OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Low Ki
    11743 posts Has That Special Something
    Sources tell Variety that the deal for the original four Marvel shows includes a clause that prevents the characters from appearing in any non-Netflix series or film for at least two years after cancellation. That means that “Daredevil,” “Luke Cage,” and “Iron Fist” — which were all canceled this year at Netflix — could not come to the Disney streaming service until 2020 at the earliest.

The chances of the shows returning either on their own or as a new installment of “The Defenders” is definitely a long shot, given the time frame. And even if they did go to Disney+ as soon as possible, they would be doing so without “Jessica Jones,” which is set to air its third season on Netflix sometime in 2019. If that show is canceled, which now seems likely but is by no means a guarantee, it could not go elsewhere until 2021.

Marvel and Netflix declined to comment.

Then there is “The Punisher,” a Marvel-Netflix show that was not part of the deal that spawned “The Defenders.” “The Punisher” stars Jon Bernthal, who first played the gun-toting vigilante in “Daredevil” Season 2 before the character was spun off into his own show. It was revealed on Wednesday that the second season of “The Punisher” will debut in January. Given that “The Punisher” did not fall under the original deal, the show’s fate beyond Season 2 is unknown at this time.

I think they could end up on Hulu as Disney is set to become the majority stakeholder after the Fox acquisition, but that 2 year layoff looks bleak unless thy can cut a deal to waive it.

I think that's why they're going guns blazing with shows like Loki, Winder Soldier & Falcon and the Scarlet Witch/Vision series on the Disney streaming service. R-rated shows are definitely destined for Hulu.
  • xHerdie
    3989 posts National Call-Up
    Just finished the Umbrella Academy. Honestly never paid any attention to the comics so was going in blind

Wasn’t too bad. Pretty predictable but still worth a watch. They set it up for another season as well if it gets renewed.

Favorite character was definitely Klaus (spelling). His character development was pretty cool
  • P
    7499 posts League Winner
    Yeah Klaus is the star of the show for sure. Made misfits good while he was on it as well.
  • Low Ki
    On the other side, Diego was the worst by far almost tied with Mary J Blige. I'd rate the highlights: Klaus, Number 5, Ellen Page towards the end.

The quality does veer from top tier Netflix to bad CW superhero pretty often. I'm glad I could barely remember much of the plot since reading the book though, enjoyed the ride getting there and getting the gaps filled in.
  • xHerdie
    Finally got around to watching Spider-Man into the spider verse... such a good movie!

Really hope it gets picked up for a sequel
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31653 posts National Team Captain
    Will Smith no longer in suicide squad 2
  • Apollo
    14144 posts Has That Special Something
    Regarding the Captain Marvel trailer...
    So who reckons Goose the cat is the one who does that to Fury's eye? :D
  • Low Ki

TPP: The Phantom Pain
    DS: Death Stranding

Chances on this being accurate? :lol:
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    Arrow ending after season 8 :'(
  • xHerdie
    krakos000 wrote: »

Came on the forums just to post this

So sad but honestly if this season finishes the way it started and continues into next, I won’t be as upset. This season has been the best by far in comparison to the last few.
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    xHerdie wrote: »

So sad but honestly if this season finishes the way it started and continues into next, I won’t be as upset. This season has been the best by far in comparison to the last few.

I'd rather it end on a good note tbh than carry on too long and end **** cough cough dexter cough
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    xHerdie wrote: »

I'd rather it end on a good note tbh than carry on too long and end **** cough cough dexter cough

Tbf to Dexter, the final season was good up until the Finale. Lmao
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Season 8 will also only be 10 episodes
  • Low Ki
    Seems like its their big plan for Crisis on Infinite Earths next year?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited March 7
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Seems like its their big plan for Crisis on Infinite Earths next year?

Yeah that was the rumor when the initial rumor broke last week that they were ending next season. I meant to post about that. I read they are planning on ending with the crossover.

Also, Idris Elba replacing Will Smith as Deadshot. Fantastic replacement imo. And Joel Kinnaman is apparently not reprising his role as Rick Flag. James Gunn supposedly wanting to bring in new characters and not bring back Rick Flag.
  • Apollo
    As much as the current stuff in this series of Arrow has been really good, I find the future stuff very boring. Ruining a good series imo
  • Apollo
    So when are you all going to see Captain Marvel then? Will hopefully see it over the weekend myself
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    So when are you all going to see Captain Marvel then? Will hopefully see it over the weekend myself

Tonight for the missus' birthday! I'll post my thoughts later
  • Apollo

Nice! I just found out that my friend I always go and see the Marvel films with has to work over the weekend, so I'll have to wait until next week now, can't break tradition :sweat_smile:
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Captain marvel was entertaining

Not the best marvel film ever

But a decent way to waste two hours
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    Seeing it right now. Will report back
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class

Nice! I just found out that my friend I always go and see the Marvel films with has to work over the weekend, so I'll have to wait until next week now, can't break tradition :sweat_smile:

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. A great origin story for her and an intro to the Kree/Skrull conflict. I hope they delve into secret wars and that conflict next phase but for now...BRING ON ENDGAME!! AND BRING CAROL THANOS!!! She will **** him up...I like her character and I can't wait to see her fighting next to the avengers!

Also LOVE Goose and Fury haha.
  • xHerdie
    Just finished it. Thought it was very good. end game is going to be insane

Also that mid credit scene :o awesome
  • Low Ki
    I'd give it a 7/10. Goose was the real star though. It's pretty much the Marvel formula executed well, but nothing groundbreaking. Think the best way to describe what it was lacking is that it as good actors working with a pretty by the book and safe script.

Pretty similar to Doctor Strange in that regard.
  • P
    7499 posts League Winner
    6/10 for me. Totally agree it felt like Dr strange. Just a stepping stone movie. Not one memorable fight scene. Just disappointing all round for me if I'm honest. The de aging cgi was pretty amazing tho. Wonder woman is a wayyyyyyy better movie. Didn't think I'd say that.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited March 10
    P wrote: »
    6/10 for me. Totally agree it felt like Dr strange. Just a stepping stone movie. Not one memorable fight scene. Just disappointing all round for me if I'm honest. The de aging cgi was pretty amazing tho. Wonder woman is a wayyyyyyy better movie. Didn't think I'd say that.

This is about the general consensus of everyone I've talked too who's views I trust. A lot of them said they felt there was little to know growth in her character throughout the movie and that her acting was.... "stagnant" in a way. I'm going to try and check it out before Avengers, but I'm in no rush.
  • Low Ki
    I wouldn't say that, I thought the persona hey went for was more Jason Bourne-ish with the suppressed emotions but we got glimmers here and there.

I remember Damon getting similar complaints for the first Bourne movie but I liked the nuances of the little things in between.
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    P wrote: »

This is about the general consensus of everyone I've talked too who's views I trust. A lot of them said they felt there was little to know growth in her character throughout the movie and that her acting was.... "stagnant" in a way. I'm going to try and check it out before Avengers, but I'm in no rush.

I dont want to talk TOO much about my opinions as they'll be spoilery I'm sure but her growth throughout the movie was her figuring out who she really is, and I mean how does everyone expect her to act all happy go lucky?? Her whole arc in the movie is based on confusion, conspiracy and not believing in herself. That's my personal opinion anyway and I'm sure she will be more what people expect her to be, in Endgame.
  • Argie8
    5721 posts Big Money Move
    CaptainMarvel ain't half as bad as people are making out online. It's one of the lesser entries into the MCU imo but thats more of a testament to the strength of the film series. Good...not great, but sometimes just "good" is enough!

• XxRichiexRichxX
    Argie8 wrote: »
    CaptainMarvel ain't half as bad as people are making out online. It's one of the lesser entries into the MCU imo but thats more of a testament to the strength of the film series. Good...not great, but sometimes just "good" is enough!

yeah a lot of the negativity online is blinded by all the drama going around with Brie... Every once and a while you can find a sensible one.