What’s your year-on-year player turnover?

Brownian_Motion
282 posts Sunday League Hero
edited February 13
My typical pattern over the past 3 years has been to try different players for a while before coming back progressively to a core set of players I like (Nainggolan, Kolarov, Callejon...). I thought it would be interesting to know whereas the community tends to be faithful to the players they like or more pragmatically goes for their assessment of the best possible combination. Please share.

Comments

• Nivaze
    2302 posts Fans' Favourite
    I usually always go with French players for some reason. No idea why but I just do, good thing France has some really good players this year!

I remember TOTS Lacazette in Fifa 17, by far one of my favourite cards ever!
  • TW1103
    551 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I normally start with West Ham players, and collect all the IF players... Then just upgrade position by position. I rarely change my squad
  • Colzy
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I rotate between working towards different A grade stars each year and hybridding them in with my favourite Lewandowski. Last year was all the English icons, this year CR7, next year Messi. I also go with places I’ve visited that year. Ie I went to Tuscany last year so my team is mostly Serie A. I plan on going to Spain this year so hence the Messi La Liga hybrid decision. My brain is weird
  • I usually start all English players, then transition to a full strength BPL team, and then finish the year on all English players again (once there are enough legit English options)
  • Lmjmartin
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I start with Peter Crouch and Andy Carroll, downgrade to Messi and Ronaldo and then go back to the legends of Crouch and Carroll. I also try and bring in the pace of Gareth Barry at some point
  • Jonboyparker
    5027 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 13
    Start French, then move to La Liga, then move to Prem and then go for my end game upgrades or a cheaper alternative. I try to keep as many Untradables as possible on the way.

Oddly it all kind of interlinks with DDG. I’ve get his UCL untradbale this year and he played 1000 games for me last year. He’ll smash it this year purely becuase I packed him earlier
  • SP300x
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I usually start with french in first few weeks then go to cheap BPL/french until I have loads of coins

Then I always aim to build my squad around my favourite untradeable striker. Last year was the 92 SBC Cavani, this year has been the 89 SBC Aubameyang (who most likely will be 90 after ratings refresh),

Ive pulled a load of great untradeables this year like HL dembele, been loving SBC Casemiro and OTW promes so gone for mainly la liga atm
  • DanValletta
    1198 posts Professional
    I go with value for coins whilst building my coins and then I buy a hybrid that's very good. Then I just keep chopping and changing. I have 5 leagues and 5 nationalities in my team. I like it to be fun and good at the same time. If I like a couple of players I'll see what I can do to get them in.

Like FFS Havertz and 3POTM Reus. I moved things around and bought makelele to get them in.

So I'm spontaneous. The only card I'm sure I will get is Prime Dinho
  • IAIK7
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    I always get DDG as soon as I can.
  • FCBlunt
    1759 posts Play-Off Hero
    Each year I tell myself, dont build a laliga squad.

*builds a laliga squad*

But yeah, I always used Jordi Alba. He’s just too good to turn down on the left back. Otherwise I mainly use Barca players, so yeah.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2778 posts Fans' Favourite
    In the past years I've been content with putting emphasis on players I enjoy using and fancy IRL. This is something I sadly had to sacrifice this year to be able to compete on equal terms as the p2w aspect has completely metastasized this game.

It's all meta now; hyper-stacked squads and diminished skill gap. The thrill is gone.
  • Pikandel
    1029 posts Professional
    I always build a full Dutch squad and improve it with IF/other special cards and grind my way to icons.
  • IamLeeroy
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lmjmartin wrote: »
    I start with Peter Crouch and Andy Carroll, downgrade to Messi and Ronaldo and then go back to the legends of Crouch and Carroll. I also try and bring in the pace of Gareth Barry at some point

Totally agree. The thing I love about Barry is that he is so quick in game, I dont even need to use a pace boosting chem style. I can just boost the stats I feel really need upgrading, its not like there are many of those tho 😏
  • Brownian_Motion
    @lIlIlIlIlIl well, I think one may not let the fun go for the sake of being competitive. I am happy to play in lower division with my 78 right winger.
  • Brownian_Motion
    @DanValletta Makes sense. Last year I connected KDB to Mertens simply because I got very impressed by the PL player, although I am not a follower of this league.
  • czcash
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Always start with bpl, then go into la liga as i get the coins for messi etc, mix in some ligue1 just for fun before i rage sell and go Serie A for the last couple of months.
    This year is no different, except my "serie a" squad is basically cr7 and a lot of icons... + mbappe and IF Meunier... hmmm, maybe im really breaking the traditions this year
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    The only thing that kept playing FUT for as long as I did this year was changing my team really often.
  • BladesManSUFC
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    Depends which big untradeable players I pull at the beginning
  • Brownian_Motion
    @czcash very « serie A » indeed...