A Real Life RTG (BLOG) Road to Mexico a body/mind transformation START THREE

Comments

  • Cadey 5
    10328 posts Has That Special Something
    @ITSSPENO you don't have to track it depends on what goal you have! I am tracking because right now I have the goal of reducing my fat mass which requires me to be carful.

    general rule is 15-20 reps is for cutting
    4-6 reps is strength
    8-12 is muscle building

    protein studies have shown 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight is the best way to go about building muscle so find out what protein you need and go from there!
  • krakos000
    17320 posts World Class
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    @ITSSPENO you don't have to track it depends on what goal you have! I am tracking because right now I have the goal of reducing my fat mass which requires me to be carful.

    general rule is 15-20 reps is for cutting
    4-6 reps is strength
    8-12 is muscle building

    protein studies have shown 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight is the best way to go about building muscle so find out what protein you need and go from there!

    I'll keep that in mind I didn't know about that 1 gram per pound. I'm not eating enough most likely..
  • ITSSPENO
    1942 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cheers for the advice, gonna try get some sort of plan together later so I have something to stick to
  • Cadey 5
    10328 posts Has That Special Something
    Day 21

    Not sure how but I way the **** same :D 192.6 pounds it must be the lack of cardio or something! I was on 1800 calories a day last week with 6 cardio sessions in the week very confused but we go again!
  • krakos000
    17320 posts World Class
    Well it's both good and bad news, tattoo appointment is moved to Wednesday so I have today and tomorrow still to work out Haha was really looking forward to it though :(

    Just gonna go cardio today with some heavy bag work out doing different simple combos and then the bicycle.

    I should probably get new boxing gloves as mine are almost about a decade old lol some hand wraps would be nice too as I hit the bag hard.
  • krakos000
    17320 posts World Class
    One question, how do I know/when should i up my weights for my workouts? Like right now I do 70 pounds for the lat pulldown for 3 sets of 10 reps etc. How do I know or when should I up the 70 pounds?
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    krakos000 wrote: »
    One question, how do I know/when should i up my weights for my workouts? Like right now I do 70 pounds for the lat pulldown for 3 sets of 10 reps etc. How do I know or when should I up the 70 pounds?

    Only way to find out is to put on more weight next time and see how many you can get. With where you are at right now you should try to either put more weight on or do 1-2 more reps every workout. Now obviously don’t go crazy with the weight but adding a few pounds/reps every workout is ideal.
  • krakos000
    17320 posts World Class
    vneklw wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »
    One question, how do I know/when should i up my weights for my workouts? Like right now I do 70 pounds for the lat pulldown for 3 sets of 10 reps etc. How do I know or when should I up the 70 pounds?

    Only way to find out is to put on more weight next time and see how many you can get. With where you are at right now you should try to either put more weight on or do 1-2 more reps every workout. Now obviously don’t go crazy with the weight but adding a few pounds/reps every workout is ideal.

    Okay gotcha!! Figured as much but didnt know if there was a set time or something that is ideal to move up weight. Thanks!!
  • Antparry92
    17213 posts World Class
    I am my own worst enemy.

    Play footy Saturday, score 2 and win 2-1 (hip was really sore afterwards). Eat crap Saturday night, 12 pints+ on Sunday watching all the footy, god knows how many **** and a takeaway on the way home :joy:
  • Cadey 5
    10328 posts Has That Special Something
    So yesterday was a right off i just felt like crap, low energy, low mood, tired the full works and some old habits came back for the day. I just about dragged myself to the gym without enough time to get legs done! and kept on track off my diet, this poor days will start to add up so got to try get back on track quick.

    I ordered some protein bars to have in the morning if i need to rush off

    Leg extensiosn
    15 X 82 15 x 86 15 x 86 12 x 91 6 x 100

    Leg Press
    15 x 80 15 x 80 15 x 80 12 x 90 6 x 100

    Smith Lunge
    10 x 20 10 x 40 10 x 40 10 x 40 10 x 40

    Calf raises
    20 x 82 20 x 82 20 x 82 20 x 82 20 x 82

    One curcuit

    Leg raise x 10
    Sit up x 10
    Plank 30 seconds

    diet

    Protein 197
    Carbs 145
    fat 46


  • Antparry92
    17213 posts World Class
    Right, so I had my consultation with my surgeon who done my first two operations and he believes I’ll be needing a third to sort my hips out within the next year . Feeling a bit gutted about it all and being told to knock footy on the head.

    I have ZERO motivation what so ever to go to the gym now. The way I’m feeling I see zero appeal in going for aesthetics atm
  • Cadey 5
    10328 posts Has That Special Something
    DAY 23

    I went gym but forgot my notebook so just my cardio to report.

    Cardio 35 minutes bike
    Protien 183
    Carbs 141
    Fat 23
  • Cadey 5
    10328 posts Has That Special Something
    Day 24 Chest/Shoulders

    Felt really back in the mojo today

    Incline DB Press
    15 x 25 15 x 20 15 x 17.5 6 x 34

    Cable cross over
    15 x 27 15 x 20 15 x 20 6 x 32

    DB Press
    15 x 22.5 15 x 20 15 x 20 6 x 35

    Rear delt machine
    15 x 68 15 x 64 15 59 6 x 77

    Lateral Raises
    15 x 15 15 x 12.5 15 x 7.5 6 x 32

    Cable front raise
    15 X 23 15 X 28 15 X 24 6 X 32

    Cardio bike
    35 minutes 270 calories

    Protein 221
    Carbs 142
    Fat 27

  • Cadey 5
    10328 posts Has That Special Something
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Right, so I had my consultation with my surgeon who done my first two operations and he believes I’ll be needing a third to sort my hips out within the next year . Feeling a bit gutted about it all and being told to knock footy on the head.

    I have ZERO motivation what so ever to go to the gym now. The way I’m feeling I see zero appeal in going for aesthetics atm

    would't going to the gym be good for you? give you something else to focus the mind outside of football? maybe make it more lift related pal.
  • Antparry92
    17213 posts World Class
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Right, so I had my consultation with my surgeon who done my first two operations and he believes I’ll be needing a third to sort my hips out within the next year . Feeling a bit gutted about it all and being told to knock footy on the head.

    I have ZERO motivation what so ever to go to the gym now. The way I’m feeling I see zero appeal in going for aesthetics atm

    would't going to the gym be good for you? give you something else to focus the mind outside of football? maybe make it more lift related pal.
    Just seems a bit strange doing it with with no lower body work what so ever. Have done it before and it’s slightly annoying. I don’t know it might just be because I’ve ive just been told the news and it’s still hitting home atm

  • krakos000
    17320 posts World Class
    Sorry to hear that @Antparry92 :( I hope it gets sorted out. A friend
    /neighbor of mine of about 20 years is having to get a hip replacement soon and he just hit 30.
  • krakos000
    17320 posts World Class
    Well got my tattoo last night and my artist recommended to stay out of the gym for maybe a few days and just be super careful to not touch it to ANYTHING at the gym. Legs day for the next month should be fun haha
  • Antparry92
    17213 posts World Class
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that @Antparry92 :( I hope it gets sorted out. A friend
    /neighbor of mine of about 20 years is having to get a hip replacement soon and he just hit 30.

    Getting the op at the end of this year/next year will delay me getting a total hip replacement hopefully. Think I’m gonna try and drag myself to the gym today after work.

    You’ll also be good to go to the gym after a couple of days tbh. I’ve got a full sleeve and that was when I was training couple of days a week and usually left it 3-4 days and have a shower straight away to get rid of the sweat off the skin
  • krakos000
    17320 posts World Class
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that @Antparry92 :( I hope it gets sorted out. A friend
    /neighbor of mine of about 20 years is having to get a hip replacement soon and he just hit 30.

    Getting the op at the end of this year/next year will delay me getting a total hip replacement hopefully. Think I’m gonna try and drag myself to the gym today after work.

    You’ll also be good to go to the gym after a couple of days tbh. I’ve got a full sleeve and that was when I was training couple of days a week and usually left it 3-4 days and have a shower straight away to get rid of the sweat off the skin

    Ohh okay well yeah that would be nice!!

    Ahh yeah thats it?? Sweet!! I'm stoked I dont have to take much off. How long did your full sleeve take to finish?
  • Antparry92
    17213 posts World Class
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that @Antparry92 :( I hope it gets sorted out. A friend
    /neighbor of mine of about 20 years is having to get a hip replacement soon and he just hit 30.

    Getting the op at the end of this year/next year will delay me getting a total hip replacement hopefully. Think I’m gonna try and drag myself to the gym today after work.

    You’ll also be good to go to the gym after a couple of days tbh. I’ve got a full sleeve and that was when I was training couple of days a week and usually left it 3-4 days and have a shower straight away to get rid of the sweat off the skin

    Ohh okay well yeah that would be nice!!

    Ahh yeah thats it?? Sweet!! I'm stoked I dont have to take much off. How long did your full sleeve take to finish?
    I had roughly 21 hours worth done on my arm over 4 sessions pretty much
  • krakos000
    17320 posts World Class
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that @Antparry92 :( I hope it gets sorted out. A friend
    /neighbor of mine of about 20 years is having to get a hip replacement soon and he just hit 30.

    Getting the op at the end of this year/next year will delay me getting a total hip replacement hopefully. Think I’m gonna try and drag myself to the gym today after work.

    You’ll also be good to go to the gym after a couple of days tbh. I’ve got a full sleeve and that was when I was training couple of days a week and usually left it 3-4 days and have a shower straight away to get rid of the sweat off the skin

    Ohh okay well yeah that would be nice!!

    Ahh yeah thats it?? Sweet!! I'm stoked I dont have to take much off. How long did your full sleeve take to finish?
    I had roughly 21 hours worth done on my arm over 4 sessions pretty much

    Damn nice! Color or just black and grey? I think so far mine have been: 4 hours(lines), 5 hours(color), 4 hours(color), 6 hours(lines and color), 8 and a half(lines and color). I have probably one more session to go with some background to pull the three pieces together.
  • Cadey 5
    10328 posts Has That Special Something
    Day 25

    cant believe I am almost a month in and I can't seem to drop any weight :D

    I mean my perception of my body is much better then it was a month ago but if i weight myself monday and I have't lost even a pound I am not sure what I doing wrong.

    Tricept pushdown
    12 x 56 12 x 56 12 x 50

    Overhead extension
    12 x 32 12 x 32 12 x 32

    One Arm overhead
    12 x 18 12 x 18 12 x 18

    Kickback
    12 x 16 12 x 16 12 x 16

    Spider curl
    12 x 35 12 x 32 12 x 32

    Ez bar curl
    12 x 35 12 x 35 12 x 35

    Cable curl
    12 x 55 12 x 55 12 x 55

    Cardio bike 210 calories.
  • Cadey 5
    10328 posts Has That Special Something
    @Antparry92 apologise for the late reply, you could still do some calves lower body wise i would have thought and re focusing some energy might be good for you at the time! feel free to set up a challenge with me if it helps.

    @krakos000 had the tattoo yet?

    Day 26

    Single Arm babrbell row
    15 x 35 15 x 40 15 x 42

    Cable row
    15 x 32 15 x 41 15 x 41

    Pull down single arm
    15 x 35 15 x 35 15 x 30

    Calf raises
    15 X 82 15 X 82 15 X 82 15 X 82 15 X 82

    Cardio
    Bike 35 minutes 310 calories.

  • Cadey 5
    10328 posts Has That Special Something
    Day 27 ACTIVE REST DAY

    Will do a week review tomorrow but had a rest day today still got in my hit cardio though and did a new BP in terms of calories burnt per time spent which shows at least my cardio is improving or i had been taking it slow before.

    Cardio HIT 4 min steady 1 min intense 6 rounds
    355 calories 35 minutes.

    Diet;

    Protein 182
    Carbs 145
    Fat 51

  • krakos000
    17320 posts World Class
    Yep got it done Wednesday. Its starting to peel a bit today, still super super sore and starting to itch now too. Ugh I sat for about 8 and a half hours wanting to get as much done as I could get done. About 90 percent of it done ha. So hopefully only one more session with that last 10 percent of my bicep and then background to pull together the other two pieces into an actual half sleeve.
  • Antparry92
    17213 posts World Class
    I’m genuinely trying to find the motivation to drag myself to the gym later after being on earlies in work the past week :joy:

    Think I’m gonna set up body space again as a kick up the ****
  • Chubbs
    14206 posts Has That Special Something
    Think it might just genuinely be the gained muscle is overlooking the loss of fat. Im sure with what you have been doing your measurements are down even if the scale doesnt say the weight is.
  • Antparry92
    17213 posts World Class
    So I dragged myself to the gym today and done the dreaded first and worst session. Felt so weak and it was a ridiculous eye opener. In fairness I can’t remember the last time I lifted regularly, maybe 3 years ago
  • Cadey 5
    10328 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 4
    DAY 28

    WEIGHT 92.6

    I stayed the same however I have my week 1 and week 4 photo and there is some difference there, not huge but a difference none the less and I think that is what I need to take from this.

    I have lost 4 pounds in 4 weeks and that at my weight is quite reasonable!

    Leg extension
    30 x 64 20 x 68 10 x 82 10 x 86 20 x 68

    Squat
    30 x 40 25 x 30 20 x 60

    Leg Press
    30 x 50 20 x 70 10 x 85 10 x 100 20 x 50

    Hanging leg raises
    25 x BW 25 X BW 25 X BW 25 X BW

    Sit ups
    20 x BW 20 x BW 20 x BW

    Diet

    Protein 155
    Carbs 166
    Fat 62

    Morning cardio! I got it done it done! I was meant to be doing two cardio sessions but I just have't managed to fit in it but got it done today and it felt really good.

    Cardio 40 minutes bike 251 calories

    @Antparry92 nice one the first one back is always annoying, I had a 3 month lay off after a operation at university years back and it sucked! but good old muscle memory.

    @Chubbs As I put above I think there is some difference, nothing major, maybe you are right but I did have a couple of bad days last week where I did't put my diet as it was a mess, (not like 5,0000 calories) just not to the plan.

    the way I am looking at it, is these four weeks as the learning curves to try set up myself to truly cut properly.


  • Antparry92
    17213 posts World Class
    Definitely going to give myself a goal to get back up to the numbers I was at minus my squat obviously. Although it was a terrible session yesterday I’m still glad I’ve gone and gonna go again today. Will take comfortable 1RM next week to eventually put in to a ‘wendlers 5-3-1 big but boring’ more than likely

    Just seen your numbers for your leg days. I’d cut out that much volume tbh and add a bit strength work to it
Sign In or Register to comment.