5221 Wide Targetman Guide - sponsored by - Get it in the Mixer Cement Co.Ltd

Comments

• czcash
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Susie_Lund wrote: »
    Susie_Lund wrote: »
    Anyone else only hitting the post pre patch?

Yes. A lot. :joy:

:( I try with downwards headers, but the goalie also saves them a lot. If i cross 8 out of 10 headers hit the post. So this style is not effective anymore then... sad, was so fun when it worked

Im having no trouble at all.
    But, try to head the ball back to your striker, then score with him if you have trouble
  • SJR440
    4338 posts National Call-Up
    This still working for folks? I'm tempted to give this one final try as I've started playing a lot more aggressive and direct (that's what this game does to you aha)
  • Berlus
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2
    Since few days crosses don't work for me anymore. Recently I reached gold 1 regularly by crossing play. Now I struggle to win any far post header. Anyone else?
  • FarPostGhost
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Took a bit of a break from the forum but back with an update on the formation...

Where to start!

There’s been some new editions...

92 Socrates - POS: ST - absolute beast, bit of a luxury in this formation as the ST position is a little under-utilised but he’s been great. Set up to run wide and get in behind he really helps on the break as he has great crossing and a 5* week foot. When he’s in the centre he’s a decent aerial threat and a real poacher too.

87 Ferland Mendy - POS: LWB - The second best LB in the game for this style. Has all the attributes to play wing back but what makes him so effective is that 5* weak foot and 4* skills. He can go either way and get a deadly cross off. End game player for me.

94 Marcelo - POS: LCM - Played him at LWB before getting Mendy, where, predictably, he was the best LB in the game. Was planning to sell him (not worth 700k more than Mendy) but before I did I gave him a run in midfield. Crazy good. Gets around the pitch like Kante but great in attack too.

So here’s a run down of the whole team in there adjusted positions. Starts 451, only chem loss from Bale (8) and Marcelo (7)

1. GK - Van der sar (91) Best keeper i’ve used, comes for crosses, safe hands, catches a lot of shots.
    17. LWB - Mendy (87) Incredible, more detail above.
    5. LCB - Kimpembe (87) Really solid, he’s left footed, gets attacks going down the left, good passer.
    6. CB - Rijkard (90) Excellent at CB, composed on the ball, pin point distribution.
    4. RCB - De Light (92) As good as any CB i’ve used this year
    2. RWB - Dumfries (83) Outplays his rating by a long way. Big, strong, fast.. and he can play!
    21. LCM - Marcelo (94) Has it all except height, detail above.
    8. RCM - Ballack (91) Mr all rounder, good in defence, scores shots and headers for fun.
    11. LW - Bale (92) Quick, tall, amazing jumping. 3 star weak foot the only downside.
    10. ST - Socrates (92) Best beard/hair combo in the game. Detail above.
    9. RW - Ibra (92) 6’5” 91 jumping with “hawk” and he’s standing next to your LB. All the best with that.

Tactics wise, not changed much. Tend to start quite attacking with both wing backs bombing forward, if the opponent has too much space I put Dumfries on stat back and reduce the depth.

Seen a few posts above where some are finding it more difficult to score headers, have to say, not been an issue for me, feels exactly the same as when I wrote the guide.
  • nextqprmanager
    3324 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 15
    Wow - what a Team, I might as well give up !, thx for the detail.
    congrats, what Div are you in / WL rank pls?
  • FarPostGhost
    Wow - what a Team, I might as well give up !, thx for the detail.
    congrats, what Div are you in / WL rank pls?

Between 2 and 3.

Don’t get the time to play a full weekend league much, usually finish 14-2 or so. Losses are always close!
  • FarPostGhost
    edited March 16
    If anyone want’s to try this on a budget and wants to use premier league, the new MOTM Giroud looks a handful.

With hawk he has 98 attack pos, 95 heading acc, 95 jumping and 94 strength.

And he’s 6’4”.

Oooff
  • dabeags
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    @FarPostGhost I really want to use Socrates or CR7 as a ST as right now I have Prime Best there and find I generally could use a heading threat more Than another potential crosser. Just tough to fit him into my team without playing Best at LCM which isn’t ideal on defense.
  • FarPostGhost
    dabeags wrote: »
    @FarPostGhost I really want to use Socrates or CR7 as a ST as right now I have Prime Best there and find I generally could use a heading threat more Than another potential crosser. Just tough to fit him into my team without playing Best at LCM which isn’t ideal on defense.

Is this with the 5221?
  • FarPostGhost
    Weghorst got a hattrick at the weekend 👀
  • dabeags

Is this with the 5221?

Yup, 5221 in game. I start in 4321 with Overmars - Ibra - Best to get Ibra on Full Chem. I am really struggling with the LCM/ST spots though. Like I said, I think I'd rather have another heading threat in at ST as I rarely use him in the build up of play, even set as a False 9.
  • FarPostGhost

Is this with the 5221?

Yup, 5221 in game. I start in 4321 with Overmars - Ibra - Best to get Ibra on Full Chem. I am really struggling with the LCM/ST spots though. Like I said, I think I'd rather have another heading threat in at ST as I rarely use him in the build up of play, even set as a False 9.

I’ve used Overmars at LCM with sentinel chem style, he’s decent there, you lose a bit defensively but gain pace for the break.
  • dabeags
    edited April 1
    Just had my best finish in WL, 18 wins with 6 games to go. Probably could have pushed for Gold 1 but ran out of time.

Team I am using is below. Offensively it is a juggernaut, probably averaging 3-4 goals a game in this past WL. Henry in the ST spot gives an extra header threat when the header is lobbed short.

Issue for me is still defense, Without any CDM the opponent has tons of space to work on the break before he hits my back line. I really struggle with the player switching and manual defending since the player switching is so damn inconsistent. Thinking maybe a bit more pace is needed as I seem to get beat by 5 or 6 through balls a week.

image.png
  • Susie_Lund
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @FarPostGhost Will you play the same way on fifa 20? hope you make a new guide then ;)