Squad Battle question (now annoyance)

Comments

• EricVanDerek
    604 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pooter wrote: »
    Not demeaning you in anyway, but you should at least try to up the levels to semipro.

OK... quite how crap do you think I am?!?
    ("very", in case you were wondering, but even so...)

I play on beginner because I can use a bad fitness team (to get my main team up to full fitness again), score 5 quick goals then put the controller down while I get on with other stuff. So for 20 minutes "game play" a day I can get G1.

Rivals and WL take up enough time as it is, without adding another game mode that I'd have to concentrate on.

(but every so often, if I'm tired of being chased around the pitch by Online blood-crazed AI auto-bots, then I'll play SB on a higher difficulty level so I can be chased around the pitch by Offline blood-crazed AI auto-bots...)
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Not demeaning you in anyway, but you should at least try to up the levels to semipro.

OK... quite how crap do you think I am?!?
    ("very", in case you were wondering, but even so...)

I play on beginner because I can use a bad fitness team (to get my main team up to full fitness again), score 5 quick goals then put the controller down while I get on with other stuff. So for 20 minutes "game play" a day I can get G1.

Rivals and WL take up enough time as it is, without adding another game mode that I'd have to concentrate on.

(but every so often, if I'm tired of being chased around the pitch by Online blood-crazed AI auto-bots, then I'll play SB on a higher difficulty level so I can be chased around the pitch by Offline blood-crazed AI auto-bots...)

Not saying that, but saying you need to up your playing level

Anyhoo.......so far, I've managed to reach E1. Please EA more easier ones. I need to play against Legendary AI
  • Zv1k0
    5715 posts Big Money Move
    You should stick to Legendary against any team even if that means you finish 1 rank lower for a week or 2. That's how you'll learn. Playing against harder teams (on paper) on lower difficulty won't help you get better.
  • Thomas
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    Will get g1 in sb, can't ve bothered to go for elite.

Hope for a good player when I get home on wednesday(fingers crossed).
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    You should stick to Legendary against any team even if that means you finish 1 rank lower for a week or 2. That's how you'll learn. Playing against harder teams (on paper) on lower difficulty won't help you get better.

I’ll try to find the nerve hahas. Yup everyone learns the hard way
  • EricVanDerek
    604 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not saying that, but saying you need to up your playing level

Apologies if I'm being slow here, but why?

Any higher difficulty, and I have to actually play the game for the full 90 minutes. Unfortunately I don't have unlimited time during the week, so I'm not going to do that
  • DFC1983
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My own tips for SB;
    • Beginner for Featured Squad and get the 1400 points or thereabouts
    • Legendary level for squads 80 or below
    • World class for squads 83 or below
    • Professional for squads 85 or below
    • Semi pro for anything above 86

Usually comfortably finish in the Golds after about 4-5 games per week.
  • Thomas
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    DFC1983 wrote: »
    My own tips for SB;
    • Beginner for Featured Squad and get the 1400 points or thereabouts
    • Legendary level for squads 80 or below
    • World class for squads 83 or below
    • Professional for squads 85 or below
    • Semi pro for anything above 86

Usually comfortably finish in the Golds after about 4-5 games per week.

Semi pro isn't worth doing.
    Get like 100 points more than on beginner.
    Might just do beginner or professional.

Other than that, good tip
  • BGAlum
    801 posts Semi-Pro
    Many thanks @Zv1k0 - much appreciated.

Most of the time I just play on beginner - score 5 quick goals then leave it running - to get some points, so I usually hit G1. Occasionally if I've time I'll actually play against a lower rated team on Pro / WC, just to work on breaking down the AI.

I also can't believe that the coding in Online games is significantly different to that in SB, so knowing that, for instance, through passes aren't so effective after minute 75 if you're ahead is very useful knowledge when playing Rivals / WL.

That said, I'm not sure I'll change from manually using my defenders to defend - I understand that will have a significantly detrimental impact on my results, but results aren't everything...

In my set of 4 today, I automatically started a game against a 76 rated team on beginner.

It was only when the game was underway that I realised it was Mbappe in goal, and then 10 GKs in the outfield positions (3 gold, 1 silver, rest bronze). On the bench he had DDG, KDB, FB Baines, Rttf Sterling, IF Anderson ...

Felt rather stupid for not realising, and playing that team on Legendary.

Hope the rest of you playing SB "correctly" get drawn against that "team" again soon..

Not demeaning you in anyway, but you should at least try to up the levels to semipro. It will be more of a learning curve for you. Though I have lost games on semipro because they have either Ronaldo, Neymar or Messi, or all three of them. Not forgetting Mbappe. And the system doesn't give us any of those cards
    @EricVanDerek gets enough drama in Rivals and WL...

That said, ametuar should get a bit more points and allow you to to the same thing.

That said @Zv1k0 not to poke the bear, but now with my son having a FUT account and my account I get the chance to play the guest team a second time.

Played both at the same level this week, obviously I could not lay with the same team, but there was a noticeable difference in how the AI played. First game they were marking tightly and tough to break down. Using a decent gold Netherlands only team.

My son had a daily objective to use a bronze team, so I played the the guest team worried it would be as difficult or worse as it was for the first match. Their defense was completely different and I had a much easier victory. Sure I had the advantage of already playing that team, but playing with a Gold team the first match and players I had at least played with previously to playing with a very slow bronze team to which I was completely new, I thought would have negated that advantage.

• Zv1k0
    BGAlum wrote: »
    Many thanks @Zv1k0 - much appreciated.

Most of the time I just play on beginner - score 5 quick goals then leave it running - to get some points, so I usually hit G1. Occasionally if I've time I'll actually play against a lower rated team on Pro / WC, just to work on breaking down the AI.

I also can't believe that the coding in Online games is significantly different to that in SB, so knowing that, for instance, through passes aren't so effective after minute 75 if you're ahead is very useful knowledge when playing Rivals / WL.

That said, I'm not sure I'll change from manually using my defenders to defend - I understand that will have a significantly detrimental impact on my results, but results aren't everything...

In my set of 4 today, I automatically started a game against a 76 rated team on beginner.

It was only when the game was underway that I realised it was Mbappe in goal, and then 10 GKs in the outfield positions (3 gold, 1 silver, rest bronze). On the bench he had DDG, KDB, FB Baines, Rttf Sterling, IF Anderson ...

Felt rather stupid for not realising, and playing that team on Legendary.

Hope the rest of you playing SB "correctly" get drawn against that "team" again soon..

Not demeaning you in anyway, but you should at least try to up the levels to semipro. It will be more of a learning curve for you. Though I have lost games on semipro because they have either Ronaldo, Neymar or Messi, or all three of them. Not forgetting Mbappe. And the system doesn't give us any of those cards
    @EricVanDerek gets enough drama in Rivals and WL...

That said, ametuar should get a bit more points and allow you to to the same thing.

That said @Zv1k0 not to poke the bear, but now with my son having a FUT account and my account I get the chance to play the guest team a second time.

Played both at the same level this week, obviously I could not lay with the same team, but there was a noticeable difference in how the AI played. First game they were marking tightly and tough to break down. Using a decent gold Netherlands only team.

My son had a daily objective to use a bronze team, so I played the the guest team worried it would be as difficult or worse as it was for the first match. Their defense was completely different and I had a much easier victory. Sure I had the advantage of already playing that team, but playing with a Gold team the first match and players I had at least played with previously to playing with a very slow bronze team to which I was completely new, I thought would have negated that advantage.

Did you use the same formation too?
  • BGAlum
    801 posts Semi-Pro
    Yes, it was the same formation, just different players. I don’t get too fancy with the squads that are wiped out depending on the daily objective (league, country, rating etc.) and keep those at a 4-3-3.

It was more the defensive pressure in the first game that differed greatly. Then the ability to steal the ball on the second game was easier. From an old, old, old school gamer even with AI at the same level you would expect the same patterns at least at the lower levels. At the upper levels you would expect more variances.

Next time I play which might be quite some time, I want to pay attention to the coin rating to see if it differs if I use my 87 rated team or a bronze team. I think the game sees what team you are using and awards you differently with the multiplier too.

• Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Played against a team rated only 58 chem a real low of 19. And almost came a cropper on Ultimate AI

I think every player has to be on 99 fitness, and you have to change formation during a game
  • Zv1k0
    edited February 10
    Yes, it was the same formation, just different players. I don’t get too fancy with the squads that are wiped out depending on the daily objective (league, country, rating etc.) and keep those at a 4-3-3.

It was more the defensive pressure in the first game that differed greatly. Then the ability to steal the ball on the second game was easier. From an old, old, old school gamer even with AI at the same level you would expect the same patterns at least at the lower levels. At the upper levels you would expect more variances.

Next time I play which might be quite some time, I want to pay attention to the coin rating to see if it differs if I use my 87 rated team or a bronze team. I think the game sees what team you are using and awards you differently with the multiplier too.

On what difficulty did you play?
  • BGAlum
    801 posts Semi-Pro
    I only did the guest squad on amateur... yeah embarrassing...

Which is never ever ever an issue... so that alone was a major surprise to say the least. Many times save that for the last game. Anyhow, it is normally a stress free departure since no extra points for more goals or possession.

The user experience is different depending on the accounts so far.
  • Zv1k0
    I only did the guest squad on amateur... yeah embarrassing.

No, not embarrassing but not enough to make a point. On that difficulty, sometimes they literally dribble into you. In attack, you can almost run in a straight line and score with whatever shot you like from anywhere. I can win 30-0 against any team on that difficulty because there's no one to play against.
  • BGAlum
    801 posts Semi-Pro
    I only did the guest squad on amateur... yeah embarrassing.

No, not embarrassing but not enough to make a point. On that difficulty, sometimes they literally dribble into you. In attack, you can almost run in a straight line and score with whatever shot you like from anywhere. I can win 30-0 against any team on that difficulty because there's no one to play against.

Yes, normally... which is what made it odd to not have that.
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    edited February 10
    I guess in some matches against some cards, I have to be ultra defensive

But I can't hack it against Neymar for some reason
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    50K points this week. And just over 4 hours to go. Current standing level at the time of this post is 44017

I'm nervous af now
  • Zv1k0
    50K points this week. And just over 4 hours to go. Current standing level at the time of this post is 44017

I'm nervous af now

It won't go over 50k. You are fine.
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional

I'm nervous af now

I hope you are right. I hope I get some cracking cards to boot as well
  • Darfi02
    3314 posts National Call-Up

I'm nervous af now

I hope you are right. I hope I get some cracking cards to boot as well

You'll be fine I quit playing my matches this week at 52k no point in playing anymore matches I'm confident it will be enough. I wouldn't hold out for anything good though in terms of cards :D.
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Yeah, I think I am safe. First time ever I finish in the E1 zone.

I guess I have to try playing all my games on either WC, Legendary and Ultimate more to get higher
  • BGAlum
    801 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah, I think I am safe. First time ever I finish in the E1 zone.

I guess I have to try playing all my games on either WC, Legendary and Ultimate more to get higher

Congrats, even if you do not get great players, the additional coins and having the chance at better cards is nice.
  • Zv1k0
    Got rank 1 again, terrible rewards. Best player was Paulinho. That's now 2 rank 1 finishes and only 1 walkout last week which was Isco and not even from Ultimate pack. 4 Ultimate packs, 0 walkouts. Terrible.
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Got rank 1 again, terrible rewards. Best player was Paulinho. That's now 2 rank 1 finishes and only 1 walkout last week which was Isco and not even from Ultimate pack. 4 Ultimate packs, 0 walkouts. Terrible.

Ooof was that you on the top of the scoreboard? OMG I didn't realise that one

i got Douglas Costa and some IF
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    I tried Legendary AI on a team rated 79 chem 56. Now going to try a 82 rated team at Legendary AI.
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional

I see you're not doing it this week, am I correct?

• Zv1k0

Yeah, I need a break from it. Will focus on WL this week.
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    edited February 16
    This game defies belief sometimes. Up against an all bronze team, rated 59 chem 16 with a GK as striker cb as Cam and cam as st (although not unheard of) another GK as CDM and I still lost 3-0 on Ultimate AI

Then the next two matches, I lose for no reason at all on WC.
    Post edited by Pooter on
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional

Yeah, I need a break from it. Will focus on WL this week.

Good luck in the WL