What type of striker is best in a 4231

Ludinator18
616 posts An Exciting Prospect
currently changing to this formation for the first time, and was wondering what's the best type of striker to use.

Comments

• Foxsake
    2680 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ibra
  • Ludinator18
    Foxsake wrote: »
    Ibra

don't have :(.
  • TheKillers246
    1213 posts Professional
    CR7
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    SIF Lewa
    CR7
    Icons(Crespo, Sheva, Raul)
  • Str8hii
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    Potm auba
  • JayyThunder
    5145 posts Big Money Move
    Why are you changing to this formation? Is it because you want to play 1 depth, drop back and run back with your midfielders while you let the CPU play defense for you?

Or because all of the youtubers play this formation?
  • Str8hii
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why are you changing to this formation? Is it because you want to play 1 depth, drop back and run back with your midfielders while you let the CPU play defense for you?

Its balanced formation but 1 dept only works if you get better ping than opponent it doesnt matter what formation you play or how you defend when game is switching to wrong players or moving your players out of position they run like they stuck in mud and cant make a simple pass
  • D0lvl
    3458 posts National Call-Up
    I wouldn't knock players trying this formation and letting the AI play defense.
    This game punishes you for taking control of your defenders. Sad to say but it is most effective when AI defends for you, especially your CB's.

Once someone controls CB's = easy skill move to go past them or easy through ball past them.
  • Benja190782
    1759 posts Play-Off Hero
    Red Balotelli 85 with Marksman. Low driven everytime. He scores more goals than my CR7.
  • ELSALCFC
    495 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’ve played this formation mostly since I got the game apart from a spell with 3/5 at the back. I like it because you can use alternative options out wide other than conventional wingers.

In terms of strikers, it depends on your play style. As my club has progressed I have used all kinds of different ones. I would recommend just trying some different ones tbh.

I use joelinton ffs or arnautovic hl as they are untradables. But I used Werner this week for the objective with great success, also the likes of Vardy, morata, poulsen, immobile. They all did a job. HL rashford is also very good there, though I use him as a wide cam.

I’d say I have most success personally with someone over 6ft and a bit of pace. But I would say experiment and see what works for you.
  • Tooner9
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    One of those unrealistic cards like the trump cards kids play at school should do, or a real player if you want to win and not the CPU win for u
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Kante
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    Cr7 is the Meta

Auba
    Aguero
    Suarez
    Lewa

• Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Cr7 is the Meta

Best striker in the world is the "Meta" ? Shocking.
  • BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    4231 is the meta yes but only to repel those that play 41212 narrow and rely on the counter and quick one twos between they're front 3

4231 nullifies this, especially with drop back

I have my depth on 6 though

OP - an all rounder is very good in this formation, a striker who's fast, strong, good in the air and can dribble. POTM/CL Aguero is v good
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    BILLYT96 wrote: »
    4231 is the meta yes but only to repel those that play 41212 narrow and rely on the counter and quick one twos between they're front 3

OP - an all rounder is very good in this formation, a striker who's fast, strong, good in the air and can dribble. POTM/CL Aguero is v good

worst type of players to play against
    zero creativity with 3 pacey forwards

• Ludinator18

No it's because I like the idea of 3 Cams.
  • Ludinator18
    I was looking at RTTF Cavani.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14429 posts World Class
    Zlatan esc if possible....as you said you don't have so probably IF arnoutovic, cavani, balotelli....

That sort of player
  • WarrenBarton
    10508 posts Has That Special Something
    Kante

Exactly what came to mind but you beat me to it lol
  • kukuchev711
    1107 posts Play-Off Hero
    I use FFS Jovic. Just look at his stats, the man has it all.
  • o0OainavO0o
    2539 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ucl Aguero for me, I have all the fb strikers and have found Aguero to be the most consistent, not sure if it’s his links or what but he does it all, i pair up fb ibra with him when I go to a 2 man up top but Aguero still outdoes him.
  • dregana08
    4085 posts National Call-Up
    87/88 Rashford (if you haven't got FB Ibra).
  • Colt_seevers
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    BILLYT96 wrote: »

4231 nullifies every formation. It also nullifies enjoyment and fun