Love playing SB

TheDinhoKid10
1319 posts Play-Off Hero
And losing to the special guest squad with always TOTY/Icons and getting beat by 2 shots which are 2 headers while i just pound away at the goal. 22 shots on target. 14 saves. 6 of the post. Cpu gets 2 shots. 2 headers. Lose in the 95th minute with +2 extra time. Yup. Gonna go another week without playin SB. Stacks the box and i just cant score against it. Went from 5-7 nil games to struggling to score. 3 goals.

AI needs to be Nerfed. Its too much

Comments

• JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    most boring mode,i just always use it to recover my players,i put fitness team and play on beginner score one goal and leave it and i have gold 1 i think rewards on the end of the week

i just hate that before the AI never tackled you when you left your controller down on beginner and now they tackling much more,not every team but much more like before
  • mark1089
    479 posts Sunday League Hero
    I stopped playing that mode awhile ago. Went from scoring 5 on legendary to barely being able to get by on semi pro/professional. Come to think of it, all modes are unplayable, it's just a collect shiny cards and show them off game.
  • RA22Y
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I can imagine the conversation at EA HQ when someone has picked their team - "so, that's Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar up top. Gullit, Modric and Vieira in midfield, a back 4 of Marcelo, Varane, Ramos and Alves, with Handanovic in goal. Tactics?"

"Well, I was thinking this team would sit on the edge of my box with 10 men behind the ball and play on the break".

🙄
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1319 posts Play-Off Hero
    RA22Y wrote: »
    I can imagine the conversation at EA HQ when someone has picked their team - "so, that's Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar up top. Gullit, Modric and Vieira in midfield, a back 4 of Marcelo, Varane, Ramos and Alves, with Handanovic in goal. Tactics?"

"Well, I was thinking this team would sit on the edge of my box with 10 men behind the ball and play on the break".

🙄

Lmfao that is exactly how it is too!
  • hayhor1
    14547 posts Has That Special Something
    Best way to play the guess squad is ultimate with controller down and watch tv. 1400 free points.
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1319 posts Play-Off Hero
    mark1089 wrote: »
    I stopped playing that mode awhile ago. Went from scoring 5 on legendary to barely being able to get by on semi pro/professional. Come to think of it, all modes are unplayable, it's just a collect shiny cards and show them off game.

Last year playing ultimate the majority of the time and winning 95% of my SB games to this year just either either playing very good on Legendary or barely scating by is just too stressful. Like yeah i wanna play against good AI but the AI is too good. Its impossible at times on Legendary/Ultimate
  • Illini McG
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    I suck.....yet I usually 5-0 legendary if not a super team. Still can't crack top 100
  • Unemesis
    52 posts Park Captain
    edited February 19
    I usually play on legendary/world class, score 4 or more goals against the firts three teams, and yesterday I played against the guest squad on professional, just to have a relaxing game, it's good because you don't worry about scoring 5 goals or losing points for conceding, but somehow ended up losing 2-0.

2 cdms, drop back, team press, same tactics, super ball shielding with any player, etc.

I know it's a squad with legends and the best players on the world, but what's the point in choosing professional level if AI players have full reactions, cover any space and intercept everything, sometimes it's like the AI controls more that one player at the same time. Some days ago I played against the fourth squad on semipro and the AI played like legendary.

FUT is the most competitive mode in Fifa, but at least, should have some room for a casual play.
  • Unemesis
    52 posts Park Captain
    edited February 19

Agree, I hope Fifa 20 comes with a new game mode for casual players with good rewards as SB, not like offline seasons, and a decent AI in SB for the ones who do not always play online modes.
  • amit37
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Unemesis wrote: »

Agree, I hope Fifa 20 comes with a new game mode for casual players with good rewards as SB, not like offline seasons, and a decent AI in SB for the ones who do not always play online modes.

casual and good rewards will not work so good becouse when People see rewards they will stop Play casual and the idea is gone.

Maybe if rewords was working like - Play 30 games this week in some new casual mod( win or lose) this week to get 3 prime Gold players packs and 10k Gold will let People just Play for fun and not have the Need to win so badly.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    AI blatantly cheats from time to time, making you hit the post, ridiculous saves and scoring goals from stupid angles with players that can barely shoot.

People at EA should actually play their own game to find out how frustrating it is at times. I want an offline game that's challenging, instead you gave me a game where i just shake my head and wonder if you put in any time designing this **** and only came up with 'CPU should just score when they want to'
  • Numlocked_
    1745 posts Play-Off Hero
    This game is in the worst state it has EVER been. wake up EA.
  • RayS
    27031 posts Player of the Year
    At least with the special guest featured squad u get the points regardless of winning. But ya, AI is annoying in SB
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1319 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stkyfngz wrote: »
    AI blatantly cheats from time to time, making you hit the post, ridiculous saves and scoring goals from stupid angles with players that can barely shoot.

People at EA should actually play their own game to find out how frustrating it is at times. I want an offline game that's challenging, instead you gave me a game where i just shake my head and wonder if you put in any time designing this **** and only came up with 'CPU should just score when they want to'

You shouldnt have to grind in SB just as hard or harder than you do in DR for half the rewards. Elite 1 is what, 30k a a couple decent packs that 99% of the time you’re gonna get fodder in.

Like fifa 18 i enjoyed SB. You could break down the AI when you got up because they would try to score and come back. Even when you get up on the AI they just hunker down further in the box and its like they get an extra boost and just get harder and harder to beat. Especially late in games
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    No offense to anyone here, but complaining that the AI is too hard on ultimate or legendary and want it nerfed just means you arent skilled enough to play on these modes comfortably... its like complaining that call of duty on veteran is too hard and you should be rewarded as much by playing on casual... 🙄
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    I can live with the gameplay SB - as dull and monotonous as it is - but the reason I mostly quit playing it is that the CPU never gets called for a foul. It just got too stupid watching bronze AI players on 20 chem squads making slide tackles all over the place without ever fouling.
  • Pnub
    JGCramp wrote: »
    I can live with the gameplay SB - as dull and monotonous as it is - but the reason I mostly quit playing it is that the CPU never gets called for a foul. It just got too stupid watching bronze AI players on 20 chem squads making slide tackles all over the place without ever fouling.

It's not just the no fouls its the lack of cards that kills me. Clear through on goal taken from behind and the AI doesn't even get at yellow card. That and i really wonder if the people understand that you can't just body check players and barge them off the ball. Just have the Ref give fouls and cards equally.
  • CFCHenri
    3451 posts National Call-Up
    No offense to anyone here, but complaining that the AI is too hard on ultimate or legendary and want it nerfed just means you arent skilled enough to play on these modes comfortably... its like complaining that call of duty on veteran is too hard and you should be rewarded as much by playing on casual... 🙄

They nerf your teams performance, decisions don't go your way, they shoot and score from impossible angles no matter who your GK is, they can play wrong positions with wingers playing CB/GK with the GKs playing ST with no hindrance to their gameplay, let alone the low chem bronzes at wrong positions.. the AI is poorly coded.You have no chance against their 99 reactions, unrealistic body movements to win every 50/50, interceptions. etc.

It's nothing to do with people not being skilled enough if the AI isn't balanced. The game has dynamic difficulty, it varies, you can win against an 83 PL team 100 chem on legendary then struggle and lose against the same team on Professional.

• TheDinhoKid10
    1319 posts Play-Off Hero

🗑
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1319 posts Play-Off Hero
    CFCHenri wrote: »

They nerf your teams performance, decisions don't go your way, they shoot and score from impossible angles no matter who your GK is, they can play wrong positions with wingers playing CB/GK with the GKs playing ST with no hindrance to their gameplay, let alone the low chem bronzes at wrong positions.. the AI is poorly coded.You have no chance against their 99 reactions, unrealistic body movements to win every 50/50, interceptions. etc.

It's nothing to do with people not being skilled enough if the AI isn't balanced. The game has dynamic difficulty, it varies, you can win against an 83 PL team 100 chem on legendary then struggle and lose against the same team on Professional.

Exactly this. ZERO balance in what the AI hands you. Chemistry doesnt matter nor does playing the correct position. Stats do not matter at all for the CPU.

Its honestly ridiculous to even put cards up with stats and chem in this game mode because they play above the stats. The chem has zero negative effects like its supposed to. Every video game i’ve played i’ve been able to effectively beat AI on the highest level and this mode cheats so had. No fouls. No mistakes. Ridiculous shots and it plays a certain style in this game that you simply cant play in this game. For that tika taka ping pog pass to whipping crosses where it looks like their bending bullets from the movie Wanted.

I’m all for hard gameplay. But keep my stats the same. Keep the same rules for chem and positioning in this game mode and aply them to the cpu. When i get fouled i get fouled. When the card is deserved give a card. ESPECIALLY when i get slid into from behind in the box with no pen or no card.
  • Pnub

Exactly this. ZERO balance in what the AI hands you. Chemistry doesnt matter nor does playing the correct position. Stats do not matter at all for the CPU.

Its honestly ridiculous to even put cards up with stats and chem in this game mode because they play above the stats. The chem has zero negative effects like its supposed to. Every video game i’ve played i’ve been able to effectively beat AI on the highest level and this mode cheats so had. No fouls. No mistakes. Ridiculous shots and it plays a certain style in this game that you simply cant play in this game. For that tika taka ping pog pass to whipping crosses where it looks like their bending bullets from the movie Wanted.

I’m all for hard gameplay. But keep my stats the same. Keep the same rules for chem and positioning in this game mode and aply them to the cpu. When i get fouled i get fouled. When the card is deserved give a card. ESPECIALLY when i get slid into from behind in the box with no pen or no card.

There needs to be limits on how far a players stats can be upgraded. Strikers with 29 stand tackle playing at CB shouldn't in any difficulty be a TOTY level defender.
    That's not even to mention when the CPU can block a full powered shot on goal without any deflection at all. Or a sliding intercept that ends up being the perfect no look long pass. And then i struggle to get a tackle that doesn't end up going straight back to the CPU
  • Dis_Play
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    And when you play against a bronze team in a difficulty above professional they play and run like icons and your high rated good players play like they have polio in their legs. 😂
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 19
    Why do we have a choice of difficult, when the game ajust itself?
    And the better your team is, the worst they play...
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1319 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pnub wrote: »

There needs to be limits on how far a players stats can be upgraded. Strikers with 29 stand tackle playing at CB shouldn't in any difficulty be a TOTY level defender.
    That's not even to mention when the CPU can block a full powered shot on goal without any deflection at all. Or a sliding intercept that ends up being the perfect no look long pass. And then i struggle to get a tackle that doesn't end up going straight back to the CPU

I hate the deflections and the blocks the computer gets. Falls right infront
  • Unemesis
    52 posts Park Captain
    edited February 19

It's not complaining because the AI is to hard to beat, I can beat most of the time the first three teams on legendary/world class 5-0 and I know I'm not skilled enough to beat the guest/fourth teams on legendary so I play them on professional and still the ai plays like legendary with the same annoying and monotonous tactics, drop back, 2 cdms, intercepting everything, full reactions.

I already tried it on semipro and it's the same, and lately the first team with bronzes/silvers/std golds ovr 72 chem 50 plays like Barcelona.

The AI has some advantages and matches don't feel fair, it's like we are not playing under the same conditions.

The point is that football is a dynamic game and it doesn't make sense to play a match where the ai decides the entire flow of the game and how you play it, and it's always the same, i.e.:

Last minutes of the match the ai always gets corner kicks, free kicks, penalty kicks or goals, you can't stop this from happening.

Trajectory of the ball after deflections and rebounds, always the ai wins the ball after these.

AI players are smarter, you see one player in possession of the ball and other player running around opening spaces, getting away from any opponent and looking for a better position to receive the ball, it's like the AI can control more than one player at the same time.

The ai passes the ball and the player receiving the ball is always so well positioned far from the pressure of any defender with enough space to play the ball, while your players are always under the ai pressure making imposible receive the ball and advance 1cm without losing it, ai plays with team press but stamina is not impacted.

I mean, our teams/players are not in equal conditions to the AI.
    Post edited by Unemesis on
  • Brownian_Motion
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Illini McG happy to take any advice. I can’t consistently beat the CPU beyond pro.
  • D0lvl
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don’t bother going for top 100. Playing World Class for all 4 games is enough for Elite 1 in the US. World Class parks the bus more than Legendary. I don’t bother with Ultimate due to the impossible scenarios that always favor AI.

This patch made SB much harder. In addition to trying your best to break down PTB god mode AI, once you do, you have a 50/50 chance of hitting post when you get a shot off.

I don’t do timed finesse more as TF leaves more time for the AI to do the impossible leg blocks. I get more success getting shots off with regular finesse shots.

Defensively, the best tip I can give is to always make it a priority to play the wings as to no let the AI fire off a cross. If they do manage to cross it, quickly control someone down there and contest for the ball early. Don’t time it. Contest it early and in my experience you’ll deflect it. Hopefully you’ll deflect it away and not back to AI again so they can fire off a missile from the top of the box.

Despite all the AI cheating, SB is just far far smoother than any online mode. I’d rather deal with smoother gameplay than play a human who is also using PTB and taking advantage of AI defending on top of sluggish, lag infested, button delay online mode.

• PiotrLolo
    1542 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 19
    I always wonder about one thing. When I have to defend a corner I never have a chance to make a counter. Ball always ends under AI's feet. All I can do is try making a header for a throw in. But when AI is defending a corner every header or GK intervention ends in a long ball going to this one guy who is standing in the middle of the pitch. And it's not my player. My players don't ever cover this one guy, they don't care.

BTW. My opponents from Monday: 87-rated team, 92, 82 (bronze benching), 89. Thank You EA, just thank you....
  • Flamstead
    2862 posts Fans' Favourite
    RayS wrote: »
    At least with the special guest featured squad u get the points regardless of winning. But ya, AI is annoying in SB

@RayS is that correct?!? Even if you lose you still the full amount of points or just partial amount?
  • Brownian_Motion
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 19
    @D0lvl interesting comment. My biggest issue beyond pro difficulty is that my scoring opportunities drop significantly. I get cornered by the AI and lose the ball if I build up my attack too fast. So, I try to be patient and end up with a handful of good shots. Once you discard the misses, the posts and the ones stopped by the keeper, there’s not much left.
This discussion has been closed.