Icons shouldn't be in the game

Comments

• llcg04
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't use Icons because I cannot afford them. Maybe the casual player needs another modes, like the tornuaments of last years.

Not sure if Icons should be retired from the game, though. That will take all the fun about winning try hards with a bunch of Icons with my 83 rated squad. Of all the Icon squads that I confronted this year maybe the 80% are bad players that uses AI defense with their pay to win squads, and only the 20% are close to being pros.

And Pros dont let ai defend for Them? Also what is the Problem if you Are using Icons as a Bad Player?
  • Pacey3_16
    1791 posts Fans' Favourite
    Should just stop them being used in WL like they have with training cards
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13001 posts Has That Special Something
    I like having them. What I do think however...is they get hate because of the value they hold within the game. I'm not talking just prices, the luxury they hold with the current chemistry system. One which I think if scrapped. Would see less icons and more variety in teams
  • ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    It seems to be the way games are going in general - it's the same thing in 2k as well. I actually preferred when PS4 didn't have them, but they don't really bother me. As someone else said, they do eliminate the need for thoughtful squad building, which I find a little disappointing. I guess with most just playing Prem teams there wasn't a lot of squad building going on anyway, but some of us do enjoy that aspect of the game.
  • mway
    687 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Icons are fine. I mean they were real players and with the right stats is fun watching them against today´s players. FB are ok too if they match those players past performances. But Future Stars ? :D That´s sooooooo wrong. What´s next ? Batman, Superman and Hulk with 99 stats? .... Oh no, I just gave them an idea :/
  • James Libby
    5223 posts Big Money Move
    Hahahahahahahaha
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2606 posts Fans' Favourite
    They are quite literally the only reason I play this game anymore.

I do think in the last month or two each year they should have a similar mode to the World Cup mode last year. I.e. a mode where pack weight was dramatically improved and a select group of these icons were available. Lets everyone have a taste.
  • Forca-Barca
    2994 posts National Call-Up
    Would love to seee icons added in seasons
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    It's just not realistic.

If they're in the game they should be real age and 20 stamina. It just completely kills the vibe imho. Or should be in a separate kind of of mode.

Also shouldnt be allowed special versions of cards or training cards or loans. And you definately should not he able to buy and sell players outside the transfer window period.
  • The_Immortal
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    They should be released periodically. Base in September, Middle in December, and Prime in March. That way we have cards in game at a similar level.
  • starfox1284
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think if they did away with Chem and chem styles....not sure i'd even want to use the icons....
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 5
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    Nothing about this game is realistic

this...

games an arcade fest.... you can be up 2-0 and that lead can disappear in seconds its so randomized. You see some of the weirdest stuff happening in this game its very bizarre. defenders warping through icons, icons CDMs walking through the ball on the pitch. Some stuff just feels out of a players control.
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    Nor should any IFs they kill reality for me
  • James Libby
    5223 posts Big Money Move
    Diggy wrote: »
    Nor should any IFs they kill reality for me

Yeah, in fact, while we are at it: no Gold cards. They really **** me off. You listening EA?
  • Delvinho
    970 posts Professional
    VerdePride wrote: »
    Fccheek wrote: »
    only reason I probably played the last two years was to try the new icons. Grew up watching players like gerrard and Ronaldinho. Ronaldinhos the reason I started playing fifa tbh.

This

• Retropoe82
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tbh i like icons in the game. Bein able to use past legends. Just wish they were easily more available ive only ever packed on in fifa 18 good old marc overmars. Just wish there was more options. Rb for instance wheres cafu?, Gary neville? Dennis irwin? Cantona an a legend Gabriel Batistuta? Same icons/legends as were previous
  • Idek
    10087 posts Has That Special Something
    Singling out icons as what's unrealistic in FUT :D
  • Retropoe82
    Retropoe82 wrote: »
    Tbh i like icons in the game. Bein able to use past legends. Just wish they were easily more available ive only ever packed on in fifa 18 good old marc overmars. Just wish there was more options. Rb for instance wheres cafu?, Gary neville? Dennis irwin? Cantona an a legend Gabriel Batistuta? Same icons/legends as were previous

Just thought, instead of league sbc's for pretty useless players. Why not be a prime icon that played in that league? Be worth building for then have 11 icons per major league.just a thought
  • Mido
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They should be released periodically. Base in September, Middle in December, and Prime in March. That way we have cards in game at a similar level.

Not a bad suggestion tbf. I wouldn’t remove them completely. Ea just need to make tournaments with specific requirements and with decent enough rewards that people would play (the potential here is huge, but won’t make them any money), it just needs a bit of creativity. It didn’t work with past WLs as people complained when they introduced requirements and people just subbed off silvers in the first minute anyway.
  • ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero

Just thought, instead of league sbc's for pretty useless players. Why not be a prime icon that played in that league? Be worth building for then have 11 icons per major league.just a thought

I like that idea actually, but man, you think players from small teams are extinct now? Wait until you had an icon as a reward and I think you really would see price fixing, not just the supply and demand price increases you see now.

• Gromit
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    The game needs separating into two end of.

We need a FUT Pro and a FUT regular or whatever you want to call it.

FUT pro for the EA Sport wannabes that want to play with nothing but the elite cards and FUT regular something akin to how the game was a few years ago where it was centred around more modest, more true to life cards and had the bronze and silver modes.

• Retropoe82
    Prices of icons is very high.Too high. I dont think small players are extinct its just us guys discarding them as leagues are pointless this year to work towards.

The idea of fifa bein split ive been saying it for a while. Imagine fut with fifa street as a skill battle royal 20 player lobbys an what you compete for is skill boosts for a create your own player that could reach 99, objectives, tournaments all to help build your 1 player.. make fut all about online compition.open to all.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5452 posts Big Money Move
    I don't think they should be removed, I actually think they should be easier to obtain, but chemistry needs changed to allow players from different leagues/nations to link and NIFs should get a larger boost so Icon's aren't the only way to link teams together and aren't end game players day 1.

I think if players from different leagues got larger boosts and could actually be used together with other leagues, then icons wouldn't be as popular, people would use them for nostalgia, not to make their team unbeatable.
  • Retropoe82
    Fifa the journey, single player..with pro clubs, career mode, manager etc..Fifa Ultimate 20** all about online compition.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Should just scrap out that outdated chem system that they have.