The Squad Showoff Thread

Comments

• MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    krakos000 wrote: »
    @DeanoZoff love it!! Needs Cannavaro in there too ;)

@MaddMike3711 thanks man!! I'm tempted to swap Marcelo with Socrates and have a fun ol time with 3, 5 star skillers up top lol. I should get PIM Baggio over Socrates....No who am I kidding, the Doc is a beast
    Isn’t he just unreal? He’s honestly I think my favorite CAM I’ve ever used outside of Messi. :D
  • DeanoZoff
    4343 posts National Call-Up
    @DeanoZoff love it!! Needs Cannavaro in there too ;)

@MaddMike3711 thanks man!! I'm tempted to swap Marcelo with Socrates and have a fun ol time with 3, 5 star skillers up top lol. I should get PIM Baggio over Socrates....No who am I kidding, the Doc is a beast

Cheers mate.

I'm caught between Canna, Puyol and Hierro really

You used any of them to compare?
  • krakos000
    17487 posts World Class
    @MaddMike3711 my favorite cam is that EoE Iniesta card last year by far but this Socrates is closing in on him. I wish I could get the PIM but I'm loving the prime.

@DeanoZoff only used Prime Cannavaro so far not hierro or puyol :/ but back in 17 I used all of their normal cards and Cannavaro was the best for me out of the 3. Puyol was too much of a truck, Hierro just didnt have that "spark" I wanted.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    mlMhYU9.jpg

How my team lines up in game. Basically going for a then and now La Liga legends team. (Rijkaard qualifies by being Barca manager)

Recently sold prime Cruyff and prime Blanc as their dropping like an old birds Walter Mittys.

Anyone used OP Puyol? Wouldnt mind doing his sbc tbh

Heres hoping La Liga actually gets some enticing sbc's soon cos lately has been dead, while Bundes, Prem and Serie A get spoilt.

La Liga is dead to EA unfortunately
  • DeanoZoff
    @MaddMike3711 my favorite cam is that EoE Iniesta card last year by far but this Socrates is closing in on him. I wish I could get the PIM but I'm loving the prime.

@DeanoZoff only used Prime Cannavaro so far not hierro or puyol :/ but back in 17 I used all of their normal cards and Cannavaro was the best for me out of the 3. Puyol was too much of a truck, Hierro just didnt have that "spark" I wanted.

Used op Canna on loan and he was pretty good tbh... might just do the sbc... ive got Baresi gathering dust right now
    mlMhYU9.jpg

How my team lines up in game. Basically going for a then and now La Liga legends team. (Rijkaard qualifies by being Barca manager)

Recently sold prime Cruyff and prime Blanc as their dropping like an old birds Walter Mittys.

Heres hoping La Liga actually gets some enticing sbc's soon cos lately has been dead, while Bundes, Prem and Serie A get spoilt.

Its ridiculous how left out La Liga is.... so overlooked and so many potentially fun cards to release
  • krakos000
    17487 posts World Class
    @DeanoZoff I wish I could get moments cann :/ He looks nutty. I'm loving Baresi tbh hes better than Cannavaro at times. His AI is slightly better just like in past fifas. And both leap 10ft as well so no issues with their height Haha. I had a guy message me after a game I won and said "respect for having two midget cbs"
  • krakos000
    17487 posts World Class
    They could have done a saul carniball card...but they leave out la Liga and do thiago
  • DeanoZoff
    They could have done a saul carniball card...but they leave out la Liga and do thiago

My thoughts exactly... Thiago is notoriously useless on FiFA...
    @DeanoZoff I wish I could get moments cann :/ He looks nutty. I'm loving Baresi tbh hes better than Cannavaro at times. His AI is slightly better just like in past fifas. And both leap 10ft as well so no issues with their height Haha. I had a guy message me after a game I won and said "respect for having two midget cbs"

I felt like Canna's jumping was noticeably better than Baresi's and obviously hes a lot quicker too

Hierro looks great on paper but havent seen many great reviews on him...or anyone actually using him

Gonna defo upgrade Rivaldo and Carlos eventually too
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 15
    When are the RTTF upgrades happening ffs.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    When are the RTTF upgrades happening ffs.

Probably later this afternoon along with Scream shifts
  • iBarçaBoy
    1569 posts Play-Off Hero

Used op Canna on loan and he was pretty good tbh... might just do the sbc... ive got Baresi gathering dust right now
    mlMhYU9.jpg

Its ridiculous how left out La Liga is.... so overlooked and so many potentially fun cards to release

• hjdjydyufu
    8268 posts League Winner
    UP0CwtK.jpg

This is how my squad is looking until I get one of Puyol/Desailly/TOTY VVD in and Rivaldo/ Figo upgrade SBCs are released.
    I’ll then be finally satisfied until TOTS. :)

@MaddMike3711

Awesome! I'm going to have an all brazil attack at some point. Have you used Junior?
  • MaddMike3711
    edited March 15
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    UP0CwtK.jpg

This is how my squad is looking until I get one of Puyol/Desailly/TOTY VVD in and Rivaldo/ Figo upgrade SBCs are released.

@MaddMike3711

Awesome! I'm going to have an all brazil attack at some point. Have you used Junior?
    Thanks!

I had him about a month ago but honestly I didn’t like him that much.
    He was very weak, shooting was meh, and passing/crossing was subpar for me.
    So I sold him off to help fund TOTY Neymar.
    I might rebuy him if I get super bored and don’t know where else to upgrade, but there’s no plans atm to get him back. :)
  • DeanoZoff
    UP0CwtK.jpg

Whats Arthur like @MaddMike3711 ?

Been tempted to try him for a while now
  • hjdjydyufu
    8268 posts League Winner
    UP0CwtK.jpg

@MaddMike3711

Thanks!

I had him about a month ago but honestly I didn’t like him that much.
    He was very weak, shooting was meh, and passing/crossing was subpar for me.
    So I sold him off to help fund TOTY Neymar.
    I might rebuy him if I get super bored and don’t know where else to upgrade, but there’s no plans atm to get him back. :)
    Got it
  • MaddMike3711
    UP0CwtK.jpg

Whats Arthur like @MaddMike3711 ?

Been tempted to try him for a while now
    Easily in my top 5 favorite cards this year! I’m not sure if you ever used the old TOTY Xavi cards from past FIFA’s, but he’s probably the closest thing I can remember to him.
    Decent enough pace, fantastic shooting in and around the box, amazing dribbling, and his passing is out of this world. He can pick out a through ball from miles away.

I would definitely give him a try if you can fit him in. Absolutely love him! :)
  • hjdjydyufu
    8268 posts League Winner
    edited March 15
    Heres my team and my bench. I'd like to go full Brazil in the attack but I'd miss CR7 too much. May do it soon before TOTS. If Felipe gets another upgrade I will probs start him and maybe Talisca. Him and Ibra make for good subs right now tho.

Screenshot-20190315-105840.png

Screenshot-20190315-105857.png
  • RebelRob
    5309 posts Big Money Move
    New team, hoping Mbappe does the business as I’ve been lead to believe.

B4368683-604-F-4-B4-D-8-E17-33-CA78-AAF6-AC.png
  • Tsarov
    3706 posts National Call-Up
    RebelRob wrote: »

VVD and Lala from red player picks. Nice one, especially VVD.
  • RebelRob
    Cheers @Tsarov was pretty lucky tbh. The rest have been pretty appalling though so was due a bit of luck in between I guess.
  • DeanoZoff
    Heres my team and my bench. I'd like to go full Brazil in the attack but I'd miss CR7 too much. May do it soon before TOTS. If Felipe gets another upgrade I will probs start him and maybe Talisca. Him and Ibra make for good subs right now tho.

Emre Can as ram?
  • Rb10119
    1951 posts Play-Off Hero
    RebelRob wrote: »

Not sure how he will play on 1 chem :trollface:
  • Lord_Begley
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    9vk1fl.jpg
  • Jfo88
    22669 posts Club Captain
    9vk1fl.jpg

Can afford that team but only 2 bars of connection :trollface:
  • Sixtech
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    @RebelRob Well dont worry about Mbappe he is better than Raul. Im currently using Raul at CAM but i tried him at LCAM some games and he was decent.

Mbappe is just on another level on counter attacks, his pace/strength combination is perfect for through balls. I hope you enjoy him.
  • WFCBagnall
    71276 posts Moderator
    9vk1fl.jpg

Only 94 Maldini?

Peasant.
  • Lord_Begley
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    9vk1fl.jpg

Only 94 Maldini?

Peasant.

Lol. I used 95 Maldini and honestly didn’t notice a difference. Total waste. The Optimus primes are just a way of screwing people who have saved up base icons for the SBC’s, they don’t add any other value to the game. I’ve made the decision I will not be buying anymore of them.
  • hjdjydyufu
    8268 posts League Winner

Emre Can as ram?

@DeanoZoff

Naw. He is there for chem and I go 41212(2) but I don't like it as much as 4231. Felipe Anderson or Ibra comes on for him.
  • WFCBagnall
    71276 posts Moderator
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    9vk1fl.jpg

Only 94 Maldini?

Peasant.

Lol. I used 95 Maldini and honestly didn’t notice a difference. Total waste. The Optimus primes are just a way of screwing people who have saved up base icons for the SBC’s, they don’t add any other value to the game. I’ve made the decision I will not be buying anymore of them.

Only joking mate, unreal squad :)
  • RebelRob
    Sixtech wrote: »
    @RebelRob Well dont worry about Mbappe he is better than Raul. Im currently using Raul at CAM but i tried him at LCAM some games and he was decent.

Mbappe is just on another level on counter attacks, his pace/strength combination is perfect for through balls. I hope you enjoy him.

Cheers @Sixtech I’m sure I will. Raul has been decent for me so any improvement will be dangerous for any opponents! I’ve only played against him once, and although the player was pretty average Mbappe seems ridiculously fast and he still scored a goal where he basically ran past everyone lol.