The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• dannyboy
    12977 posts Has That Special Something
    Reading cheating again, game's gone
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Lost but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Can't wait until the season ends so Sheridan can build a proper side.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Captained Vardy on Fantasy for today. It's almost like we can't defend. It's still Parker's job to lose, but the 1st Half today was as bad as we've played all season and Liverpool and City next will well and truly knock any sort of positivity Parker's appointment generated within the squad.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited March 2019
    8 games left of this miserable season. Probably be officially relegated with 4 or 5 games left with the teams above us actually putting up a fight and us having absolutely no hope in our next two. Happy Reading won, need Reading and Millwall to stay up over Wigan or Rotherham. They're at least games I can do easily next season.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4184 posts National Call-Up
    Fantastic win, as I say every week league one relegation is getting messy, all 4 teams that started in the relegation zone won today x
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    dannyboy wrote: »

Gobshite
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4370 posts National Call-Up
    8 games left of this miserable season. Probably be officially relegated with 4 or 5 games left with the teams above us actually putting up a fight and us having absolutely no hope in our next two. Happy Reading won, need Reading and Millwall to stay up over Wigan or Rotherham. They're at least games I can do easily next season.

Wouldn't hold your breath.

I too can't wait for this season to end. I don't think I'll be going again until Harris has gone.
  • dannyboy
    Sabo wrote: »

Gobshite
    Takes one to know one
  • Andy99TradeZ
    17528 posts World Class
    big wins for FC United and Hereford today
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner

I too can't wait for this season to end. I don't think I'll be going again until Harris has gone.

My hope is that you've still got it in you to scrape a couple of 1-0 wins against the mid-upper mid-table. Don't think playing Bolton suits how you want to set up against a team.
  • Akinfenwaaaa

My hope is that you've still got it in you to scrape a couple of 1-0 wins against the mid-upper mid-table. Don't think playing Bolton suits how you want to set up against a team.

Birmingham, Leeds and West Brom our next three league games. Can see 3-0+ losses in each of those, morale will be dead in the water and I'm struggling to see where we'll pick up another point let alone a win.

Fans have turned on Harris now and I think it's at the point of no return. Even if we do somehow stay up this season, he needs to go. Or adapt. But he won't.
  • AaronMFC
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    We will be playoffs probably because of how poor this division is but i cant wait til Pulis is gone. Every time we take a step forward its three back. 1-0 up with half an hour to go fletcher and assombalonga both pressing and looking dangerous, subs off assombalonga for george friend and deservedly lose the game. Negativity echos through the team with awful decisions like that. Fair play to Brentford who were the better team and deserved the 3 points.
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    edited March 2019
    ac552bdbad151e1fcd75c421252cd389.png

:joy:

Edit: Poor Stevenage admin deleted the tweet. Can't hack it.
    Post edited by Karlos on
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner

Birmingham, Leeds and West Brom our next three league games. Can see 3-0+ losses in each of those, morale will be dead in the water and I'm struggling to see where we'll pick up another point let alone a win.

Fans have turned on Harris now and I think it's at the point of no return. Even if we do somehow stay up this season, he needs to go. Or adapt. But he won't.

Could get something from WBA and Birmingham to be fair. West Brom can't defend and have just dropped points to Ipswich and Birmingham are bipolar.
  • Akinfenwaaaa

Could get something from WBA and Birmingham to be fair. West Brom can't defend and have just dropped points to Ipswich and Birmingham are bipolar.

It all depends on the system we use. Went up to Derby in a 451, done a proper job on them and then switched back to 442.

I'd rather draw every single game for the rest of the season 0-0 than keep getting done 2-1, 3-1, 2-0 trying to play in the same system that has consistently failed us this season. But Harris is too stubborn and far too reliant on the poxy long diagonal to Morison/Elliott and hoping to get something off the second ball. Awful tactics.
  • Bland Poobah
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero

One of the biggest shithousings I've seen us do today, magnificent stuff. Also Bradley Dack must be the most overrated footballer in the championship, anonymous in both games we've played against season.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4184 posts National Call-Up
    Bradley Dack is the Graham Carey of the championship imo
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner

One of the biggest shithousings I've seen us do today, magnificent stuff. Also Bradley Dack must be the most overrated footballer in the championship, anonymous in both games we've played against season.

Said it on here last season after we played you away as well, if you get into the Top 6 I'd back you to go up. Just because of how awkward you are to play against. Doesn't seem to be a stand-out team in the mix either, other than the one who misses out from Sheffield Utd, Leeds and Norwich.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Dack has 11 goals and 5 assists. If that's over-rated, sign me up. :D
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator
    big wins for FC United and Hereford today

Massive for us. With 32 minutes to go we were 2- down and Ashton were drawing sucking us back into the relegation battle. By full time we’d won 4-2 and Ashton had lost moving us 9 points clear.

Huge result for FCUM as well. Reckon they’ll stay up now. Nuneaton, Ashton and Guiseley to go down.

If we beat Brackley in our game in hand on Tuesday we’ll only be 12 points off the playoffs with 8 to play. It’s very very unlikely but promotion is still possible. ;)
  • dannyboy
    Are Mills and Haysham still there
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    AtomicOdin wrote: »
    hope we don't get pumped today. first game I've been to in ages due to other commitments. posh don't really need to worry about new manager syndrome. last manager for us to win their first game was Robson in the early 2000's I think.

Oh
  • Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class
    I really struggle with the fact that Lee Brown is our 3rd best LB and he’s started virtually every game
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Portsmouth really not covering themselves in glory in this game, can't see them going up.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited March 2019
    Hope Pompey or Charlton win the Play-Offs. Be a bit boring if Barnsley AND Sunderland go up, could end up with pretty much the same set of teams that were in the league last season bar Wolves and Burton.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Hope Pompey or Charlton win the Play-Offs. Be a bit boring if Barnsley AND Sunderland go up, could end up with pretty much the same set of teams that were in the league last season bar Wolves and Burton.

If we stay up then I'd like Charlton to win play-offs. Otherwise, no. Usually a guaranteed 4 points minimum for us.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner

If we stay up then I'd like Charlton to win play-offs. Otherwise, no. Usually a guaranteed 4 points minimum for us.

I just want games I can go to basically. Luton's decent, but if the other two (assuming Luton don't completely bottle it) are Sunderland and Barnsley it's just a bit dead. Especially after the three promoted teams for this season were the three relegated ones the season before.

Was looking at all of the potential games on Google Maps the other day, of the ones in the Play-Off mix I'd probably do Coventry, Pompey, Charlton (obviously) and Peterborough. No chance I'd do Doncaster, Sunderland or Barnsley unless it was a massive end of season game. Blackpool would be a 50/50 depending on when it was.
  • Handy Andy
    6227 posts Big Money Move
    Sabo wrote: »

Gobshite

This post is right out of the top drawer
  • Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class
    Portsmouth really not covering themselves in glory in this game, can't see them going up.

Just awful, Jackett is just awful at the moment
    Playing Gareth Evans at CAM week in week out when he couldn’t even get in our L2 team and he hasn’t improved since then
    Naylor cannot pass at all which means that with Evans 2 of our 3 in the middle can’t pass
    Then plays Close with them who can only pass but obviously is way worse because he hasn’t got people to pass with
    We have probably 6 low championship players and 5 low league one players dragging them down