CR7

SkeltonTom
1412 posts Play-Off Hero
Is he still as good as he was earlier in the game? For the first time ever, I’ve got enough coins to buy CR7 on UT (always been my fave player) as I’m a United fan.

Got about 700k to build a team around him and POTM Rashford.

What’s CR7 play like atm? Still OP?

Comments

• IamLeeroy
    430 posts Sunday League Hero
    He is clunky
    He goes missing 85% of the time

Then he comes up clutch out of nowhere, and wins game for you, that you didn't deserve.

Also he's almost a guaranteed goal a game if you get enough corners lol 😁
  • SkeltonTom
    1412 posts Play-Off Hero
    IamLeeroy wrote: »
    He is clunky

Then he comes up clutch out of nowhere, and wins game for you, that you didn't deserve.

Okay cool, thanks mate! Definitely tempted, just want to here some other people’s reviews too :#
  • Vanch
    211 posts Sunday League Hero
    If he's your fave player, you should just buy him regardless. You're more likely to play better with him just for the fact he's your favourite.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5776 posts Big Money Move
    If you’ve never had him and he is your favorite I say do it. Ronaldo is getting older and the years of him being the best card in fut are limited. So go for it.
  • Finesse_4days
    7690 posts League Winner
    SkeltonTom wrote: »
    Is he still as good as he was earlier in the game? For the first time ever, I’ve got enough coins to buy CR7 on UT (always been my fave player) as I’m a United fan.

People say he is clunky, but he really isn't , he is a goal scoring machine who can score any type of goal and get assists as well with his good passing and crossing. If you learn how to cross and how to use 5* skills like the El Tornado , ball roll sombrero and fake rabona you will get the best out of him.
  • SkeltonTom
    1412 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you’ve never had him and he is your favorite I say do it. Ronaldo is getting older and the years of him being the best card in fut are limited. So go for it.

Great point mate!! You had him before? Got to get him. Just thinking about the players to have around him.....
  • cant wait to try him
  • SkeltonTom
    1412 posts Play-Off Hero
    cant wait to try him

Same mate! Can’t wait to Siuuuuuu every time I score ahaha! Wonder what the best chem style is?
  • Luca0310
    608 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 19
    He's definitely not the most enjoyable player this year, mainly because of his balance/agility. But tbh everyone can play and score with him, for me personally he's just.... boring. Neymar may only score half the goals but in the end is much more fun
  • SSL14
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 19
    I really enjoyed using OTW Ronaldo just after the patch, he could do no wrong, strong on the ball, dominant in the air, and could score screamers from most areas in the final third of the opponent's field, his dribbling was pretty insane if you learn how to do some of the 4 and 5 * skills, I flipped him for 500k profit 10days ago and then brought the NIF card who felt considerably worse sadly.

I'll rebuy CR7 at some point as he scored at a ratio of 154 goals in 140 games for me, which made him the most consistent striker. I would ignore people who are nitpicking about his balance issues and try the card for yourself. If I had to pick one striker I've used on FIFA 19 that I'd want to run at the 2 CB's and slot it around the keeper when on a counter attack, I'd pick CR7 all day long, not R90, or Maradona 95, Messi 94, or Eusebio 91.

Good luck and enjoy the card, as a previous poster remarked, He'll probably be nerfed in like 2 years time and won't feel half as special. Though I suspect EA will pay serious dollar to have his rights for an icon card the following year after he eventually retires.
  • SkeltonTom
    1412 posts Play-Off Hero
    Luca0310 wrote: »
    He's definitely not the most enjoyable player this year, mainly because of his balance/agility. But tbh everyone can play and score with him, for me personally he's just.... boring. Neymar may only score half the goals but in the end is much more fun

Okay thanks for the feedback mate. If he’s as clinical as people say, then I will surround him with fun players like; Pogba, POTM Rashford, Dybala etc
  • I'm not saying he's bad, he's a damn goal machine. But CR7 never really suited me in any fifa, I was always that Messi or Neymar guy, I like to dribble a lot and I literally never cross. Just not my style although crossing is op. That's why I prefer Prime Raul personally, he has it all, fast and agile and still wins nearly every goal kick for me
  • IamLeeroy
    430 posts Sunday League Hero
    SkeltonTom wrote: »

People say he is clunky, but he really isn't , he is a goal scoring machine who can score any type of goal and get assists as well with his good passing and crossing. If you learn how to cross and how to use 5* skills like the El Tornado , ball roll sombrero and fake rabona you will get the best out of him.

Not to be rude.But People say he is clunky, because he is clunky lol

Regardless, he is amazing at scoring crazy goals and winning games. His skills are also brilliant, as are most 5* players.
  • EekAlaska
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Told myself I wasn't getting him this year because I always have his TOTY or TOTS. Ended up getting him and will definitely try and work him into my final team this year.
  • futaddict79
    1626 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've bought his OTW back, had Toty mbappe before him and he scores as much as Toty mbappe did for me, plus you have the added bonus of he might get an inform, also allows me to play otw cancleo who is easier the best RB in my opinion
  • SkeltonTom wrote: »
    cant wait to try him

Same mate! Can’t wait to Siuuuuuu every time I score ahaha! Wonder what the best chem style is?

i just got him, did put a hawk on him, that guy is amazing, and i rly do like skills so he is perfect for me :D
  • DanValletta
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    He is boring and clunky but he is also clutch. Depends on what you want. I bought him at the start because it's CR7 but since I swapped him out I haven't looked back.

If you want to win games you probably shouldn't then get him. If you want to have a team you fully enjoy I would advise against it.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    I've used TOTY Cr7 and normal Cr7 this year. Definitely the best ST in the game, wins you games you don't deserve.

Yeah he doesn't feel agile but who cares when you either through ball to him or cross it in to him.
  • Forca-Barca
    3043 posts National Call-Up
    I finally joined the meta club and just bought otw Ronaldo. 6 games 15 goals. He just scores for fun.
  • torakun
    1593 posts Play-Off Hero
    One word.

BORING.

but he scores goal.. so.. yea..

If you're like me, expect to sell after 80 games. Then try others, then come back to him again, use for 60 games, sold, try others, and buy again to be used for 40 games, and finally you had enough and stopped trying him again.

:)

Eventhough I don't score more, Neymar, hazard, some icons, are more fun to play with than CR7.
  • czcash
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dont listen to these people, m8.
    Go get him!

I still use his NIF card and its great! Use engine chem on him tho, making him an agile beast that still has incredible shooting and strength.

The thing about cr7 that no1 else can match is the way he is complete. He has the strength to be a target man, the pace to be a backroom forward, and the shooting to score both screamers and tap-ins.
    With engine chem, he even has good passing.

For me: the best striker ive tried this year, and ive tried most (not pele and r9 tho...)
  • SkeltonTom
    1412 posts Play-Off Hero
    czcash wrote: »
    Go get him!

I still use his NIF card and its great! Use engine chem on him tho, making him an agile beast that still has incredible shooting and strength.

The thing about cr7 that no1 else can match is the way he is complete. He has the strength to be a target man, the pace to be a backroom forward, and the shooting to score both screamers and tap-ins.

For me: the best striker ive tried this year, and ive tried most (not pele and r9 tho...)

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I’ll be making the purchase. One last thing, what’s the best chem style as I’m hearing different answers?
  • czcash
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Engine, m8.
    He doesnt need better shooting
    He doesnt need better physical stats
    He doesnt need better defending

He DOES need a bit more pace
    He DOES need a bit better agility and balance
    He REALLY DOESN need better passing

Just have a look at these stats: https://www.futbin.com/19/player/143/Cristiano Ronaldo/?chem=engine&pchem=10&schem=100
  • SkeltonTom
    1412 posts Play-Off Hero
    Engine, m8.
    He doesnt need better shooting
    He doesnt need better physical stats
    He doesnt need better defending

He DOES need a bit more pace
    He DOES need a bit better agility and balance
    He REALLY DOESN need better passing

Just have a look at these stats: https://www.futbin.com/19/player/143/Cristiano Ronaldo/?chem=engine&pchem=10&schem=100

Perfect, thanks mate!
  • Foxsake
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hunter
  • Paro91
    83 posts Park Captain
    I just bought him bc he is my fav player since United :smile:

I use him with Basic and he has 19 Goals and 12 Assists in 21 Games for me - which is the best ratio for me this year. I have to admit he IS clunky but for me it is not an issue I also got Neymar in my team for "smoothness" ;-)

• makkan00
    523 posts An Exciting Prospect
    IamLeeroy wrote: »
    He is clunky

He summed it really well. I have sold all my IFs or players to get him as he is 1.5-1.6M now.

He is clunky and I felt him slow compared to POTM aub and Mbappe.

But as this lad said, he will hide somewhere in the corner and then will re-appear from no where to score.

Headers... he is lethal.

Another thing is that if you do not rush him and play at normal pace, he will do better IMHO.

In my case, I will sell him. As Neymar, POTM Aub and Mbappe at the front are more clinical than CR7, POTM Aub and mbappe.
  • makkan00
    torakun wrote: »
    One word.

BORING.

but he scores goal.. so.. yea..

If you're like me, expect to sell after 80 games. Then try others, then come back to him again, use for 60 games, sold, try others, and buy again to be used for 40 games, and finally you had enough and stopped trying him again.

:)

Eventhough I don't score more, Neymar, hazard, some icons, are more fun to play with than CR7.

Exactly my feelings. I have more fun with Neymar, hazard, BenYedder, Mbappe than CR7.
  • makkan00
    Go get him!

Mine was on Engine chemistry and to improve his balance however IMHO, he lacked pace. He is on hawk now and IMHO, much better compared to the engine. Needs to tests him a bit more.
  • Futfanatic
    13447 posts Has That Special Something
    Very boring.