UNFAIR MATCHMAKING!

maw132124
107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I am aware that you play against opponents on the same number of wins but I dont believe that there isn't someone with a squad similar to mine also searching for a game. Its so frustrating having an 85 rated squad with no player above 300k and coming up against teams that are 89+ rated where their cheapest player is 500k and they have TOTY's, Icons CR7. How is this fair?

It makes the game feel pointless, What's the point in playing if im just going to get destroyed which therefore means I cant get the coins to improve my team without buying fifa points. Its just a constant loop.

Comments

• AlbinoXI
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    Although I don’t agree with your specific complaint as I think the whole idea is to build an ultimate team to go up against anyone, I do agree matchmaking was awful this weekend
  • maw132124
    sheffutd87 wrote: »
    The whole point in the game mode is to try and get a better team.

If they stop better teams matching lower rated teams it defeats the whole object of the mode.

If you want to match people with same team rating them perhaps consider online seasons.

I cant get a better team because I just get destroyed every weekend, get 30k and pack no one. In response to your second point, Why do i never play against teams lower rated than mine then?
  • number7rocky
    4034 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 9
    Your average player has a lot of coins, getting, 100k-200k a week. It wouldn't be fair if you only played lesser teams because your team isnt up to scratch would it? Why would anyone bother upgrading you team...
  • maw132124
    AlbinoXI wrote: »
    Although I don’t agree with your specific complaint as I think the whole idea is to build an ultimate team to go up against anyone, I do agree matchmaking was awful this weekend

How can I improve my team when I never pack anyone and cant get above gold 3 as I just get destroyed every weekend and get bad rewards. I would play Div Rivals but I dont have the time.
  • Raider
    3418 posts National Call-Up
    Gotta agree, it's so much p2w now that it's hard to build a competitive team not spending fp since rewards are shocking
  • number7rocky
    edited March 9
    maw132124 wrote: »

How can I improve my team when I never pack anyone and cant get above gold 3 as I just get destroyed every weekend and get bad rewards. I would play Div Rivals but I dont have the time.

Player skill is always the most important thing, a better team may get a couple extra wins (gold 2) at a push but it won't make you gold 1 or above
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10657 posts Has That Special Something
    Raider wrote: »
    Gotta agree, it's so much p2w now that it's hard to build a competitive team not spending fp since rewards are shocking

I agree the game is more p2w this year than ever but you can still have a great team without buying FPs. My team is worth over 5m and I have another couple of million worth of stuff in the club and I haven't spent a penny.
  • sheffutd87
    2984 posts National Call-Up

If they stop better teams matching lower rated teams it defeats the whole object of the mode.

If you want to match people with same team rating them perhaps consider online seasons.

I cant get a better team because I just get destroyed every weekend, get 30k and pack no one. In response to your second point, Why do i never play against teams lower rated than mine then?

So yeah you would like your silver 1, gold 3. You need to practise. An 85 rated squad with players worth upto 300k is perfectly capable of getting gold 1 with a decent player.

Gold 1 and rank 1 rivals every week can easily get a couple hundred k a week. Trade a bit with that and you have yourself a great team too.

WL is the most competitive mode, where the best players play with the best teams. I still see teams that are majority NIF though. For the first 10 games or so.

Sounds like you get a few wins, match better players. Lose a few games, blame the matchmaking rather than your ability. I can use a 10 m team or a 500k team and finish within a couple of wins of whichever.
  • Aguy9916
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I honestly don't believe in p2w until it gets really extreme... I had a decent 89 rated team when I played FUT and I honestly worried more when I came up against an average all gold team.

I won most of my games against squads much higher or equal to mine... most of my losses came against lower rated squads.
  • maw132124

Player skill is always the most important thing, a better team may get a couple extra wins (gold 2) at a push but it won't make you gold 1 or above

Trust me it would, I have already lost 2 or 3 games this weekend due to my opponent having a better squad. For example, my HL Arnautovic doesn't finish every shot, whereas my opponent's CR7 does. It means he can have 1 chance in the match and score whereas I have to create 4 or 5 just to get one on target. If I had CR7 I can assure you I would get at least gold 1

• AlbinoXI
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero

I make 100k+ a week playing 25 ish weekend league games and 2/3 squad battles games on legendary haven’t touched rivals for ages, I struggled to beat a silver squad last week with a 90 rated squad during weekend league, if you are good enough you will win simple as that(obviously certain factors effect results)
  • truegunn3r
    8597 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 9

30k gets you some very decent 86-88 rated players. By now you should have had a full squad of them if you get 30k each week and that’s without spending a penny on FP.

The reason why you don’t play lower rated teams is because it’s almost impossible to be stuck on low rateds squads with all the rewards EA give out each week. Unfortunately, your in the minority who shockingly is still stuck on 85
  • maw132124
    edited March 9
    truegunn3r wrote: »

30k gets you some very decent 86-88 rated players. By now you should have had a full squad of them if you get 30k each week and that’s without spending a penny on FP.

My team is decent, but 30k a week is not sufficient to have a squad with TOTY's, Icons so on. My team is at a point where the only significant upgrades would be these type of players.
  • maw132124
    edited March 9

I make 100k+ a week playing 25 ish weekend league games and 2/3 squad battles games on legendary haven’t touched rivals for ages, I struggled to beat a silver squad last week with a 90 rated squad during weekend league, if you are good enough you will win simple as that(obviously certain factors effect results)

As I said, I dont have time during the week, the only mode I can play is FUT Champs which only gives me at the most 50k a week which is nowhere near enough to make major improvements to my team

Even if i did make 100k a week, that is still at least 15-20 weeks, almost half a year just to get a NIF CR7
  • AlbinoXI
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero

My team is decent, but 30k a week is not sufficient to have a squad with TOTY's, Icons so on.

my squad is

Courtois
    Ffs mendy, Toty Varane, Ramos, Hdliner lala
    Prime Keane
    De bruyne, prime ballack
    Neymar
    Prime best, prime Raul

I get beat by 400k and under teams every week without fail
  • CfcBlue
    3396 posts National Call-Up
    I sometimes face teams with nothing but gold players and they beat me. So it’s mostly how good the player is and not so much the matchmaking MOST of the time. There is a lot of BS as well though.
  • maw132124
    CfcBlue wrote: »
    I sometimes face teams with nothing but gold players and they beat me. So it’s mostly how good the player is and not so much the matchmaking MOST of the time. There is a lot of BS as well though.

My team is decent, but 30k a week is not sufficient to have a squad with TOTY's, Icons so on.

my squad is

Courtois
    Ffs mendy, Toty Varane, Ramos, Hdliner lala
    Prime Keane
    De bruyne, prime ballack
    Neymar
    Prime best, prime Raul

I get beat by 400k and under teams every week without fail

I am not just saying this, I can honestly say I beat 90% of teams that are similar rated to mine, for example the first 10 games or so I usually go 9-1 or 8-2. Whilst I understand that I play against better players for the next 10 games, I go 5-5. It is usually in these 10 games where I just get destroyed by better teams and never come up against teams similar to mine. So far this week I have not played against a team lower than 86 but I still beat all my 86 opponents, 3/4 of my 87 opponents.

I played against a guy with a 40m team and lost on penalties. If i had a team that was even close to his I assure you I would have beaten him
  • number7rocky

Trust me it would, I have already lost 2 or 3 games this weekend due to my opponent having a better squad. For example, my HL Arnautovic doesn't finish every shot, whereas my opponent's CR7 does. It means he can have 1 chance in the match and score whereas I have to create 4 or 5 just to get one on target. If I had CR7 I can assure you I would get at least gold 1

No it would not, go ahead and kid yourself if you like. One player/ Team doesn't carry anyone from gold 3 to 1. Even if a better team can get you a couple extra wins early on and a better record your standard of opponents would increase and you'd start to lose again regardless of your team.

Plenty of people have Ronaldo and get gold 3/2 he doesn't carry you 2 ranks above your level.
  • Forca-Barca
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    You get what you put into the game. I spent the first few months trading up until Toty and had 8 million coins. Blew it all just trying squads out. I don’t trade anymore because it took a lot of time so now I’m broke lol
  • SP300x
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I am aware that you play against opponents on the same number of wins but I dont believe that there isn't someone with a squad similar to mine also searching for a game. Its so frustrating having an 85 rated squad with no player above 300k and coming up against teams that are 89+ rated where their cheapest player is 500k and they have TOTY's, Icons CR7. How is this fair?

It makes the game feel pointless, What's the point in playing if im just going to get destroyed which therefore means I cant get the coins to improve my team without buying fifa points. Its just a constant loop.

Amen to this. Started with an 8 game win streak then was getting matched up with them constantly for 10 games straight (losing almost each time)
  • SP300x
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I got matched up with people with prime R9, fulll TOTY / Icon squads was just ridiculous.
  • Foxsake
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    Raider wrote: »

Exactly this and it will kill a lot of the community for next years fifa
  • maw132124
    edited March 10
    lol, Literally just got my first gold 1 of this FIFA.

@number7rocky, @sheffutd87, Guess I am good at the game then. Only came up against one team similar to mine but still managed to go 20-8. Cant wait to get no-one on thursday.
  • Gnomenclature
    2205 posts Fans' Favourite

I have an all icon squad... 84 gold squads smoke me all the time. It's the player with the controller, not the player with the ball.

The difference between 84 golds and 90+ icons is minimal. It's not like going from 74 to 84... certainly some players are very special, but most icons are just novelty imo.
  • I only have 4 wins so far, and I was just matched against a guy with 8 icons, and Tory kante, and fs vinicious.
    To make things worse, he paused right away when in the game. Lol, for what? Sub in ibra?
    Of course, I disconnected right away, no need to waste my time on that .
  • maw132124

I have an all icon squad... 84 gold squads smoke me all the time. It's the player with the controller, not the player with the ball.

The difference between 84 golds and 90+ icons is minimal. It's not like going from 74 to 84... certainly some players are very special, but most icons are just novelty imo.

I'm just saying that in tight games where small margins are the difference between winning and losing, having a an Icon who will finish the majority of their chances can be the difference. The majority of the matches are based on player skill but its the games where there is a little skill difference to opponent, they manage to win due to having a better team that annoys me.
  • maw132124
    I only have 4 wins so far, and I was just matched against a guy with 8 icons, and Tory kante, and fs vinicious.
    To make things worse, he paused right away when in the game. Lol, for what? Sub in ibra?

Fair enough :D
  • Gnomenclature
    2205 posts Fans' Favourite
    I only have 4 wins so far, and I was just matched against a guy with 8 icons, and Tory kante, and fs vinicious.

I'm a d6 player, I rarely play weekend league. The quality of players is much higher than other modes. I finished 12 and 18. That's my best finish yet... there is so much gamesmanship too. Do we really need to watch EVERY yellow card replay and take full time on pauses? People also pause right before you take a corner kick...
  • Djkhalid1921
    9263 posts League Winner
    edited March 10
    Just cause they have an amazing team doesn’t mean they’re good.

Got matched with this guy and absolutely smashed him, he rage quit at 4-0:

ace8968eb6b404be1f07fce1823096a4.jpg

a28859b03e21687bc96a3a6b8b97ebf9.jpg

ebd905951bff03b0067b2779c50ff771.jpg