Comments

• WryLucky
    2751 posts Fans' Favourite
    Loan cards should be allowed.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    mr_flibble wrote: »
    Perfect example of toxic fifa community. I think the punishment for quitting at kick off should be much more severe. I hope all 30 of your games this weekend have a loan card so you quit them all!

Nah only had 3 mate and only playing to 11 wins as I've pretty much lost interest in this broken game so I can afford to forfeit these games.

Why ruin it for other people though?

They should have a timer for people quitting if they are not loosing. Ban you from matchmaking for an hour or so. They won't though as it won't make ea any more money and would only improve the player experience.

Or they could just ban loan cards from the competitive game mode like they did with attribute cards. Simple fix.
  • BigPapiFifa89
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Haha this thread is not going how you planned 😆
  • mr_flibble
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    DukeAgain wrote: »
    Perfect example of toxic fifa community. I think the punishment for quitting at kick off should be much more severe. I hope all 30 of your games this weekend have a loan card so you quit them all!

Nah only had 3 mate and only playing to 11 wins as I've pretty much lost interest in this broken game so I can afford to forfeit these games.

If you've lost interest then why keep playing?

Because I have invested a fair bit of time into the game to be where I am now so I'm seeing the year out and playing for auto qualification only.

And you said rivals is also a competitive game mode but that isn't true. Loan cards should only be allowed outside of fut champs.

When the fun stops, stop!

They should have a timer for people quitting if they are not loosing. Ban you from matchmaking for an hour or so. They won't though as it won't make ea any more money and would only improve the player experience.

Or they could just ban loan cards from the competitive game mode like they did with attribute cards. Simple fix.

But they haven't therefore why take the rules into your own hands?
    Loans cards in weekend league isn't an issue and if it was it is so insignificant versus others in the game!
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Haha this thread is not going how you planned 😆

Nope not at all :D

Don't really care tbh I stand by my comments. People can call me toxic for this all they like but I'm far from one of the many toxic players in the game. I just refuse to play loan cards in fut champs.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

If you've lost interest then why keep playing?

Because I have invested a fair bit of time into the game to be where I am now so I'm seeing the year out and playing for auto qualification only.

And you said rivals is also a competitive game mode but that isn't true. Loan cards should only be allowed outside of fut champs.

When the fun stops, stop!

But they haven't therefore why take the rules into your own hands?
    Loans cards in weekend league isn't an issue and if it was it is so insignificant versus others in the game!

I'm only backing out of a match you would think I killed someone with the way yous are all getting on :D
  • Colt_seevers
    1411 posts Professional
    Course they should be allowed. Not everyone has millions to splurge on icons/toty cards. If some guy wants to do a loan then let him
  • Jonboyparker
    6211 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2019
    Yes. Makes no difference. People have invested in a card that has limited games. They can’t sell it and they lose those coins. Why not let them use it?

Personally I have no desire to buy a loan card but I have nothing against anyone that does. Loans are part and parcel of football. It’s only a game
  • MayJ44
    55 posts Park Captain

I dont mind loan cards.. i want to play the best of the best so i get better myself. How old are you?

I have no issues playing a team full of icons and TOTY cards if they own them but something really triggers me with loan cards it feels like cheating to me. Age is completely irrelevant here.

Kind of childish behavior imo.But hey do what makes you feel good.

Well maybe the kid inside of me is showing but honestly I don't really care as these cards shouldn't be allowed in a competitive mode and I refuse to lose a game against someone using loan cards.

And who the hell are you to say what cards should or shouldn’t be allowed in game modes? End of the day loan players are part and parcel of the game and allows those that don’t have huge coin balances a chance to play with high rated cards and close the gap on the whole p2w aspect.
  • Batman442
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    Yes they should, how can someone be sure if an icon will be good enough for WL other than trying his loan card in WL
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Batman442 wrote: »
    Yes they should, how can someone be sure if an icon will be good enough for WL other than trying his loan card in WL

Rivals is also a pretty high standard so if you're loan icon is good enough for rivals then the Icon will be good enough for WL.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Can't believe the hate I'm getting for this in a game that the majority of people are scared to play away games and drop back never controlling defenders or using the tackle button letting the AI do everything for them.

I can guarantee half the people hating in this thread are guilty of at least one of these if not both yet I'm the toxic one....this community makes me laugh :D
  • DukeAgain
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Rivals is competitive, EA even describes it as a new competition. You will COMPETE against others!

Discover your place in the FUT community and take on players of a similar skill level from around the world in Division Rivals. In this brand-new mode for FUT 19, you'll compete against others in your Division to earn a selection of weekly rewards to choose from that can help you improve your squad.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Rivals is competitive, EA even describes it as a new competition. You will COMPETE against others!

Discover your place in the FUT community and take on players of a similar skill level from around the world in Division Rivals. In this brand-new mode for FUT 19, you'll compete against others in your Division to earn a selection of weekly rewards to choose from that can help you improve your squad.

@DukeAgain Are you actually serious here? Do you even understand what a competitive mode is? Its not just any mode that you compete against others :D

Out of interest how many people qualify for pro tournaments through rivals then? :D
  • Jonboyparker
    6211 posts Big Money Move
    Can't believe the hate I'm getting for this in a game that the majority of people are scared to play away games and drop back never controlling defenders or using the tackle button letting the AI do everything for them.

I can guarantee half the people hating in this thread are guilty of at least one of these if not both yet I'm the toxic one....this community makes me laugh :D

Your entitled to you opinion and I’m sure others agree with you. Personally I don’t think it makes any difference becuase it’s only a game.

What the difference betweeen a loan card used for 10 matches and a bought card used for 10 matches and then sold. The only difference is you can’t sell a loan card.

Is the issue, people with small coins balances shouldn’t have good cards. That’s sucks for them doesn’t it? Let them use a card for 10 games so they can enjoy the game. It’s a win for everyone.
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    Get rid of loan cards completely from online gameplay you wanna try a card go play against the cpu
  • Noviembre17
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I face with an opponent who has loan players rarely, maybe 1 in 20 matches. So Too much crying for an unimportant stuff.
  • DukeAgain
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park

@DukeAgain Are you actually serious here? Do you even understand what a competitive mode is? Its not just any mode that you compete against others :D

Out of interest how many people qualify for pro tournaments through rivals then? :D

Do you understand the word competitive?

I give up,you can't argue with stupid.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    edited March 2019

Your entitled to you opinion and I’m sure others agree with you. Personally I don’t think it makes any difference becuase it’s only a game.

What the difference betweeen a loan card used for 10 matches and a bought card used for 10 matches and then sold. The only difference is you can’t sell a loan card.

Is the issue, people with small coins balances shouldn’t have good cards. That’s sucks for them doesn’t it? Let them use a card for 10 games so they can enjoy the game. It’s a win for everyone.

Thanks mate at last a bit of reasoning even if you don't agree with my opinion.

The thing that gets me is people either spend alot of time or money to acquire the top players in the game to use in this so called competitive game mode to come up against someone using the loan version of the same cards and my opinion is this shouldn't be allowed.

Attribute cards used to be allowed and got banned for pretty much this same reason as people were able to boost their low rated cards to match top rated cards which was defeating the purpose of people paying money or investing alot of time to get the better players. I feel using loan cards is giving a similar disadvantage to people who have grinded one way or another to get these top players.

My point is the people that can't afford the top cards could still use these loans in every mode outside of fut champs to get to try these players out. I don't think this is unreasonable at all tbh.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

Do you understand the word competitive?

I give up,you can't argue with stupid.

@DukeAgain sorry mate but you're the one not understanding what a competitive game mode is and have the audacity to call me stupid :D

I will ask again how many people qualify for pro tournaments through rivals then if it's a competitive mode?

None would be the answer as it isn't a competitive game mode in fut.
  • parky83
    438 posts Sunday League Hero
    when i have a loan icon i always leave on the bench and bring on if needed so wouldnt catch me like that ha ha
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    parky83 wrote: »
    when i have a loan icon i always leave on the bench and bring on if needed so wouldnt catch me like that ha ha

You would catch me out then :D
  • Headshrinker363
    5844 posts Big Money Move
    A bit off me hates facing them, then I think it’s a good idea to see if the players are WL standard. It does get abused though, maybe a limit as to how many can be used per game would be a happy medium.
  • SomeGuy17
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Personally, it irritates me when I face a team full of loans. Maybe limit to 1 loan player. I've played a team with 8 loan icons and it's really irritating to see that
  • parky83
    438 posts Sunday League Hero

lol i would still lose mate as im pure ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    A bit off me hates facing them, then I think it’s a good idea to see if the players are WL standard. It does get abused though, maybe a limit as to how many can be used per game would be a happy medium.
    SomeGuy17 wrote: »
    Personally, it irritates me when I face a team full of loans. Maybe limit to 1 loan player. I've played a team with 8 loan icons and it's really irritating to see that

I honestly don't think any should be allowed in FUT champs but a limit of 1 would certainly be an improvement.

Earlier one of the games I quit out of had moments Seedorf, Petit and Prime R9. That's a joke tbh as he had a mediocre team around them.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

lol i would still lose mate as im pure ****

I like your honesty mate haha
  • Jim
    1383 posts Professional
    edited March 2019

The thing that gets me is people either spend alot of time or money to acquire the top players in the game to use in this so called competitive game mode to come up against someone using the loan version of the same cards and my opinion is this shouldn't be allowed.

You keep harping on about “competitive mode” in this thread yet are ok with pay to win? That totally undermines your point.

If someone can avoid the skill and effort required to obtain the top cards by just throwing thousands at EA than the loan cards don’t bother me at all.
  • ml1dch
    1531 posts Play-Off Hero

I'm pretty sure that a traffic cone would be able to catch you out.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Jim wrote: »

You keep harping on about “competitive mode” in this thread yet are ok with pay to win? That totally undermines your point.

If someone can avoid the skill and effort required to obtain the top cards by just throwing thousands at EA than the loan cards don’t bother me at all.

The pay to win aspect is something EA would never remove though as it's how they make most of their money. Removing loan cards from fut champs wouldn't cost them a penny.

FPs will be banned soon enough though and if people are silly enough to throw money into this game that's their choice.