Are we a liability to ourselves?

Poolstu123
720 posts An Exciting Prospect
After receiving some hate at the weekend via msg and reading a few of these threads today, I believe the biggest problem after the game play is us!

Short disclaimer.
I’ve never touched ptb or drop back in and Fifa, not my style I start in an attacking play and usually finish even more so. I may still be the lone survivor of the ‘full backs attack’ option.
I also don’t buy in to this home/away BS invented by top 100 players to avoid each other yet seems to have evolved in to a ‘thing’

The message I received was the usual abuse when you win (comfortably I may add) ‘bro why you spend whole match on drop back and counter and what **** move trying to play all your games at home’

If I remember correctly I had nearly 60% possession and over 20 shots but this was his ‘go to’ remark and as I said I’d feel dirty playing defensive and I really do just play the next game no matter what

My point to this is we make this crap up! Us, and then somehow in a very short time it becomes reality.
You could blame forums or YouTubers or whatever (youtubers definitely the worse for it)

We all spend most our time complaining how utterly idiotic EA and it’s employees are yet on the reverse we give them this evil genius status that they’re masterminding a coup on our sanity.

We know what’s ‘in the game’ and in my opinion it’s worse (or at least more blatant and predictable) this year than ever but we’re sliding in to the whole ‘conspiracy conspiracy’ where there a general bad things going on against us but the real problems are diluted and ignored because they’ve decided to throw flat earthers and Elvis still working in my chippy BS in to the mix

Comments

• Yusuf11
    1837 posts Play-Off Hero
    That's society for you. The ignorant of any firld will attack you with clichés they've memorised not actually analysing what's happening

My team is a RTG and I kept getting messages of daddy's credit card but I responded with I love you too and some calmed down and gave a GG
  • AJS-17
    850 posts Semi-Pro
    Kind of agree with some stuff your saying there, I feel like everything gets massively exaggerated quite often.. I quite enjoy playing against people on drop back as I try press my opponents and win the ball back high up the pitch... But I think in the fifa community there is quite a mob mentality and everyone kind of follows the same thing. i.e. someone will say tactic is OP or a certain player is 'META' (god i hate that saying) and everyone kind of just goes with it and does said thing rather than trying to work out what works best for them they follow the crowd.

Similarly one person will complain about something and next minute everyone is like 'Yeah! yeah needs patching' and join in complaining, when I read a lot of the threads on here and YouTubers complaining about things it just comes across like they are moody and p**sed off because they didn't win and almost searching for an excuse or reason they lost.
  • It’s easier to blame someone else than accept responsibility. Add in then fact there’s millions of fifa players like this and it feeds the pack mentality.

Whenever anyone loses it’s the games fault but when we win it’s all down to us.

We’re hypocrites.
  • bellstar
    48 posts Park Captain
    Don't belive in home and away either just some BS that youtubers and pros made up to avoid each-other.
  • Poolstu123
    It’s easier to blame someone else than accept responsibility. Add in then fact there’s millions of fifa players like this and it feeds the pack mentality.

Whenever anyone loses it’s the games fault but when we win it’s all down to us.

We’re hypocrites.

I agree, and this is so apparent with steamers/youtubers. They concede a goal and analyse it to the point of obsession about how one player slightly turned away at the wrong time and this games broken and I’m not playing it any more. They then score a similar goal and say how amazing they were and that should be finished every time ... same goal lol
  • Idek
    10221 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 27
    People definitely exaggerate the amount of times they come up against drop back and 1 depth, you would think it's the only reason some people lose matches
  • Poolstu123
    Idek wrote: »
    People definitely exaggerate the amount of times they come up against drop back and 1 depth, you would think it's the only reason some people lose matches

I honestly don’t even notice it? Ok I’m gold 2 and div 3 it seems this year so not played in what people describe as the top two sweaty divisions but it doesn’t bother me.
    In fact the more I think about it I think I would think (how many times can you put think in one sentence? .. well there’s another lol) that that was me just dominating, constantly in attack which doesn’t frustrate me be encourages me, maybe that’s my ego kicking in 😂
  • Metab0lic
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    The number of times I get messaged "drop back with that team, unbelievable".

I'm on pressure after heavy touch. So yeah I genuinely believe people what the youtubers tell them, I'm sure of that.
  • Deki
    82 posts Park Captain
    Totally agree on this. I think we are actually the bigger problem than gameplay. When you just see how many people follow this youtubers, no wonder they are all brain washed. Nobody is creative enough to try something new or play the game to have fun. It all comes down to winnig so people will use everything just to achieve that. Yesterday i played online draft, first game and i lost 5-2. I wasnt even thinking about it because my best scored amazing bicycle goal and it was so fun to use him. So yea, like you said, we are the problem here and it wont change in any other fifa because thats just human nature.
  • Clancy
    7753 posts League Winner
    Youtubers:
    -AI defending and drop back are OP!!! This game is terrible!
    -Heading is the is stupid OP, needs to be patched!

The same Youtubers:
    -GO 30-0 IN FUTCHAMPS WITH DROP BACK CUSTOM TACTICS, EASIEST WAY TO WIN!!!
    -HEADING IS THE NEW META!! CROSSING FORMATIONS FTW! SUBSCRIBE TODAY!

• Stevo_CT
    2949 posts National Call-Up
    Fifa is the best football game on the market, (few will debate otherwise), on this forum you have the VERY vociferous minority who shout day in, day out. Most people enjoy the game, hence the high sales.

Half the posts on this forum I don't even bother reading, because many of them are just the same rinsing and repeating the same negative vitriol. It's the same guys, over and over again. Ignore them when you can.

Concentrate on the constructive posts, (that includes positive and negative feedback). Forum is more bearable then.
  • Theomanny
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think most people always find it easy to blame drop back. But I can tell u most good players don’t use this.

Also people don’t realise u can have tactics sets as pressure and balance and still play like drop back, especially playing people who are insane in attack.

Take for example I played a very good player in div 2 yesterday in dr. He was so good attacking, making me chase him around all game trying the get the ball. My players were camped in my box as the pressure was too much and I was just covering passing lanes with my cdms while my tactics settings was set on high pressure and possession. It got to a point where he was so frustrated he started jogging the ball as he couldn’t find a way.

He won the match eventually because he was way better using the lacrouetta or whatever and I was only defending all game.

I have come to the conclusion that u will play as if u r using drop back tactics if a better player good at attacking pressures the **** out of u.

I think people should just play however they like and be respectful and gracious in defeat.
  • Poolstu123
    Clancy wrote: »
    Youtubers:
    -AI defending and drop back are OP!!! This game is terrible!
    -Heading is the is stupid OP, needs to be patched!

The same Youtubers:
    -GO 30-0 IN FUTCHAMPS WITH DROP BACK CUSTOM TACTICS, EASIEST WAY TO WIN!!!
    -HEADING IS THE NEW META!! CROSSING FORMATIONS FTW! SUBSCRIBE TODAY!

This is exactly what happens. And they can also spin from one game to the next. They get someone crazy, play a game and win with new player getting a goal or two.

“Ok guys we’ll thats it from me, this player is amazing and you should all try him, he’s the new meta go get him, also this new patch is amazing”

Next day lose first two games

“This player is trash he’s gone, new patch is the worst thing ever, worst game ever. I’m never playing game play again! .. don’t forget to like, follow and subscribe kids”

• holdenwait
    56192 posts National Treasure
    Idek wrote: »

Yup