MOMENTS Baggio is the best player I've used this year.

DIXON THFC
2543 posts Fans' Favourite
Honestly without a shadow of a doubt the best player I've used on the game... using him as an ST in 4-4-1-1.

20190307-000517.jpg

Thing is I used Prime Baggio and didn't get on with him, people say the stats boosts aren't worth it but I reckon within the nitty gritty of the stats there is definitely a difference maker hidden.

He finishes everything, finesse shots are unreal, passing is almost perfect (which is saying something this year)

I've had 200+ games with CR7, 250+ with Ibra, 200+ with Vieri... various other great players but they don't come anywhere near this guy.

I started the SBC with 1.2 million which was a risk and made it with 4k to spare (seriously) and I have no regrets.

Anybody else enjoying a MOMENTS player currently?

Comments

• Koolfashion
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice that you like him, but I would never spend so much money on his sbc.
  • DIXON THFC
    Nice that you like him, but I would never spend so much money on his sbc.

To be honest I'd totally lost interest in the game and I love the rest of my team... I thought **** it, get him focus on getting a good record and save up for TOTS... just never expected him to be this good, its made the game fun for me again.
  • Nicku32
    2173 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used his loan at CAM and he only scored 3x he was never in shooting positions and shot power was terrible. He had 17 assists mind....
  • Boysie91
    8824 posts League Winner
    Try 89 Eusebio
  • Guillotine_Mack
    1738 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 7
    I use him as well and he's irreplaceable.
    I also use moments Shearer upfront and thepair of them terrorise defenders.
  • DIXON THFC
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    They all play well on Squad Battles

Banter?
  • DIXON THFC
    I use him as well and he's irreplaceable.
    I also use moments Shearer upfront and thepair of them terrorise defenders.

Glad to hear it!! I just find him to be perfect at nearly everything, like a massive difference from the prime! Getting me results that I feel I wouldn't have had before... He's just so clinical!
  • Forca-Barca
    3043 posts National Call-Up
    CR7 still a beast for me
  • DIXON THFC
    CR7 still a beast for me

Yeah don't get me wrong I loved him too! This is just the first card I've used where it honestly feels "different" like truly special.
  • mindm4ster
    4962 posts Big Money Move

Michael-Jordan-laughing.gif
  • Forca-Barca
    DIXON THFC wrote: »
    CR7 still a beast for me

Yeah don't get me wrong I loved him too! This is just the first card I've used where it honestly feels "different" like truly special.

It’s crazy bc he always scores for me and I don’t force feed. Random headers, power shots and nice that he has 5 star skills. I bought his otw when they had the promo , figured join the crowd and honestly makes the game easier.
  • Delboy13710
    5045 posts Big Money Move
    I loved him IRL but dammm he’s expensive and I’d have to throw in Nedved to complete him
  • Joaopauloted
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nice to hear that. I'm thinking about do him. Is he that better than 91 POTM Reus?
  • Markman007
    2800 posts Fans' Favourite
    Honestly without a shadow of a doubt the best player I've used on the game... using him as an ST in 4-4-1-1.

20190307-000517.jpg

Thing is I used Prime Baggio and didn't get on with him, people say the stats boosts aren't worth it but I reckon within the nitty gritty of the stats there is definitely a difference maker hidden.

He finishes everything, finesse shots are unreal, passing is almost perfect (which is saying something this year)

I've had 200+ games with CR7, 250+ with Ibra, 200+ with Vieri... various other great players but they don't come anywhere near this guy.

I started the SBC with 1.2 million which was a risk and made it with 4k to spare (seriously) and I have no regrets.

After my frustration with the icon fiasco cooled down I went back and forth a lot and decided screw it I'm gonna do the Baggio. He was one of my fav players as a kid and I had the coins built up from trading so why not. I’m not sure how much it cost me because I used a bunch of cards from my club but prob about the same as you paid.

No regrets at all! He is amazing, and so much better than the prime version. It’s as though they fixed all the flaws in the prime except maybe strength, but hey Baggio wasn’t a big strong guy anyway. He is so agile and his ball control is so good he can run rings around defenders, as he did in real life.

It’s not for everyone especially if you don’t have a lot of coins lying around, but this is a card I’ll be using for the rest of the year. So far I’ve only used him at CAM or CF but maybe I’ll try ST as well.
  • truegunn3r
    8977 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 7

Banter?
    :wink:
  • DIXON THFC
    Nice to hear that. I'm thinking about do him. Is he that better than 91 POTM Reus?

No experience using Reus mate been strictly Serie A (and serie A themed ICONS) this year...

• Wortel1981
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    Moments Baggio was really really terrible for me!
    Used his loan card and didn't even notice he was on the pitch, he had no impact at all
    I use Headliner Reus and he is miles better than Baggio. (at least for me)

• Forca-Barca
    How do I throw multiple icons into an SBC to bring the price down? I have a few 85 icons I want to get rid of
  • Messi181
    479 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How do I throw multiple icons into an SBC to bring the price down? I have a few 85 icons I want to get rid of

Use it in the 85 squads you could save 10k
  • DIXON THFC
    Markman007 wrote: »

20190307-000517.jpg

After my frustration with the icon fiasco cooled down I went back and forth a lot and decided screw it I'm gonna do the Baggio. He was one of my fav players as a kid and I had the coins built up from trading so why not. I’m not sure how much it cost me because I used a bunch of cards from my club but prob about the same as you paid.

No regrets at all! He is amazing, and so much better than the prime version. It’s as though they fixed all the flaws in the prime except maybe strength, but hey Baggio wasn’t a big strong guy anyway. He is so agile and his ball control is so good he can run rings around defenders, as he did in real life.

It’s not for everyone especially if you don’t have a lot of coins lying around, but this is a card I’ll be using for the rest of the year. So far I’ve only used him at CAM or CF but maybe I’ll try ST as well.

Glad to hear it! I know exactly what you mean about gliding by people and that's what I mean, nobody I've used does these things like him... but then again an inform Icon really should be special!

This is my team if anybody is wondering what he's playing with... 7/11 untradable.

20190306-003600.jpg
  • DIXON THFC

Build a base team off FUTBIN SBC section and then modify... I got rid of loads of WL cards to do the SBC.
  • DIXON THFC
    Wortel1981 wrote: »
    Moments Baggio was really really terrible for me!
    Used his loan card and didn't even notice he was on the pitch, he had no impact at all
    I use Headliner Reus and he is miles better than Baggio. (at least for me)

Really? I suppose players are different for each person... Dybala for example.. I use him every year wanting to like him... and hate him every year!
  • dfavors
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    is he better than 94 Reus?
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    Poor man's Aguero
  • DIXON THFC
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    Poor man's Aguero

Each to their own.
  • Markman007

I had HL Reus who has basically the same stats and I like Baggio better. He’s more agile on the ball and his passing is even better.
  • Markman007
    Poor man's Aguero

Man Baggio is nothing like Aguero except maybe being smallish and agile. Baggio is a playmaker with sublime passing and set pieces. He runs the attack, but he isn’t the focus of the attack like a striker like Aguero.
  • DIXON THFC
    Markman007 wrote: »
    Poor man's Aguero

Man Baggio is nothing like Aguero except maybe being smallish and agile. Baggio is a playmaker with sublime passing and set pieces. He runs the attack, but he isn’t the focus of the attack like a striker like Aguero.

I think different people will use him differently I wanted him to be the focus of the attack and it's worked out perfectly, played 2 since getting home from work got another 3 so it's 58 in 27 now.

Seriously buzzing off the game again now... not sure how long it will last but it's fun right now.
  • holdenwait
    57399 posts National Treasure
    Poor man's Aguero

:joy: what a useless comparison