Team names being offensive and childish

Comments

• FrankFrank
    1783 posts Play-Off Hero
    Giggs11 wrote: »
    I seem to come up against team names such as “Madeleine Milan” or “Adam johnsons’s u18’s” all the time and it really pisses me off.

These people seem to think paedophillia or losing a child is funny. I can only hope when they grow up and have kids they will not find it funny any more.

These are the only games I will use the shush running celebration, the dab end move, watch every single replay, score as many goals as I can, AND then send them a message after that will get under their skin.

I always seem to pick up my game against them as well. Motivates me to destroy them when I see these team names haha

Played 'Madeleine Milan' last weekend league and absoutely smashed the bum. Big pleasure. Rq in 30 min. Messaged him afterwards and told him to get his **** together...
  • adoe546
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Racism isn't funny bros. That's what I was referring to about reporting. The stupid interyanan stuff I couldn't care less about.
  • KRANG00
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    The worlds full of snowflakes! Don't think the internet is safe for some of you if you actually get upset by this.

Sure you might not agree or find it funny but just ignore it, it's literally little kids.
  • crackers07
    1023 posts Professional
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    The worlds full of snowflakes! Don't think the internet is safe for some of you if you actually get upset by this.

Sure you might not agree or find it funny but just ignore it, it's literally little kids.

People going on about how it should be shielded from kids make me laugh. It is kids who have these team names. Your kids are going to see a lot worse on the internet than a few offensive team names. Honestly we have much big issues in the world to deal with get a grip.
  • Retropoe82
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    The simple step is that you just block the person. That way you wont have to face them in a game. Some team names are funny an some may find them offensive. Just if they offend you simply block the person at the end of the game all i do..some i report to microsoft an then add a detailed descripition an screen shot my evidence. Its up to the powers that decide if they should take action. Its a free world still (just). Everyone has entitlement to a freedom of expression or speach
  • Gainzy
    897 posts Semi-Pro
    First world problems
  • abcdefg123
    821 posts Semi-Pro
    I find the lack of originality more offensive than the actual team names
  • Gnomenclature
    1925 posts Fans' Favourite
    My team name is burd turglars.... kinda immature for a 30+ dude lol... I blame the bourbon
  • Boysie91
    7725 posts League Winner
    People saying it's a joke but it wasn't even funny in fifa 12 let alone now. When I see stupid names now I just cringe because it's so outdated and over used lol.
  • Anarki301
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anarki301 wrote: »
    How can anyone not being offended by some of those names, are you all right people, what's with that slave mentality? Omg, everyday it seems more and more true, we are truly losing our way as a society ...

I’d argue the opposite. Weak people who literally get offended by everything are a huge part of the reason we are ‘losing our way’

It's not about weak people, it's about something being right or wrong, nobody should put up with anything they think is wrong, it's simple as that.

Anyway you are right in a way, but you are missing the context here, both "sides" have extremist, but I wouldn't say they are equally bad, but they are both in the wrong, but this stuff is not about that.
  • Anarki301
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    How can anyone not being offended by some of those names, are you all right people, what's with that slave mentality? Omg, everyday it seems more and more true, we are truly losing our way as a society ...

Society is built on didferent opinions, not yours alone. The scary thing really is how many people that dont participate in the collective bubble(forum). There’s people who rather sit in their small bubbles(forums), where they’re never wrong, and everyone agrees to the same ideas, constantly only being confirmed. This causes everyone to think they’re absolutely right and only see their own truths.

How can a society presist where everyone is right, and nothing is wrong? It cant, it’s just substance without any actual truth(context). We’re supposed to agree and disagree, and that’s okay. The extra scary part is when we start making big decisions based solely on our emotions, as you’re clearly doing.

Freethinking and participating in an open debate which democracy is built on, offends you enough to call us slaves.
    You’re the slave.

Sorry, but I don't see any relevance in your response to my post, look man, you are missing the context, we are not talking about opinions here, if you name your squad with some nazi **** context, that's not opinion, that's a **** disgrace, how stupid can someone be to do that, you guys might be too young to understand just how dangerous some ideas can be for a stupid and weak minded people, there are literaly hundreds of thousands of dead people just because some idiot had an idea, and we as a society, we don't have any tolerance about some evil ****, no tolerance for hate and all that stuff, I thought this is well passed us as a humanity, but, no, everyday I see people with no memory, with no knowledge about past, and they think they are cute with their tolerance. I'm the most tolerant person in the world, but I have absolutely zero tolerance about some stupid stuff like nazi ****, like hate speech, and that is what are we talking about here, not different opinion, basically you can't have a different opinion about nazi Germany, cmon man, it's just stupid.
  • Burchy
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    And this post shows how “PC” the world is getting. :*
  • crackers07
    1023 posts Professional

Society is built on didferent opinions, not yours alone. The scary thing really is how many people that dont participate in the collective bubble(forum). There’s people who rather sit in their small bubbles(forums), where they’re never wrong, and everyone agrees to the same ideas, constantly only being confirmed. This causes everyone to think they’re absolutely right and only see their own truths.

How can a society presist where everyone is right, and nothing is wrong? It cant, it’s just substance without any actual truth(context). We’re supposed to agree and disagree, and that’s okay. The extra scary part is when we start making big decisions based solely on our emotions, as you’re clearly doing.

Freethinking and participating in an open debate which democracy is built on, offends you enough to call us slaves.
    You’re the slave.

Sorry, but I don't see any relevance in your response to my post, look man, you are missing the context, we are not talking about opinions here, if you name your squad with some nazi **** context, that's not opinion, that's a **** disgrace, how stupid can someone be to do that, you guys might be too young to understand just how dangerous some ideas can be for a stupid and weak minded people, there are literaly hundreds of thousands of dead people just because some idiot had an idea, and we as a society, we don't have any tolerance about some evil ****, no tolerance for hate and all that stuff, I thought this is well passed us as a humanity, but, no, everyday I see people with no memory, with no knowledge about past, and they think they are cute with their tolerance. I'm the most tolerant person in the world, but I have absolutely zero tolerance about some stupid stuff like nazi ****, like hate speech, and that is what are we talking about here, not different opinion, basically you can't have a different opinion about nazi Germany, cmon man, it's just stupid.

To basically say you cant have a different opinion about something no matter how stupid that opinion may well be is nazi like thinking its control.

I am much more concerned for my kids when they are on a night out or at school due to the knife culture we have than them seeing a few stupid team names on a computer game. My son as been stabbed just for trying to help somebody who nobody liked at school so forgive me if i think you are very weak minded if you can rage at a few team names. A real world awaits with real issues.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1562 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is the most square thread I’ve seen! You’re going to be that old man that’s calls the police on kids when their balls goes in to your garden!

Loosen up. In 80 years we’ll all be dead and nothing any of us did will mean anything. Spending time wishing you could report someone for a name they chose is pretty pathetic.
  • Oweyman
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Moe_86 wrote: »
    Moe_86 wrote: »
    Nelmser wrote: »
    Mjdtheman wrote: »
    If it affects you that much you need to look at yourself as a person. Grow up

What a narrow minded thing to say.

Imagine having your own view point and believing that everyone else should share the same opinion as you. Maybe you should grow up?
    I think a lot of guys here they don’t know how much effort we put to raise our kids and to keep them a way from sick peoples. I will not going to be able to react on my son if he one day was playing and faced a team with a serial killer name or what ever it is and he asked me what this means or he started to keep repet these names.
    So ignore these type of people. You can see how much he is full of him self and i am sure he has a team with one of these names and he play in division 7

So are you saying that kids should be sheltered, and kept away from every negative thing in life?

Kids should be raised to think for themselves, and know that if they see an immature, and possibly offensive thing that it's just that, and not something to take to heart.

I'm not one to throw around terms like this, but generation snowflake is in full force in this thread.
    Please after what I've been hearing and see the last few years, yup I want to put my son in a box, what if he saw a team with the n-word in it and he wants to school without you know anything and he starts to repeat it

Chances are your son isn't anywhere near as innocent as you think/ make out. Have you found the crusty sock underneath his bed yet?
  • CeeQue
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    Too many Nancy's here. Just report the C**t and get on with it.
  • Bbkyle
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    i saw "aubangyournan" the other day. made me laugh. sounds like some of you need to be able to take a joke.
  • Torminator
    1289 posts Professional
    edited March 5
    I do think that EA should not promote strange team names in Squad Battles though. I played against an AI team named; Shut the FAcup. Now that shouldnt be happening right?
  • Anarki301
    To basically say you cant have a different opinion about something no matter how stupid that opinion may well be is nazi like thinking its control.

You can have a different opinion about nazi Germany, but it's just plain stupid, and it depends how deep you are, but for some of them, they should be in jail, you know.
    I am much more concerned for my kids when they are on a night out or at school due to the knife culture we have than them seeing a few stupid team names on a computer game. My son as been stabbed just for trying to help somebody who nobody liked at school so forgive me if i think you are very weak minded if you can rage at a few team names. A real world awaits with real issues.

This is a real issue, it's the same thing, hate drives these people, hate against somebody for just being different than them, weather they have a knife or a pen in their hand, these things go hand in hand, one breeds the other, there is no room for any hate, it always leads to problems, there is nothing good to come out of it, so it doesn't matter if it's a nickname, a squad name, text on the shirt, a knife in the hand, one is product of the other and vice verse.

PS: I don't rage about anything, maybe parking sometimes, and I never said anywhere that I rage, actually don't think I even notice other squad names, my response is just about anybody, and I mean anybody, being okay with insulting, in this case, squad names, for me, that is not normal.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ah, snowflakes.

Good luck being an adult, you're going to need it.

Maybe not when the benefits money comes in though.
  • FCBlunt
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero

You’re the slave.

Yes, we are talking opinions here. It’s exactly what we’re doing, and you’re fitting yours into a context that suits you, just like I talked about.

Ofc it’s distasteful making jokes about what the Nazi’s did. I visited Auswitch and another camp, and I understand that we cant even imagine the horror, no matter how hard we try... But I also understand that people make fun of even horrible things, and its not always because they’re bad people. It’s a way for us to deal with such horrors, especially ones we cant even imagine.

We don’t share different opinions about Nazi Germany, most, if not all of us thinks it’s horrible.
    There’s just different reactions to everything, some get butthurt like you, others make jokes. It’s all based on opinion as I said.

If you fear for your(the) children, maybe you should be a better parent. You cant just put your kid infront of a pc and expect the internet to babysit for you. It’s like parents thinking that schools are some parenting tool for rasing their kids. It’s ridiculous imo.
  • Bbkyle

You can have a different opinion about nazi Germany, but it's just plain stupid, and it depends how deep you are, but for some of them, they should be in jail, you know.

This is a real issue, it's the same thing, hate drives these people, hate against somebody for just being different than them, weather they have a knife or a pen in their hand, these things go hand in hand, one breeds the other, there is no room for any hate, it always leads to problems, there is nothing good to come out of it, so it doesn't matter if it's a nickname, a squad name, text on the shirt, a knife in the hand, one is product of the other and vice verse.

PS: I don't rage about anything, maybe parking sometimes, and I never said anywhere that I rage, actually don't think I even notice other squad names, my response is just about anybody, and I mean anybody, being okay with insulting, in this case, squad names, for me, that is not normal.

calls himself "anarki" and compares a funny team name on Fifa to Nazi Germany. embarrassment.
  • mr_flibble
    220 posts Sunday League Hero
    I made the same post before and it got locked without EA or moderators saying that these names shouldn't be allowed.

EA therefore Obviously condones the behaviour so there isn't much that can be done about it.

Anyone who says 'snowflakes' etc is ridiculous. This wasn't an issue 20 years ago as the internet didn't exist. In any other situation this would not be acceptable (on a t-shirt, on a poster etc) and wasnt 20 years ago.
  • Flatout gamer93
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 5
    Why not just name your team “Class on Grass”? Very unique, never seen before.

• SomeNextGuy
    2028 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 5
    adoe546 wrote: »
    I made the same post before and it got locked without EA or moderators saying that these names shouldn't be allowed.

EA therefore Obviously condones the behaviour so there isn't much that can be done about it.

Anyone who says 'snowflakes' etc is ridiculous. This wasn't an issue 20 years ago as the internet didn't exist. In any other situation this would not be acceptable (on a t-shirt, on a poster etc) and wasnt 20 years ago.

20 years ago? A lot more was acceptable back then than is now.

Add another ten or twenty years on top of that and racism was basically widespread and nothing more than frowned upon at best.
  • Bbkyle
    go to your safe room and have a little cry next time you see one?
  • Ishibum
    11803 posts Has That Special Something

You’re the slave.

Technically, that is still an opinion.
  • Ishibum
    11803 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 5
    I will also say, this is a weird hill for people to die on. I wish the ability to report folk was easier (be it for team names, be it for cheating), but I'm not going to lose sleep because of a team name.

Also, if you use "snowflake" in your vocabulary, you're usually more likely to be easily triggered by stuff than the people you're calling it to (based purely on anecdotal evidence of course).
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    "interyernan" doesn't bother me. Didn't know my Nan ;)

"shewasonly11" is pretty cringe. Unoriginal, not funny, but wouldn't go out of my way to report it

But when people have **** like "kony'sU9s" or the n-word spelled in such a way to get through filters, or some team with Saudi players with ISIS in the name (all of these are things that I've seen pop up)... I do wish there was a mechanism to flag these. **** those guys, let em sit out a one week PS4 ban
  • The_WC
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    I wouldn’t take it personally, they’re probably 10 years old and unable to see past their own noses yet.

Go on warren