5221 Wide Targetman Guide - sponsored by - Get it in the Mixer Cement Co.Ltd

Comments

• nicklasolling
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect
    czcash wrote: »
    Believe I have found the best possible squad for this tactic:
    5K6VYm.jpg

All on full chem ex. Ibra whos at 8.
    Any ideas for what to do next, or how to get this even better for the 5221 letskickallthemetaplayersaasses-tactics?

I can see a lot of flaws with that I'm afraid. First of all, why play kolarov at rwb when he is left footed and only 3* wf? Same question with mbappe, who btw only have 77 crossing. Raul also only has 70 crossing. That leaves you with a single good crosser, a wrong footed attacking lwb with low crossing, a lcm with low crossing who cant defend and a wrong footed defensive rwb.

That does not make sense to me. Maybe move kolarov to lcb, meunier to rwb, and use nedved as lwb with his 5* wf, and mbappe at lw and focus on inverted crosses from him. Then get rid of Raul (assuming he is not untradeable) and play someone like Stoichkov at lcm. Or maybe better get 88 desailly or 90 Rijkaard and play him at cb and push kolarov to lcm.

But if i were you, i would mirror it exactly and then play someone else instead of Raul at rcm.
  • FarPostGhost
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    5K6VYm.jpg

Any ideas for what to do next, or how to get this even better for the 5221 letskickallthemetaplayersaasses-tactics?

Nice team, TOTY Marcelo for mbappe? Not sure how you’d get him in though!
  • FarPostGhost
    5K6VYm.jpg

I can see a lot of flaws with that I'm afraid. First of all, why play kolarov at rwb when he is left footed and only 3* wf? Same question with mbappe, who btw only have 77 crossing. Raul also only has 70 crossing. That leaves you with a single good crosser, a wrong footed attacking lwb with low crossing, a lcm with low crossing who cant defend and a wrong footed defensive rwb.

That does not make sense to me. Maybe move kolarov to lcb, meunier to rwb, and use nedved as lwb with his 5* wf, and mbappe at lw and focus on inverted crosses from him. Then get rid of Raul (assuming he is not untradeable) and play someone like Stoichkov at lcm. Or maybe better get 88 desailly or 90 Rijkaard and play him at cb and push kolarov to lcm.

But if i were you, i would mirror it exactly and then play someone else instead of Raul at rcm.

Some valid points dude, i’m thinking of building a team with inverted WBs though, tend to cross off their weak foot a lot so might be interesting. 4* weak foot a minimum though.

Got some ideas how to move the tactic along a bit, hopefully gonna try them out tonight. If they’re any good i’ll post them and update the guide.
  • dabeags
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 6
    So I have played 5 or 6 more games with this tactic and having a little less success. I destroy people that are playing a narrow formation but if they are playing wide I find it much harder to get crosses in. A lot of that is just on me and needing to slow down build up and play a little more down the middle until the chance comes to hit a winger on a run.

Main issue is I am getting destroyed on defense. I have Kante and Pogba as my CMs, but with the backline dropping deep into the box, my opponent has tons of room right outside the box to operate and take good shots or make good passes. Have people been using Pogba successfully? Obviously I like him on offense for this, but I worry his H/L work rates have him being lazy on defense and it is hurting me.

I have futmas Matuidi I could use, or I could pick up an icon CM. I got about 2.5 Million in the bank to upgrade, so wonder if I should go TOTY Marcelo, Icon CM, or 90 Henry over Overmars.

Current Squad -

Target.jpg
  • czcash
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    5K6VYm.jpg

Nonono.
    First, mbappe.
    I almost always cut back before crossing with him, making it a strong foot cross. Crossing stat is fixed with chem style :)

Raul:
    I thought his defending would be a problem but it's not. He does a very important job in defence while being great in attack. I was also put off by his crossing stat, but it isnt an issue. He also scores a lot.

Kolarov:
    In for chem. I basically use my defensive 4 (mbappe not included) as 4 cbs, and he is great for that. I never cross from right side, and kolarov stays back at all times anyways. Also, no problem with weak foot as i use his left for long passing. Good passing stats.

Ive tried mirroring, but doesnt feel right haha.
  • nicklasolling
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect
    5K6VYm.jpg

Some valid points dude, i’m thinking of building a team with inverted WBs though, tend to cross off their weak foot a lot so might be interesting. 4* weak foot a minimum though.

Got some ideas how to move the tactic along a bit, hopefully gonna try them out tonight. If they’re any good i’ll post them and update the guide.

Great! Let me know how it works out. I tend to cross mainly with left foot from the left back and rigth foot with the left winger. Not often i get into space with my winger, but fake shot and then inverted cross with the wingers seems to do the trick. However, looking to force this into a 4atb formation to see the difference.
  • czcash
    That Hamsik SBC card can be interesting for this formation. Please, if any1 does him, let us know how he plays and how he works out in this formation
  • FarPostGhost
    That Hamsik SBC card can be interesting for this formation. Please, if any1 does him, let us know how he plays and how he works out in this formation

Don’t see it myself
  • czcash

Don’t see it myself

med/high doesnt really matter. He plays how the CTs tell him to.
    5* weak foot
    theres talk about him getting 5* skills upgrade as well
    good passing
    decent dribbling
    good shooting
    good defending
    great stamina

He could do the LCM job pretty well
  • nextqprmanager
    3324 posts National Call-Up

Don’t see it myself

med/high doesnt really matter. He plays how the CTs tell him to.
    5* weak foot
    theres talk about him getting 5* skills upgrade as well
    good passing
    decent dribbling
    good shooting
    good defending
    great stamina

He could do the LCM job pretty well

he could be good but not worth 342k surely
  • FarPostGhost
    My only issue with this playstyle is the lack of involvement of the ST. Been experimenting with ST set to false 9 and triggering “striker drop back” on d-pad. Essentially gives you a 3 in the midfield, quite effective!

I’m planning to either put TOTY VVD there or 88 Vieira. VVD seems crazy but look at his stats!
  • FarPostGhost
    Can confirm TOTY VVD at ST is ridiculous 😂
  • PegLeg
    416 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any suggestions on improvements to this for 5221? I've got 86 Cancelo and 84 Belotti who I swap with Florenzi and Cutrone as I can't make my mind up which I prefer. Not sure how worthwhile it would be upgrading Koulibaly and Sandro to their higher rated versions.

Screenshot-20190210-100616.jpg
  • dabeags
    So just played a bit of WL with this tactic. Only had time to play 17 games but won 11 which probably puts me on pace for a slightly better finish than I’ve done before (16 wins).

Overall, it was pretty enjoyable to do something different and I am definitely getting better. My main issue is I gave up a TON of goals due to my opponent getting a clean break after stealing the ball from a ridiculously bad touch on a lofted pass from fullback to fullback, or the game deciding my pass needed to go to a CB instead of the WB. Need to clean that up but sometimes it just cant be helped it’d appear. I run HL Lala and TOTY Marcelo so those guys should be able to handle the passes.

Other than that I really only struggled on offense when facing a 3 ATB formation or the odd tall/high jumping FB.

Came up against Jordi Alba three times and legit started to feel bad about it. I think Ibra had 12 goals in those three games alone, one game scoring 6 headers.

• JordVorenholt
    434 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can confirm TOTY VVD at ST is ridiculous 😂

he actually played striker irl for FC Groningen :)
  • FarPostGhost
    dabeags wrote: »
    So just played a bit of WL with this tactic. Only had time to play 17 games but won 11 which probably puts me on pace for a slightly better finish than I’ve done before (16 wins).

Overall, it was pretty enjoyable to do something different and I am definitely getting better. My main issue is I gave up a TON of goals due to my opponent getting a clean break after stealing the ball from a ridiculously bad touch on a lofted pass from fullback to fullback, or the game deciding my pass needed to go to a CB instead of the WB. Need to clean that up but sometimes it just cant be helped it’d appear. I run HL Lala and TOTY Marcelo so those guys should be able to handle the passes.

Other than that I really only struggled on offense when facing a 3 ATB formation or the odd tall/high jumping FB.

Came up against Jordi Alba three times and legit started to feel bad about it. I think Ibra had 12 goals in those three games alone, one game scoring 6 headers.

Welcome to the 5221 club.

The long passes are all about judging the space, if the opposition are too close go to the wide CB instead then pass up the line. It’s a little slower but much safer.
  • Mr_P
    48 posts Park Captain
    So I've been using this tactic for a while and it's really fun, I'm an average player and get fed up with being forced to play like everyone else to be competitive.

Only thing that gets me is all the abuse from people who don't like my Huntelaar scoring headers past the pay to win teams....

Anyway, great work coming up with this playstyle and being different.
  • dabeags
    Mr_P wrote: »
    So I've been using this tactic for a while and it's really fun, I'm an average player and get fed up with being forced to play like everyone else to be competitive.

Only thing that gets me is all the abuse from people who don't like my Huntelaar scoring headers past the pay to win teams....

Anyway, great work coming up with this playstyle and being different.

Yeah, I definitley get like 10 times the hate messages playing this tactic.

My opponents almost always have far more shots as well as they normally take the long shot chance that is open on a counter before the CMs can recover their positions, so I’m sure that irks people.
  • SJR440
    4345 posts National Call-Up
    This still working for everyone?
  • dabeags
    SJR440 wrote: »
    This still working for everyone?

Not going as well as last WL but maybe it will even out.

Feels like with crossing becoming a more prominent playstyle since TF nerf, players are now better at defending the cross. Additionally, my Zlatan is going through a broken stretch. Seems to hit the bar or send it over more often then he scores. Used to be he scored 90% of the time if he got his head on a cross in a good spot.

• Hello. Nice tactic reallt fits my playstyle. I only have one problem...the cross always stay short for my target man. I tried simple cross, tryied L1 cross and they came short...the FB alwyas cuts the vall sliding or heading...
    Or my target is too far or my crosses are very bad
  • czcash
    M1ndsss wrote: »
    Hello. Nice tactic reallt fits my playstyle. I only have one problem...the cross always stay short for my target man. I tried simple cross, tryied L1 cross and they came short...the FB alwyas cuts the vall sliding or heading...

I guess you cross til early. Keep the ball until the target man is in position, then you cross.
    Full bar!
  • czcash wrote: »
    Hello. Nice tactic reallt fits my playstyle. I only have one problem...the cross always stay short for my target man. I tried simple cross, tryied L1 cross and they came short...the FB alwyas cuts the vall sliding or heading...

I guess you cross til early. Keep the ball until the target man is in position, then you cross.
    Full bar!

Thanks for the info. I though i had to croos when he was arriving...so he could come from behind and head. Tryied to wait for him to stay fit on the area and works better.
  • czcash

Full bar!

Thanks for the info. I though i had to croos when he was arriving...so he could come from behind and head. Tryied to wait for him to stay fit on the area and works better.

That should work too.
    I feel it works better when i hold up the ball for him to be in the box.
    Its also great to try to get as close to him as possible, even inside the box, before crossing.

Best tip is to wait for a good opportunity and not cross when the winger is stressed and pressured. Wait until you have a clear opening to cross into, and youre not holding the sprint button etc.
  • czcash wrote: »

Full bar!

That should work too.
    I feel it works better when i hold up the ball for him to be in the box.
    Its also great to try to get as close to him as possible, even inside the box, before crossing.

Best tip is to wait for a good opportunity and not cross when the winger is stressed and pressured. Wait until you have a clear opening to cross into, and youre not holding the sprint button etc.

Thanks for the tips. Really work when u enter the area. When crossing do you direct the cross, or the direction doesnt matter? Just full ppwer?
    Thanks again
  • I had a game just now. Lost 2.1, but had 5 clear head chances with the target man. 1 sent out...other 4 direct to the keeper. Unbelievable missssss omg
  • Susie_Lund
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I miss so many sitters that i want to cry. Post, or over the bar, or keeper with amazing save. Have almost 2-3 post headers every game. Any solution for this? Have @FarPostGhost made any new changes to tactics after 1 feb update?
  • Susie_Lund
    Anyone else only hitting the post pre patch?
  • Littleland95
    16922 posts Moderator
    Susie_Lund wrote: »

Yes. A lot. :joy:
  • Susie_Lund
    edited February 20
    Susie_Lund wrote: »

Yes. A lot. :joy:

:( I try with downwards headers, but the goalie also saves them a lot. If i cross 8 out of 10 headers hit the post. So this style is not effective anymore then... sad, was so fun when it worked