Squad Battle question (now annoyance)

Comments

• BGAlum
    969 posts Professional
    Have not played in a week due to travel for work... and enjoying my family now, so not sure I will even play again.
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    BGAlum wrote: »
    Have not played in a week due to travel for work... and enjoying my family now, so not sure I will even play again.

I may give up for a week also, but for a different reason. Its all been too intense since October. I've played over 1500 games of FUT, and I need to relax for a while
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    lol, last match of the Squad battles I fielded an all bronze team, to face a team rated 86 100 chem on Ultimate AI.

Albeit, I lost 2-9, the only positives coming out of that, I can actually score against a team rated 86 on Ultimate. In doing so also, I completed a weekly objective of "Debut Goal", so damn funny
  • BGAlum
    969 posts Professional
    Made it... first full week with no games and no rewards.
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    Least I'm getting better at defending against Neymar. Let's just say its something new I've developed over the weekend
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    I dunno, I've lost to a team rated 68 on WC that is bad.

Maybe the AI thinks its 98 instead of 68
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    edited February 28
    Oh no, this is getting really into stupid proportion.

EA have really messed up the AI, still ping pong passing

I can't even win a match, shows you how rubbish the game has become

Every time I pass to my defenders from the goalie, after the update, it always ends up with the opposition getting the ball
  • Dixie81
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have lost 4 games this which never happens, even lost 2-1 to a 74 rated silver team with 40 chem! On world class.
    Something has changed big time I wish they would get it to work and just leave it alone.
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    Dixie81 wrote: »
    I have lost 4 games this which never happens, even lost 2-1 to a 74 rated silver team with 40 chem! On world class.
    Something has changed big time I wish they would get it to work and just leave it alone.

Same
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    Yeah even teams rated 60 chem 19 are pinging it around like Barcelona on steroids. Unless the Chinese know something I don't
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    I found a solution, I have to pay for FIFA Points, since I have only paid for the game itself
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    OMG lost 0-5 to a team rated 60 chem 19. On World Class AI. The Chinese are to be feared guys, they know a lot more than I
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    This is the result of tonight's match
    s4lv1y.jpg

This is the team that I faced
    qrf38j.jpg

Guess I need those FIFA points for my broken team to start winning again
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    Played a team rated 89 chem 100 and only lost 0-4...suspicious I gather
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    I didn't chance the team I had just played on Ultimate difficulties. I instead went for Legendary. I know I'm safe, so now I will play the next 3 games using bronze

I think there's something wrong with the Neymar card, he is not that good in real life
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    And I got IF Mkhitaryan as one of my rewards
  • Chavez76
    2524 posts Fans' Favourite
    you are aware you're the only poster in this thread, right?
  • lippyone
    1165 posts Professional
    It is very unpredictable, have a feeling the AI switches levels mid game sometmes.

Was playing a 90 sauad on professional when half way through they suddenly doubled their speed, they were moving and passing at an incredible fast pace, almost like tv when in fast forward. Lasted about 20 in gsme minutes until they equalised, then they went back to normal.
  • DFC1983
    729 posts Semi-Pro
    So I played professional SB for 4 games to get the Weah card. All squads were similar in rating but I noticed a massive difference on the last (4th) game compared with the other 3. There's no way there isn't something weird going on to make this happen. First 3 played like professional or less, 4th played like world class or harder. I still won but the difference was noticeable.
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    Played the featured team twice, once on my account, guess which match I won, even though I played both on pro AI, and one on a strong team (my account), and the other on with a weaker team
  • Zv1k0
    5879 posts Big Money Move
    Pooter wrote: »
    Played the featured team twice, once on my account, guess which match I won, even though I played both on pro AI, and one on a strong team (my account), and the other on with a weaker team

The one where you scored more goals than AI?
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »

The one where you scored more goals than AI?

lol, correct. but what team, the weaker or the stronger one scored more?
  • BGAlum
    969 posts Professional
    I have not played in nearly two weeks and I can not say I miss it really s
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    I have not played in nearly two weeks and I can not say I miss it really s

Can’t blame you. Its too overwhelming to be honest
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    I think my other account is telling me something regarding how I play.....
  • BGAlum
    969 posts Professional
    I thought about playing when I got back home, but had to wait for an update to load for the PS4 and the game, I think.

No desire to log in now to play. Maybe tonight with the new week, but probably not.

The game has completely lost all appeal at this point. I did get my new job, but may not spend the extra money on the PS4 plus account. If I do, it will be for GT Sport, not FIFA 19-FUT.
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    I thought about playing when I got back home, but had to wait for an update to load for the PS4 and the game, I think.

No desire to log in now to play. Maybe tonight with the new week, but probably not.

The game has completely lost all appeal at this point. I did get my new job, but may not spend the extra money on the PS4 plus account. If I do, it will be for GT Sport, not FIFA 19-FUT.

I wasn’t playing as often. Basically its getting on my nerves playing day in day out, especially Saturdays and Sundays when there 3 updates per day

I hadn’t been playing much beforehand, so decided to takes a few days off SB this week
  • BluenoseDave72
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This mode is fixed and its just pathetic really!

One minute your team is playing really well and next game it's horrible.......how can that be?
  • JGCramp
    1373 posts Professional
    edited March 17
    I don't find SB particularly fun anymore. My biggest issues :

AI defenders block every shot. I'd rather all my shots go flying out of the stadium than have every one get blocked.

They've basically turned off CPU fouls. Some time ago I played consecutive matches on legendary against a 61 rated 19 chem team and a 63 rated 35 chem team. They combined for 0 fouls. It's pathetic. Good luck getting a direct free kick in scoring position.

I recall when SB started last year we were promised AI opponents that were more dynamic than what we used to get with offline seasons when CPU squads were all clones. That's nonsense this year. Every CPU squad is basically identical; they all stick 10 perfectly positioned defenders behind the ball so each match maximizes your boredom.

And I'll never understand the logic of 85 or 86 rated 100 chem teams being easy to beat but squads full of bronzes on 3 chem can play defense icons aside from it being a way to lazily manufacture difficulty without having to program nuanced gameplay.

FWIW,I was clearing old videos of my PS4 the other day and I noticed on one of them that I had played something like 1600 matches last year, and I didn't even like FIFA 18. This year I'm at about 340 and bulk of those were played after that one patch came out that nerfed AI defense. When they reverted that back I mostly stopped playing again. That's been my solution. I'm just not playing this game much anymore.
  • Pooter
    1290 posts Professional
    edited March 18
    omg, omg, omg, just packed Aguero, no joke
    Post edited by Pooter on