FIFA 19 Starhead Thread

Comments

• Kaiduss
    769 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 17
    nyx88 wrote: »
    Kaiduss wrote: »
    I know the Bundesliga Scan is coming in Fifa 20 but i'm already kind of disappointed as many generic players can be expected if there are no rescans in the next months. Yes rescans even though the first scans aren't implented yet but they took place over a year ago so rescans are already needed.

I still don't know why EA doesn't utilise existing data from the DFL (Deutsche Fussball Liga). The DFL does Facescans now for a couple of years by themselves (well not themselves but via a specialiced 3d scan company) and offering them as a part of their broadcasting package to licencing partners like SKY.
    Why can't EA use these existing data and instead travels on their own through the country? Think about this: The DFL has 3d Data of E V E R Y single Bundesliga player. Updated every year.
    Really sad to see a Gnabry with his old Arsenal scan, a Tolisso with his old Lyon scan, Martinez and Hummels with terrible customs or Alaba with a 3 year old haircut that was already outdated when introduced to the game... i could go on like this for hours and only talk about Bundesliga faces that are terribly represented by EA even though the DFL has already all they need and we want.

@EA_GZaro @EA_Andy

Damn, I love looking at 3D models like that. Do you have any other pictures? These look pretty much the same as the highest quality FIFA scans btw. Would fit right into the game.

No but if i can find any or when i see them the next time i'll let you know.

Dzorh5XWsAE7Wnn.jpg

That person on Twitter provided me with Schalke pics too. Imagine if those were in FIFA...

EDIT: I've been looking for more 3d models on Bundesliga and SkySports pages but found nothing.
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    I know the Bundesliga Scan is coming in Fifa 20 but i'm already kind of disappointed as many generic players can be expected if there are no rescans in the next months. Yes rescans even though the first scans aren't implented yet but they took place over a year ago so rescans are already needed.

I still don't know why EA doesn't utilise existing data from the DFL (Deutsche Fussball Liga). The DFL does Facescans now for a couple of years by themselves (well not themselves but via a specialiced 3d scan company) and offering them as a part of their broadcasting package to licencing partners like SKY.
    Why can't EA use these existing data and instead travels on their own through the country? Think about this: The DFL has 3d Data of E V E R Y single Bundesliga player. Updated every year.
    Really sad to see a Gnabry with his old Arsenal scan, a Tolisso with his old Lyon scan, Martinez and Hummels with terrible customs or Alaba with a 3 year old haircut that was already outdated when introduced to the game... i could go on like this for hours and only talk about Bundesliga faces that are terribly represented by EA even though the DFL has already all they need and we want.

@EA_GZaro @EA_Andy

Damn, I love looking at 3D models like that. Do you have any other pictures? These look pretty much the same as the highest quality FIFA scans btw. Would fit right into the game.

Dzorh5XWsAE7Wnn.jpg

That person on Twitter provided me with Schalke pics too. Imagine if those were in FIFA...

EDIT: I've been looking for more 3d models on Bundesliga and SkySports pages but found nothing.

That person was me 😄
    But really... why can't EA get access to those scans? @EA_Andy you can't talk right?
  • Disgruntledas
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect

@EA_GZaro @EA_Andy

Dzorh5XWsAE7Wnn.jpg

That person was me 😄
    But really... why can't EA get access to those scans? @EA_Andy you can't talk right?

Eas response everytime
    “wE LiKe OuR ScAnS tO Be In HoUsE, iTs BeTtEr”
  • TeamExtreme17
    2513 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is Solskjaer not an Icon?

P.S. Does anyone else feel mugged off that Icons are FUT only!?
  • Is Solskjaer not an Icon?

Yes .. Asked about it at Twitter a few times. No reply. I don't know why they removed the World XI. With that amount of Legends it would be fun. Or using them for a Fantasy Career. Now the customs are FUT exclusive ...
  • Quiffed
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    We all know fifa will update agueros face... It’ll just be for fifa 57 when he’s in the classic legends team.
    Or maybe if he signs for Houston Dynamo now...
  • Peanut2000
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Patsche wrote: »

Yes .. Asked about it at Twitter a few times. No reply. I don't know why they removed the World XI. With that amount of Legends it would be fun. Or using them for a Fantasy Career. Now the customs are FUT exclusive ...

Well of course it’s exclusive they pay money.
  • tommy_p_5
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Patsche wrote: »

I always thought they should have had a legends team for each decade - 50's (Finney, di Stefano, Matthews), 60's (Puskas, Moore, Pele), 70's (Keegan, Beckenbauer, Cruyff), 80's (Maradona, Platini, van Basten), 90's (Figo, Maldini, Ronaldo), 00's (Beckham, Henry, Puyol), 10's (Lahm, Kaka, Gerrard), Current World XI (Messi, Ronaldo, Neuer) etc.

I think that would be pretty cool; having said that, I would rather they put all their effort into creating faces of current players (I'd rather they put all their effort into a new career mode, but that's not going to happen).
  • ElDiabl0
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    ElDiabl0 wrote: »
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Are you all having a laugh? There is no way the updated Sancho face is a scan. It’s generic and a bad one at that. Explains why there aren’t any more “scans” too.

You must be blind..

Are you serious?? It looks nothing like him! I could probably make the exact same face in Create A Player.

Feel free to show us.. I am using his new scan in my Man Utd career, its quality (just a couple of years old as its from his Man City days).

Okay I zoomed in and realised the texture is better than a generic, but it’s definitely not a scan. Has to be a custom because it looks nothing like him at any point in his career. I’m a city fan and I watched him for the youth team as much as I could, it looks nothing like him.
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    Are you all having a laugh? There is no way the updated Sancho face is a scan. It’s generic and a bad one at that. Explains why there aren’t any more “scans” too.

You must be blind..

Are you serious?? It looks nothing like him! I could probably make the exact same face in Create A Player.

Feel free to show us.. I am using his new scan in my Man Utd career, its quality (just a couple of years old as its from his Man City days).

Okay I zoomed in and realised the texture is better than a generic, but it’s definitely not a scan. Has to be a custom because it looks nothing like him at any point in his career. I’m a city fan and I watched him for the youth team as much as I could, it looks nothing like him.

This looks nothing like him? ... well you have high standards then.

• ChrisW1991
    1095 posts Professional

You must be blind..

You can't be serious surely 😂
  • ElDiabl0
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park

You must be blind..

Think it’s similar to the custom of Salah in the previous Fifa. I personally think it looks horrendous.
  • Jeyj38
    1277 posts Professional

You must be blind..

Think it’s similar to the custom of Salah in the previous Fifa. I personally think it looks horrendous.

How can you seriously compare this to the WC Salah update lmao? Salah was a potato with an afro wig.
    Ive barely seen Sancho "irl" but the quality of the face is great anyway. Its nothing like Nainggolan, Mertens, Meunier or Rabiot lmao.
  • Joe28
    14 posts Ball Boy
    It's now February and I have yet to start a career mode for my team, West Ham. I for one love that the MLS is getting scanned, but it should NOT come before the Premier League, Serie A and other top European Leagues.

West Ham might be a little bit ****, but they had the 7th highest attendance in Europe last year and are a big club in the context of world football. Despite this, our squad looks like this:

Zabaleta = still has hair
    Balbuena = generic
    Diop = generic
    Noble = scan must be 5 years old
    Yarmolenko = generic
    Anderson = generic
    Arnautovic = YEARS old scan
    Nasri = generic
    Lanzini = outdated scan
    Fredericks = generic
    Hernandez = YEARS old scan

To make matters worse, EVERY one of our summer signings last year joined before we were scanned, this is clear from the own club's social media posting videos of it happening. And some players have been around long enough to have a starhead by this point anyway.

I know it's 'just West Ham' and not De Gea or Lukaku or Aguero, but for a fan of an established Premier League club to not be able to start a career mode even in FEBRUARY is an absolute joke.

I love FIFA, I've bought it every year since '98, but it's getting ridiculous now.
  • Joe28 wrote: »
    It's now February and I have yet to start a career mode for my team, West Ham. I for one love that the MLS is getting scanned, but it should NOT come before the Premier League, Serie A and other top European Leagues.

West Ham might be a little bit ****, but they had the 7th highest attendance in Europe last year and are a big club in the context of world football. Despite this, our squad looks like this:

Balbuena = generic
    Diop = generic
    Yarmolenko = generic
    Anderson = generic
    Nasri = generic
    Lanzini = outdated scan
    Fredericks = generic

To make matters worse, EVERY one of our summer signings last year joined before we were scanned, this is clear from the own club's social media posting videos of it happening. And some players have been around long enough to have a starhead by this point anyway.

I know it's 'just West Ham' and not De Gea or Lukaku or Aguero, but for a fan of an established Premier League club to not be able to start a career mode even in FEBRUARY is an absolute joke.

I love FIFA, I've bought it every year since '98, but it's getting ridiculous now.

do you wanna know what is worse? many of that players were scanned for fifa 19........ and they look horrible. proof: https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/september/28-september/fifa-19-west-ham-stars-get-their-headshots

Zabaleta was scanned without hair and in the game the hair is there.
  • Pedders8
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I agree Sancho's scan is BS and already out dated so what's the point. Absolute shambles of a company.
  • Pedders8
    I still can't believe that if you select the goalkeeper by mistake the camera stays incorrectly positioned. It's done that since FIFA 17. Is this an error? People often press the middle button by mistake after conceding a goal but reverting back shouldn't throw off the camera like it does!
  • Alaily
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'd show the DLC faces in Fifa, but........

Torres is about to retire in 2 years max yet he doesn't have any tattoos according to EA concept to do things in the house well done lads!
  • nao619
    17 posts Ball Boy
    On the subject of starheads and scans, does anyone else think it’d be a good idea to have some referee and official scans? Even if they just scanned some random real people and used them as officials in the game, it would just look so much more realistic.

I know it will never happen because even getting scans for the biggest clubs in the world seems difficult, but it’s a big gripe of mine when you have a team full of scanned players and yet when they get booked it’s the generic referee with the silver hair! 😁
  • ChrisW1991
    1095 posts Professional
    nao619 wrote: »
    On the subject of starheads and scans, does anyone else think it’d be a good idea to have some referee and official scans? Even if they just scanned some random real people and used them as officials in the game, it would just look so much more realistic.

I know it will never happen because even getting scans for the biggest clubs in the world seems difficult, but it’s a big gripe of mine when you have a team full of scanned players and yet when they get booked it’s the generic referee with the silver hair! 😁

No.. Cant stand the officials in the English game as it is lol they're terrible, cba seeing them on Fifa aswell haha
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    edited February 19
    I have found something interesting... that might change everything in a few years. We might see a visual revolution in a couple of years if EA is ready to spend some of these hard earned FUT Bucks.

The only future can be that EA receives almost finished 3d scans that only need a small amount of tweaking before being ready to be implemented in the game. Only this could increase numbers of authentic faces in a huge scale.

I've already spoken about the DFL (German Football League) recently and the 3d avatars of Bundesliga that are supplied to SKY (and probably other foreign broadcasters??) wich is a good step but the way of getting these 3d data could be way easier in the future.

Well, the DFL invested in a company (holding 10% of their shares) that is developing a method to capture and track everything on the pitch in 3d with only the video material of the game. No GPS, no multiple stationary cameras... only the TV Signal is needed and with the help of A.I. Data for Game Analysis can be extracted AND the system is able to be used for a whole lot of different purposes (and now its getting interesting) such as creating highly realistic 3d avatars of the players for videogames.

The company is called Track160 and is based in Israel.

Here's an Article about the DFL and their new investment in the Startup, only in german though:
  • Joe28
    14 posts Ball Boy
    Joe28 wrote: »

Balbuena = generic
    Diop = generic
    Yarmolenko = generic
    Anderson = generic
    Nasri = generic
    Lanzini = outdated scan
    Fredericks = generic

do you wanna know what is worse? many of that players were scanned for fifa 19........ and they look horrible. proof: https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/september/28-september/fifa-19-west-ham-stars-get-their-headshots

In fact, that video is misleading. It shows the players being scanned, but the scans were never actually implemented in the game. The players shown in the video still have their same faces from years ago.

This just goes to show that they scan Premier League teams, but don't ever bother putting them in the game.

Whoever was in charge of making that video clearly hasn't played FIFA as they would have realised the in-game footage they were given didn't include the scans. The video is obsolete really, and they just unknowingly proved that EA scan without actually doing anything with the scans.
  • Alaily
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Balbuena = generic
    Diop = generic
    Yarmolenko = generic
    Anderson = generic
    Nasri = generic
    Lanzini = outdated scan
    Fredericks = generic

In fact, that video is misleading. It shows the players being scanned, but the scans were never actually implemented in the game. The players shown in the video still have their same faces from years ago.

This just goes to show that they scan Premier League teams, but don't ever bother putting them in the game.

Whoever was in charge of making that video clearly hasn't played FIFA as they would have realised the in-game footage they were given didn't include the scans. The video is obsolete really, and they just unknowingly proved that EA scan without actually doing anything with the scans.

I am 100% sure that there is a lack of communication between the dev. team and the community managers,the ones from Ea trying and playing the game. It doesn't make any sense all these scans aren't implemented in the game every year.
  • Howler19
    610 posts An Exciting Prospect

Balbuena = generic
    Diop = generic
    Yarmolenko = generic
    Anderson = generic
    Nasri = generic
    Lanzini = outdated scan
    Fredericks = generic

It could also be an experienced FIFA player who is mocking EA. At least that's how I took it given how obvious the discrepancy is.
  • KentEagle
    72 posts Park Captain
    I like so many others on here, are yet to properly start a career mode on FIFA 19 due to the face scan issues and bugs.

I'm sure there's a list similar to the below, but I looked into the scans on Sofifa for players that have featured or have high potential in game.

Every team in the Premier League has 1 or 2 key players minimum missing, that ruins the authenticity of the gameplay. I've made a list of players without a starhead (excluding the obvious that need updating) that would significantly make the mode better by just the few extra faces that have played this season or will be a 'futute star' :

Arsenal : Leno, Torreira, Guendouzi, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Nketiah, Mavropanos

Bournemouth : Brooks, Mepham

Brighton : Bissouma, Button, Burn

Burnley : McNeil, Vydra

Cardiff : Peltier, Damour, Connolly, O'Keefe

Chelsea : Jorginho, Hudson-Odoi

Crystal Palace : Meyer, Kirby, Woods

Everton : Bernard, Hornby

Fulham : Zambo Anguissa, Fonte, de la Torre

Huddersfield : Bacuna, Diakhaby, Durm

Leicester : Maddison, Barnes, Soyuncu, Benkovic

Liverpool : Fabinho, Wilson, Kent, Jones, Camacho, Hoever

Man City : Sandler, Nmecha, Douglas Luiz, Roberts

Man Utd : Dalot, Fred, Greenwood

Newcastle : Longstaff

Southampton : Obafemi, Elyounnoussi, Armstrong

Tottenham : Skipp, Sterling

Watford : Sema, Masina, Penaranda, Dahlberg

West Ham : Diop, Anderson, Nasri, Yarmolenko, Balbuena, Fredericks

Wolves : Dendoncker, Adama, Vinagre, Enobakhare

The Arsenal and West Ham scan list really shows how bad the input from EA has been on scans this year. The addition of the above should have been in this game without a doubt and just ruins the game. There are so many scans missing from other leagues as well !

What is more annoying is that they probably have these scans on file.

Let's not get started on Aguero, Walcott, Lukaku etc either ...
  • Pedders8
    edited February 19
    Is the PES data pack above real??? With the tattoos?

If so I'm buying it!
  • Jeyj38
    1277 posts Professional
    KentEagle wrote: »
    I like so many others on here, are yet to properly start a career mode on FIFA 19 due to the face scan issues and bugs.

I'm sure there's a list similar to the below, but I looked into the scans on Sofifa for players that have featured or have high potential in game.

Every team in the Premier League has 1 or 2 key players minimum missing, that ruins the authenticity of the gameplay. I've made a list of players without a starhead (excluding the obvious that need updating) that would significantly make the mode better by just the few extra faces that have played this season or will be a 'futute star' :

Arsenal : Leno, Torreira, Guendouzi, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Nketiah, Mavropanos

Bournemouth : Brooks, Mepham

Brighton : Bissouma, Button, Burn

Burnley : McNeil, Vydra

Cardiff : Peltier, Damour, Connolly, O'Keefe

Chelsea : Jorginho, Hudson-Odoi

Crystal Palace : Meyer, Kirby, Woods

Everton : Bernard, Hornby

Fulham : Zambo Anguissa, Fonte, de la Torre

Huddersfield : Bacuna, Diakhaby, Durm

Leicester : Maddison, Barnes, Soyuncu, Benkovic

Liverpool : Fabinho, Wilson, Kent, Jones, Camacho, Hoever

Man City : Sandler, Nmecha, Douglas Luiz, Roberts

Man Utd : Dalot, Fred, Greenwood

Newcastle : Longstaff

Southampton : Obafemi, Elyounnoussi, Armstrong

Tottenham : Skipp, Sterling

Watford : Sema, Masina, Penaranda, Dahlberg

West Ham : Diop, Anderson, Nasri, Yarmolenko, Balbuena, Fredericks

Wolves : Dendoncker, Adama, Vinagre, Enobakhare

The Arsenal and West Ham scan list really shows how bad the input from EA has been on scans this year. The addition of the above should have been in this game without a doubt and just ruins the game. There are so many scans missing from other leagues as well !

What is more annoying is that they probably have these scans on file.

Let's not get started on Aguero, Walcott, Lukaku etc either ...

And thats missing faces only. Even more are outdated and poor quality "scans".
  • nao619
    17 posts Ball Boy
    nao619 wrote: »

No.. Cant stand the officials in the English game as it is lol they're terrible, cba seeing them on Fifa aswell haha

True. But even just random real looking people as referees would look better than they do now?
  • daviec
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pedders8 wrote: »
    Is the PES data pack above real??? With the tattoos?

If so I'm buying it!

Yes, Konami are awesome for player likenesses
  • JodyJags
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’m starting to think we won’t be getting entire team or league scans until the next generation of consoles. And that’s even a long shot for EA.