Do you believe in broken cards?

Burchy
1792 posts Play-Off Hero
I’ve had this with a few cards over the years of playing Fifa.

I have had CR7 3 times this year, first time I couldn’t fault him. Scored all sorts of goals and made really good runs in behind players and into space.

Sold him to try some different players and mix it up a little. Ended up buying him again and honestly he was a different player! Couldn’t score or pass or get him involved with the game. I played over 30 games with him and he was rubbish. Ended up selling him again.

After a month of not using him I thought I’d buy him again. Well this card I bought seems to score all sorts again and is fantastic! Couldn’t fault him.

I’ve had this with a few cards throughout Fifa. Anyone else feel this with players? I get that lag, custom tactics, servers etc can have a effect but I do think some cards are broken.

(Takes tinfoil hat off) :D

Comments

• DevineAaron
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Salah for me. Barely got involved meanwhile mane on the other wing was scoring all over the place.
  • CheeseSlice
    2095 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2019
    in fifa 11 i had a down graded wallyson bronze card....cost 700k and we was broken ....in a good way... also broken in a good way was nilmar fifa 12...m

broken in.a bad way is... the majority of high rated cards that cant do simple passes
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    edited March 2019
    I don't believe in broken cards but I velieve that the old 'morale' system from the early editions didn't get removed properly and possibly still has an effect in the engine..

That system was broken hard back then.. if someone quit on you your players lost morale despite winning.. a few rq in a row and your player's were in a state of 'unplayable'. Was almost impossible to get back up..

With the history of that game I wouldn't be surprised if the frecked that one up..

Same as 'consistency' and 'composure' were once 'hidden stats' - morale could be still in there.. wouldn't put anything past EA at this point..
  • Whitebeard
    3444 posts National Call-Up
    bberger wrote: »
    I don't believe in broken cards but I velieve that the old 'morale' system from the early editions didn't get removed properly and possibly still has an effect in the engine..

That system was broken hard back then.. if someone quit on you your players lost morale despite winning.. a few rq in a row and your player's were in a state of 'unplayable'. Was almost impossible to get back up..

With the history of that game I wouldn't be surprised if the frecked that one up..
    Honestly, it really could be the case.
    EA claimed certain things over and over until people proved otherwise. Who knows what broken lines of code still exist in the game.
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    Thing is.. while they changed the physics and graphics engine (Ignite.. Frostbite.. etc) they sure as hell didn't re-code the logic part of the game as we still have the same flaws we had 10 years ago (Kickoff goals anyone..?! 45th 90th stuff etc).
  • Burchy
    1792 posts Play-Off Hero
    bberger wrote: »

Same as 'consistency' and 'composure' were once 'hidden stats' - morale could be still in there.. wouldn't put anything past EA at this point..

Some good points!

I’ve seen on here years back someone wouldn’t buy a card that had loads of games played on it as it would mean the cards “worn out”

I don’t think stats have anything to do with game play personally. But I do feel some cards of a player are bad/good
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    VDS. Mine is 100% broken.
  • BSDShoes
    3212 posts National Call-Up
    Yes, before the upgrade UCL Allan, UCL Emre Can, UCL Verdi perform way above their ratings. There's several other broken cards too.