure.

btw. just saw https://www.futbin.com/19/player/19471/Marçal/ with Shadow looks pretty good.

I m not a fan of Rabiot, but he seems to work for a lot of people. If you want to keep KdB, one of the Sane versions would also be a good option.

Added the new custom tactics to the guide, and will slowly be uploading gameplay videos vs different formations and opponents to the guide.
    Since 10 minutes of only gameplay might be a bit dull to watch, I was thinking of commentating over the matches. That would allow me to go into much greater detail about how I intend the formation to play than its possible in written form. Would you guys be interested in smth like that?

Anyways, first video I added to the guide:

VS a 433-4/4231 opponent. Felt I played quite well in the game, and held the opponent to 1 shot on target. Although I felt myself tilting a bit middle of the match due to some of the chances i missed :D

Nice.

What camera settings do you have?

Tele Broadcast 20 height 0 zoom.

@EnzoGambaro I wouldnt sweat it too much, we all know how frustrating games get when the gameplay is bad. I m contemplating quitting WL alltogether, since I enjoy DR much more, and the WL rewards just dont seem worth it unless you finish elite and higher.

What I was wondering lately: How do you approach games where you are 2-0 up against counter-attacking opponents, and theres still plenty of time to play?
    I used to try and see these games out with keeping possession and attacking very carefully. But we all know how it goes, opponent scores one lucky goal, and we are in trouble.
    Lately I just keep on playing as before and go for a third goal, and that seems to work much better. Downside is that it plays right into their gameplan of just sitting back and hitting you on the counter

Cheers.

Same settings as me but looked different on your video for some reason.
  • Seandimes
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 18
    4222 vs 41212 large

I play the 41212 and the reason is that I find it a bit more balanced as the CAM can grant me a bit more shots/goals, as the LM/RM have in general pretty low gpg statistics (except Mbappè TOTY 🙄), and in my teams usually even lower than for the rest of the people...

in 4222 and 442(2) you mostly attack through the wings, since you dont have a cam like in the 41212. Both are a lot more solid in defense due to the 2 cdms. The 41212 wide is pretty tricky to defend with, since you only have the one cdm, and almost no midfielders to help him

Dont think that would help much. Best way to make the formation more solid in defense is to have the wingers on come back on defense, and play with narrow width on defense.
    Problem with the wide 41212 (compared to 4222 or 442) is that you sacrifice a lot in defense, without gaining much on offense. The 2 striker + cam triangle is nice to have, but with everyone playing drop back or at least very defensive, having an extra man in the box doesnt get you much of an advantage.

@ASX its because of the stadium. In some it looks different, because the camera is zoomed out really far
  • ASX
    1639 posts Play-Off Hero
    4222 vs 41212 large

Dont think that would help much. Best way to make the formation more solid in defense is to have the wingers on come back on defense, and play with narrow width on defense.
    Problem with the wide 41212 (compared to 4222 or 442) is that you sacrifice a lot in defense, without gaining much on offense. The 2 striker + cam triangle is nice to have, but with everyone playing drop back or at least very defensive, having an extra man in the box doesnt get you much of an advantage.

@ASX its because of the stadium. In some it looks different, because the camera is zoomed out really far

Ah, is that your stadium?
  • Saiber_Summia
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Sean

Good tip...
    I will try the setting you suggest (wings back in defense and reducing width of the 4 in the back)
    To be honest, I see what you say, but before selling my Eusebio and go straight on 4222 I would look for a trade off.
    I’m hesitating to sell such expensive card with a loss of 300k after couple of weeks I bought it...
    Thanks!
  • Seandimes
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    REALLY tempted to throw Butragueno into the Bergkamp sbc. He looks perfekt for the formation
  • ASX
    1639 posts Play-Off Hero
    REALLY tempted to throw Butragueno into the Bergkamp sbc. He looks perfekt for the formation

Tempted too but would need to sacrifice Cryuff :/
  • wHaTyOuLoOkiN
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 19
    Here also. Try the loan now.
  • ASX
    1639 posts Play-Off Hero
    You guys think Cruyff (False 9) and Bergkamp (ST) could work? Currently using Cruyff/Raul
  • limjitwe
    6779 posts Big Money Move
    You guys think Cruyff (False 9) and Bergkamp (ST) could work? Currently using Cruyff/Raul

Nah. Don’t think Bergkamp is a good lone striker. Raul overall is better but Bergkamp shooting is insane.
  • ASX
    1639 posts Play-Off Hero
    limjitwe wrote: »

Nah. Don’t think Bergkamp is a good lone striker. Raul overall is better but Bergkamp shooting is insane.

Cheers, thought so.

Will try out Bergkamp's loan card and swap with Cruyff for a bit and see how they compare.
  • GoonerJoe88
    939 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 19
    Griz has formed a great strike partnership with PIM Henry. My attack feels very fluid and his H/H workrates mixed with the false nine instruction is working great.

currentteam314.jpg
    Post edited by GoonerJoe88 on
  • nextqprmanager
    3324 posts National Call-Up

sacrilege
  • diavolo
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 19
    What do you think, are Flashback de rossi and petit too defensiv?
  • ASX
    1639 posts Play-Off Hero
    diavolo wrote: »
    What do you think, are Flashback de rossi and petit too defensiv?

I'm not getting on with FB De Rossi so far, too defensive it seems for 442(2). Petit and Pogba get up the field but De Rossi not so much.

Maybe can change it by taking De Rossi of Stay Back, either default or stay forward will help. Will test it tonight.
  • Jdreew
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lads! Should I throw Crespo into Bergkamp? Been waiting for the day to find a reason to replace him haha.
  • Nivaze
    2403 posts Fans' Favourite
    Griz has formed a great strike partnership with PIM Henry. My attack feels very fluid and his H/H workrates mixed with the false nine instruction is working great.

currentteam314.jpg

I can’t say this enough but Griezmann is amazing, especially for the price you pay! His WF can sometimes be annoying but he still bangs in goals with his right every now and then.
  • Nivaze

Wouldn’t that be a waste as you paid alot for Butra? Bergkamp looks amazing indeed, but maybe you can complete him in a week or 2 with some decent rewards and FUT Birthday around the corner.
  • Seandimes
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nivaze wrote: »

Wouldn’t that be a waste as you paid alot for Butra? Bergkamp looks amazing indeed, but maybe you can complete him in a week or 2 with some decent rewards and FUT Birthday around the corner.

yea was a bit too overexcited yesterday :D . Would indeed be a waste since he only saves me ~350k, probably better to just trade for that for a couple days. And both of them together up front would be ideal.
  • Nivaze
    Nivaze wrote: »

yea was a bit too overexcited yesterday :D . Would indeed be a waste since he only saves me ~350k, probably better to just trade for that for a couple days. And both of them together up front would be ideal.

I’m tempted to do him too, as he’s dutch and an Arsenal legend and with the new updates and stats he seems like an amazing striker, with an engine chemstyle his pace, shooting, passing and dribbling all goes to 90+!
  • Seandimes
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 19
    The SBC is definitely really good value for money. Doing the loan sbc now to see how I like him, and if he s as good as I hope, going to take untradeables from now on and work towards the sbc. Got ~400k right now, untradeables save me about 200k, so probably just need another 500k in coins and untradeables to do him.

Im pretty sure TOTS will be very expensive this year, so it seems like a good investment to me
  • Nivaze
    Will also try the loan out later today, if I like him I’ll do him right away as I have 1.3m in the bank + a few 83, 84 and 85s. Would solve all my chem issues and give me the perfect striker.
  • Jdreew
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Prime Crespo vs PIM Bergkamp? Would he be a good partner to Ben Yedder?
  • Seandimes
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nice, give me some feedback on how he plays for you! Originally wanted to do Socrates, but thats a pretty steep price jump for basically just a 5*WF
  • Seandimes
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jdreew wrote: »
    Prime Crespo vs PIM Bergkamp? Would he be a good partner to Ben Yedder?

I think that comes down to how you use your striker.If you utilize crossing a lot, Crespo is definitely the better choice. Apart from that, Bergkamp is clearly the better card

• Nivaze
    edited March 19
    Ive played with Socrates in draft and honestly couldn’t get along with him. Guess taller players with low balance just don’t work for me just like FB Ibra and CR7.

I’m also tempted to do PM ADP, loved his card in draft at striker, he basically won me the draft, such a great card!
  • limjitwe
    6779 posts Big Money Move
    I’ve used PIM Bergkamp, his shooting and passing is excellent. You prob won’t regret doing him for that price. I used him for 20 games before selling him. He scored more than Prime Cruyff and POTM Aguero for me.
  • Nivaze
    limjitwe wrote: »
    I’ve used PIM Bergkamp, his shooting and passing is excellent. You prob won’t regret doing him for that price. I used him for 20 games before selling him. He scored more than Prime Cruyff and POTM Aguero for me.

Why did you end up selling him tho? How was his dribbling? Only thing holding me back is his height and balance altho with an engine all his dribbling stats go to 99.