Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

  • Zv1k0
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    Jonx88 wrote: »
    Guys I can't help but notice the amount of threads where people are banned for investing/trading but then we have this thread stickied at the top of the page!?, do you guys have anything official from EA on the rules regarding trading?, eg if some good advice is given on an investment in this thread am I allowed to buy 50 of that player?, 100?, what's the limit?, most people believe that EA do not endorse trading of any kind, some believe anything is fair game in the 'open' market, does this thread being stickied on the official forum mean EA are ok with investing and trading and have let us know the guidelines we can work within?

    Do you mean banned from the market? That happens when you buy/bid on over 150 items per hour. But I don't know anyone who got banned for trading or investing unless it was transfering coins between 2 accounts.
  • Jonx88
    701 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Jonx88 wrote: »
    Guys I can't help but notice the amount of threads where people are banned for investing/trading but then we have this thread stickied at the top of the page!?, do you guys have anything official from EA on the rules regarding trading?, eg if some good advice is given on an investment in this thread am I allowed to buy 50 of that player?, 100?, what's the limit?, most people believe that EA do not endorse trading of any kind, some believe anything is fair game in the 'open' market, does this thread being stickied on the official forum mean EA are ok with investing and trading and have let us know the guidelines we can work within?

    Do you mean banned from the market? That happens when you buy/bid on over 150 items per hour. But I don't know anyone who got banned for trading or investing unless it was transfering coins between 2 accounts.

    No i know of that temporary market ban because the system thinks you're a bot and you get the Captcha screen etc, I'm talking about threads like this:

    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/8287438#Comment_8287438
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/8287519#Comment_8287519
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/463049/got-permanent-market-ban-for-buying-and-selling-later-gimenez-marqinios-mkhitariyan-and-albiol#latest
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Jonx88 wrote: »
    Guys I can't help but notice the amount of threads where people are banned for investing/trading but then we have this thread stickied at the top of the page!?, do you guys have anything official from EA on the rules regarding trading?, eg if some good advice is given on an investment in this thread am I allowed to buy 50 of that player?, 100?, what's the limit?, most people believe that EA do not endorse trading of any kind, some believe anything is fair game in the 'open' market, does this thread being stickied on the official forum mean EA are ok with investing and trading and have let us know the guidelines we can work within?

    Fair post here. It's a real grey area, but the activity of trading itself is not illegal as far as I'm concerned. I don't believe EA have ever come out and declared it is fully legal to trade, but all we can do is assume it's legal until EA say it isn't (which they haven't).

    Most of those who post they are banned will probably have engaged in some form of activity that is against EA's terms of service, whether they know it or not. As listed on their website these include distributing coins, autobuyers, buying coins, using third party software cheats, coin farming and hacking. Trading is not on this list.

    However that's not to say that trading accounts haven't been banned before. EA's detection systems aren't perfect and there have definitely been cases of accounts being banned for simple trading in high masses, or selling SBC-relevant bronze cards legitimately for 10k.

    I still endorse trading, but if you're new to it then definitely be wary of certain activities. Selling a mass of bronzes/silvers for 10k (even if an SBC requires them) carries risk unfortunately, as does trading in ridiculously high quantities so that your transfer profit is in the many millions. The unassigned glitch, where you can store 1000s of any card also carries risk, but at the same time, plenty of guys on here have done these things consistently without ramification thus far - while I encourage you to trade, just try to mitigate your chances of being banned by avoiding those risky trades if possible.

    Hope that helps anyone interested, checking this link (as well as EA's ToS) might help confirm some unknowns to you guys https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/fifa/fifa-rules/ :smile:
  • Jonx88
    701 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Jonx88 wrote: »
    Guys I can't help but notice the amount of threads where people are banned for investing/trading but then we have this thread stickied at the top of the page!?, do you guys have anything official from EA on the rules regarding trading?, eg if some good advice is given on an investment in this thread am I allowed to buy 50 of that player?, 100?, what's the limit?, most people believe that EA do not endorse trading of any kind, some believe anything is fair game in the 'open' market, does this thread being stickied on the official forum mean EA are ok with investing and trading and have let us know the guidelines we can work within?

    Fair post here. It's a real grey area, but the activity of trading itself is not illegal as far as I'm concerned. I don't believe EA have ever come out and declared it is fully legal to trade, but all we can do is assume it's legal until EA say it isn't (which they haven't).

    Most of those who post they are banned will probably have engaged in some form of activity that is against EA's terms of service, whether they know it or not. As listed on their website these include distributing coins, autobuyers, buying coins, using third party software cheats, coin farming and hacking. Trading is not on this list.

    However that's not to say that trading accounts haven't been banned before. EA's detection systems aren't perfect and there have definitely been cases of accounts being banned for simple trading in high masses, or selling SBC-relevant bronze cards legitimately for 10k.

    I still endorse trading, but if you're new to it then definitely be wary of certain activities. Selling a mass of bronzes/silvers for 10k (even if an SBC requires them) carries risk unfortunately, as does trading in ridiculously high quantities so that your transfer profit is in the many millions. The unassigned glitch, where you can store 1000s of any card also carries risk, but at the same time, plenty of guys on here have done these things consistently without ramification thus far - while I encourage you to trade, just try to mitigate your chances of being banned by avoiding those risky trades if possible.

    Hope that helps anyone interested, checking this link (as well as EA's ToS) might help confirm some unknowns to you guys https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/fifa/fifa-rules/ :smile:

    Thanks for the reply mate much appreciated, I think the next best step would be for EA to be as open as they can be on the systems they have in place for detecting auto buyers etc and their guidelines on what they deem to be normal/fair trading, then we can modify how we trade slightly if required to make sure we are not mistakingly triggering the detection system, this would be good for EA and the player base. I understand that openly stating their methods for detection is not possible but surely there must be a way of being vague enough to not actually give away the exact methods, maybe not I don't know, it would be really good for EA to comment on this as 99% of players want to play within the rules and just enjoy trading, but the lack of rules stated makes this impossible.
  • KRANG00
    1745 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 19
    Golden rule of trading never mass list loads of cards for max bin at the same even if that is the going rate, always knock it down a bit.

    Say you have 200 cards of a player that suddenly goes for max bin because of a sbc, It's the sbc driving the price up,but when giving out bans it doesn't take any of this into account as it's a automated system.

  • Jonx88
    701 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 19
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    Golden rule of trading never mass list loads of cards for max bin at the same even if that is the going rate, always knock it down a bit.

    Say you have 200 cards of a player that suddenly goes for max bin because of a sbc, It's the sbc driving the price up,but when giving out bans it doesn't take any of this into account as it's a automated system.

    See that's good advice, and the sort of thing EA should be advising, they could simply state that they have a detection system that looks for cards being bought at the top BN price (which everyone already knows anyway hence all the 9900 bids on 10k max players), and for players to be aware of promos and always check the current market price before listing, this would lead to less cases being passed to EA etc as everyone is more aware of how the system is working.

    Sorry to derail the thread with this, just find it strange the silence from EA, I might open a thread to discuss this further.
  • munchie63
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite

    I think the next best step would be for EA to be as open as they can be on the systems they have in place for detecting auto buyers etc. I understand that openly stating their methods for detection is not possible but surely there must be a way of being vague enough to not actually give away the exact methods,

    They wont publish any info on this because the second they did, the coin farmers and autobot firms would be all over it...oh, its ok to list at 9900, or fine if its only 50 at a time etc

    A recent thread had someone moaning because they got a ban for buying over 1000 Kepa's, all at 1200, and then mass listing pre-sbc ALL at 2300

    and they wondered why they got flagged
  • Jonx88
    701 posts An Exciting Prospect
    munchie63 wrote: »
    I think the next best step would be for EA to be as open as they can be on the systems they have in place for detecting auto buyers etc. I understand that openly stating their methods for detection is not possible but surely there must be a way of being vague enough to not actually give away the exact methods,

    They wont publish any info on this because the second they did, the coin farmers and autobot firms would be all over it...oh, its ok to list at 9900, or fine if its only 50 at a time etc

    A recent thread had someone moaning because they got a ban for buying over 1000 Kepa's, all at 1200, and then mass listing pre-sbc ALL at 2300

    and they wondered why they got flagged

    Yeah I understand that would be difficult to do I did touch on that in my post, but there must be something that can be communicated to the player base on what 'normal' trading looks like to EA.

    And on your second point, why did he get flagged?, that's my exact point, is the limit 50, 100, 1000?, you don't know, and he didn't sell at max BN so what exactly is the problem there in your view?
  • munchie63
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    he listed 1000 at the same time, ALL for exactly the same price

    they think he's using a bot to buy and sell and consider it holding the market to ransom

    I didnt say I had an issue with it

    1000 Kepa's ? while he's taken the huge time to but those 1000 for 1200 each (unless he DID use a bot) could simply spin some ucl cards. that took me 15mins of buying on Weds ready for PL upgrades.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Jonx88 wrote: »
    munchie63 wrote: »
    I think the next best step would be for EA to be as open as they can be on the systems they have in place for detecting auto buyers etc. I understand that openly stating their methods for detection is not possible but surely there must be a way of being vague enough to not actually give away the exact methods,

    They wont publish any info on this because the second they did, the coin farmers and autobot firms would be all over it...oh, its ok to list at 9900, or fine if its only 50 at a time etc

    A recent thread had someone moaning because they got a ban for buying over 1000 Kepa's, all at 1200, and then mass listing pre-sbc ALL at 2300

    and they wondered why they got flagged

    Yeah I understand that would be difficult to do I did touch on that in my post, but there must be something that can be communicated to the player base on what 'normal' trading looks like to EA.

    And on your second point, why did he get flagged?, that's my exact point, is the limit 50, 100, 1000?, you don't know, and he didn't sell at max BN so what exactly is the problem there in your view?

    Again some solid discussion here from both of you, and it does have some relevance to the thread to be fair. EA can't really win here though. Either they state clear guidelines and limits, which will then be exploited by farmers/bots as @munchie63 mentioned, or alternatively they keep us in the dark so we'll see some potentially unfair bans.

    What could be deemed as 'manipulation or exploitation' of the FUT market is genuinely up in the air. I think it's gonna have to be up to the individual to decide what they think is reasonable or not. Buying 1000 Kepas then listing all at the same price surely seems suspect, if you take a step back then that's clearly manipulating the price of an individual player. Purchasing 100 83s, and 100 84s, and 100 UCL cards on the other hand (all different players) is almost certainly not exploiting the market. Just be realistic and you almost certainly won't be banned.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13463 posts Has That Special Something
    O.dembele IF (84) a good investment at 105k? Sofifa have him down as +2. Think that will push the IF upto an 86. Picked one up myself
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    O.dembele IF (84) a good investment at 105k? Sofifa have him down as +2. Think that will push the IF upto an 86. Picked one up myself

    Bit of a risky one. Personally I would say stay away, but if you've got a hunch about him then go ahead. He was just 80k last week, so he's risen 30k in the anticipation of an upgrade. His headliner also shot up 50k in the last day, so people are clearly onto it.

    You'd expect EA not to miss giving him that +2, but the real question is whether that +2 upgrade is going to make his card an attractive option. In my opinion, unless the 3rd La Liga SBC player comes along with someone like Ben Yedder, or Alba (giving a strong link to him), I can't see people actually starting to use Dembele with the sheer number of quality attackers everyone already has.
  • Hristanya
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    O.dembele IF (84) a good investment at 105k? Sofifa have him down as +2. Think that will push the IF upto an 86. Picked one up myself

    Bit of a risky one. Personally I would say stay away, but if you've got a hunch about him then go ahead. He was just 80k last week, so he's risen 30k in the anticipation of an upgrade. His headliner also shot up 50k in the last day, so people are clearly onto it.

    You'd expect EA not to miss giving him that +2, but the real question is whether that +2 upgrade is going to make his card an attractive option. In my opinion, unless the 3rd La Liga SBC player comes along with someone like Ben Yedder, or Alba (giving a strong link to him), I can't see people actually starting to use Dembele with the sheer number of quality attackers everyone already has.

    I have bought 30 cards at around 80-85k.. if the IF does get upgraded to 86 how much do you think he could rise?
  • munchie63
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hristanya wrote: »
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    O.dembele IF (84) a good investment at 105k? Sofifa have him down as +2. Think that will push the IF upto an 86. Picked one up myself

    Bit of a risky one. Personally I would say stay away, but if you've got a hunch about him then go ahead. He was just 80k last week, so he's risen 30k in the anticipation of an upgrade. His headliner also shot up 50k in the last day, so people are clearly onto it.

    You'd expect EA not to miss giving him that +2, but the real question is whether that +2 upgrade is going to make his card an attractive option. In my opinion, unless the 3rd La Liga SBC player comes along with someone like Ben Yedder, or Alba (giving a strong link to him), I can't see people actually starting to use Dembele with the sheer number of quality attackers everyone already has.

    I have bought 30 cards at around 80-85k.. if the IF does get upgraded to 86 how much do you think he could rise?

    well if you take Szczeney, Quagrelia, Sommer they went up in ratings, but the price barely moved as they'd been inflated for 48hrs beforehand. I know 2 of those are GK butas said above,, people arent actaully using those cards, its just sbc fodder

    think Szc must be the cheapest 89 IF
  • Hristanya
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    munchie63 wrote: »
    Hristanya wrote: »
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    O.dembele IF (84) a good investment at 105k? Sofifa have him down as +2. Think that will push the IF upto an 86. Picked one up myself

    Bit of a risky one. Personally I would say stay away, but if you've got a hunch about him then go ahead. He was just 80k last week, so he's risen 30k in the anticipation of an upgrade. His headliner also shot up 50k in the last day, so people are clearly onto it.

    You'd expect EA not to miss giving him that +2, but the real question is whether that +2 upgrade is going to make his card an attractive option. In my opinion, unless the 3rd La Liga SBC player comes along with someone like Ben Yedder, or Alba (giving a strong link to him), I can't see people actually starting to use Dembele with the sheer number of quality attackers everyone already has.

    I have bought 30 cards at around 80-85k.. if the IF does get upgraded to 86 how much do you think he could rise?

    well if you take Szczeney, Quagrelia, Sommer they went up in ratings, but the price barely moved as they'd been inflated for 48hrs beforehand. I know 2 of those are GK butas said above,, people arent actaully using those cards, its just sbc fodder

    think Szc must be the cheapest 89 IF

    Managed to sell them all for 105k.. I was kinda hoping for more profit!

    For this weeks TOTW I want to invest in criscito.. any opinions?
  • hiya
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    quite high price (for an 84).
    IFs are quite high at the moment (probably because of the otw sbc).
  • munchie63
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 23
    broke the cardinal rule of hitting relist all this afternoon...without looking to see how the RVN sbc had affected the market.

    Noob :(
  • Aguero will get POTM. Otamendi as city player and both argentinan could be a nice pick up
  • Tommygunn
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Two hatricks this month unless rashford/pogba get a hatrick at Liverpool today I’d say it’s bailed on aguero
  • Tommygunn
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Just noticed there’s another round of fixtures this midweek
  • Alaily
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So no proper consideration for La liga weak sbc as well as no flashback players oh C'mon Payet is a priority rather than any la liga player only because of toty sbcs !!
  • hiya
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    is that english?
  • Jobiwan
    3251 posts National Call-Up
    hiya wrote: »
    is that english?

    Almost...
  • maunokoivisto
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    POTM Aguero, its so obvious. 91 or 92 rate ? Price phenomenal ?
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Plenty of 83s down to 800-900 coins, plenty of 84s down to around 2.5k. You guys know what to do here, I'll leave it at that for now!
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6377 posts Big Money Move
    IF Demirbay is such a solid investment right now if a big icon drops this weekend, 85 IF that you can pick up for 28-30k with a good nation and league, can easily see him raising to 40k+ with a couple futbin solutions
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    POTM this week! As many of you have said it just has to be Aguero, 2 hattricks and a winner is impossible to ignore.

    My personal expectation is just your generic high rated squads. I can't see Aguero NIF being required, it's pointless to require a 100-150k card in an SBC that will cost in the region of 1 million coins. In terms of a special Aguero, I still don't think it's likely as he has only the three special items, one of which is his live card that is more expensive than his POTM SBC will be. With just a regular UCL gold and one IF, there's too shorter supply of these cards for EA to require Aguero at all.

    We're probably looking at similar-ish requirements as to the likes of Hazard, Rashford and VVD. 85-87 rated squads based around Man City, Argentina, 2 hattricks/7 goals (7 special items?) and the usual POTM brick slot squad. On the back of the half priced pack weekend, prices for IFs and 84+ cards have gone through the floor, there's plenty of scope out there.

    Specifically, IF Izzo could be good as one of the cheaper 84 IFs and he gives a perfect link to Sirigu who's expected to get an 86 IF this week. IF Antonio's another solid shout, as City played against West Ham last month and he's relatively cheap for an 82 IF. Upgraded Sterling could be very useful as an 87 rated EPL and Man City winger, depending on formation he's one with a lot of potential.

    Shifting off POTM, a couple of decent longer-term investments - 85 IF Castillejo gives a perfect link to Suso, who happens to be a FUT Swap card this month. People will likely grab him to use in SBCs and Castillejo's currently cheap 85 IF could rise as everyone gets their 6th swap token. I also like the bronze IF in this TOTW, at under 6k he's the cheapest inform we've seen this year, all we need is an SBC requiring an IF of any variant and he'll be up to 10-12k easily.

    Apologies for the long post but haven't done one in a while, the thread's obviously died off a bit this FIFA. We had over 400 pages by this time last year and we're stuck at a measly 100 now :disappointed:
  • Devers
    7406 posts League Winner
    @Stevie_G great post, thread is dead a while but youve kept it going, but its not only this thread, the whole ps section is dying, and i think thats more down to ea trying to stop us from making coins from threads like this and the inform trading thread,there pushing players away.

    But potm, i have gone in on inform deulofeu and tarkowski. And loads of higuain. Will probably sell in the hype.
  • KRANG00
    1745 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good work Stevie B)

    I'd nearly stopped trading but these prices have pulled me back in! :D

    Haven't played a game in weeks and literally cannot stand the game, and i don't think a patch can save it and make me want to play again (i hope i'm wrong)

    They've killed the game play and don't listen to a word we say, the endless money grab promos are a joke and most sbc's they release are stupidly priced.

    So obsessed with killing trading that they are actually killing the game

    Back on topic, I've got 10 NIF Aguero's to shift and so many 84 to 88's as well :D

  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    edited March 5
    Devers wrote: »
    @Stevie_G great post, thread is dead a while but youve kept it going, but its not only this thread, the whole ps section is dying, and i think thats more down to ea trying to stop us from making coins from threads like this and the inform trading thread,there pushing players away.

    But potm, i have gone in on inform deulofeu and tarkowski. And loads of higuain. Will probably sell in the hype.

    Ah yep forgot to mention Zaha, Del and Tarkowski. Plenty of good buys at the minute given the big pack promo, as you say once people turn their attention to POTM we should see some panic buying forcing these guys up a few thousand coins.

    The overall price of Aguero will determine the movement in player prices, if he's over 1 million then hype selling is definitely the way forward. Unless he's cheap, everyone's aware TOTS is on the horizon and it's doubtful they'll spend loads on an untradable Aguero card. I'll probably hold a couple of cards myself and hope they're specifically relevant, and sell on about half of the investments in the hype
Sign In or Register to comment.