Which ICON CM/CDM?

Paro91
75 posts Park Captain
Would be best to partner with Pogba in a 4-2-3-1?
Got like 1,3 mil on PS4

Looking at Ballack, Matthäus, Gerrard,...others?
Currently have NIF Fabinho and he does the job...hate his passing and pace tho. Also he cannot score if he is in the position to do so.

Obviously I should focus on someone defensive for CDM (even more when partnered with Pogba), but then again I sometimes change formation to 4-4-2 and could use a better CM as well so I kinda need best of both worlds?

ty guys :grimace:

Comments

• Roy Keane. Sold him three times and had to go get him back. Not leaving my team anymore.
  • makkan00
    523 posts An Exciting Prospect
    emylonas wrote: »
    Roy Keane. Sold him three times and had to go get him back. Not leaving my team anymore.

People keep saying that he is clunky! is that correct?
  • Paro91
    75 posts Park Captain
    edited February 20
    Roy Keane. Sold him three times and had to go get him back. Not leaving my team anymore.

Never thought about Keane tbh
    Can he provide some attacking force every now and then as well?

• AJS-17
    893 posts Semi-Pro
    Paro91 wrote: »

I have his prime untradable, his shooting is really poor, personally don't think he is good at anything just 'alright' at everything. Defo gonna trade in when a moments sbc comes out
  • Red_Arrow_FC
    90 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ballack all the way
  • Clanceypants
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    RiJkaard
  • Paro91
    75 posts Park Captain
    AJS-17 wrote: »

I have his prime untradable, his shooting is really poor, personally don't think he is good at anything just 'alright' at everything. Defo gonna trade in when a moments sbc comes out

That is exactly what I was thinking XD

Ballack all the way

Stat wise he should be the perfect man I guess?
    With Matthäus being more defensive minded and Gerrard more offensive..
    RiJkaard

Stats looking good hmmm also has the height, attacking wise not looking overly great tho
  • setter7
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    88 Seedorf.
  • Foxsake
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Patrick
  • Base blanc
  • Gnomenclature
    3163 posts National Call-Up
    RiJkaard

Finally did his sbc. He is awesome, complete midfielder. I have him next to toty kante in my 433 attack squad. He is better at shooting and passing than his stats imply. It's also nice having that extra height in midfield to win headers. Really loving riykaard.
  • PeteB7977
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Baby blanc, plus sell pogba and buy big Frank Riykard! Have one on stay back and the other balanced, both on cut passing lanes! Then let the front 4 do there thing!
  • PeteB7977
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    With Frank and blanc as CDMs you can also consider releasing a full back on to balanced
  • mr_flibble
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had fabinho and pogba and swapped fabinho for petit. Only about 20 games ago so hard to tell but feels like I made a good choice.
  • Paro91
    75 posts Park Captain
    mr_flibble wrote: »
    I had fabinho and pogba and swapped fabinho for petit. Only about 20 games ago so hard to tell but feels like I made a good choice.

really?? I got his "Moment" card for 7 games and I have to say he is F-ing sloooow^^

PeteB7977 wrote: »
    Baby blanc, plus sell pogba and buy big Frank Riykard! Have one on stay back and the other balanced, both on cut passing lanes! Then let the front 4 do there thing!

good call! considering this as well now, ty

Interesting that no one really talking bout Matthäus or Gerrard!
    Base Matthäus seems like a bargain to me? Only downside probably his height..
  • Paro91
    75 posts Park Captain
    RiJkaard

Finally did his sbc. He is awesome, complete midfielder. I have him next to toty kante in my 433 attack squad. He is better at shooting and passing than his stats imply. It's also nice having that extra height in midfield to win headers. Really loving riykaard.

which chem style r u using?
  • Guvnor
    1047 posts Professional
    Prime veron ! Would save you a couple hundred k and I find very good in the defensive mid role, also good going forward, proper box to box .
  • Boysie91
    8434 posts League Winner
    Not sure how much he is but Base Vieira > 89 Ballack
  • Invincibility
    3834 posts National Call-Up
    PRIME Rijkaard
  • Paro91
    75 posts Park Captain
    Boysie91 wrote: »

currently a bit out of budget but I could save up for him in a few weeks tbh if he is worth it :)
    Seeing maaaaany Rijkaards here also, should consider him as well?
  • Has1988
    688 posts Semi-Pro
    If you really want an icon then Rijkaard or vieira

But you should consider kante
  • Boysie91
    8434 posts League Winner

currently a bit out of budget but I could save up for him in a few weeks tbh if he is worth it :)

Haven't used Rijkaard tbh so can't make comment. Vieira is very good though and Ballack feels a bit clunky compared to Vieira.
  • Paro91
    75 posts Park Captain

Haven't used Rijkaard tbh so can't make comment. Vieira is very good though and Ballack feels a bit clunky compared to Vieira.

thats what I hate on Fabinho bc he is so clunky...when I get home from work I gonna check what possibilities I have to go for Vieira :)

Has1988 wrote: »

Kante is a powerhorse! He is kinda small, but apart from that there is nothing to bother.
    I got the untradeable but not quite possible to fit in my squad, wouldve to reconstruct some parts - could save a lot of money tho ...

Rijkaard/Vieira vs Kante???

• Has1988
    688 posts Semi-Pro

thats what I hate on Fabinho bc he is so clunky...when I get home from work I gonna check what possibilities I have to go for Vieira :)

Kante is a powerhorse! He is kinda small, but apart from that there is nothing to bother.
    I got the untradeable but not quite possible to fit in my squad, wouldve to reconstruct some parts - could save a lot of money tho ...

Kante and David Luiz sbc lol
  • Paro91
    75 posts Park Captain

haha good shout, currently using FFS Militao + Varane, not sure if I wanna change that tho^^
    Either one of Kante, Fabinho, Rijkaard, Vieira are more defensive minded Midfielders
    any comparable ICON to Modric?? I like his smoothness :)
  • Paro91 wrote: »

Oh yes. He makes runs inside the box even though he’s on stay back. Every now and then he scores from inside the box or outside... Had to put gladiator on him though.
  • makkan00 wrote: »

People keep saying that he is clunky! is that correct?

Well, his dribbling is much better than Ballack’s imo...
  • Has1988
    688 posts Semi-Pro

haha good shout, currently using FFS Militao + Varane, not sure if I wanna change that tho^^
    Either one of Kante, Fabinho, Rijkaard, Vieira are more defensive minded Midfielders
    any comparable ICON to Modric?? I like his smoothness :)

Prime Gullit lol
  • Oh and I play 433-4. He’s my right CM, stay back. I start my play on the left side (LCM is Modric and joins the attack). When the opponent’s defens is all on the left, it opens space on the right for Keane to make a run and either make a pass inside the box or score.
  • Clanceypants
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    RiJkaard

Agreed. I have him at CDM and he still makes good runs and really is a great box to box player.