The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    Please, let us win tomorrow.
  • Hicksy2011
    18657 posts World Class
    Karlos wrote: »
    Please, let us win tomorrow.

  • They Caged Non
    6481 posts Big Money Move
    Seeing as Britt and Fletcher looked good playing as a two last week I can’t wait for the dinosaur to get hughill up front on his own again tomorrow.. can’t be having none of that attacking rubbish, 17 shots in one game, he must have been doing his nut.
  • ryan217
    2965 posts Fans' Favourite
    Apollo wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    It's complete **** that we don't have VAR in the biggest league in the world in 2019. Horrendous officiating has wrecked Fulham's chances today, you concede a **** goal like that in Fulham's league situation and of course you're gonna get disheartened, that gets rightly disallowed and who knows what might happen, Fulham might have scored a second
    Apollo wrote: »
    It's complete **** that we don't have VAR in the biggest league in the world in 2019. Horrendous officiating has wrecked Fulham's chances today, you concede a **** goal like that in Fulham's league situation and of course you're gonna get disheartened, that gets rightly disallowed and who knows what might happen, Fulham might have scored a second

    Considering their game plan was basically play for corners and we had Bryan marking Diop it wouldn’t have really mattered. We’re down even if we win today, so it’s hard to really care or get wound up.

    I take your point, but you never know. Had you managed to get a result today then win against Southampton, you'd have a bit of momentum going. I know you have difficult fixtures after that, but it could have lifted morale in the squad a bit at least to put up a fight against the big teams. Even if you still end up down, VAR needs to be introduced ASAP. Decisions like that need to be removed from the game

    We had a blatant goal not given two seasons ago before goal-line technology came in for the Championship. It’s coming in for next season and that’s all that needs to be said. We’re going down because we’re not very good, not because Hernandez handballed it.

    I'm not disputing that, it just reinforces the need for it when **** decisions like that are made, that's all

    The one thing that annoys me is Swansea, WBA and Stoke voted down VAR for this season and it now doesn’t effect them. Same for the shorter transfer window.

    I'm kind of glad we'll be in the championship when they introduce VAR, hopefully by the time it effects us (whether that's us going back up or it coming to the championship) it'll be fine tuned to the point where it doesn't take 5 minutes to make a decision. Can't be arsed with standing there waiting ages for the game to get back underway every time the ref wants something checked, this despite the fact we'd have had a clear penalty at 0-1 tonight if VAR was in place.
  • They Caged Non
    6481 posts Big Money Move
    ryan217 wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    It's complete **** that we don't have VAR in the biggest league in the world in 2019. Horrendous officiating has wrecked Fulham's chances today, you concede a **** goal like that in Fulham's league situation and of course you're gonna get disheartened, that gets rightly disallowed and who knows what might happen, Fulham might have scored a second
    Apollo wrote: »
    It's complete **** that we don't have VAR in the biggest league in the world in 2019. Horrendous officiating has wrecked Fulham's chances today, you concede a **** goal like that in Fulham's league situation and of course you're gonna get disheartened, that gets rightly disallowed and who knows what might happen, Fulham might have scored a second

    Considering their game plan was basically play for corners and we had Bryan marking Diop it wouldn’t have really mattered. We’re down even if we win today, so it’s hard to really care or get wound up.

    I take your point, but you never know. Had you managed to get a result today then win against Southampton, you'd have a bit of momentum going. I know you have difficult fixtures after that, but it could have lifted morale in the squad a bit at least to put up a fight against the big teams. Even if you still end up down, VAR needs to be introduced ASAP. Decisions like that need to be removed from the game

    We had a blatant goal not given two seasons ago before goal-line technology came in for the Championship. It’s coming in for next season and that’s all that needs to be said. We’re going down because we’re not very good, not because Hernandez handballed it.

    I'm not disputing that, it just reinforces the need for it when **** decisions like that are made, that's all

    The one thing that annoys me is Swansea, WBA and Stoke voted down VAR for this season and it now doesn’t effect them. Same for the shorter transfer window.

    I'm kind of glad we'll be in the championship when they introduce VAR, hopefully by the time it effects us (whether that's us going back up or it coming to the championship) it'll be fine tuned to the point where it doesn't take 5 minutes to make a decision. Can't be arsed with standing there waiting ages for the game to get back underway every time the ref wants something checked, this despite the fact we'd have had a clear penalty at 0-1 tonight if VAR was in place.

    I still can’t work out how they are making such a mess of it, I still 100% believe it’s being done on purpose because nobody is that stupid.

  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited February 2019
    ryan217 wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    It's complete **** that we don't have VAR in the biggest league in the world in 2019. Horrendous officiating has wrecked Fulham's chances today, you concede a **** goal like that in Fulham's league situation and of course you're gonna get disheartened, that gets rightly disallowed and who knows what might happen, Fulham might have scored a second
    Apollo wrote: »
    It's complete **** that we don't have VAR in the biggest league in the world in 2019. Horrendous officiating has wrecked Fulham's chances today, you concede a **** goal like that in Fulham's league situation and of course you're gonna get disheartened, that gets rightly disallowed and who knows what might happen, Fulham might have scored a second

    Considering their game plan was basically play for corners and we had Bryan marking Diop it wouldn’t have really mattered. We’re down even if we win today, so it’s hard to really care or get wound up.

    I take your point, but you never know. Had you managed to get a result today then win against Southampton, you'd have a bit of momentum going. I know you have difficult fixtures after that, but it could have lifted morale in the squad a bit at least to put up a fight against the big teams. Even if you still end up down, VAR needs to be introduced ASAP. Decisions like that need to be removed from the game

    We had a blatant goal not given two seasons ago before goal-line technology came in for the Championship. It’s coming in for next season and that’s all that needs to be said. We’re going down because we’re not very good, not because Hernandez handballed it.

    I'm not disputing that, it just reinforces the need for it when **** decisions like that are made, that's all

    The one thing that annoys me is Swansea, WBA and Stoke voted down VAR for this season and it now doesn’t effect them. Same for the shorter transfer window.

    I'm kind of glad we'll be in the championship when they introduce VAR, hopefully by the time it effects us (whether that's us going back up or it coming to the championship) it'll be fine tuned to the point where it doesn't take 5 minutes to make a decision. Can't be arsed with standing there waiting ages for the game to get back underway every time the ref wants something checked, this despite the fact we'd have had a clear penalty at 0-1 tonight if VAR was in place.

    At least you didn't have a blatant handball that directly caused a goal, and then it was literally replayed on a gigantic screen for the whole stadium to see but the Ref couldn't do anything about it. Don't know if it translated on TV but Babel flipped out when he saw it on there.

    As I said earlier, I still think we'd have lost given our general lack of ability and interesting technique of having Joe Bryan and Sessegnon (5'7 and 5'10) marking Diop and Ogbonna (6'4 and 6'3) at the two corners they scored from. And yes, I realise we were doing the thing of having a few zonal marking "blockers" and some man-marking, but it didn't really work did it. But with that said, it's a decisive moment in the game and it's gone against us when it just shouldn't have.

    Things just generally go against you when you're at the bottom of the table though, we were on the other foot last season where things just fell for us, the Sunderland game towards the end of the season springs to mind where they were completely done over.

    I've said it before, my thing with VAR is at the end of the day it's just another persons subjective opinion on things like penalties, red cards etc. I'd rather VAR basically just be used for offsides because it can be implemented practically like goal-line technology where you're either offside or you're not.

    Also, can you please stay up. I'm getting quite bored of playing you at this point. Every **** season since you got promoted in 2013.
  • AaronMFC
    2191 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2019
    So far from VAR France got a penalty in the world cup final that was way too harsh, refs didnt bother checking real madrids blatant foul in their winner against Ajax (no shock there referees have been the main reason real have won the last couple), ottamendi handball when he tried to get his arm out the way and morata tapping chiellini to have a goal disallowed. Some really poor decisions. For the most part big teams will still get decisions with VAR.
  • WFCBagnall
    88027 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Alastair wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Q8y9GBbr.jpg

    That's my view

    Shame they don’t turn the as board on top of the stand round. You’d have something to entertain you then. ;)


    I’ve always though you should stick a scoreboard (or just some sort of sign) on the back of it.

    It's like 50m+ away from the stadium itself and you'd only be able to see it from the upper tier, so that'd be a waste :joy:
  • Farlz
    9531 posts League Winner
    Can we just win today please
  • Hicksy2011
    18657 posts World Class
    Team looks a bit better today, the penny seems to have dropped that if we want to sign some players to get the ball down and play we should probably play 3 central midfielders so they aren’t completely outnumbered
    Could get mauled today but equally if we somehow win then we can throw ourselves back in contention and get a huge lump of confidence
  • GoodnightIrene
    4184 posts National Call-Up
    Lol the Fa just don't care about anything outside of the Prem do they, they have video evidence of Vaughan punching Tom Lockyer off the ball last Tuesday and no action is coming from it. If this was the EPL there would be an uproar/it wouldn't have got this far because the bloke would have been retrospectively banned like a day after the game ffs.

    But it's not in the prem so who cares tbh.
  • Hicksy2011
    18657 posts World Class
    Have you seen the footage? I’d like to see it
    Apparently Lockyer pinched Vaughan and Vaughan just caught him in the face as he shrugged him off
    Lockyer 100% shoved Vaughan in the face after as well which is a red card, so I’d imagine both teams would just prefer it got left alone
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Tough game today but pressure off with FLD having lost midweek. Be really pleased with a point but think today is where our league run ends...Norwich look scarily good when at their best.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4370 posts National Call-Up
    Had it with Harris now, needs to go. 451 has been solid for us the past few games, took Derby nearly 92 minutes to get a shot on target in midweek. So he decides to go back to 442 today, with which we'd been conceding goals for fun prior to 451. Losing within 5 minutes and it looks like it could be at least 4-0 Preston today. Joke.
  • Farlz
    9531 posts League Winner
    We are really really really really really rubbish
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4370 posts National Call-Up
    3-0 down before half time and you could've called that within 2 minutes of the game kicking off. Harris hasn't got a clue.
  • chaser2k15
    16089 posts World Class
    Get in. Down to ten men but leading.
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    Great footballer this Ejaria
  • dannyboy
    12975 posts Has That Special Something
    Sabo wrote: »
    Great footballer this Ejaria

    Clearly not, plays for Reading
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Not an unexpected result but disappointing having led twice
  • Farlz
    9531 posts League Winner
    Another draw :sleeping:
  • AtomicOdin
    1208 posts Professional
    edited February 2019
    Walsall had 10 men for 84 minutes and we still lost. that is us down now.

    Normally I would be seething but I cant be arsed. players dont care so I'm not going to bother. most of them wont be here next season as out of contract at the end of this one. time to drop them and give some of our youngsters a try before the end of the season.

    A whole new back 4 is needed as well as its clear the ones we have dont have a clue how to defend.
  • WFCBagnall
    88027 posts Moderator
    Wow. What a performance. Thought we'd get absolutely nothing after Cook getting sent off, but every single player was outstanding. Big win!
  • Hicksy2011
    18657 posts World Class
    Decent performance but now 8 games without a win
    Pleased to report the ref was competent today
  • dannyboy
    12975 posts Has That Special Something
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Wow. What a performance. Thought we'd get absolutely nothing after Cook getting sent off, but every single player was outstanding. Big win!

    The hyperlink in your signature appears to be broken, I pressed "here" and nothing happened. Just a heads-up!
  • GoodnightIrene
    4184 posts National Call-Up
    All 4 teams above us won today, grim that :(
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Sabo wrote: »
    Great footballer this Ejaria

    Clearly not, plays for Reading

    Reading also have Jordan Obita and he's an absolute baller, think your theory needs some work
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4370 posts National Call-Up
    Switched from the 442 at half-time and what do you know, completely different team second half. Scored one, had one ruled out for offside and were generally a much better side.

    If we go to Hull midweek and play 442, with no Ferguson or Thompson, I think it'll be the final straw for many of our fans and they will turn on Harris no doubt. Once the fans turn at Millwall, you're ❤️❤️❤️❤️. I still remember both Holloway and Lomas needing a large amount of stewards and police around them during their last couple of games, with some of our fans trying to get at them. Family Club of The Year and that.

    Gregory
    Ferguson Thompson J.Wallace
    Tunnicliffe Leonard
    M.Wallace Cooper Hutchinson Romeo
    Archer

    Got to be the lineup for Hull.
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    Finally beat those ❤️❤️❤️❤️. UTS
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    Rochdale :joy:
Sign In or Register to comment.