EA messes up another ICON SBC.... UPDATE 2 for 1 ICONS!!!

Comments

• Elvisreus
    229 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hamzy_LFC wrote: »
    Be very suprised if anybody did. Surly EA have the numbers and becasue it’s so little as it was only out for 10mins they offered to give the other icon for free.

Wasn't it up for around 45mins?
    Some people should have managed to finish it.
    But I do agree with your view.
    EA is not going to give another icon for free if the sbc was up for longer.
  • CharlieC
    7418 posts League Winner
    What a joke company
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6614 posts Big Money Move
    Great for anyone that completed it
  • Momus
    1835 posts Play-Off Hero
    Browsing though here, reddit and twitter, I haven’t seen a single person who completed it before it was taken down
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hold up....

So first people complained that they were giving out the wrong icon...

Now same people complain because those that took the blunder are getting the right one as well?

Is it because the complainers refused to do it and now feel “scammed” because they missed an opportunity?
  • TheKillers246
    1213 posts Professional
    FML I was going to do it had all players in my club.
  • Str8hii
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    Momus wrote: »
    Browsing though here, reddit and twitter, I haven’t seen a single person who completed it before it was taken down

People claim they completed it but no proof but im sure very few completed whole thing probably less than 100 ppl
  • Grezzerk
    1697 posts Play-Off Hero
    This community really is something else... they released the wrong sbc which is bad of them but if you managed to complete it you get 2 icons back for the price of 1 making it an absolute bargain. If you didn’t complete it your getting all your players back and get to keep the packs you got....
    So why on earth are people complaining!?!?!? They made a mistake and over compensated for it massively yet people still complain!? I’m happy for those who managed to partially complete it/ fully complete it because they’ve managed to grab them selfs a rare few free packs or maybe even 2 for 1 icons (although the number who completed it would be small) everyone loves to complain when over people are fortunate.
    I’m praying they mess up the cryuff sbc the same as this one so when I’ve submitted most teams I get to keep the packs and then do it again. Or even a free icon would be lovely.
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looking forward to 11 bronze Germans an 11 silver Germans returning safely to my squad. Mission complete
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rich get richer
  • Zzizou_10
    5148 posts Big Money Move
    Imagine the Patrick Cruijff SBC with buy one get one free :D
  • Mrhey31
    2354 posts Fans' Favourite
    WoW... doesn’t that strike you as unfair? So if i was quicker i would get 2 icon Moments
    Grezzerk wrote: »
    This community really is something else... they released the wrong sbc which is bad of them but if you managed to complete it you get 2 icons back for the price of 1 making it an absolute bargain. If you didn’t complete it your getting all your players back and get to keep the packs you got....
    So why on earth are people complaining!?!?!? They made a mistake and over compensated for it massively yet people still complain!? I’m happy for those who managed to partially complete it/ fully complete it because they’ve managed to grab them selfs a rare few free packs or maybe even 2 for 1 icons (although the number who completed it would be small) everyone loves to complain when over people are fortunate.
    I’m praying they mess up the cryuff sbc the same as this one so when I’ve submitted most teams I get to keep the packs and then do it again. Or even a free icon would be lovely.

You really dont understand this game if you comment like this. People want to be treated equally. If i only had time to do the 83 rated team but was on my way to do the rest. I get my players back and a mega pack.
    If i did more i get more FREE packs, or even an icon.
    If they want to be fair they would give everybody their players back and give everybody the same packs the others got.

Right now there are some who where late to The party and get nothing, Some get a few free packs, and others get 2 icons for the price of 1.

I want to be treated equally and with this screw-up they made my opponents even stronger.

• ItsmeJose
    62 posts Park Captain
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    WoW... doesn’t that strike you as unfair? So if i was quicker i would get 2 icon Moments

You really dont understand this game if you comment like this. People want to be treated equally. If i only had time to do the 83 rated team but was on my way to do the rest. I get my players back and a mega pack.
    If they want to be fair they would give everybody their players back and give everybody the same packs the others got.

Right now there are some who where late to The party and get nothing, Some get a few free packs, and others get 2 icons for the price of 1.

I want to be treated equally and with this screw-up they made my opponents even stronger.

You pretty much just described life. Why are you even moaning? So let’s say someone bought cr7 on the market for 600k due to seller mistake, you think that’s unfair because you got there late and missed out on it? Grow up lad

• maccag
    273 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mrhey31 wrote: »

Completely agree with the last paragraph added to the fact if you were lucky enough to complete the sbc not only are you getting two top tier icons with all the packs but also the option of using the free one in a future R9, Gullit sbc saving you at least £400k on the iconic part of the sbc..is this fair on the community who didn't get chance to complete it in the timeframe??
    Where do EA go from here I don't know but they need to really get things right going forward as this has been another high level blunder to add to a series of others as highlighted by the Reddit article,
    Should EA do the right thing and release a the free second icon when completing Bergkamp imo that would be the right thing to do but EA are EA..
  • BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero

I’d rather have my players back quickly and no free pack than have to wait and get a free pack which I’ll inevitably get Rui Patricio in

The principal of it is, is that the players on this game can = real life money, my untradeable 87 Klose that I put into the iconic sbc cost me about 400k to do when the base icon sbc was out, that’s 4 jumbo rare players pack which is £32 worth of Fifa points

So essentially, EA have taken £32 from me, but it’s okay because I’ll get that back later this week.

You see now why people are annoyed?

• Boomba
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2019
    Tooner9 wrote: »
    Hamzy_LFC wrote: »
    DJ8bf4M_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Sort yourselves out! Taking the **** now!

UPDATE...

mVdlCEl_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Why u getting so irritated by that, they accepted a mistake and seems to reimbursing anyone effected whilst also allowing them the pack rewards! Hows that taking the ....?

It's not a mistake if it keeps happening.

It wouldn't be an issue happened every now and again but every time something gets released, there's an issue.
  • Cortza
    955 posts Professional
    I wasn't going to bother wading into this but I feel the need to.

There are two sides to this arguments so please bear with me.

Pro EA - This could be a genuine mistake albeit one of many and as a result, EA need to rectify it in a way that doesn't disadvantage those who done part/all of the SBC. As such, I think they are right in giving players back to those who have part-completed the SBC.

Anti EA - However, I do not agree that those who completed it should get both icons, even if it is a handful of people. Surely the easiest way to rectify this issue would be to take back the icon from these people and give them back their players? Yes, let them keep whatever they packed as it's EAs fault...but letting people keep whatever they packed plus 3m worth of icons is ludicrous. Those who wanted Bergkamp can then complete him again getting all the packs and those who wanted Kluivert got a bucket load of free packs for their hassle. Another issue is the fact that people are now short players and as such, potentially unable to complete this SBC. I'm also aware that people could have used an icon they use in their team to complete this, meaning their team is depleted as a result.

With all these mistakes, it is always to the detriment of us players rather than EA. Yes, they made a meal of the repeatable icon SBC but conveniently there is rarely/never such an issue when it comes to the money making end of selling packs.

Now I'm sure coding all this content is difficult but with a workforce of 10k people, surely someone needs to be checking it before it is eventually released!!!
  • Mr_Matchup1
    Get a grip lads , ea have done the right thing . Personally I'm happy for the people that managed to complete it in time . Jealousy is a bad trait
  • Has1988
    688 posts Semi-Pro
    I also agree with @Mr_Matchup1

EA done the right thing. They may have cocked up on alot of stuff and even this sbc but the way they rewarded those that did it is fair.
  • iRusty_yo
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    Get a grip lads , ea have done the right thing . Personally I'm happy for the people that managed to complete it in time . Jealousy is a bad trait

Agreed
  • Grezzerk
    1697 posts Play-Off Hero
    Looking at responses it is just people that are jealous they didn’t manage to take advantage of Ea’s mistake. I’d bet everyone complaining won’t even be matched up with anyone who’s benefited from this sbc for the rest of fifa. This fifa has been the worst for them trying to squeeze in as many fifa points sales this year as they possibly can and people can’t be happy for what’s probably less than 1% of the community benefitting from free packs and less than 0.1% benefitting from a free second icon. Like primary school kids complaining because someone got a better toy than them. I didn’t do the sbc as it released at 2am my time but I’m happy for everyone who did.
  • Boomba
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    Looking at responses it is just people that are jealous they didn’t manage to take advantage of Ea’s mistake. I’d bet everyone complaining won’t even be matched up with anyone who’s benefited from this sbc for the rest of fifa. This fifa has been the worst for them trying to squeeze in as many fifa points sales this year as they possibly can and people can’t be happy for what’s probably less than 1% of the community benefitting from free packs and less than 0.1% benefitting from a free second icon. Like primary school kids complaining because someone got a better toy than them. I didn’t do the sbc as it released at 2am my time but I’m happy for everyone who did.

How about you read it next time before commenting lmfao
  • clsMUFC
    1236 posts Professional
    How about they give everyone who has completed any icon SBC, an Icon pack to even things out! Hardly fair for people to get free icons...

Fat chance
  • Mr_Matchup1
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    How about they give everyone who has completed any icon SBC, an Icon pack to even things out! Hardly fair for people to get free icons...

Fat chance

Jesus shut up you pathetic child
  • Hamzy_LFC
    2584 posts National Call-Up

Fat chance

Let’s be nice here guys.

• Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    They made a stupid error, embarrassing and should never have happened

but honestly seems like they made the right moves in trying to rectify it. Some people will get free packs, a very small number of lucky folks will get double icons
  • clsMUFC
    1236 posts Professional

Fat chance

It's called sarcasm you n*nce
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner

Fat chance

sarcasm is hard to read on the internet. can't be too upset when someone takes you seriously

I wouldn't have guessed your comment was sarcasm
  • clsMUFC
    1236 posts Professional
    Clancy wrote: »

Fat chance

sarcasm is hard to read on the internet. can't be too upset when someone takes you seriously

I wouldn't have guessed your comment was sarcasm

Still shouldn't prompt someone to throw their dolly out the pram like that thought should it...
  • RayS
    31571 posts National Team Captain
    edited March 2019
    the thing to be concerned about is how a multi million dollar company like EA makes so many routine and easily avoidable mistakes like this. All you need is a decent content review process, but I get the impression that they have NO review process. We really should have kept a running thread of all the random careless mistakes they've made.

ones I can think of off the top of my head:
    1. Confusing Inter Milan with AC Milan in MM
    2. Confusing Slovenia with Slovakia in MM
    3. this 2 for 1 icons thing
    4. Carniball: putting out German SBC on the day they did Argentina
    5. Getting stat upgrades wrong on various IFs (I think there was one with IF Erikssen and his TOTGS)