The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    to be fair the second pen was 100% a penalty tonight, so you scoring one missing one worked out ok somehow(?)
    Sorry for calling you relegation fodder, stay up please so that we can have more of this next season if we are L1 again xoxo
    Would actually be pretty cute if the league 2 group of 4 years ago (Bristol Rovers, Bury, Oxford and us) could have a league one reunion next year
    Also footballs coming home again in the summer so its all chill pals
    Nah we are relegation fodder, just seems like you call the refs a disgrace after every game, but I guess I like to moan about conceding late goals all the time so I guess we all have our thing x

Speaking of late goals it sounds like Omar should have got one in the 95th so I'll take the slice of luck for a change.

Its because they have been awful all season
    We have had a bunch of games where its not just been against us either, just generally missing stuff for both teams and had the odd referee help us as well
    Even last night, so one penalty was the wrong decision, Lockyer shold have been sent off for you and Vaughan should have been sent off for us
    So just the three major decisions wrong then, its just infuriating because we have the money to make the guys pro and help them get better but no we refuse to pay it
  • WFCBagnall
    88047 posts Moderator
    Don't worry @Hicksy2011, you ain't the worst team in the league, no one is worse than us.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4184 posts National Call-Up
    to be fair the second pen was 100% a penalty tonight, so you scoring one missing one worked out ok somehow(?)
    Sorry for calling you relegation fodder, stay up please so that we can have more of this next season if we are L1 again xoxo
    Would actually be pretty cute if the league 2 group of 4 years ago (Bristol Rovers, Bury, Oxford and us) could have a league one reunion next year
    Also footballs coming home again in the summer so its all chill pals
    Nah we are relegation fodder, just seems like you call the refs a disgrace after every game, but I guess I like to moan about conceding late goals all the time so I guess we all have our thing x

Speaking of late goals it sounds like Omar should have got one in the 95th so I'll take the slice of luck for a change.

Its because they have been awful all season
    We have had a bunch of games where its not just been against us either, just generally missing stuff for both teams and had the odd referee help us as well
    Even last night, so one penalty was the wrong decision, Lockyer shold have been sent off for you and Vaughan should have been sent off for us
    So just the three major decisions wrong then, its just infuriating because we have the money to make the guys pro and help them get better but no we refuse to pay it
    Yeah I just generally think the refs are of a shocking standard, no consistency at all all round, it’s got to the point I don’t even bother complaining about them cause it’s alteady a given that the refs are gash, ie v Shrewsbury there should have been 15 players on the pitch by full time but the ref was a bottler etc...

I hope you win the playoffs though pal I still love you I am no longer seething xxx
  • GoodnightIrene
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Don't worry @Hicksy2011, you ain't the worst team in the league, no one is worse than us.
    And yeah you’re shocking atm, I think you’ll survive by the skin of your teeth though x
  • WFCBagnall
    88047 posts Moderator
    And yeah you’re shocking atm, I think you’ll survive by the skin of your teeth though x

In a way I'm hoping it goes to the last day. Shrewsbury away.

Beat them, send them down and we stay up :love:
  • iHilarious
    13545 posts Has That Special Something
    We’ve had our fourth winding up since Tiger took over, looking bleak, still haven’t won away this season, think we’ll definitely be in that relegation battle until the final day
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    edited February 2019
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    i feel so bad for Portsmouth, nothing ever goes their way and they never rightfully give away penalties and the refs are always so mean to them and nobody likes them and they are treated so unfairly and every other team in the country has fair refereeing except for Portsmouth and the referee is always so biased against them and all their players are leaving in the summer and kenny jacketts dog is ill and the ref hates them and they didn't even get their own Netflix special and the referee was a disgrace again and they are such a big massive club and they should be playing Bayern Munich tonight not Bristol Rovers and the refs hate them and they would win every game if it wasnt for the refs and sunderland got two penalties but portsmouth didnt cause shaun harvey hates them and wow their players are so rubbish tonight but omg ref was disgrace though portsmouth are so big they should be playing in the european super league competition but theyd get relegated cause the refs hate them and all their players are leaving in the summer cause of the referee theyve never made a foul only referee mistakes and every shot they ever have would have gone in but the wind was biased and the referee hates them and the linesman banged omar bogles mum

did i mention the ref hates them omg poor old portsmouth

Unreal post @GoodnightIrene
  • GoodnightIrene
    iHilarious wrote: »
    We’ve had our fourth winding up since Tiger took over, looking bleak, still haven’t won away this season, think we’ll definitely be in that relegation battle until the final day
    Nah don't be crazy, you'll be down long before the last day of the season.
  • Handy Andy
    6227 posts Big Money Move
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Sabo wrote: »
    i feel so bad for Portsmouth, nothing ever goes their way and they never rightfully give away penalties and the refs are always so mean to them and nobody likes them and they are treated so unfairly and every other team in the country has fair refereeing except for Portsmouth and the referee is always so biased against them and all their players are leaving in the summer and kenny jacketts dog is ill and the ref hates them and they didn't even get their own Netflix special and the referee was a disgrace again and they are such a big massive club and they should be playing Bayern Munich tonight not Bristol Rovers and the refs hate them and they would win every game if it wasnt for the refs and sunderland got two penalties but portsmouth didnt cause shaun harvey hates them and wow their players are so rubbish tonight but omg ref was disgrace though portsmouth are so big they should be playing in the european super league competition but theyd get relegated cause the refs hate them and all their players are leaving in the summer cause of the referee theyve never made a foul only referee mistakes and every shot they ever have would have gone in but the wind was biased and the referee hates them and the linesman banged omar bogles mum

Maybe one day you'll make a worthwhile post too

Brutal
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain

Absolutely seething.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Handy Andy wrote: »

Brutal
    To be honest, I feel like if you aren't contributing to the lounge positively then you've not got no right to be trolling on it. Irene was doing a little trolling on Pompey but he's a regular poster and a good poster.

Didn't say it to be an edge-lord, I genuinely mean it. Mods will happily give out warnings to me for having an opinion but at least it's relevant to the lounge. I don't know what @Alastair and @WFCBagnall have been told to do as far as how they moderate, but I feel like it should be something that is looked into.

I got no problem with Sabo posting on here or in fact anyone else, just feel like they should be adding to the lounge, not taking away.
  • GoodnightIrene

Brutal
    To be honest, I feel like if you aren't contributing to the lounge positively then you've not got no right to be trolling on it. Irene was doing a little trolling on Pompey but he's a regular poster and a good poster.

Didn't say it to be an edge-lord, I genuinely mean it. Mods will happily give out warnings to me for having an opinion but at least it's relevant to the lounge. I don't know what @Alastair and @WFCBagnall have been told to do as far as how they moderate, but I feel like it should be something that is looked into.

I got no problem with Sabo posting on here or in fact anyone else, just feel like they should be adding to the lounge, not taking away.
    Now I know you're trolling.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4370 posts National Call-Up
    Ben Thompson on the bench again. Honestly fuming. Absolutely murdered Fred Onyedinma's development and now we're doing the same to Thompson's, all because Harris has his favourites, regardless of how poorly they consistently perform, they will continue to start.
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    £28 a game next season, we're turning in to Fulham.
  • They Caged Non
    6481 posts Big Money Move
    james2060 wrote: »

Is that 28 in a bad or good way cos the Boro costs more than that.

• dannyboy
    12977 posts Has That Special Something
    Dizzy Baller is spot on here TBH
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited February 2019

We're charging 75 quid in some areas for Newcastle on the last day of the season, which at best will just be Newcastle trying to beat us to stay up with us already being down. We take some beating.
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up

A bad way. I know some Championship teams are ridiculous with their ticket pricing but it's like 40% more than a lot of league 1 teams

We're charging 75 quid in some areas for Newcastle on the last day of the season, which at best will just be Newcastle trying to beat us to stay up with us already being down. We take some beating.

I see everyone's favourite Archie Rhind-Tutt talking about the prices, You'll need a 6 figure salary to watch your lot next year
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    My season ticket will be £355 again next season which I don’t think is bad, £15 a game
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    That's comfortably the worst half of football I've seen us play since the Lomas era. Harris needs to go now.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited February 2019

I see everyone's favourite Archie Rhind-Tutt talking about the prices, You'll need a 6 figure salary to watch your lot next year

To be fair that's one of the good things about us going down. We were pretty reasonably priced last season (and the couple seasons before) probably because of the fact we're competing with loads of other London teams. I got my Season Ticket for about £250 for this season because I paid last seasons Championship prices by renewing in March. To put that into context for the exact same seat, if I was buying individual tickets per game for this season for the rest of the games this season (Chelsea, City, Everton, Cardiff and Newcastle with Liverpool already being sold out) it would've cost me £245.

God knows what we'd have been charging if we stayed up considering we'll have a reduced capacity next season as well.
    Post edited by wheelerdeeler on
  • ryan217
    2965 posts Fans' Favourite

Brutal

Imagine thinking you're allowed your own opinions in this day and age
  • WFCBagnall
    88047 posts Moderator
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    My season ticket will be £355 again next season which I don’t think is bad, £15 a game

Mine is £340
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator

Mine is £340

Is that all they’re paying you? I’d want at least £500 if I had to watch walsall for a season...
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    ryan217 wrote: »

Brutal

Imagine thinking you're allowed your own opinions in this day and age
    I'm a Forest fan Ryan, I've always been misguided.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    If ever a game deserved both teams coming away with 0 points, it's that one. How we've nicked that I don't know, but I'll take it.
  • BRISTOL86 wrote: »

£514 for me
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    mott1993 wrote: »

£514 for me

Look at you in the posh seats. Oh and up the millwall.