Drawed against a pro player as a gold 2 player

simlejh
122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
So im initially a gold 1 player but the gameplay after the patch is just killing me. So i've ended gold 2 last weekends. Just now i played 2-2 against a pro player including extra time and we played completely even. Same shots, passing percentage and what not. To be fair, HE was the one getting the cheese by 1 kick off goal and me missing absolute sitters.
Also in weekend league i now and then play against 1-2 top 100 players and play so tight games. Fix your gameplay EA. How can i play even with them. It's to the point where im not even sure if im a good player or not. I think i am but this gameplay just doesn't make any sence.

Like how can i play tight games against guys that do this for a living an is sponsored by Renault and Red Bull and end one rank away from my mate. That just started playing. And also loose tons of games to way worse opponents on a regular basis. It just doesn't add up

Comments

• Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Drew
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pic or didn't happen
  • simlejh
    edited February 2019
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    Pic or didn't happen

Why would i lie about that? Gains me nothing whatsoever. But here you go:

[deleted]
    Post edited by simlejh on
  • Navraat
    3672 posts National Call-Up
    Nice, I like Picasso myself
  • Mic2904
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite
    So... Lets recap:

You played a 'Pro Player', you played well and you gave him a good run for the money. Firstly, well done and here is your star ⭐️

Secondly, lets put this into perspective:

- He could played while being distracted
    - His friend could have played
    - ❤️❤️❤️❤️ connection on either side
    - He couldn't be bothered

But that all doesn't matter, because quite frankly, only because Barcelona might get beat by Eibar once every 10 years, possibly even less, doesnt mean that Eibar should be playing for the title each year. Neither should Wigan always win the cup because they beat ManCity a few years back.

And please, don't go by the record or at least dont use it the way you look at it. He will play higher skilled teams during WL which will make it more difficult overall. Do you think every pro player should have a record of 500-10-10? Thats not even possible mate!

Oh and please change your topic.... 'Drawed' ---- jeezo mate!
  • simlejh
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    So... Lets recap:

You played a 'Pro Player', you played well and you gave him a good run for the money. Firstly, well done and here is your star ⭐️

- **** connection on either side

But that all doesn't matter, because quite frankly, only because Barcelona might get beat by Eibar once every 10 years, possibly even less, doesnt mean that Eibar should be playing for the title each year. Neither should Wigan always win the cup because they beat ManCity a few years back.

And please, don't go by the record or at least dont use it the way you look at it. He will play higher skilled teams during WL which will make it more difficult overall. Do you think every pro player should have a record of 500-10-10? Thats not even possible mate!

It's not a 1/20 situation. Every time i come up against a top 400 player i play equally tight games with them.
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hjelmis wrote: »
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    So... Lets recap:

- **** connection on either side

It's not a 1/20 situation. Every time i come up against a top 400 player i play equally tight games with them.

So why are you not elite 1?
  • simlejh
    edited February 2019
    What do you mean? This isn't a rant that i should be high elite. This is me pointing out the awfully flawed gameplay. Im just laying out the facts and you interpretate that how you like. "so why are you not elite". What ❤️❤️❤️❤️ answer is that. Haha
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    What do you mean? This isn't a rant that i should be high elite. This is me pointing out the awfully flawed gameplay. Im just laying out the facts and you interpretate that how you like. "so why are you not elite". What **** answer is that. Haha

Just because someone is good at the game doesn't mean they should beat the majority with atleast 3 goals
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    How do you know it was a pro player?
  • simlejh
    Pay2Lose wrote: »
    How do you know it was a pro player?

I usually just look up the opponent on google. If it's a pro it will pop up some kind of stuff related to the username. Such as twitterpage, futwiz monthly ranking etc. Otherwise you can just look them up on fifa.gg. It's a pro player by definition if he or she is under a proffesional contract so they might be outside of top 1000 as well..
  • Del654
    1145 posts Professional
    I'm a gold 2 player and my friend is also a gold 2 plauer but every time we play eachother I'm by far the better player, he ain't even beat me own yet it's like a walk in the park for me... so that don't add up. But I do struggle to believe you play equal tight games with pro's and top top players and are also a gold player. But anyway the matchmaking is very strange in the WL.
  • Momus
    1836 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can believe it. Last year I beat a top 100 player 1-0 and I was struggling for G3 at the time.

Was just very unlucky iirc I only had 1 shot and he had nearer 20 plus dominated possession
  • munchie63
    3969 posts National Call-Up
    What do you mean? This isn't a rant that i should be high elite. This is me pointing out the awfully flawed gameplay. Im just laying out the facts and you interpretate that how you like. "so why are you not elite". What **** answer is that. Haha

nah

you've just come on to brag

if 'every time' you come up against a pro player you only lose because you miss sitters and they get lucky, go to an agency and go pro, make some cash

or pinch yourself and wake up
  • Primal
    11528 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2019
    I think your right tbh. Last year I got top 100 sporadically and was consistenly atleast elite 1 and would steam roll most people i played however when id get matched against a pro the skill gap would be clear and theyd win the majority however this year its a flip of a coin where the games won from an RNG moment. I now have tighter games against gold 1-3 players but get better results against pros. I think its due to the skill gap being so small this yesr.
  • alex1987
    5906 posts Big Money Move
    So, you can't get to elite one because of the gameplay.
    Then how do the pros get at least 29 wins in every single weekend?
  • simlejh
    "What do you mean? This isn't a rant that i should be high elite. This is me pointing out the awfully flawed gameplay. Im just laying out the facts and you interpretate that how you like. "so why are you not elite". What **** answer is that. Haha"

I just wrote this. munchie63 and alex1987, either youre trolling or just not able to process more than one thing at once.
  • They are just hating. Don’t worry you get plenty of those. All day sitting with nothing to do but defend a broken game and troll people.
  • simlejh
    Again, im playing 0-0 against a top 300 player with these stats

Him - Me
    2-2 Shots
    2-1 Shots on target
    40-60 Ball possesion
    Passing percentage 83-85
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m gonna ask my mum for a contract so I can be a pro. She can pay me £5 per week wages/pocket money and then I will pro my way to silver 3 on squad battles
  • simlejh
    edited March 2019
    I’m gonna ask my mum for a contract so I can be a pro. She can pay me £5 per week wages/pocket money and then I will pro my way to silver 3 on squad battles

Cant handle your narrative of pros being invincible and this game to be skill based, challenged?

Edited to remove inappropriate comment, do not bypass the profanity filter. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 2019
    simlejh wrote: »

Cant handle your narrative of pros being invincible and this game to be skill based, challenged? Hah r-tard

Jesus, I was only teasing a little and I get called 😳

Edited to remove inappropriate comment ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • SomeGuy17
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just because someone can give an amazing player a good game, doesn't mean they should be expected to be Elite levels. I'm a gold 3 player but haven't lost to a top 100 player in the 5 or 6 games I've played against them in the past month. Some players, like me, turn up for the big games, but get shafted by EA against others
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    It's normal. I mean, I am an Elite player (with several Elite 2 finishes and one Elite 1 finsh as well), but still, I've beaten pros many times this year (and also lost to them many times) and then lost against much worse players. There's just too much randomness to be consistent in this game unless you're THAT good like some pros who manage to overcome the BS when it's against them.

Just this weekend, I beat a pro player and some other fantastic players, yet I "only" managed to finish Elite 3 as I lost 2 or 3 against players I thought weren't the greatest but had the rub of the green.

It's kinda hard to know your true rank in WL because you only get 30 games and if you get screwed (or lucky) in one of them, you can never get that game back. Rivals is a much better mode (and it should be the main mode, provided rewards actually got better every time you go up a division so people don't relegate themselves) as it matches you against people of your skill and if you lose because you were unlucky, no big deal, you carry on and if you win next game you get your skill rating back. Like every other competitive game out there.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Brag threads just ask for the salty forumers, people should’ve learned that by now.

Dont post brag threads if you cant handle the heat.