Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• Devers
    7085 posts Big Money Move
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    Good work Stevie B)

I'd nearly stopped trading but these prices have pulled me back in! :D

Haven't played a game in weeks and literally cannot stand the game, and i don't think a patch can save it and make me want to play again (i hope i'm wrong)

They've killed the game play and don't listen to a word we say, the endless money grab promos are a joke and most sbc's they release are stupidly priced.

So obsessed with killing trading that they are actually killing the game

Back on topic, I've got 10 NIF Aguero's to shift and so many 84 to 88's as well :D

Same as, prices pulled me back in. Had 2.4 mil and nothing to upgrade, so try and make some more to eventually get toty messi, could be a bad move on my point though as i will gey addicted to trading again and spent more time on my phone 😬
  • Tommygunn
    3071 posts National Call-Up
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Devers wrote: »
    @Stevie_G great post, thread is dead a while but youve kept it going, but its not only this thread, the whole ps section is dying, and i think thats more down to ea trying to stop us from making coins from threads like this and the inform trading thread,there pushing players away.

But potm, i have gone in on inform deulofeu and tarkowski. And loads of higuain. Will probably sell in the hype.

Ah yep forgot to mention Zaha, Del and Tarkowski. Plenty of good buys at the minute given the big pack promo, as you say once people turn their attention to POTM we should see some panic buying forcing these guys up a few thousand coins.

The overall price of Aguero will determine the movement in player prices, if he's over 1 million then hype selling is definitely the way forward. Unless he's cheap, everyone's aware TOTS is on the horizon and it's doubtful they'll spend loads on an untradable Aguero card. I'll probably hold a couple of cards myself and hope they're specifically relevant, and sell on about half of the investments in the hype

I’m not expecting tots to June July time as no WC this year. Saying that wouldn’t spend 1m on aguero did his Potm last year and hated it only sbc worse than him for me was Zanetti
  • Iconman36
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    My theory is this:
    Ea would think that this time around investors wouldn’t think that nif Aguero would be required and they will require him to screw investors.

Last year with Aguero potm everyone said that there is no way that they’ll require his inform as it was too expansive and they did required his inform. This year everyone was sure that on reus second potm they’ll require his first potm/special and they didn’t require him.

EA main goal is always to screw the investors, so I think this time around they would require the nif Aguero bc it’s the opposite of what everyone think.

Additionally there is no way that they’ll require his inform as there is only one inform available where last year there were 3 inform cards for Aguero so there was enough supply and this year there isn’t!

I’m still going to sell my Agueros nif in the hype though:)
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    Devers wrote: »
    @Stevie_G great post, thread is dead a while but youve kept it going, but its not only this thread, the whole ps section is dying, and i think thats more down to ea trying to stop us from making coins from threads like this and the inform trading thread,there pushing players away.

But potm, i have gone in on inform deulofeu and tarkowski. And loads of higuain. Will probably sell in the hype.

Ah yep forgot to mention Zaha, Del and Tarkowski. Plenty of good buys at the minute given the big pack promo, as you say once people turn their attention to POTM we should see some panic buying forcing these guys up a few thousand coins.

The overall price of Aguero will determine the movement in player prices, if he's over 1 million then hype selling is definitely the way forward. Unless he's cheap, everyone's aware TOTS is on the horizon and it's doubtful they'll spend loads on an untradable Aguero card. I'll probably hold a couple of cards myself and hope they're specifically relevant, and sell on about half of the investments in the hype

I’m not expecting tots to June July time as no WC this year. Saying that wouldn’t spend 1m on aguero did his Potm last year and hated it only sbc worse than him for me was Zanetti

Damn, he was an utter rip off in FIFA 18 as you needed one of his IFs, he was near 1.5 mill from memory! Hopefully we get a bit more realistic requirements this time, although it's doubtful with how expensive icons/POTMs have been this year - there's barely any discount compared to equivalent tradeable versions.

I still think TOTS will come mid-May at the latest, that's when the major leagues roughly finish up. Even in FIFA 15 and 17 (when there was no WC/Euros) we saw the TOTS begin between the 10-20th of May. Futties was a big event last year to backend the game too, so there'll be one last hurrah after TOTS for EA.

KRANG00 wrote: »
    Good work Stevie B)

I'd nearly stopped trading but these prices have pulled me back in! :D

Haven't played a game in weeks and literally cannot stand the game, and i don't think a patch can save it and make me want to play again (i hope i'm wrong)

They've killed the game play and don't listen to a word we say, the endless money grab promos are a joke and most sbc's they release are stupidly priced.

So obsessed with killing trading that they are actually killing the game

Back on topic, I've got 10 NIF Aguero's to shift and so many 84 to 88's as well :D

Yeah fair enough mate, can't blame your views on gameplay at all. For me the content is a lose-lose for EA, either they give loads of content and we all complain about cash-grabbing, or they give nothing and we have bugger all to do in the game. Personally I prefer more content as they've done this FIFA, but it's a matter of personal preference though.

The one thing that frustrates me is seeing the Prime Moment Van Nistelrooy SBC being 1.5 million, and yet Flashback Ibra was a 200k SBC and that was 2 months ago too. Similar rating, similar stats (I'd argue Ibra is better due to his 4* WF, 5* SM) - and yet we have the supposedly less desirable card being 7-8 times more expensive! Why? Because he's an icon........ It's still been easy to make coins despite the lack of trading opportunity but just a bit of logic/consistency for some aspects of the content would go such a long way.
  • James2201
    360 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hey, looking to get back into trading and in past have focussed on potm to try and trade. When are they announcing the winner? Is it this Friday? Also what are some safe bets to try and make some coins. I currently have 100k and would like to make some good profit over next week or 2
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro
    Hope none of you guys were holding the Real Madrid UCL live items........... Benzema down from 350k to 120k, and Fernandez down from 180k to 60k! Utter madness.

Shows that nobody is really using these cards, they're almost solely being held by investors hoping for a massive upgrade in a few weeks. Don't let it completely deter you, but let it act as a warning if you're holding RTTF items for this set of fixtures and think they'll only fall slightly when that team goes out.
  • Caspertjuh
    690 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hope none of you guys were holding the Real Madrid UCL live items........... Benzema down from 350k to 120k, and Fernandez down from 180k to 60k! Utter madness.

Shows that nobody is really using these cards, they're almost solely being held by investors hoping for a massive upgrade in a few weeks. Don't let it completely deter you, but let it act as a warning if you're holding RTTF items for this set of fixtures and think they'll only fall slightly when that team goes out.

Hmmmm, i got renato sanches. His price will skyrocket if they beat liverpool, but drop massively when they lose. Want him in my team, so i take the risk i guess.
  • Bread
    144 posts Sunday League Hero
    Got about 125k to invest for tonight, surely there’s going to be a new sbc of some sort?
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6263 posts Big Money Move

Agreed with this, the only ones that i think might be ok if their team lose are Telles/Florenzi as they are already pretty ridiculous cards so the crash on them won't be too hard
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 6
    Caspertjuh wrote: »

Hmmmm, i got renato sanches. His price will skyrocket if they beat liverpool, but drop massively when they lose. Want him in my team, so i take the risk i guess.

Big risk mate, the downside is definitely greater than the upside for him at 200k already.

They win and he's probably 250k, they lose and he's 60-80k based off his stats and what happened with Benzema/Fernandez. Hope it goes well for you and Bayern, for more than one reason! :lol:

Agreed with this, the only ones that i think might be ok if their team lose are Telles/Florenzi as they are already pretty ridiculous cards so the crash on them won't be too hard

Yeah to an extent, they're actually used by people as opposed to the Real guys from yesterday. You look at similar/better cards though, for example compare RTTF Florenzi at 270k to the OTW Cancelo at 210k (who is slightly better stat-wise and link-wise), and there's still a good 100k worth of risk I'd say. Definitely less percentage wise, but these cards are really all or nothing.

Investing always gets tough around this time, top-end players are all falling, high rated cards don't spike as much as previously and live items have less and less value with TOTS cards on the horizon. IFs are probably the safest bet, there's a few of the 84-87 cards in TOTW24 that look good IMO but they've all risen by 2-3k in the last day due to last minute buyers, which always reduces the speed of the gradual rise.

As it stands the safest bet is probably your generic 83 rated guys at 1k and 84 rated guys at 3k, they'll never really be cheaper than that. If we see anything like the OTW promo for FUT Birthday, and we get those upgrade SBCs/base icon SBC as well as TOTW SBCs, who knows what kind of profit you'll be looking at
  • munchie63
    2759 posts Fans' Favourite
    Iconman36 wrote: »
    My theory is this:
    Ea would think that this time around investors wouldn’t think that nif Aguero would be required and they will require him to screw investors.

Last year with Aguero potm everyone said that there is no way that they’ll require his inform as it was too expansive and they did required his inform. This year everyone was sure that on reus second potm they’ll require his first potm/special and they didn’t require him.

EA main goal is always to screw the investors, so I think this time around they would require the nif Aguero bc it’s the opposite of what everyone think.

Additionally there is no way that they’ll require his inform as there is only one inform available where last year there were 3 inform cards for Aguero so there was enough supply and this year there isn’t!

unless its the ultimate double bluff

never go all-in unless you're holding the right cards
  • OmarZ_14
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why isn't Kondogbia's France card going up after the winter update?
  • Tommygunn
    OmarZ_14 wrote: »

He’s changed nationality
  • James2201
    360 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If Aguero is potm how much do you think his card will be? I used to have his NIF version and found him pretty good. Have since moved onto headliners rashford. So to get Aguero I would have to sell rashford just not sure if it will be worth it
  • Tommygunn
    Last year he was 1.5m his potm im sure.
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 7
    My theory is this:

Your reasoning's pretty good here, it's common knowledge EA love to screw investors, fair play if you're right.

However, I just see no point in requiring him. His POTM's likely gonna cost anywhere from 800k - 1.2 million, so it makes no sense to require a 115k card. For Auba POTM - his NIF was a good chunk of the whole SBC - as was IF Aguero for his POTM in FIFA 18. This time, would it really make any sense to require Aguero when there's so many additional segments?

So for your exact reason of EA hating investors, I actually don't think EA will require him - if they do, investors will then be able to profit off Aguero NIF, and all the 84-88 squads that fill up the rest of his cost. By not requiring Aguero at least EA screw over one section of investors.

In terms of IF Aguero being required I completely agree, his 2 special cards will just go extinct for the rest of time and nobody will be able to complete him. High rated squads with IFs is my personal prediction
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro
    OmarZ_14 wrote: »

Nobody using him really. The 82 rated players were useful 4-5 months ago, everyone's got mega sides now. Add to that he's too expensive as an 82 for an SBC, and there's no real reason to buy his French card
  • Iconman36
    My theory is this:

Your reasoning's pretty good here, it's common knowledge EA love to screw investors, fair play if you're right.

However, I just see no point in requiring him. His POTM's likely gonna cost anywhere from 800k - 1.2 million, so it makes no sense to require a 115k card. For Auba POTM - his NIF was a good chunk of the whole SBC - as was IF Aguero for his POTM in FIFA 18. This time, would it really make any sense to require Aguero when there's so many additional segments?

So for your exact reason of EA hating investors, I actually don't think EA will require him - if they do, investors will then be able to profit off Aguero NIF, and all the 84-88 squads that fill up the rest of his cost. By not requiring Aguero at least EA screw over one section of investors.

In terms of IF Aguero being required I completely agree, his 2 special cards will just go extinct for the rest of time and nobody will be able to complete him. High rated squads with IFs is my personal prediction

I actually think that you are right with everything that you have mentioned, I was just thinking that this time ea may actually do this sbc a little more affordable for the community after all the recent community backlashes about all the overpriced sbcs.

So I was thinking that this sbc will be around 600-700 k and that way Aguero nif would go to 200k plus which would be a good portion of the sbc cost.

I’ve noticed that 2 days ago ea reduced Aguero nif price range from 300 to 230k max on ps4, so I was thinking that they don’t want investors to profit too much from the nif and that why they’ve lowered his price range.....

I might be wrong here... who knows!
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro
    My theory is this:

I actually think that you are right with everything that you have mentioned, I was just thinking that this time ea may actually do this sbc a little more affordable for the community after all the recent community backlashes about all the overpriced sbcs.

So I was thinking that this sbc will be around 600-700 k and that way Aguero nif would go to 200k plus which would be a good portion of the sbc cost.

I’ve noticed that 2 days ago ea reduced Aguero nif price range from 300 to 230k max on ps4, so I was thinking that they don’t want investors to profit too much from the nif and that why they’ve lowered his price range.....

All speculation mate! Don't ever count on EA underpricing an SBC though. The 90 Aguero's at 600k, so you'd expect the 92 to be around 1 million if tradeable - and this year EA seem reluctant to offer any sort of discounts for high-end untradeables, even if that might help clear coins.

They've done that kind of thing with price ranges in the past, I genuinely think it's to try and create doubt in investors' minds. If he is the 600-700k you hope for, then he's an outside chance of being required, but I'd still sell on hype anyway. If the SBC is the expected 1 million or so, then it's illogical EA require him.

Oh, and that last line - only EA could know, and even that's doubtful sometimes - incoming requirement for 1 Argentinian player from Manchester......United! :lol:
  • Iconman36
    My theory is this:

All speculation mate! Don't ever count on EA underpricing an SBC though. The 90 Aguero's at 600k, so you'd expect the 92 to be around 1 million if tradeable - and this year EA seem reluctant to offer any sort of discounts for high-end untradeables, even if that might help clear coins.

They've done that kind of thing with price ranges in the past, I genuinely think it's to try and create doubt in investors' minds. If he is the 600-700k you hope for, then he's an outside chance of being required, but I'd still sell on hype anyway. If the SBC is the expected 1 million or so, then it's illogical EA require him.

Oh, and that last line - only EA could know, and even that's doubtful sometimes - incoming requirement for 1 Argentinian player from Manchester......United! :lol:

Lmao 😂
  • hiya
    1365 posts Professional
    with it being week 25 will there be totw SBC?

is it every 5 weeks?
  • munchie63
    2759 posts Fans' Favourite
    hiya wrote: »

is it every 5 weeks?

theyve certainly stacked this one up to sell packs
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro

is it every 5 weeks?

With the Carniball promo coming along and presumably FUT Birthday next week, I think it's fair to expect we'll see a TOTW SBC come along. 83/84s are still very cheap, so with plenty of SBCs confirmed as coming this week, they're a good shout
  • Iconman36
    edited March 8

is it every 5 weeks?

With the Carniball promo coming along and presumably FUT Birthday next week, I think it's fair to expect we'll see a TOTW SBC come along. 83/84s are still very cheap, so with plenty of SBCs confirmed as coming this week, they're a good shout

I think at this point any 83-90 gold card sbc fodder is a good shout!

6 moment icon sbc+2 flashbacks sbc+ 8 carniball sbc in one week, the sbc fodders should rise quite a bit in the coming week 👍🏻
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro

is it every 5 weeks?

I think at this point any 83-90 gold card sbc fodder is a good shout!

6 moment icon sbc+2 flashbacks sbc+ 8 carniball sbc in one week, the sbc fodders should rise quite a bit in the coming week 👍🏻

In theory yep, over the past 5-6 hours the cheaper 84-90 cards have already started to rise in price, people are anticipating POTM and the new promo!

Depends how desirable the SBCs are, as to whether 83/84s or 88-90s are the better investments. The 6 icon moments sounds good but if they're as overpriced as the last set, nobody will do them. The 8 Carniballs are a tough one too - will they be cheap OP cards costing 50-100k (using 83-84 rated squads), or are they gonna be hugely boosted players like the FFS promo and be super expensive (requiring 85-87 rated squads)? I suppose we'll have to wait and see, when the actual squad is revealed I think that'll be a good indicator of whether we can expect top-tier cards or just some fun super subs
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro
    Oh and apologies for the large amount of posts, but there's a nice cheap SBC up offering a 55k pack for around 6-7k. Definitely worth doing it and saving it for the promo tomorrow
  • miri
    2707 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dropping bids on Insigne at 30-31k, his BIN is 33k atm and he hasn't been much lower than that so feels like a risk free investment. He's flown up to 50k before so could be some good profit there. Similar with all 88-90s right now. Was looking at 83-84s originally but found bids so contested that I ended up not bothering, they might be over invested.
  • Devers
    7085 posts Big Money Move
    Good time to get in on some cheap informs, could be needed a lot over the next few days
  • Iconman36
    Oh and apologies for the large amount of posts, but there's a nice cheap SBC up offering a 55k pack for around 6-7k. Definitely worth doing it and saving it for the promo tomorrow

No need for apologies, your opinions and the info that you’re posting are appreciated!
    👍🏻
  • Iks
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 8
    miri wrote: »
    Dropping bids on Insigne at 30-31k, his BIN is 33k atm and he hasn't been much lower than that so feels like a risk free investment. He's flown up to 50k before so could be some good profit there. Similar with all 88-90s right now. Was looking at 83-84s originally but found bids so contested that I ended up not bothering, they might be over invested.

84 are at their lowest point since 2 month ! Yes they were lower a few days ago but they are still a crazy good and easy investment imo.