Team names being offensive and childish

Covkilla91mob
117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Sick of seeing teams interurnan and such makes me mad ,I was very close to my nan and don't get me wrong I love beating these players with such sick names and tbh i can't name my club speed but all these other things just shows how little effort EA sports care about it.

Comments

• adoe546
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I wish you could report names. I played someone with a racist name and couldn't figure out a way to report them.
  • Nelmser
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Too many immature children playing this game.
  • Dis_Play
    308 posts Sunday League Hero
    Score and dab, score and dab, score and dab against these childs.😂
  • Giggs11
    261 posts Sunday League Hero
    I seem to come up against team names such as “Madeleine Milan” or “Adam johnsons’s u18’s” all the time and it really pisses me off.

These people seem to think paedophillia or losing a child is funny. I can only hope when they grow up and have kids they will not find it funny any more.

These are the only games I will use the shush running celebration, the dab end move, watch every single replay, score as many goals as I can, AND then send them a message after that will get under their skin.

I always seem to pick up my game against them as well. Motivates me to destroy them when I see these team names haha
  • FCKopenhagenFAN
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I remember back in fifa 12 one third of the teams was called Ebony toast, dyslexia untied ect. Didnt mind it. But i do agree teamnames have gotten alot more offensive
  • TheFaries_77
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I played interurnan also.
  • WarrenBarton
    6728 posts Big Money Move
    I wouldn’t take it personally, they’re probably 10 years old and unable to see past their own noses yet.

• BeardGang
    784 posts Semi-Pro
    Report them to the headteacher
  • Sick of seeing teams interurnan and such makes me mad ,I was very close to my nan and don't get me wrong I love beating these players with such sick names and tbh i can't name my club speed but all these other things just shows how little effort EA sports care about it.

They’re not specifically talking about your nan. This just can’t offend you
  • Rookie_Gold1
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    You guys gotta lighten up. No ones targeting you - they r just trying to be funny in an immature way. Before it was "glass on grass" " try don't cry" now it's sexist tags
  • Nelmser
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mjdtheman wrote: »
    If it affects you that much you need to look at yourself as a person. Grow up

What a narrow minded thing to say.

Imagine having your own view point and believing that everyone else should share the same opinion as you. Maybe you should grow up?
  • HulkSmashPotato
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    There is more important things in life to worry about than a few silly team names.

Sticks and stones break my bones but names will never hurt me..... Was drummed into me as a kid and is drummed into mine
  • Moe_86
    681 posts Semi-Pro
    Nelmser wrote: »

Imagine having your own view point and believing that everyone else should share the same opinion as you. Maybe you should grow up?
    I think a lot of guys here they don’t know how much effort we put to raise our kids and to keep them a way from sick peoples. I will not going to be able to react on my son if he one day was playing and faced a team with a serial killer name or what ever it is and he asked me what this means or he started to keep repet these names.
    So ignore these type of people. You can see how much he is full of him self and i am sure he has a team with one of these names and he play in division 7
  • Moe_86
    681 posts Semi-Pro
    There is more important things in life to worry about than a few silly team names.

Sticks and stones break my bones but names will never hurt me..... Was drummed into me as a kid and is drummed into mine
    it will not go to affect you since I guess you are a grown man. But what about your son or your daughter.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2058 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 5
    Moe_86 wrote: »

I think a lot of guys here they don’t know how much effort we put to raise our kids and to keep them a way from sick peoples. I will not going to be able to react on my son if he one day was playing and faced a team with a serial killer name or what ever it is and he asked me what this means or he started to keep repet these names.
    So ignore these type of people. You can see how much he is full of him self and i am sure he has a team with one of these names and he play in division 7

So are you saying that kids should be sheltered, and kept away from every negative thing in life?

Kids should be raised to think for themselves, and know that if they see an immature, and possibly offensive thing that it's just that, and not something to take to heart.

I'm not one to throw around terms like this, but generation snowflake is in full force in this thread.
  • HulkSmashPotato
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 5

it will not go to affect you since I guess you are a grown man. But what about your son or your daughter.

Living in the middle of London, I will take a few offensive team names. Them sitting playing a few games should be and always will a relief from the real world. Its the N0nces you need to watch out for not a 11 year old who doesn't understand. Like i say there is more important things to worry about
  • Moe_86
    681 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 5

So are you saying that kids should be sheltered, and kept away from every negative thing in life?

Kids should be raised to think for themselves, and know that if they see an immature, and possibly offensive thing that it's just that, and not something to take to heart.

I'm not one to throw around terms like this, but generation snowflake is in full force in this thread.
    Please after what I've been hearing and see the last few years, yup I want to put my son in a box, what if he saw a team with the n-word in it and he wants to school without you know anything and he starts to repeat it
  • SomeNextGuy

Please after what I've been hearing and see the last few years, yup I want to but my son in a box, what if he saw a team with the n-word in it and he wants to school without you know anything and he starts to repeat it

Then he'd get in trouble, and you'd have a strong word with him, and he wouldn't do it again.
  • FCBlunt
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    Too many immature children playing this game.

Too many immature grown ups who cant take some banter too.

It’s **** jokes man, come on. If you’re that easily offended, why do you even go onto the internet? Grow a pair, OP.
  • Moe_86
    681 posts Semi-Pro

Please after what I've been hearing and see the last few years, yup I want to but my son in a box, what if he saw a team with the n-word in it and he wants to school without you know anything and he starts to repeat it

Then he'd get in trouble, and you'd have a strong word with him, and he wouldn't do it again.
    Mmmm sounds very convenient.
  • SomeNextGuy

Mmmm sounds very convenient.

Indeed it is.

Obviously some kids just suck, so it might not work the first time, or the second, or the fifteenth, but it's got to be done right?
  • DanValletta
    1085 posts Professional
    I have a very inoffensive team name in FUT FC. @Covkilla91mob @Nelmser @Moe_86 I see your frustrations, I don't particularly enjoy seeing them myself.

The thing is though. They are not aimed at you personally which is key here.
    Instead of trying to censor things use them as tools to teach others what not to do etc.
    I actually envy anyone who's got enough time/energy to get offended by some pixels on a game.
    I really think you are lucky not have bigger problems going on in your life.
  • alex1987
    5190 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 5
    I come up against She was only XI, Adam's U16, Inter Yernan and Madeleine Milan like every other match.
  • Anarki301
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    How can anyone not being offended by some of those names, are you all right people, what's with that slave mentality? Omg, everyday it seems more and more true, we are truly losing our way as a society ...
  • Nazgul
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I get more offended seeing KFC used in the teams abbreviation, I can’t keep being tempted into eating the colonel’s chicken
  • FCBlunt
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 5
    Anarki301 wrote: »
    How can anyone not being offended by some of those names, are you all right people, what's with that slave mentality? Omg, everyday it seems more and more true, we are truly losing our way as a society ...

Society is built on didferent opinions, not yours alone. The scary thing really is how many people that dont participate in the collective bubble(forum). There’s people who rather sit in their small bubbles(forums), where they’re never wrong, and everyone agrees to the same ideas, constantly only being confirmed. This causes everyone to think they’re absolutely right and only see their own truths.

How can a society presist where everyone is right, and nothing is wrong? It cant, it’s just substance without any actual truth(context). We’re supposed to agree and disagree, and that’s okay. The extra scary part is when we start making big decisions based solely on our emotions, as you’re clearly doing.

Freethinking and participating in an open debate which democracy is built on, offends you enough to call us slaves.
    You’re the slave.
    Post edited by FCBlunt on