Socrates

Bevlarrrr
982 posts Professional
edited March 12
Thinking of getting the 89 version but playing him CM in 41212(2) would he be wasted there ? I like the look of his height, pass and the 5* weak foot

Comments

• Bevlarrrr
    982 posts Professional
    Bump
  • Djkhalid1921
    9279 posts League Winner
    i did not like 91 socrates, he felt clunky. At cm would be terrible, esp if ur going 89
  • Bevlarrrr
    982 posts Professional
    i did not like 91 socrates, he felt clunky. At cm would be terrible, esp if ur going 89

Clunky ? Strange that. I did think he might be a bit of a waste at CM, think I may go for 88 Seedorf instead. You recommend any icon CM’s ? Around 800k ish
  • Djkhalid1921
    9279 posts League Winner
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »

Clunky ? Strange that. I did think he might be a bit of a waste at CM, think I may go for 88 Seedorf instead. You recommend any icon CM’s ? Around 800k ish

does it have to be an icon? only the top tier icons are worth their value (having used a few of them) imo, and esp at this stage in the game
  • Bevlarrrr
    982 posts Professional

does it have to be an icon? only the top tier icons are worth their value (having used a few of them) imo, and esp at this stage in the game
    Need 1 icon to link with Zlatan to get that 8 chem to him, I’ve alreay got 90 Makelele at CDM but that’s to link with 91 Griezzy so need another ideally
  • Djkhalid1921
    9279 posts League Winner
    show ur team
  • Bevlarrrr
    982 posts Professional
    show ur team

4900-EE16-9573-4-E56-B7-D9-B5760-A46-C8-CB.png

That’s it mate, before kick off. I’ve got Alonso if need be to have over Grimaldo
  • Djkhalid1921
    9279 posts League Winner
    show ur team

That’s it mate, before kick off. I’ve got Alonso if need be to have over Grimaldo

a lot harder than i thought :lol:
  • Bevlarrrr
    982 posts Professional
    edited March 13
    show ur team

a lot harder than i thought :lol:
    Haha yep ! Even tried going 5 at the back, I needed that France link for Griezzy. I was thinking tho my choices for the other spot were 88 Seedorf, 86 Ruud, 88 Petit or 89 Ballack
    I haven’t heard very good things about that 86 Ruud, 89 Ballack looks a good choice but his work rate worries me
  • Tennster10
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would say so. He doesn’t have any defendsive stat at all.
  • Bevlarrrr
    982 posts Professional
    Tennster10 wrote: »
    I would say so. He doesn’t have any defendsive stat at all.
    I’ve gone for 88 Seedorf for now, see what he’s like
  • Sterve
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    85 blanc maybe
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2608 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used 89 Socrates at CM for around 200 games and thought he was class. Did everything I needed him to do.

I've recently upgraded to the 91, playing him at RCM again and he's been even better. In my experience he's not wasted there at all.

I'd at least give him a go if I were you.
  • Bevlarrrr
    982 posts Professional
    I used 89 Socrates at CM for around 200 games and thought he was class. Did everything I needed him to do.

I've recently upgraded to the 91, playing him at RCM again and he's been even better. In my experience he's not wasted there at all.

I'd at least give him a go if I were you.

If I can’t get along with Seedorf then I’ll give him a spin, I’ll be playing the WL this weekend then I’m away for 2 weeks so I might buy him when I build another team, cheers for the input
  • Bevlarrrr
    982 posts Professional
    Sterve wrote: »
    85 blanc maybe

I was debating the 91 CB and playing him at CDM
  • I used mid Socrates and I didn’t really like him.

I was bored and did the pim and he is top drawer at cam. 12 games 12 goals 18 assists. I don’t think he is a cm though.
  • Jonboyparker
    5275 posts Big Money Move
    85 blanc maybe

I was using 85 Blanc at CM in a 41212(2) but didn’t like him. I made my team feel very defensive.

I wanted to do Scorates sbc but I’m in need of a CM. This is why I’m not doing him.
  • Jonboyparker
    5275 posts Big Money Move
    I used mid Socrates and I didn’t really like him.

I was bored and did the pim and he is top drawer at cam. 12 games 12 goals 18 assists. I don’t think he is a cm though.

What formation and position? He looks like a great cam but too much like Ibra for ST. I have too many ccams to do him :(
  • Bevlarrrr
    982 posts Professional
    Looks like he’d be better as a CAM then, exactly what I was thinking to be fair, I’ll try 88 Seedorf and go from there
  • Sterve
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Matthaus is class also as an option
  • Bevlarrrr
    982 posts Professional

Ye I had the 88 for over 100 games, thought I’d try someone different, loved Matthaus tho to be fair
  • starfox1284
    1570 posts Play-Off Hero
    I used mid Socrates and I didn’t really like him.

The PIM is great for me at CDM, CM, CAM, and ST with Shadow Chem.
  • Shakkour
    216 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just did his SBC yesterday and wow. One of the best icon i ever used this year
    This’s my team and I change it to 433(4) with Socrates as CAM
    8-B035-ADB-27-B6-4493-9-DF6-85-DFD7-C749-A9.jpg[img][/img]
  • LaVendetta16
    87 posts Park Captain

Ye I had the 88 for over 100 games, thought I’d try someone different, loved Matthaus tho to be fair
    Socrates would propably do a decent job as CM but I think he would be wasted as CM/CDM.
    He is a really nice CAM/CF/ST though
  • Thehubby
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero
    Prime Larsson is great at cm with his high high WRs and can score and great with his head
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    Thinking of getting the 89 version but playing him CM in 41212(2) would he be wasted there ? I like the look of his height, pass and the 5* weak foot

CM? why do people think he will work at CM?
  • Pow_patrol70
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Best chem for 92 socrates?
    Play cam or cf
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2608 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 13
    hayhor1 wrote: »

Worked beautifully for me in there, as long as there's a decent CDM in the mix as well he's an absolute tank at CM.
  • I used mid Socrates and I didn’t really like him.

What formation and position? He looks like a great cam but too much like Ibra for ST. I have too many ccams to do him :(

4-3-1-2 I bought his mid at 1.8 mil and didn’t think he was worth the coins. It was a combo of workrate, poor balance and being slow on the turn.

The pim is h/m so he gets around more. He also seems much more agile and strong. The shooting and passing were not the issue before, but are a noticeable upgrade on his best card!
  • Bevlarrrr
    982 posts Professional
    hayhor1 wrote: »

I’ve got Messi at CAM and thought I’d try someone different, I went for 88 Seedorf, only played a few games with him and he seems a beast to be fair