OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31716 posts National Team Captain
    Zac Enron rumors for Green Lantern

    Michael b Jordan supposedly signed a big deal with WB, no word on what the project is.
  • xHerdie
    4003 posts National Call-Up
    Wondering where this thread went. Finished punisher the other day and thought the last few episodes were really good.

    Thought the girl with frank was a great addition. Wish the outcome between them was a bit different

    Stinks that all the Netflix shows got canceled cause can’t see Disney+ using all that blood like Netflix did
  • hoban95
    48581 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Just finished The Punisher. Really enjoyed that season. Was hooked from start to finish.
  • Low Ki
    11746 posts Has That Special Something
    Young Justice season 3 > Titans.

    Reminds me of how great DC used to be.
  • hoban95
    48581 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Still haven't proper started season 3 of Young Justice yet. Watched the first episode but that's it. I quite enjoyed the first two seasons.
  • P
    7507 posts League Winner
    Finished punisher as well. Thought it was outstanding. Still feel like they wasted jigsaw a bit but every actor did an amazing job and the story was really good. Berthal knocked it out the park.
  • P
    7507 posts League Winner
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Young Justice season 3 > Titans.

    Reminds me of how great DC used to be.

    TIL
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Had NO idea this got moved here smh
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31716 posts National Team Captain
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Had NO idea this got moved here smh

    Yeah I have it favorited so I don’t have to navigate through the toxins to get here
  • hoban95
    48581 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Anyone check out the second trailer for Shazam? Forgot to ask the other week. Actually looks alright.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31716 posts National Team Captain
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Anyone check out the second trailer for Shazam? Forgot to ask the other week. Actually looks alright.

    Yeah I’m very interested to check it out.
  • hoban95
    48581 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited February 4
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
  • Argie8
    5757 posts Big Money Move
    hoban95 wrote: »

    how are we so close to it already?! cant believe how quick the last year has gone. so hyped
  • xHerdie
    4003 posts National Call-Up
    Got hyped when I saw the commercial during the game

    Can’t believe we are so close to both Captain Marvel and End Game
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31716 posts National Team Captain
    Thoughts/opinions on all these Robert Patterson rumors as Batman
  • Low Ki
    11746 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 11


    These are the last characters I expected to be adapted to a series. Still waiting for that Moon Knight.....
    The shows will be based on the following Marvel characters: Howard the Duck, M.O.D.O.K, Hit-Monkey, and Tigra and Dazzler. Like the Marvel-Netflix “Defenders” shows before them, the four characters will then team up in the animated special “The Offenders.” Marvel’s head of TV, Jeph Loeb, will executive produce each project. Disney–which owns Marvel–will become a majority shareholder in Hulu once the Fox-Disney merger is completed.

    “Howard the Duck” will be written and executive produced by Kevin Smith and Dave Willis. Smith is known for his Askewniverse films, including “Clerks,” “Mallrats,” and “Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.” Smith has also written for Marvel Comics in the past, writing for popular characters like Daredevil and Spider-Man. Willis previously co-created popular animated shows like “Aqua Teen Hunger Force” and “Squidbillies” for Adult Swim in addition to his work as a voice actor.

    Smith is repped by WME. Willis is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

    In the series, Howard the Duck is trapped in a world he never made, but America’s favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu.

    “M.O.D.O.K.” will be written and executive produced by Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt. Blum’s previous credits include “Community” and “American Dad.” Oswalt is an Emmy-winning stand up comedian. He currently appears on the NBC series “A.P. Bio,” the Syfy series “Happy!,” Netflix’s “Mystery Science Theater 3000,” and serves as narrator on ABC’s “The Goldbergs.”

    Blum is repped by UTA and Circle of Confusion. Oswalt is repped by UTA and Generate.

    “M.O.D.O.K,” or Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing, centers around an egomaniacal supervillain with a really big head and a really little body, who struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family.

    “Hit-Monkey” will be written and executive produced by Josh Gordon and Will Speck, the team that previously co-directed films like “Blades of Glory” and “Office Christmas Party.” They are repped by CAA and Management 360.

    The show tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld.

    “Tigra & Dazzler” hails from writers and executive producers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler. Rivinoja worked on the story for the film “Girls Trip” and her previous writing credits include shows like “The Last Man on Earth,” “South Park,” and “Grounded for Life.” Handler is known for hosting her own talk shows on both E! and Netflix, “Chelsea Lately” and “Chelsea” respectively.
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »


    These are the last characters I expected to be adapted to a series. Still waiting for that Moon Knight.....
    The shows will be based on the following Marvel characters: Howard the Duck, M.O.D.O.K, Hit-Monkey, and Tigra and Dazzler. Like the Marvel-Netflix “Defenders” shows before them, the four characters will then team up in the animated special “The Offenders.” Marvel’s head of TV, Jeph Loeb, will executive produce each project. Disney–which owns Marvel–will become a majority shareholder in Hulu once the Fox-Disney merger is completed.

    “Howard the Duck” will be written and executive produced by Kevin Smith and Dave Willis. Smith is known for his Askewniverse films, including “Clerks,” “Mallrats,” and “Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.” Smith has also written for Marvel Comics in the past, writing for popular characters like Daredevil and Spider-Man. Willis previously co-created popular animated shows like “Aqua Teen Hunger Force” and “Squidbillies” for Adult Swim in addition to his work as a voice actor.

    Smith is repped by WME. Willis is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

    In the series, Howard the Duck is trapped in a world he never made, but America’s favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu.

    “M.O.D.O.K.” will be written and executive produced by Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt. Blum’s previous credits include “Community” and “American Dad.” Oswalt is an Emmy-winning stand up comedian. He currently appears on the NBC series “A.P. Bio,” the Syfy series “Happy!,” Netflix’s “Mystery Science Theater 3000,” and serves as narrator on ABC’s “The Goldbergs.”

    Blum is repped by UTA and Circle of Confusion. Oswalt is repped by UTA and Generate.

    “M.O.D.O.K,” or Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing, centers around an egomaniacal supervillain with a really big head and a really little body, who struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family.

    “Hit-Monkey” will be written and executive produced by Josh Gordon and Will Speck, the team that previously co-directed films like “Blades of Glory” and “Office Christmas Party.” They are repped by CAA and Management 360.

    The show tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld.

    “Tigra & Dazzler” hails from writers and executive producers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler. Rivinoja worked on the story for the film “Girls Trip” and her previous writing credits include shows like “The Last Man on Earth,” “South Park,” and “Grounded for Life.” Handler is known for hosting her own talk shows on both E! and Netflix, “Chelsea Lately” and “Chelsea” respectively.

    Idk how I feel about this..
  • Low Ki
    11746 posts Has That Special Something
    Umbrella Academy :o

    It's been a LONG time since I read Apocalypse Suite, but I feel they nailed the tone in the first ep. Also love the soundtrack.
  • EA_Cian
    1131 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Umbrella Academy :o

    It's been a LONG time since I read Apocalypse Suite, but I feel they nailed the tone in the first ep. Also love the soundtrack.

    Do they, at any point, use a My Chemical Romance or Gerard Way track? I've been curious if they'd do that, given the connection.
  • Low Ki
    11746 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 17
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Umbrella Academy :o

    It's been a LONG time since I read Apocalypse Suite, but I feel they nailed the tone in the first ep. Also love the soundtrack.

    Do they, at any point, use a My Chemical Romance or Gerard Way track? I've been curious if they'd do that, given the connection.

    No, he did do some covers of other songs though.

    I'm not really a fan of his music, but hes legitimately a great comics writer.
  • Apollo
    14421 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 17
    Didn't know this thread existed tbh.
    Best not to take any chances. If Tony Stark survives endgame, which hopefully he does, reckon there is any chance of another Iron Man movie somewhere down the line? Or do you think they've done all they can with his story and want to move onto new heroes?
  • Apollo
    14421 posts Has That Special Something
    Is anyone almost considering seeing Captain Marvel as a bit of a means to an end, rather than a good film in its own right? Like, I'm sure it'll be a good film, but I'm more interested in knowing how she ties into endgame than the actual Captain Marvel film itself, if that makes sense. I suppose that is just the effect of the scheduling, any film that has to come right before endgame wouldn't generate the same level of interest.
  • Low Ki
    11746 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 18
    Apollo wrote: »
    Is anyone almost considering seeing Captain Marvel as a bit of a means to an end, rather than a good film in its own right? Like, I'm sure it'll be a good film, but I'm more interested in knowing how she ties into endgame than the actual Captain Marvel film itself, if that makes sense. I suppose that is just the effect of the scheduling, any film that has to come right before endgame wouldn't generate the same level of interest.
    I've come to terms that it's just a setup to add her to Endgame. It does look fun, but I have low expectations.

    According to Deadline, Marvel's also apparently trying to push out a Shang-Chi movie to do with the Asian market what they did with Black Panther. With the right action choreographer this could be amazing, think Keanu Reeves Man of Tai Chi was the only time I ever saw it pulled off well in American movies.

    Personally can't wait for the outrage over him being the son of Fu Manchu.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31716 posts National Team Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Is anyone almost considering seeing Captain Marvel as a bit of a means to an end, rather than a good film in its own right? Like, I'm sure it'll be a good film, but I'm more interested in knowing how she ties into endgame than the actual Captain Marvel film itself, if that makes sense. I suppose that is just the effect of the scheduling, any film that has to come right before endgame wouldn't generate the same level of interest.
    I've come to terms that it's just a setup to add her to Endgame. It does look fun, but I have low expectations.

    According to Deadline, Marvel's also apparently trying to push out a Shang-Chi movie to do with the Asian market what they did with Black Panther. With the right action choreographer this could be amazing, think Keanu Reeves Man of Tai Chi was the only time I ever saw it pulled off well in American movies.

    Personally can't wait for the outrage over him being the son of Fu Manchu.

    People are already upset with the first Asian super hero movie being the Son of Fu Manchu alone.
  • EddieFicio
    21453 posts Club Captain
    The punisher and Jessica Jones cancelled.
  • Apollo
    14421 posts Has That Special Something
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    The punisher and Jessica Jones cancelled.

    FFS. Can't say I've seen Jessica Jones but the Punisher is a brilliant series, never should have been cancelled :disappointed:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31716 posts National Team Captain
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    The punisher and Jessica Jones cancelled.

    Yep. It was always inevitable.

    I read somewhere that The Defenders was the beginning of the downfall for all the marvel shows...

    Just hope there's some surprise plan for all of them... or at least Daredevil, Punisher, Jesssica Jones... really not bothered with Luke Cage or Iron Fist.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31716 posts National Team Captain
    On a positive note, I"m excited about the new season of Jessica Jones.

    And to start Doom Patrol this week.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31716 posts National Team Captain
    The letter from Marvel TV president is intriguing
Sign In or Register to comment.