Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• EnzoGambaro
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 2019
    @Nivaze Well, I really enjoyed Messi. He was so much fun to use, but it sounds like I experienced a similar issue as @Seandimes with him. I think mostly because I'm pretty much stuck with my Prime Crespo and his m/l workrates thanks to him being untradable.

I feel I need someone just a little more dynamic with high attacking workrates to make the forward line work so, with regret, Messi is back on the market and I think I'll be bringing Neymar for the playmaking role and Mbappe to switch between wing and striker if I feel I need more dynamism.

Crespo is such a good all rounder but if I had my time again I probably wouldn't do his SBC. It's just so limiting. I did his, George Best's and Nedved's prime sbcs. Best would have made a good striker but he also has Messi's m/m so he's stuck out on the wing but at least he's useful there. Nedved is in my fitness team along with baby Figo (also untradeable). Seems such a waste but neither fit in this style of play.

I'd advise anyone who is thinking of doing Icon SBCs to really work out if they want to be stuck with a player until the end of the game. It's such a huge investment. I'm just an SBC addict, I think. :smile:
  • Nivaze
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2019
    I also just decided to not play Messi anymore for now, I just had his 95 in draft again and he’s great but yeah as Seandimes and you said his workrates are annoying at times.

I also might play Neymar up top and Felipe Anderson with Mbappe on the wings but then I’ll need another striker and I don’t really know who to get there.

I have plenty of players in my club atm and just pulled 2 more 87s from MM so I could possibly finish an Icon SBC but none I’m really interested in atm.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    not trying to butt in, bit imo Gullit and TOTY de Bruyne would be the ideal pairing. Nay version of Gullit 90 + gives you a player who allows you to use Kdb. Gullit is literally everywhere. the double 5*Wf and incredible versatility takes your options to another level. One that Petit canot reach.
  • Seandimes
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    Xtc wrote: »
    not trying to butt in, bit imo Gullit and TOTY de Bruyne would be the ideal pairing. Nay version of Gullit 90 + gives you a player who allows you to use Kdb. Gullit is literally everywhere. the double 5*Wf and incredible versatility takes your options to another level. One that Petit canot reach.

Agreed. For me its between TOTY de Bruyne or Modric next to Gullit, but havent played either outside of draft, so cant really comment who fits better
  • Jdreew
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Nivaze Well, I really enjoyed Messi. He was so much fun to use, but it sounds like I experienced a similar issue as @Seandimes with him. I think mostly because I'm pretty much stuck with my Prime Crespo and his m/l workrates thanks to him being untradable.

I feel I need someone just a little more dynamic with high attacking workrates to make the forward line work so, with regret, Messi is back on the market and I think I'll be bringing Neymar for the playmaking role and Mbappe to switch between wing and striker if I feel I need more dynamism.

Crespo is such a good all rounder but if I had my time again I probably wouldn't do his SBC. It's just so limiting. I did his, George Best's and Nedved's prime sbcs. Best would have made a good striker but he also has Messi's m/m so he's stuck out on the wing but at least he's useful there. Nedved is in my fitness team along with baby Figo (also untradeable). Seems such a waste but neither fit in this style of play.

I'd advise anyone who is thinking of doing Icon SBCs to really work out if they want to be stuck with a player until the end of the game. It's such a huge investment. I'm just an SBC addict, I think. :smile:

I’m on the same boat as you with Crespo bro. He’s a great scorer but against a good defense I feel I need more out from the holding striker. Crespo just loses the ball naturally imo.
  • Jdreew
    Listed my players on the market for this big overhaul. Hopefully turn out is favorable for the upcoming WL. Thanks @Seandimes .
  • Jdreew

I can probably get TOTY KDB but would have to hold off on Cruyff and settle for Ben Yedder up top.
  • EnzoGambaro
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park

Jdreew wrote: »
    I’m on the same boat as you with Crespo bro. He’s a great scorer but against a good defense I feel I need more out from the holding striker. Crespo just loses the ball naturally imo.

Couldn't agree more. He loves to ruin a move by passing nowhere near his destination. It says 72 passing on the card but it feels more like 52. But then he scores a 92nd minute goal out of nowhere and I realise I can't drop him again.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2019

I can probably get TOTY KDB but would have to hold off on Cruyff and settle for Ben Yedder up top.

interested in @Seandimes response here. Personally i think the CM pairing IS the key to this formation. I overspent on Gullit 90 and i use NIF KdB with Shadow. They are incredible. You can win and play really well without Cruyff
  • Seandimes
    I would definitely go for TOTY KdB. Ben Yedder is good enough, and having versatile cdms just brings another dimension to your attack
  • Nivaze
    Just played a draft where I got PM Petit and 88 Pogba as CDMs in a 4222 and damn what a great partnership it was like a brick wall and I think I conceded like 3 goals over the 4 games! (I should stop playing drafts as it’s a waste of coins but it’s fun trying new players lol)

Also got to try out HL Rashford, he was really surprisingly good as a striker, also figured I rather have Mbappe as a RM/RCAM than a striker.

• diavolo
    427 posts Sunday League Hero
    Would you play futmas firmino with his h/h workrate and 80 phy as cdm? And who to partner up with? Pogba maybe?
  • Nivaze
    Alright currently I have this:

https://imgur.com/a/CBO6VLu

I have about 1.7m coins to finish this off, any suggestions to fill the gaps? I could possibly stretch to 1.9m if I sell all the players in the club and my 84/85s but I rather hold on to them.
  • Jdreew
    Anyone tried TOTY KDB as ST, how is he?
  • limjitwe
    9995 posts Has That Special Something
    8-E947272-5-EFD-4697-A115-48-F7-B16-D3-D13.jpg

Was thinking of doing this and holding onto more coins. Any comments?

Was thinking of Cruyff 91, PIM Bergkamp. But looks like I don’t mind trying to fit in Prime Cruyff as he seems like a perfect foil for Lewandowski.

I like the “big man small man” combo
  • Jdreew
    There she is boys

21jr41d.jpg

Player about 6 games so far and I can tell you Gullit and TOTY KDB partnership is massive. Yedder stamina concerns me though.

Had to tweak your suggestion @Seandimes coz fell short on coins.
  • Nivaze
    There she is boys

21jr41d.jpg

Player about 6 games so far and I can tell you Gullit and TOTY KDB partnership is massive. Yedder stamina concerns me though.

That’s an insane squad mate! That midfield must be amazing with 2 5* WF midfielders.

I never had issues with Ben Yedders stamina as long as you play him striker, hoe do you like him so far?
  • ASX
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    After reading some love for Petit here decided to cash in some investments and do his SBC, cost around 850k with club cards. No need to use 451 for chem now so free up a tactic spot too.

Looking forward to trying him out tonight.

xnHJr22.jpg
  • Tininho87
    82 posts Park Captain
    which pairing out of these would you choose as ST

Raul Prime- Ibra FB - Auba POTM- Rashford 86 red- Reus
    maybe i will buy lewandowski

@limjitwe how is Lewandowski ?
    @Seandimes

• ASX
    Quick question on Petit.

He has H/H workrates...is there any need to set him to stay back while attacking, or will he do that naturally? Meaning I can leave him on default settings?
  • Nivaze
    ASX wrote: »
    Quick question on Petit.

He has H/H workrates...is there any need to set him to stay back while attacking, or will he do that naturally? Meaning I can leave him on default settings?

You could leave him on balanced as he’s all over the pitch anyways, but I prefer my CDMs on stay back. Not because of the defensive cover but on stay back they still move up the pitch but they kinda sit behind the strikers and on balanced I feel like they push up too much.

I use my CDMs kinda to pass around so it’s nice to have them sitting behind the strikers, especially against PTB.
  • ASX
    Nivaze wrote: »
    Quick question on Petit.

You could leave him on balanced as he’s all over the pitch anyways, but I prefer my CDMs on stay back. Not because of the defensive cover but on stay back they still move up the pitch but they kinda sit behind the strikers and on balanced I feel like they push up too much.

I use my CDMs kinda to pass around so it’s nice to have them sitting behind the strikers, especially against PTB.

Cheers.

Will leave on stay back, maybe have one tactic with him set in default and see how it goes.

Have you used Petit?

My friend did his loan card and said his passing is exceptional. Seeing other comments here and there about him being a wall...I want to see his hair in action.
  • Nivaze
    Quick question on Petit.

Cheers.

Will leave on stay back, maybe have one tactic with him set in default and see how it goes.

Have you used Petit?

My friend did his loan card and said his passing is exceptional. Seeing other comments here and there about him being a wall...I want to see his hair in action.

I’ve used him in draft only but he’s amazing, I sadly don’t have as much coins as you to build such an amazing team haha.

His passing is great and he intercepts alot with his long legs, and his hair is a cool feature!

• Jdreew
    There she is boys

21jr41d.jpg

That’s an insane squad mate! That midfield must be amazing with 2 5* WF midfielders.

I never had issues with Ben Yedders stamina as long as you play him striker, hoe do you like him so far?

Thanks mate! Still trying to settle with Ben Yedders big downgrade from my 96 Messi. With Messi I was able to turn on a dime and be creative in the box.
  • Willow
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 2019
    Hi here is my new team viable for the weekend league?http://imgur.com/gallery/PnoxMEO
    Post edited by Willow on
  • Nivaze
    There she is boys

21jr41d.jpg

Thanks mate! Still trying to settle with Ben Yedders big downgrade from my 96 Messi. With Messi I was able to turn on a dime and be creative in the box.

Maybe you could try Griezmann or even IF Griezmann over WBY, despite his 3* WF he is really good. Since you have 2 icons to link you could even try using HL Rashford, Son, NIF Messi or any other striker in that price range?

• limjitwe
    9995 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 2019
    Tininho87 wrote: »
    which pairing out of these would you choose as ST

Raul Prime- Ibra FB - Auba POTM- Rashford 86 red- Reus
    maybe i will buy lewandowski

@limjitwe how is Lewandowski ?
    @Seandimes

@Tininho87
    He’s really good imo. One of the most underrated and underused striker. His shooting is excellent. 4* skills is useful although he’s not the most nimble. Heading good and is strong enough

Infact I’m seriously considering going back to him.

Passing can be alittle better though.
  • Seandimes
    @Tininho87 Raul + either Rashford or Reus

@ASX like nivaze said, you can leave them on balanced, but for me it messes up the positioning of the whole team, since the cdms tend to push up too much too early.

@Jdreew beautiful team, lets hope it plays as good as it looks. That midfield rocks though.

@Nivaze You are almost praising Griezmann as much as I do Petit :D .

For those of you who dont use a h/h playmaker, and want him to drop back a bit more, try the "target man" instruction instead of false 9. To be honest, "false 9" instruction didnt work at all for me since the player just lingers around somewhere in midfield. "Target man" instruction is the closest you get to how a h/h striker plays.

7cf85368bde726285269346791dc1850.jpg

This is my team after rewards. Really would like to replace Kondogbia, but theres just no player available that I can afford. Probably gonna save up for the Petit SBC. Prime Butra was definitely well worth it.
  • Nivaze
    @Seandimes Haha yeah I’m probably a little biased as he’s one of my favourite players inreal, but then again his 89 for 100k is great value for money!

Squad is looking good, any reason why you play Umtiti over Varane or that’s just because of budget?
  • burken
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2019
    Hey Seandimes! Been reading through almost every page now hehe, and I’m looking for a squad around FB Ibra and Casillas, for around 400k? Would love as many Liverpool players as possible hehe but want it to ofc win me games the easiest way possible too! If you feel Casillas is making chemistry bad ATB, you can switch him out. :)

Xbox prices by the way.
    Thanks for an amazing guide and your dedication :))