Are YouTubers ignoring the moments promo?

smcali23
1113 posts Professional
Anyone else notice that hardly anyone is talking about it. Many of these people's wages depend on FIFA, but I feel like most of them are silently boycotting it. They know EA went too far.

I only know one person who's in favour of it (nickk runthefutmarket, probably because he can make coins off of it) and one other who has released a proper video on it (Matthdgamer who basically wanted to say it was awful but was scared to say it outright). Everyone else has basically insinuated it was a load of tripe but i guess because their livelihoods depend on it haven't said what they actually think of it.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • sonnyfilth
    3782 posts National Call-Up
    What is there to talk about?

    They're releasing cards in packs.

    There's no content yet.

    There's nothing enticing yet.

    They'll drop a prime SBC later, if not they're just beyond help and will lose a lot of money.

    It's the stupidest thing they've done, UNLESS they follow a very simple and logical plan of

    Drop prime SBC's start of/during promo

    Let people work towards the prime upgrade SBC's coming up

    That keeps FP sales high, market high, people playing

    Otherwise they're just doing idiotic things tbh and I'll happily never give a $ to the company again, if they want to troll us this much f**k them
  • Joe
    4547 posts National Call-Up
    Boycotting it? Wait until you see how much points they're going to spend on this.
  • smcali23
    1113 posts Professional
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    What is there to talk about?

    They're releasing cards in packs.

    There's no content yet.

    There's nothing enticing yet.

    They'll drop a prime SBC later, if not they're just beyond help and will lose a lot of money.

    It's the stupidest thing they've done, UNLESS they follow a very simple and logical plan of

    Drop prime SBC's start of/during promo

    Let people work towards the prime upgrade SBC's coming up

    That keeps FP sales high, market high, people playing

    Otherwise they're just doing idiotic things tbh and I'll happily never give a $ to the company again, if they want to troll us this much f**k them

    Agree with every point. But there's usually a ton of hype about these promos. Even YouTubers obviously think it's disgusting, though - as they're usually the hype merchants. I just wish they'd come out and say it outright.
  • smcali23
    1113 posts Professional
    Joe wrote: »
    Boycotting it? Wait until you see how much points they're going to spend on this.

    That's what I'm interested to see. Will bateson, for instance, still spend all of his cash on this promo, even though he's apparently against it.
  • sonnyfilth
    3782 posts National Call-Up
    smcali23 wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    What is there to talk about?

    They're releasing cards in packs.

    There's no content yet.

    There's nothing enticing yet.

    They'll drop a prime SBC later, if not they're just beyond help and will lose a lot of money.

    It's the stupidest thing they've done, UNLESS they follow a very simple and logical plan of

    Drop prime SBC's start of/during promo

    Let people work towards the prime upgrade SBC's coming up

    That keeps FP sales high, market high, people playing

    Otherwise they're just doing idiotic things tbh and I'll happily never give a $ to the company again, if they want to troll us this much f**k them

    Agree with every point. But there's usually a ton of hype about these promos. Even YouTubers obviously think it's disgusting, though - as they're usually the hype merchants. I just wish they'd come out and say it outright.

    Ofc they won't, they're game changers, they get trips to the EA events lol, EA help them promote the game and FP sales

    Why do you think that pie guy all of a sudden gets a bunch of special cards/icons, because it hits the demographic they want to sell points to

    Why do you think Nep packs what he did in his introduction to icon crafting.

    It's smart, free marketing.

    I like the game, and for the most part I see why they do what they do, and I can understand profit driven decisions, but atm they're just f****ng with us WHILE LOSING MONEY, it actually annoys me, that I can't support a game I want to because the company are having some weird sick kick on trolling us.

    We'll see what happens later today, maybe they'll wake up.
  • Robbenhood
    1434 posts Professional
    Just wait until tomorrow

    "OMG INSANE WALKOUT PACKED!!!"

    Click thread. 86 Verratti
  • smcali23
    1113 posts Professional
    Robbenhood wrote: »
    Just wait until tomorrow

    "OMG INSANE WALKOUT PACKED!!!"

    Click thread. 86 Verratti

    Haaaaaa

  • Joe
    4547 posts National Call-Up
    smcali23 wrote: »
    Joe wrote: »
    Boycotting it? Wait until you see how much points they're going to spend on this.

    That's what I'm interested to see. Will bateson, for instance, still spend all of his cash on this promo, even though he's apparently against it.

    Well they're making a living off these videos, I'd be very surprised if they didn't.
  • 14 hours to go mates! Pumped
Sign In or Register to comment.