So how are you countering this drop back nonsense?

P1tch_1nvaderz88
12610 posts Has That Special Something
Are you matching your opponent? Or keeping possession and drawing them out?

Or are you just going hung ho and all out attack, pegging them in their own half?

Comments

• Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    Go to delete account press confirm. Enjoy life
  • emylonas
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    Possession + skill moves + pressure after possession loss
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Pay2Lose wrote: »
    Go to delete account press confirm. Enjoy life

It's too late for me to be saved bro :D FIFA 20 tho....that however will be getting mahoosive swerve from me
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    emylonas wrote: »

Formation you having joy using these tactics in mate?
  • Springveldt
    4428 posts National Call-Up
    By not playing. Have only started the game up once in the last week and even then I forfeited 3 out of the 5 games I attempted to play due to terrible game play.
  • SP300x
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Formations with LM and RM (41212 wide or 451) the two wide mids add a bit more unpredictability than LW and RW do
  • emylonas
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    emylonas wrote: »

Formation you having joy using these tactics in mate?

It depends on the opponents formation. Mostly 433-4, but sometimes 352.

It takes some adapting though... until you learn how your team moves and how your opponent reacts in each formation... plus skills moves takes sometime to become natural... It made me hate the game and myself for a while, but now it’s been worth it. Hang in there and appreciate the journey! Good luck!😀
  • DFC1983
    664 posts An Exciting Prospect
    4-2-3-1. (2) Increase the players in the box, increase depth, pressure on heavy touch. Left and RB on stay back.

These drop back boys are resorting to long ball tactics which your L/R B's are there to stop them on the wings. CBs cover the centre.

Average shots against me right now playing them is about 5, my average shots against them is about 25.

Your wingers draw their full backs out, your CMs nullify their CMs leaving your striker in a 1on2 situation (where if you're good enough) you can take advantage of.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    DFC1983 wrote: »
    4-2-3-1. (2) Increase the players in the box, increase depth, pressure on heavy touch. Left and RB on stay back.

These drop back boys are resorting to long ball tactics which your L/R B's are there to stop them on the wings. CBs cover the centre.

Average shots against me right now playing them is about 5, my average shots against them is about 25.

Your wingers draw their full backs out, your CMs nullify their CMs leaving your striker in a 1on2 situation (where if you're good enough) you can take advantage of.

Thanks for the in depth reply mate :)
  • SinkXI
    752 posts Semi-Pro
    352 all weekend worked an absolute treat. Occasionally caught on the counter but on the whole offers so much going forward with plenty cover. There’s a thread solely for 352 custom tactics etc , Been using them and was a couple wins off an elite finish after regularly only reaching g2
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    SinkXI wrote: »
    352 all weekend worked an absolute treat. Occasionally caught on the counter but on the whole offers so much going forward with plenty cover. There’s a thread solely for 352 custom tactics etc , Been using them and was a couple wins off an elite finish after regularly only reaching g2

Will check it out. Thanks
  • NewRave7
    75 posts Park Captain
    Where are all of you people at. Everyone on here says they don’t play PTB. But in game you guys are nowhere to be found
  • Empyrium7
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite

this
    I just want to add that playing with your FBs on balanced is better against PTB players.
    I just like to involve my FBs in the attack which creates a lot of 2v1 situations on the sides, plus if the opponent over committed on the sides it will leave your CDMs, CAM and striker wide open for passes in the middle.

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

this
    I just want to add that playing with your FBs on balanced is better against PTB players.
    I just like to involve my FBs in the attack which creates a lot of 2v1 situations on the sides, plus if the opponent over committed on the sides it will leave your CDMs, CAM and striker wide open for passes in the middle.

Recently changed my fullbacks to balanced actually. Really good going forward. Only issue I had was their stamina sometimes
  • GoodnightIrene
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    I rarely play, but when I do encounter these players I play for the 0-0 and attempt to retain possession all game.

If they get through I either hack en down for a penalty and quit or dashboard.

Gg imo pals
  • DFC1983
    664 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Balanced is good no doubt about it. Perhaps Balanced is best while at a draw, stay back when winning then? I only suggest stay back because most of the long balls are sent up to 90+ pace wingers.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    I rarely play, but when I do encounter these players I play for the 0-0 and attempt to retain possession all game.

If they get through I either hack en down for a penalty and quit or dashboard.

Gg imo pals

:D :D
  • Stonebridge
    1146 posts Professional
    Keep posession, patience and overlapping fullbacks, when they counter just rotational fouling
  • Empyrium7
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

this

Recently changed my fullbacks to balanced actually. Really good going forward. Only issue I had was their stamina sometimes

I don't have any problems with stamina on my FBs while playing press on heavy touch.
    try it out and don't sprint a lot with your FBs. only when needed and there is a space to exploit.
  • Empyrium7
    Balanced is good no doubt about it. Perhaps Balanced is best while at a draw, stay back when winning then? I only suggest stay back because most of the long balls are sent up to 90+ pace wingers.

I can't play with my FBs on stay back. I like the support and width they provide on the sides.

I manually track runs on the sides. sometimes they get through though. but it will happen even when they are set to stay back.
  • Momus
    1817 posts Play-Off Hero
    3 ATB, all our attack, get a goal. The funny thing about these people is that even when you’re a goal up, they won’t try and get the ball and attack so it’s possession from then onwards. Literally been 2-0 up against one of these guys just passing it about on the half way line while he’s controlling Kante near the edge of the box. He called me a time waster afterwards haha
  • Empyrium7
    Momus wrote: »
    3 ATB, all our attack, get a goal. The funny thing about these people is that even when you’re a goal up, they won’t try and get the ball and attack so it’s possession from then onwards. Literally been 2-0 up against one of these guys just passing it about on the half way line while he’s controlling Kante near the edge of the box. He called me a time waster afterwards haha

happens a lot with me. If I can't find a good chance to go forward, I just go back to my CBs and start again, never rush against these *****
    was winning 3-1 this WL and the guy doesn't want to choose the closes player to the ball and kept 2nd man press me in his half. it's easy to take one AI player.

the thing is they don't know how to build up attack I think, they are used to the Ping pong Counter attack BS.