I just played one of the strangest matches

Pooter
1260 posts Professional
I had the strangest matches of all my time on DIV rivals

The person was constantly putting the ball out of play for a throw in

Anyone else had similar matches?

Comments

  • nsholmberg11
    1111 posts Professional
    I played against someone tonight who kept doing the same thing. Very starange. I was up 2-0 in like the 20’ and he started doing that. Then after scoring a third in the second half he quit.
  • Pooter
    1260 posts Professional
    I played against someone tonight who kept doing the same thing. Very starange. I was up 2-0 in like the 20’ and he started doing that. Then after scoring a third in the second half he quit.

    He didn't quit the game when playing him. Spanish league based team did the person have?
  • IamLeeroy
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pooter wrote: »
    I had the strangest matches of all my time on DIV rivals

    The person was constantly putting the ball out of play for a throw in

    Anyone else had similar matches?

    Finally, recognition for all these free wins I keep giving out 😎
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pooter
    1260 posts Professional
    edited February 14
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Was he just running in a direction?

    Could've been a de ranker with a tie/rubber band around the movement sticks deranking but still wanting his points + coins + not eating a DNF

    Towards the sidelines in a downward direction mainly with the odd up direction
    Possibly a de-ranker, I don't know the players mindset
  • Pooter
    1260 posts Professional
    IamLeeroy wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    I had the strangest matches of all my time on DIV rivals

    The person was constantly putting the ball out of play for a throw in

    Anyone else had similar matches?

    Finally, recognition for all these free wins I keep giving out 😎

    Hilarious
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    May be he got the position change glitch
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mdizzl3
    12321 posts Has That Special Something
    * Penguin books wants to know your location *
  • Pooter
    1260 posts Professional
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Was he just running in a direction?

    Could've been a de ranker with a tie/rubber band around the movement sticks deranking but still wanting his points + coins + not eating a DNF

    Towards the sidelines in a downward direction mainly with the odd up direction
    Possibly a de-ranker, I don't know the players mindset

    It was a de-ranker then, sometimes it goes up because the right stick will do that even with the left being held down

    Enjoy the free win :D

    I kind of didn't enjoy it, but heck it made me push further into Rank 1 so 45K spondoolies to add to my coins total
  • Al_HFX
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    I played against him aswell, his players always moving upwards slightly to the left. My keeper scored a goal and a own goal, he really enjoyed it
  • NornIron
    11108 posts Has That Special Something
    He probably had delay ive done that a few times to show the other player. He's probably trying to do a fake shot but its not registering.
  • Kingkay
    1740 posts Fans' Favourite
    Could be worse I’ve had rivals where my opponent goes 1-0 up then passes around the back since the 20th minute
  • Pooter
    1260 posts Professional
    edited February 14
    Kingkay wrote: »
    Could be worse I’ve had rivals where my opponent goes 1-0 up then passes around the back since the 20th minute

    Could be worse? How so? Its not as if they are putting the ball out of play on purpose. You, like me, have to learn tackling. That is the one thing I learnt out of this match, so a blessing in disguise
  • Pooter
    1260 posts Professional
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Was he just running in a direction?

    Could've been a de ranker with a tie/rubber band around the movement sticks deranking but still wanting his points + coins + not eating a DNF

    Towards the sidelines in a downward direction mainly with the odd up direction
    Possibly a de-ranker, I don't know the players mindset

    It was a de-ranker then, sometimes it goes up because the right stick will do that even with the left being held down

    Enjoy the free win :D

    The problem with de-ranking is that at a certain point the system thinks you are doing that, and stops taking points away from the final divisional points
Sign In or Register to comment.