FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    So I'm thinking of doing a CM story "by committee" at some point. I'll try to get some people from the FIFACareers subreddit involved too.

    The idea is we do it from the perspective of a sports acquisition group, we do a "financial takeover" of an EFL club, hire a coach, update the branding and kits, select the players and manage the squad collectively by voting. Similar to the way many other users have done here, but this would be more extensive and you as the reader would have much more of a say in what happens, even with things like the style of play, formation, and roster rules.

    Would anyone find that interesting?

    The only issue is it would take forever to get through a season if we vote on everything. Trying to think about a more efficient way to do it. I'll have to wait until FIFA 20 (unless there are no improvements to career mode, in which case I may even go back to FIFA 18 because it's more moddable on PC).

    I tried doing a story just like that about a month ago. People enjoyed it but it did take a lot of time waiting to hear back from everyone since we are all over. I ended up firing everyone after the first season and becoming a dictator at the club basically 😂 then I just became to frustrated with CM this year and abandoned it 🤦‍♂️
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So I'm thinking of doing a CM story "by committee" at some point. I'll try to get some people from the FIFACareers subreddit involved too.

    The idea is we do it from the perspective of a sports acquisition group, we do a "financial takeover" of an EFL club, hire a coach, update the branding and kits, select the players and manage the squad collectively by voting. Similar to the way many other users have done here, but this would be more extensive and you as the reader would have much more of a say in what happens, even with things like the style of play, formation, and roster rules.

    Would anyone find that interesting?

    The only issue is it would take forever to get through a season if we vote on everything. Trying to think about a more efficient way to do it. I'll have to wait until FIFA 20 (unless there are no improvements to career mode, in which case I may even go back to FIFA 18 because it's more moddable on PC).

    If you are able to find a way past the time issue than it would be a great idea. Maybe leave voting open X amount of hours/days and if only one or two people vote you take their idea?
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All the talk a few months ago about Poch, Conte and Jose taking over United or Madrid and then Ole comes from nowhere and Zidane comes back shocking everyone.
  • WestardLord
    1457 posts Professional
    edited March 11
    lol first Joachim now Zidane

    swap Sarri for Mourinho?

    can we get #WengerIn going?
  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    @subpop you must be in heaven with both of the Madrid clubs bottling it in the CL this year
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @subpop you must be in heaven with both of the Madrid clubs bottling it in the CL this year

    I think he's waiting until after tomorrow before getting too excited.

    But seeing Ronaldo do his thing is a joy. I don't care what people say about him off the pitch, on it, he will always be the best in my eyes. I'm so happy he's not at Madrid anymore.
  • dannyboy
    12805 posts Has That Special Something
    Giants @Alastair :D
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Giants @Alastair :D

    That’s a ridiculous trade. Browns to win the SB?
  • dannyboy
    12805 posts Has That Special Something
    Won't count them out atm
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    Ronaldo will go down as the best big game player ever
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    Ronaldo will go down as the best big game player ever

    Big game as long as it isn’t a final*
  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Giants @Alastair :D

    That’s a ridiculous trade. Browns to win the SB?

    It had been rumored a few weeks ago and everyone laughed about it. Crazy to see the Browns get a player like that. They are gonna be a fun team to watch this year.
  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    What a win! Impressive from all of the English teams. Anyone know when the draw for the next round is?
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    What a win! Impressive from all of the English teams. Anyone know when the draw for the next round is?

    Friday at 11am UK time (whatever that is in whichever time zone you're in - 4am? I assume you're the same time zone as Phoenix).
  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »
    What a win! Impressive from all of the English teams. Anyone know when the draw for the next round is?

    Friday at 11am UK time (whatever that is in whichever time zone you're in - 4am? I assume you're the same time zone as Phoenix).

    Yeah we are. Time zones in AZ are weird. We don’t change our clocks for daylight savings time. Half the year we are PST, the second half we are MST 😂
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Alastair wrote: »
    What a win! Impressive from all of the English teams. Anyone know when the draw for the next round is?

    Friday at 11am UK time (whatever that is in whichever time zone you're in - 4am? I assume you're the same time zone as Phoenix).

    Yeah we are. Time zones in AZ are weird. We don’t change our clocks for daylight savings time. Half the year we are PST, the second half we are MST 😂

    Ah that's good as it's the only US time zone I know (I've googled the difference in response to Cardinals timings too many times :lol: )

    That's a strange system. Although isn't the whole of the US considering scrapping daylight saving time? I know the EU want to scrap it.
  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    What a win! Impressive from all of the English teams. Anyone know when the draw for the next round is?

    Friday at 11am UK time (whatever that is in whichever time zone you're in - 4am? I assume you're the same time zone as Phoenix).

    Yeah we are. Time zones in AZ are weird. We don’t change our clocks for daylight savings time. Half the year we are PST, the second half we are MST 😂

    Ah that's good as it's the only US time zone I know (I've googled the difference in response to Cardinals timings too many times :lol: )

    That's a strange system. Although isn't the whole of the US considering scrapping daylight saving time? I know the EU want to scrap it.

    It’s always brought up but I don’t see it happening to be honest.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    English sides look very impressive but honestly the German sides should be embarrassed after this round. Dortmund didn't score a goal in two games, Schalke were expected to lose but they looked like a league 2 side yesterday.

    Bayern have nothing to really be embarrassed about but they did not perform up to their standards at all and were lucky to get the one goal they scored.

    I'm hoping the draw is:

    City-Liverpool; rematch of last season.
    Juve-Barca; Messi v Ronaldo
    Spurs-Ajax; Former players facing Ajax
    Porto-United; Two sides I don't care to watch so I guess they are the only two left?

  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    English sides look very impressive but honestly the German sides should be embarrassed after this round. Dortmund didn't score a goal in two games, Schalke were expected to lose but they looked like a league 2 side yesterday.

    Bayern have nothing to really be embarrassed about but they did not perform up to their standards at all and were lucky to get the one goal they scored.

    I'm hoping the draw is:

    City-Liverpool; rematch of last season.
    Juve-Barca; Messi v Ronaldo
    Spurs-Ajax; Former players facing Ajax
    Porto-United; Two sides I don't care to watch so I guess they are the only two left?

    I hope we don’t get City again. Mainly just because I’d like to see something different 😂 that being said I’m sure we’ll draw another English squad.
  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    Well didn’t see that draw coming. Some great matchups for the next round. We obviously got the easies draw with Porto but they are much improved team from last year and let’s face it, Barca said the same thing about Roma last year and look what happened 😂

    United have a battle with Barca for sure but I think Rashford and Martial have a real chance to run behind that defense and cause them a lot of problems.

    Spurs/City looks over before it starts but I picked Spurs to make a deep run this year and it could easily play out like it did against Liverpool last year for City.

    Juve/Ajax is gonna be fun to watch. Old vs young. De Ligt could triple his price tag if he keeps Ronaldo quiet. I haven’t felt great about this Juve team all year so I can easily see Ajax dropping them out in a massive upset.
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Just seen this great article by Jonathan Liew. Recommend anyone who follows an English side gives it a read.


  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    @subpop you must be in heaven with both of the Madrid clubs bottling it in the CL this year

    Well, I was about Real Madrid's ridicule... It's not that I love Atlético, but I can't say I hate them either. In that sense, I am unsure that I am happy to see Juve advancing instead of them. I was surprised about the 2-0 at the Wanda, but I would have never thought they would collapse at Turin as I consider Atlético one of the most reliable and consistent teams in all Europe. However, they definitely **** on their pants.


    Well didn’t see that draw coming. Some great matchups for the next round. We obviously got the easies draw with Porto but they are much improved team from last year and let’s face it, Barca said the same thing about Roma last year and look what happened 😂

    United have a battle with Barca for sure but I think Rashford and Martial have a real chance to run behind that defense and cause them a lot of problems.

    Spurs/City looks over before it starts but I picked Spurs to make a deep run this year and it could easily play out like it did against Liverpool last year for City.

    Juve/Ajax is gonna be fun to watch. Old vs young. De Ligt could triple his price tag if he keeps Ronaldo quiet. I haven’t felt great about this Juve team all year so I can easily see Ajax dropping them out in a massive upset.

    Liverpool shouldn't have problems to defeat Porto, but as you say the greatest enemy is relax and overconfidence in this kind of situations. Porto aren't giants, but aren't poor either.

    On the Man United-Barcelona, I am confident we can advance, if we play our best football. I obviously respect our rivals, for their history... and also in their current form, as Solksjaer has revived this team. Even if they're not the best Man United I've seen in my life, they showed their pride in Paris. This is what happens if you don't respect them. I like the draw, because I think we're superior, but also the fact of having a rival with an important name in Europe that will probably help us to find the right motivation to face a game like this. Obviously, the 2 finals against them are in mind and that's always good memories.

    Spurs v City... I've never liked when Barcelona faced a Spanish team in Europe. I guess they share this feeling. The Champions League is an exceptional event, but when you face a familiar team, things change a lot, because rivals know each other quite well. Man City would be the main favourite against most of the rivals, but Spurs can be extremely uncomfortable for them.

    Juve v Ajax... I think Juve will advance. Ajax played great against Real Madrid, but the style of Madrid benefited the Dutch. However, Juve is more a reactive team that will focus on destroying the rival's football and then wait for their forwards to decide. We'll see... Ajax have nothing to lose, so I believe that the best thing they can do is to play without fear while waiting for Juve to play with too much confidence.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well I guessed zero correct. I don't like this draw at all. Just once I want to see Liverpool against Barca or Juve. I hoped for it last year too but it never happened.

    I never like seeing teams from the same country play eachother so Spurs/City does not excite me either.

    At least Europa league provided an exciting draw with Arsenal and Napoli.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I know a lot of investigations are going on with Man City right now but I think people are not looking at the big picture here. They are rigging the system!

    Man City's drawings in cups this year;
    League Cup:
    Oxford Utd
    Fulham H
    Leicester
    Burton Albion
    Chelsea (final)

    FA Cup:
    Rotherham H
    Burnley H
    Newport County
    Swansea
    Brighton

    Champions League:
    Lyon
    Shakhtar
    Hoffenheim
    Schalke
    Tottenham

    (I'm joking on them cheating but seriously, very lucky year for them)
  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    I know a lot of investigations are going on with Man City right now but I think people are not looking at the big picture here. They are rigging the system!

    Man City's drawings in cups this year;
    League Cup:
    Oxford Utd
    Fulham H
    Leicester
    Burton Albion
    Chelsea (final)

    FA Cup:
    Rotherham H
    Burnley H
    Newport County
    Swansea
    Brighton

    Champions League:
    Lyon
    Shakhtar
    Hoffenheim
    Schalke
    Tottenham

    (I'm joking on them cheating but seriously, very lucky year for them)

    😂 they really do get crazy draws year in and year out. To be fair for the FA Cup and League Cup almost all of the big teams have dropped out early. Schalke had no business being in the final 16 but when your in a group with Porto, and Galatasary and loko Moscow, somebody had to get second 😂

    It is a shame that they get these easy draws to because of the crazy depth they have....
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    This is amazing. Wish refs were always mic’d up.

  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    I want to see Mike Dean do that
  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    edited March 22
    Hereford could be in FIFA 20. Vanarama are petitioning EA to include the Conference in FIFA 20. :joy:

    https://www.vanarama.com/fifa-petition.html
Sign In or Register to comment.