OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Low Ki
    11844 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 11
    And the drama is so contrived when you look at the context and meaning of what Brie said.

Right now though they're seething its doing well in the box office :lol:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32136 posts National Team Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »
    And the drama is so contrived when you look at the context and meaning of what Brie said.

yeah but it's 2019, bunch of snowflakes.
  • Argie8
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »
    CaptainMarvel ain't half as bad as people are making out online. It's one of the lesser entries into the MCU imo but thats more of a testament to the strength of the film series. Good...not great, but sometimes just "good" is enough!

yeah a lot of the negativity online is blinded by all the drama going around with Brie... Every once and a while you can find a sensible one.

If you look at almost all of its online audience scores they're ridiculously low. It was under 7 on IMDb, 3 on metacritic, and really low on rotten tomatoes. Unfortunately I think a lot of that is due to Brie upsetting all these silly men. Ah well, I hope people still see the film.

Bookmarked this thread now as I keep forgetting about it!
  • Low Ki

yeah but it's 2019, bunch of snowflakes.

And these days the snowflakes are those offended that others are offended by offensive comments.

World can't end soon enough.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Esai Morales cast as Slade/Deathstroke for Titans season 2
  • Apollo
    16139 posts World Class

YES THAT LOOKS **** IMMENSE! CAN'T WAIT
  • Apollo
    16139 posts World Class
    April 25th can't arrive soon enough tbh
  • Gigaa_Byte
    2032 posts Fans' Favourite
    APRIL 25TH NEEDS TO HURRY THE **** UP
  • xHerdie
    4117 posts National Call-Up
    Next month can’t come soon enough. GoT and End Game <3
  • Low Ki
    I love how they made an amazing trailer that shows so little of the actual movie. It still pumps you up.
  • Low Ki
  • GL
    7343 posts Big Money Move
    WHATEVER IT TAKES
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class
    James Gunn reinstated for Gotg 3
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    krakos000 wrote: »

Was just about to share this
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class

Was just about to share this

WOOOOOOOO idk if I'm more hyped for endgame or this now Haha
  • Apollo
    16139 posts World Class
    edited March 15
    Gonna be majorly controversial but the GOTG are my least favourite films in the entire MCU, really dislike them, have all along. Only watched the second one for any details that were necessary for the crossover films like the Avengers
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Some other news I’ve not seen shared here yet.

Tyrese signed a 3 movie deal with Marvel playing Morbius

Namor rumored to be getting introduced into MCU
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Apollo wrote: »
    Gonna be majorly controversial but the GOTG are my least favourite films in the entire MCU, really dislike them, have all along. Only watched the second one for any details that were necessary for the crossover films like the Avengers

Interesting. I thought they were very well done. What is it about them that you don’t like?
  • Low Ki
    edited March 15

Should have never been removed, his terrible jokes were insulting pedophiles not aiding with them. He did phrase them badly though.

• Apollo
    16139 posts World Class
    edited March 15
    Apollo wrote: »

Interesting. I thought they were very well done. What is it about them that you don’t like?

It would be easier to be honest to say what I did like about them. Virtually nothing. The attempted humour is simply not funny, and the fact that it's pretty much constant throughout the entire films just makes it worse. I think most of the characters in the film lack substance and it's hard to become invested in them in the way that you do with most of the other MCU films. I think the plot is incredibly weak and they simply can't hold a candle to the other movies. I've been doing the re-watch a marvel film each week in the build up to Endgame (I'm a bit behind though) and I'm dreading watching the GOTG ones again.

• Argie8

Should have never been removed, his terrible jokes were insulting pedophiles not aiding with them. He did phrase them badly though.

His tweets were really bad, indefensible. Glad he's back though. Will he still be doing suicide squad 2?
  • Low Ki

His tweets were really bad, indefensible. Glad he's back though. Will he still be doing suicide squad 2?

Yes. The bad news about that though is GOTG3 is delayed till after Suicide Squad.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

But they were still so old though. As long as he wasn’t continuously making those jokes and references today, I believe he should have been given the benefit of the doubt that he’s grown up since.
  • Low Ki
    When he first signed up I remember Gunn saying he told Feige he wanted Thunderbolts:
    Thunderbolts? I will tell you, one time I was saying to Kevin [Feige], we were sitting on set together on one of the days he visited and I said, ‘You know, I really want to make Thunderbolts,’ and he said, ‘James, if Guardians does well you’ll be able to do whatever you want so we’ll see what happens.

I really hope this is still on the cards, though in a way DC kinda beat us to it by giving Gunn Suicide Squad :(

Can't think of a better way to bring back Bullseye though.
  • Argie8

But they were still so old though. As long as he wasn’t continuously making those jokes and references today, I believe he should have been given the benefit of the doubt that he’s grown up since.

I know, we've already discussed this. I feel pretty much the same.
  • Argie8

Oh god. That article is so bad I genuinely had to make sure it wasn't satire
  • Low Ki
    edited March 16

What a load of garbage. This was because a bunch loudmouth alt right 8chan incels were bombarding social media, forums and reddit with wild claims about Brie Larson's 'war on straight white males'. They did this by cherry picking quotes from her out of context and twisting them into 15+ minute youtube rants where they patted themselves on the back in a circle in their comment sections.

Cosmicbooknews is basically a shill machine for some dumb movement called Comicsgate btw. I first encountered it a couple weeks back when their 'journalist' wrote a story claiming Disney was looking at shutting down Marvel's publishing section and then it devolved into a rant how the beginning of the end was a Nova book being cancelled over a decade ago. Avoid that site, it's worse for your health than FIFA.