Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 14
    Think I'm done with my team now, no more upgrades unless something very special comes out, if I can save enough coins to get PIM Cruyff that would be great (or his SBC so I can dump untradeable baby Cruyff into it).

Not that happy with baby Van Der Sar in goal but I need him to get VVD on full chem. Might take a look at TOTY De Gea once my investments are gone as VVD on 8 chem with Shadow still almost maxes his defensive stats, nerfs his speed a little.

Starting 11:
    L7bfSzr.jpg

Subs:
    YFArnXn.jpg

Reserves:
    XuyqwLC.jpg

Love Petit, all over the pitch, strong, great tackling, passing and incredible at intercepting. He works so well with Pogba.

Still getting used to Del Piero but his positioning and movement are top class, always finding space and has a lovely shot on him.
  • limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move
    @ASX that’s a great looking team. I’m thinking of buying Raul back. He seems to be one of the most complete striker for me. Good in the air etc. I’m bought 94 Cruyff but I feel my team does miss a target man of some sorts.
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    limjitwe wrote: »
    @ASX that’s a great looking team. I’m thinking of buying Raul back. He seems to be one of the most complete striker for me. Good in the air etc. I’m bought 94 Cruyff but I feel my team does miss a target man of some sorts.

I love Raul, his left foot is deadly from almost any range, good heading, dribbling, passing and he's fairly strong.

• Nivaze
    2319 posts Fans' Favourite
    ASX wrote: »
    Think I'm done with my team now, no more upgrades unless something very special comes out, if I can save enough coins to get PIM Cruyff that would be great (or his SBC so I can dump untradeable baby Cruyff into it).

Not that happy with baby Van Der Sar in goal but I need him to get VVD on full chem. Might take a look at TOTY De Gea once my investments are gone as VVD on 8 chem with Shadow still almost maxes his defensive stats, nerfs his speed a little.

Starting 11:
    L7bfSzr.jpg

Subs:
    YFArnXn.jpg

Reserves:
    XuyqwLC.jpg

Love Petit, all over the pitch, strong, great tackling, passing and incredible at intercepting. He works so well with Pogba.

Still getting used to Del Piero but his positioning and movement are top class, always finding space and has a lovely shot on him.

What a team mate, must play amazing!
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nivaze wrote: »

Starting 11:
    L7bfSzr.jpg

Subs:
    YFArnXn.jpg

Reserves:
    XuyqwLC.jpg

It is super fun to play with, especially with the 442(2). So many chances created, tricky players in the right places, solid midfield and defence.

I could do with a slightly taller/stronger striker instead of Raul to hold up play. Tried PIM Van Nistelrooy but didn't work out, might have to give him another go but Raul is deadly.
  • Nivaze

Starting 11:
    L7bfSzr.jpg

Subs:
    YFArnXn.jpg

Reserves:
    XuyqwLC.jpg

It is super fun to play with, especially with the 442(2). So many chances created, tricky players in the right places, solid midfield and defence.

I could do with a slightly taller/stronger striker instead of Raul to hold up play. Tried PIM Van Nistelrooy but didn't work out, might have to give him another go but Raul is deadly.

I’ve heard really good things about Raul, and I personally prefer a left footed and rightfooted striker in attack so he probably makes a great partnership with Cruyff. I really wish I could afford Cruyff as he’s the GOAT of dutch football.
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero

Starting 11:
    L7bfSzr.jpg

Subs:
    YFArnXn.jpg

Reserves:
    XuyqwLC.jpg

I’ve heard really good things about Raul, and I personally prefer a left footed and rightfooted striker in attack so he probably makes a great partnership with Cruyff. I really wish I could afford Cruyff as he’s the GOAT of dutch football.

I was lucky, packed Cruyff in my first base icon sbc. Stopped after that one :)

He feels much better than an 89 card, can't imagine how his Prime and Moments cards feel.
  • IAIK7
    3376 posts National Call-Up

Starting 11:
    L7bfSzr.jpg

Subs:
    YFArnXn.jpg

Reserves:
    XuyqwLC.jpg

Awesome team. How's Cannavaro?
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    IAIK7 wrote: »

Starting 11:
    L7bfSzr.jpg

Subs:
    YFArnXn.jpg

Reserves:
    XuyqwLC.jpg

Best way I can describe him is a more powerful better tackling version of IF Kante but as a defender. Always snapping into tackles and closing down, ridiculous jumping.

With an engine chem he feels great with 90+ agility, balance and reactions. High acceleration too.

• Jdreew
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Finally lads!! EA thought I was worthy enough to pack a 84+ red card in my rewards! Got Ben Yedder! Freed up coins to upgrade elsewhere.
  • limjitwe
    Jdreew wrote: »
    Finally lads!! EA thought I was worthy enough to pack a 84+ red card in my rewards! Got Ben Yedder! Freed up coins to upgrade elsewhere.

Congrats. I wanted YBY as well. But alas I got Pepe which I think is decent.
  • limjitwe

Starting 11:
    L7bfSzr.jpg

Subs:
    YFArnXn.jpg

Reserves:
    XuyqwLC.jpg

He feels much better than an 89 card, can't imagine how his Prime and Moments cards feel.

Trying 94 Cruyff for this WL to partner Aguero. So far after aronnd 8 games. He’s scored 7 for me and aronnd 8 assists. He’s is great on the dribble and passes. But I feel Raul seem to have more presence in the box and scoring headers and scoring from cut backs than Cruyff.
  • IAIK7
    3376 posts National Call-Up

Starting 11:
    L7bfSzr.jpg

Subs:
    YFArnXn.jpg

Reserves:
    XuyqwLC.jpg

Best way I can describe him is a more powerful better tackling version of IF Kante but as a defender. Always snapping into tackles and closing down, ridiculous jumping.

With an engine chem he feels great with 90+ agility, balance and reactions. High acceleration too.

My biggest concern about him is his lack of height. Is his jumping really good enough to mitigate that weakness?
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero

Starting 11:
    L7bfSzr.jpg

Subs:
    YFArnXn.jpg

Reserves:
    XuyqwLC.jpg

My biggest concern about him is his lack of height. Is his jumping really good enough to mitigate that weakness?

98 jumping and 93 heading accuracy without chem.

I think he would struggle against the likes of Ronaldo or Ibra but I've not noticed a problem and I've faced those players a few times since I've had him.

I'll keep an eye on him against the big players this weekend and let you know.
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    limjitwe wrote: »

Starting 11:
    L7bfSzr.jpg

Subs:
    YFArnXn.jpg

Reserves:
    XuyqwLC.jpg

Trying 94 Cruyff for this WL to partner Aguero. So far after aronnd 8 games. He’s scored 7 for me and aronnd 8 assists. He’s is great on the dribble and passes. But I feel Raul seem to have more presence in the box and scoring headers and scoring from cut backs than Cruyff.

His balance is fairly low on his 89 card, along with low strength its easy for him to get knocked off the ball but if you catch it right he can skip past players with ease. I find his fake shot skill amazing, around defenders and keepers with ease.

Raul definitely has the presence. Hes not that strong but I use Marksman chem to boost it and his balance is 92. It's hard to knock him off balance. He really feels like the complete striker...if he was 2-3" taller he'd be unstoppable :)
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 14
    @ASX how highly do you rate Pogba? Am debating wether to get Pogba or Mbappe first, whats your take?

Gonna wait until tonights sbc to upgrade the team, hopefully there ll be a good spanish player that slots into the team
  • Nivaze
    Why didn’t they update the price on SIF WBY, I can’t build my squad now...
  • Jdreew
    Seandimes wrote: »
    @ASX how highly do you rate Pogba? Am debating wether to get Pogba or Mbappe first, whats your take?

Gonna wait until tonights sbc to upgrade the team, hopefully there ll be a good spanish player that slots into the team

Not to butt in. I had HL Pogba along with 93 Maths and he was great in the midfield. Only upgrade to him honestly is Gullit which you recommended to me.
  • Nivaze
    What chem styles you guys would put on Petit? Engine or Shadow?
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 14
    Seandimes wrote: »

I couldn't imagine him not being in my team.

I would rank him up there with Petit; Not as good on the defensive side as Petit but with an Shadow chem he gets close. His passing his exceptional and his dribbling is good too. He has that body type along with his high interceptions (with Shadow chem) he intercepts a lot. Tall with high jumping and decent heading accuracy he wins most midfield headers.

Don't forget 5* skill moves and 4* WF.

The only thing I can't get him to do is score more, based on his stats you'd think he'd be smashing in long shots all the time but most go high/wide. If I use 91 Hamsik in the same role he rarely misses. Not sure what the problem is.
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 14

I use Engine to get his balance, dribbling and speed up. Going to try anchor too at some point.

I think his base tackling and interception stats (92) are high enough already, using Shadow or Anchor is a bit of a waste imo.
  • Nivaze

I use Engine to get his balance, dribbling and speed up. Going to try anchor too at some point.

I think his base tackling and interception stats (92) are high enough already, using Shadow or Anchor is a bit of a waste imo.

Yeah, I feel like Engine is the best option too. I tried his loan one and even with engine he turned pretty slow, I wasn’t really impressed at first but I noticed his influence once I took him out of the squad.

His longshots are also pretty good, where Pogba’s longshots are weird at times like you mentioned before Petit scored me a few over the 10 games.
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 14
    One thing I noticed is that aggression stat seems to be very important for CDM.

Petit has 92, same as IF Kante and he's very aggressive in tackles/intercepting.

Not sure exactly what it means but I notice a big difference when I have Hamsik starting (60 aggression), he just doesn't get stuck in to tackles.

Ages ago I had Prime Keane (96 aggression) and IF Kante (91 aggression) in CDM roles and they would win loads of tackles and interceptions, like a wall of legs and feet in front of the back four.
  • Nivaze
    Agreed, I also notice that with strikers who have high aggression. They seem to intercept alot and they seem to win more 50/50s.
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 14
    Agreed, I also notice that with strikers who have high aggression. They seem to intercept alot and they seem to win more 50/50s.

I think it's a key stat for this formation (and one that maybe people overlook a bit in general) where you sometimes don't have the chance to have a lot of possession; If you can win the ball back on the half way area with someone like Petit who has high aggression and great passing it can help create chances.

I did the Talisca challenge with the aim of using him as a box to box midfielder but with low interceptions, low aggression and low tackling he doesn't work at all. People compare him to Pogba but theres no comparison imo, I'll probably only use Talisca if I change formation at some point.
  • Nivaze

I think it's a key stat for this formation (and one that maybe people overlook a bit) where you sometimes don't have the chance to have a lot of possession; If you can win the ball back on the half way area with someone like Petit who has high aggression and great passing it can help create chances.

Yeah often I intercept the ball in midfield and I basically only have to give a throught ball to my strikers and I’m 1v1 against the goalkeeper.

But yeah in the current state of the game it’s still a 50/50 wether you score or not unless you outplay the keeper or do a sweaty pass to the other striker.
  • SJR440
    4309 posts National Call-Up
    @Seandimes Might have to make a difficult decision and list my Henry. I just, I can't get him to work for me. His card reflects nothing like he used to play like in real life and I'm just getting so frustrated with his late runs and weird finishing.

Just is not working for me :/
  • Jdreew
    Couple questions how do you rate OTW Mahrez over Mbappe? Which icon striker has same off ball movement as Yedder?
  • nextqprmanager
    3324 posts National Call-Up

I think it's a key stat for this formation (and one that maybe people overlook a bit in general) where you sometimes don't have the chance to have a lot of possession; If you can win the ball back on the half way area with someone like Petit who has high aggression and great passing it can help create chances.

I did the Talisca challenge with the aim of using him as a box to box midfielder but with low interceptions, low aggression and low tackling he doesn't work at all. People compare him to Pogba but theres no comparison imo, I'll probably only use Talisca if I change formation at some point.

I agree with aggression. It seems the Scream Cards are the best !
    I was thinking a while back making a Pepe & Dias Team, maybe Caceres. I have Mascherano who is good - just a sub atm.
    Anyone tried / can help please?
  • Nivaze
    edited March 14
    Jdreew wrote: »
    Couple questions how do you rate OTW Mahrez over Mbappe? Which icon striker has same off ball movement as Yedder?

I played with OTW Mahrez for a while as I have him untradeable and he was pretty good. Not the fastest but better dribbling and passing than Mbappe IMO, but his M/M workrates can be annoying.

That’s the only thing I don’t like about Mbappe, his passing can be annoying at times.

This actually reminds me that I could sell Mbappe and get Mahrez back in and get prime Butra up top!