Optimus prime Seedorf reviews?

Tboon
2464 posts Fans' Favourite
Anyone tried his new card already? I really want to do the sbc, he fits perfectly in my team and I was a big fan of Seedorf irl. But I've to use all my untrable players and coins... so is he worth it?

Comments

• Batman442
    3767 posts National Call-Up
    Tboon wrote: »
    Anyone tried his new card already? I really want to do the sbc, he fits perfectly in my team and I was a big fan of Seedorf irl. But I've to use all my untrable players and coins... so is he worth it?

I am in the same boat, bit early for reviews as only 0.0000000000001% of people even packed a moment's card. With no expiration date I will wait for a couple of weeks and decide then, we could get better icons in the next fortnight or three weeks.
  • Tried for 4 games the loan version of OP Seedorf and so far the words I would use to describe this card is "identity crisis" :D

Great passing, decent shooting and psyhical, but horrible work rates and defense.
  • Tboon
    edited February 27
    Tried for 4 games the loan version of OP Seedorf and so far the words I would use to describe this card is "identity crisis" :D

Great passing, decent shooting and psyhical, but horrible work rates and defense.

That doesn't sound very promising... anyone else tried his new card?
  • tfadgreef
    565 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I loved him as a cm. Don't understand the problems with the workrates as he is all over the place and plays like a H/H player. I also played him a few matches at cam. He is not the most agile player but I am not a great skiller so that is not a problem
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Could do the SBC, but I’m holding out for a Figo or a CAM Rivaldo. Those are the only two I want. :)
  • mdizzl3
    12410 posts Has That Special Something
    Tried his loan card, don't bother with him, save your money. He did not impress at all
  • Mrhey31
    1284 posts Professional
    tfadgreef wrote: »
    I loved him as a cm. Don't understand the problems with the workrates as he is all over the place and plays like a H/H player. I also played him a few matches at cam. He is not the most agile player but I am not a great skiller so that is not a problem

For that price(1.5mil) he should be the best player you have played with this FIFA. If not you should not do him. You can buy tradable players for 1.5mil that are beasts.
  • Phiba
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    Try out his loan card and see how you get on with him. 10k for 10 games may seem a waste of coins but better than wasting 1.5m if you don’t like the card
  • Syko
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    I honestly think he is comparable to his Prime version and not many people like him which is why the 88 version (dreads) is more expensive or sometimes around the same price as the prime Seedorf. The 88 version trumps all other versions including the new one. The optimus is more of an upgrade of the prime version but the prime doesnt impress that much so IMO the sbc is not worth it. Get the 88 and you're settled. Best work rates, faster, 92 stamina etc. You'll notice his presence on the pitch because he makes a huge impact where as the prime goes missing a lot. For the coins of the prime (and his upgraded optimus card) there are better or equal players for a lot cheaper.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Tried for 4 games the loan version of OP Seedorf and so far the words I would use to describe this card is "identity crisis" :D

This
  • tfadgreef
    565 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    tfadgreef wrote: »

For that price(1.5mil) he should be the best player you have played with this FIFA. If not you should not do him. You can buy tradable players for 1.5mil that are beasts.

Not really. I also have Eusebio and Cruyff and they are better. But for me Seedorf does what is needed in my team
  • Tboon
    I was waiting for his card a long time, but now I'm not sure anymore. I can't buy his 88, because i don't have the coins. Ive got a lot of high rated untradable players so this sbc would be possible.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9284 posts League Winner
    honestly get urself 90 pogba and save urself a **** ton of coins
  • Tboon

Already got Pogna :). Seedorf is going to replace Futmas Torreira.
  • Tboon
    Already some other reviews? :)
  • Tboon wrote: »

I haven’t used him but I want to offer you the point of view of someone who has Torreira.

He’s a tenacious little player. He’s all over the pitch taking the ball of players he has no business to be.

Would Clarence bring that? If he doesnt, then could you afford to lose that?

These are what I’m considering as I also want to replace Torreira but it needs to be the right one as he is unique.

I may keep Lucas till TOTS and do an Icon striker or I’m going to do Lothar as he seems like a betterment version of Torreira.
  • Tboon
    Tboon wrote: »

I haven’t used him but I want to offer you the point of view of someone who has Torreira.

He’s a tenacious little player. He’s all over the pitch taking the ball of players he has no business to be.

Would Clarence bring that? If he doesnt, then could you afford to lose that?

These are what I’m considering as I also want to replace Torreira but it needs to be the right one as he is unique.

I may keep Lucas till TOTS and do an Icon striker or I’m going to do Lothar as he seems like a betterment version of Torreira.

Good point! Im going to wait.
  • Ishibum
    12472 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm dooing the loan card tomorrow. Far too many mixed reviews
  • Markman007
    2733 posts Fans' Favourite
    Syko wrote: »
    I honestly think he is comparable to his Prime version and not many people like him which is why the 88 version (dreads) is more expensive or sometimes around the same price as the prime Seedorf. The 88 version trumps all other versions including the new one. The optimus is more of an upgrade of the prime version but the prime doesnt impress that much so IMO the sbc is not worth it. Get the 88 and you're settled. Best work rates, faster, 92 stamina etc. You'll notice his presence on the pitch because he makes a huge impact where as the prime goes missing a lot. For the coins of the prime (and his upgraded optimus card) there are better or equal players for a lot cheaper.

Good to know. I’ve been tempted to do the SBC, But I’ve also been looking at his base and 88 instead.
  • setter7
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 27
    Used de 88 version for +-50 games. Amazing cm.
    Done the optimus prime sbc and played 8 games so far. 1st impressions: when he touch the ball his better that the 88, but the problem his less active withe his runs. I will try to boost his agression with a diferent chem stille ( now i have engine) and see if he changes.
    Dont regret doing the sbc, but so far i think the 88 was beter for my play stile (in the cm position)
    I will try him at cam too.

Btw, in the all sbc i didnt packed a single special card, and only got 2x 85 and 1x 84. In one off the 100k packs the higest was an 82 cards lol
  • Telbhoy1995
    193 posts Sunday League Hero
    Could do the SBC, but I’m holding out for a Figo or a CAM Rivaldo. Those are the only two I want. :)
    Rivaldo u serious mate wost icon / sbc/ untradable i have even had decent player for maybe 200/300k the 1.5 million + i spent on him horrible card
  • Johnnydp
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    dont do this. his mid version is the best.
  • DadBod
    6302 posts Big Money Move
    Not worth it
  • I got the 10 match loan of him and absolutely hated him. I play nedved at cam on 7 Chem so thought I’d see what Seedorf is like as it was cheap to get his loan and he’d be full Chem. he offered nothing at cam other than his passing. Half the time when I’m on the attack he is nowhere to be seen, ballack who is my cdm with high defence work rates was further up the pitch than Seedorf most the time. Only had between 10/15 shots with him roughly (as he was never in his position) and most went nowhere near. Took a first time standard shot with him which went closer to corner flag. You could argue that’s down to me shooting wide but I don’t have a problem with anyone else on my team. He was just consistently bad for me. Only positive I’d give him is his passing but in my opinion if your paying over 1 million for a midfielder he has to have a few good things about him to be worth it not just one. I’d definitely wait until another sbc drops. In saying that if your a big fan of his in real life then you’d be better doing sbc asap because as soon as a desirable moments icon is released player prices going to fly up raising the price.
  • Gnomenclature
    3176 posts National Call-Up
    I've played him 20 games now. Keep in mind I mainly play squad battles on world class and legendary. Online is just too laggy for me.

20 games played, 10g and 15 assists.

He is really strong for a cam. His passing is incredibly good. I don't feel like his shooting is on par with what the stats suggest, but he does pop up a lot in the right place at the right time. His dribbling is great, better than prime butra imo. I play from the wings a lot and he fills in here perfectly when nedved or best are cutting in.

The most negative thing I've found about him is his lack of pace, even with +3 pace chem.

Btw, I play 433(4) with super prime rvn, prime best, and prime nedved at the front.
  • gizzzzy
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have played him for about 15 games on cdm next to kante, He replaced 85 blanc and he has done a good job so far. his first touches and passing skills are really good and he also intercepts allot. I dont think he is able to really carrie a team so dont get him if hes like 50% of youre budget or anything.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4693 posts National Call-Up
    I got him from weekly objectives and his very good going forward. Very lightweight tho and don’t expect him to do much on the defensive side. His very much a CAM dunno if his worth the price tho. His playing next to prime Bergkamp and the iceman shines every game
  • Djkhalid1921
    9284 posts League Winner
  • Stevo_CT
    2985 posts National Call-Up
    Rivaldo u serious mate wost icon / sbc/ untradable i have even had decent player for maybe 200/300k the 1.5 million + i spent on him horrible card

Rivaldo SBC is one of the best decisions I have made. We have different experiences and that's what makes it great. Imagine if we all liked/disliked the exact same players.
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    I was tempted but going to save myself for senior moments Gullit