Wrong passes

How do you make sure a pass is done right?
Many times I plan a play, do the pass in my mind perfectly, looking to the receiver to do the next step, then the ball goes to another guy and ruins my play, exposing me to counter.

People like neymar, ibra, rooney, can't pass the ball to the right place.

Whats the deal with it?

Comments

• A5B
    3017 posts National Call-Up
    Just how the game is, nothing you can do about it
  • Pieman25
    16418 posts World Class
    Use full manual is the best way.
  • BiigDee
    4414 posts National Call-Up
    It’s the overpowered Al thinking it knows best
  • DarthGrowler
    14990 posts World Class
    It's gameplay this weekend being shat
  • ofaroldainternet
    1034 posts Professional
    edited February 24
    But, hey, my opponents often can make beautiful plays with lots of perfect passes, that leave me gobsmacked, so it can't only be only game play, right?

Problem is I can't even appreciate their beautiful play, because I somehow feel cheated...
  • fazer
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Its not abaout set ups , wrong pass direction is results of trash servers - bad gampley and delay thats reason why pass are not corect registered - and ball go to some random direction.
  • Gnomenclature
    3537 posts National Call-Up

How do you do that?
  • Renamed123456
    5147 posts Big Money Move

How do you do that?

Go to controller settings and change to manual.

Was too messy for me.

I use full manual on lob passes tho - best change I made.
  • Pieman25
    16418 posts World Class
    fazer wrote: »

Its not abaout set ups , wrong pass direction is results of trash servers - bad gampley and delay thats reason why pass are not corect registered - and ball go to some random direction.

You don't know that if you're on assisted, too much or too little power is likely to send the ball in a different direction as it assumes you're looking for a different player.
  • Renamed123456
    5147 posts Big Money Move

You don't know that if you're on assisted, too much or too little power is likely to send the ball in a different direction as it assumes you're looking for a different player.

Disagree. I understand what you're saying but I've experienced this too.

The pass just goes straight to a defender.

I could have a player 16 yards away. A simple straight line pass. The ball passes at a 45° angle away from the player straight to defender.

I believe it's down to where your player is supposed to be in the servers mind, compared to where they are with the latency.
  • Pieman25
    16418 posts World Class

Disagree. I understand what you're saying but I've experienced this too.

The pass just goes straight to a defender.

I could have a player 16 yards away. A simple straight line pass. The ball passes at a 45° angle away from the player straight to defender.

I believe it's down to where your player is supposed to be in the servers mind, compared to where they are with the latency.

I understand what you're saying but it's been confirmed on here too much/too little power sends it to a different player. The only way you can confirm it's down to servers/connection would be to go full manual as you're making the assumption the power was perfect otherwise.
  • Jonboyparker
    5287 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 24
    EA sports, it’s in the game

The more I play the game I am wondering how much is delay and how much is player stats though.

I mean... a player with 86 passing can’t be perfect. I wonder how much it is effected by stats? There must to a combination of control, direction, power and space to complete a pass perfectly. If we could all pass perfectly every time with a player less than 99 passing, what would be the point in stats?

It is frustrating and I have to admit, I blame it on delay or AI defending a lot. I tend to experience it more when my end of the gameplay is slow which makes to point towards delay more than not
  • DanValletta
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    I get those but It usually is delay related. Sometimes I press pass while a player has it and nothing happens so i press again and then he passes it but the receiver also passes it when I haven't pressed again.

The only thing that drives me insane about the passes is sometimes you want to play the ball inside or outside a fullback but it will do the opposite of the obvious. Also through balls sometimes no matter how soft you tap will be shockingly overpowered for the striker.
  • Jonboyparker
    5287 posts Big Money Move
    I get those but It usually is delay related. Sometimes I press pass while a player has it and nothing happens so i press again and then he passes it but the receiver also passes it when I haven't pressed again.

The only thing that drives me insane about the passes is sometimes you want to play the ball inside or outside a fullback but it will do the opposite of the obvious. Also through balls sometimes no matter how soft you tap will be shockingly overpowered for the striker.

Yes! So many ball goes inside the fullback when my man is running on the outside, it’s unbelievable! Through balls are usually overpowered for me but others break me constantly.

I didn’t ever seem to score counter attacks but it’s the main goal I concede.
  • I get those but It usually is delay related. Sometimes I press pass while a player has it and nothing happens so i press again and then he passes it but the receiver also passes it when I haven't pressed again.

These "memory" passes are irritating really.
    Through balls are hit and miss for me, usually it seems obvious and the guy just passed to the keeper or something...

At least I see it's not just me...