Does anyone actually enjoy the game?

Boomba
833 posts Semi-Pro
Lately, the game just feels meh. I've been playing less and less as the weeks go by. Same gameplay, same teams, scoring doesn't even feel rewarding and the rewards don't even feel like rewards. Every game for me is like "oh okay, I scored, cool... oh I won. Can't wait for next weeks rewards, I know I won't get anything!"

Is it just me or does this game feel bland and boring? Or are the years of FIFA just catching up to me?

Comments

• James Libby
    4989 posts Big Money Move
    Can confirm: it's just you.
  • AlbinoXI
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    Worst gameplay I’ve endured this year this week I think
  • Mido
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 15
    The game can feel like such a grind at times. I have lasted longer this year than last though. I think it helps not playing WL. I have enjoyed the silver games tonight though. The reward isn’t anything crazy so the majority of the games have been okay.
  • SP300x
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This gameplay is horrid.
  • Keano
    11722 posts Has That Special Something
    SP300x wrote: »
    This gameplay is horrid.

• Boomba
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 16
    Mido wrote: »
    The game can feel like such a grind at times. I have lasted longer this year than last though. I think it helps not playing WL. I have enjoyed the silver games tonight though. The reward isn’t anything crazy so the majority of the games have been okay.

I don't do WL much, only when I don't have anything to do on the weekends. I love the FUT Champs concept but hate having to play such a boring game. I thought in previous FUT Champs there was weekly conditions or something? I would love to see it now so it can bring in some originality. I didn't play a lot last year so I can't tell if I'm tripping or not. But would love to see silver squads in WL or only having one 89+ rated player and the rest bronze or smth.
  • CarlitoNabito
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gameplay is too mechanic
  • xFATAL
    4034 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 16

Wrong, It's also me and about 20 others on my friends list that used to play this game religiously since Fut 09/10. I'm done with this game mode unless they make drastic changes next year, It's turned into a massive cash grab.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    its a bad game. the user has less and less real input unless he chooses to play a particular way
  • Arron xox
    2820 posts National Call-Up
    I'm still having fun with it
  • James Libby
    xFATAL wrote: »

Wrong, It's also me and about 20 others on my friends list that used to play this game religiously since Fut 09/10. I'm done with this game mode unless they make drastic changes next year, It's turned into a massive cash grab.

Sarcasm isn't your strong suit.
  • tatadwader
    2354 posts Fans' Favourite
    I do.

It's fun to cross. Fits my style.

The bs bounces and goals the lesser rated teams get is dumb.

My only qualm.
  • holdenwait
    54426 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    feels pretty great for the most part. i've been playing quite good over the past 2 months and getting better and better. packing sif mbappe made everything more fun too.
  • Boomba
    833 posts Semi-Pro

Implying you can understand sarcasm through the internet.
    tatadwader wrote: »
    I do.

My only qualm.

Proves my point. Only one sort of game style in this game and it's crossing. Until the next patch comes and nerfs crossing, only for something else to be overpowered. Rinse, repeat.

The deflections happen because of the mass drop back in players. 10 players defending, great fun when you're attacking!
  • smcali23
    1185 posts Professional
    Yeah, it's trash. Hate the fact that the goals you're supposed to score and worked hard for don't go on, but the ones you don't deserve go in. So unsatisfactory.
  • MadTopGun2012
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Everything about this game is just one big joke now.

Gameplay is a joke
    Servers are a joke
    Packs are a joke
    Content is a joke
    EA is a joke

Unfortunately the joke is on us though.

This
  • James Libby
    edited February 16
    Boomba wrote: »

I do.

My only qualm.

Proves my point. Only one sort of game style in this game and it's crossing. Until the next patch comes and nerfs crossing, only for something else to be overpowered. Rinse, repeat.

The deflections happen because of the mass drop back in players. 10 players defending, great fun when you're attacking!

At some point, if a statement is outlandish enough (like claiming you're the only person in the entire world who doesn't enjoy the game... on General Discussion, no less) it's safe to say it conveys. But don't let basic logic and reading comprehension get in the way of your pity party, mate.
  • Gainzy
    947 posts Professional
    I absolutely love this game. Best £80 I’ve ever spent. With the AI playing for you It’s like football manager but with better graphics, and unlike football manager I get to actually buy my players with real money.

The best bit of all though is the suspense that EA create by misleading you into planning for one thing and then they throw a massive curve ball. It’s so exciting seeing what they are going to do next.
  • Boomba
    833 posts Semi-Pro

I do.

My only qualm.

At some point, if a statement is outlandish enough (like claiming you're the only person in the entire world who doesn't enjoy the game... on General Discussion, no less) it's safe to say it conveys. But don't let basic logic and reading comprehension get in the way of your pity party, mate.

Claiming? I haven't claimed anything. "Only person in the entire world who doesn't enjoy the game." I never said that nor intended that. Not sure what that's about.

I'm simply wondering if people feel the same way. If people can relate. Where rewards don't feel like rewards. Where gameplay is repetitive and boring. Where people feel like they scoring isn't as joyful as it used to be.
  • greif44
    2209 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lately, the game just feels meh. I've been playing less and less as the weeks go by. Same gameplay, same teams, scoring doesn't even feel rewarding and the rewards don't even feel like rewards. Every game for me is like "oh okay, I scored, cool... oh I won. Can't wait for next weeks rewards, I know I won't get anything!"

Is it just me or does this game feel bland and boring? Or are the years of FIFA just catching up to me?

The only games where my opponent tries to be creative and play football game are H2H games. Other than that, >90% of the time I face the variety of ~40-50 cards in squads, 4231/41212(2), PTB+counterattack, people abuse AI defending etc. Although sometimes I play vs people that just want to enjoy the game without all that bs, but that almost never happens.
    Squad building is fun as there`s so many options to build a squad but it becomes pointless once you get to play the match.

The biggest disappointment for me is that most of the people just play to win at all costs to get "better rewards" which will be useless very soon anyways and they`ll start over lol.
  • Low Ki
    11588 posts Has That Special Something
    No. I'm going death by packs slowly with the SBC's and it's convincing me how useless this 'grind' actually is.
  • limjitwe
    6494 posts Big Money Move
    Yup still enjoy the game. I just use players I like and I’m happy when I score a nice build up goal.

Not sure why people are complaining about the cash grab and playing of the game are totally different imo. Too much hate on EA
  • Tennster10
    1715 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yesterday i was fifa god 8-2 . My players making great run and it was a beautiful game.
    This moring i am a fifa noob. Can’t string 2 pass together... it frustrating.
  • maunokoivisto
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes, I like the game
  • BernaLeo87
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Worst gameplay ever after new patch.
  • No I dont
  • ValtorSadek
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Still finding enjoyment in the gameplay. It's a lot better since last patch because finesse simulator 19 was disgusting. Still scope to improve on the ai defense issue.
  • Low Ki
    11588 posts Has That Special Something
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Yup still enjoy the game. I just use players I like and I’m happy when I score a nice build up goal.

Not sure why people are complaining about the cash grab and playing of the game are totally different imo. Too much hate on EA

Its justified. The company is built off a foundation of scum and the policy of the top to focus on lootboxing every product to the hilt at the expense of a focus on gameplay has created one of the most toxic communities in all of gaming.

I'd argue everything wrong with the overmonetisation of titles today has its roots in FUT. This mode actually predates mobile games in their excessive pricing.